Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lolpah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:58 pm 

Hi everyone, I've been lurking the board for a few years and finally decided to register. I'm Finnish and I guess I have been listening to metal since 2009 when I discovered Nightwish, though I didn't really dive very deep into the genre until like 2-3 years ago. Anyway this site has been instrumental in exposing me to a lot of metal and I read it regularly so I thought it's best to register so I can participate in discussions here.

geisterfaust
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:50 am 

Hi! I've been using this website on and off for the last 5 or 6 years and I decided to join the forums to see how it goes. So yeah, hi.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:39 pm 

I can commiserate with your signature.

Each night I await the call of my silent quest
To run through the wind alive in the darkness

EatTheRich
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 pm 

Hi folx, I'm not actually new here, I just didn't like my old username; also my attitude has changed quite a bit over the past few years and I don't really stand behind a lot of my old post history anymore.

I listen to all kinds of metal from all eras but especially black and death metal. I generally hold genre classics in high regard and appreciate bands that worship the roots. But I'm not ignorant of interesting new developments and innovation in metal. I don't only listen to metal but also stuff like ambient, progressive rock, punk, folk, industrial and a bunch of others.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm 

Welcome (back), EatTheRich. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Vee952
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:13 pm 

hello.

doomsnow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:15 am 

Hello ALL, New to the forum. From the frigid north of Wisconsin, currently living in Louisiana where I do nothing but sweat my balls off. I'm here for the metal.

RakdosWarlord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:33 am 

Hello. I'm RakdosWarlord. I like beer and naked ladies.

Some of my favorite bands-
Pantera
Nile
Alestorm
Megadeth
Mastodon

Beethoven van Gogh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:09 am 

Hi all,I'm Beethoven Van Gogh aka Lou,and I got a Youtube channel that I haven't uploaded anything to for more than 2 years. Have been lurking on this site for 4 or 5 years and made an account just a year ago. Just wanted to make my first post. So yeah.

SirAngry95
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 pm 

hello. i'm SirAngry95. just joined today.

so what is there to know who i am. i'm into various of Metal genres and am into the Heavy 70's shit. i am a YouTuber. a musician. and such and such.

glad to be here.

Wrath6909
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:06 am 

Not really the new guy but ive made my return lol
Been a lurker for ages. Great site! Cheers lads and virtual drinks on me!!!

Toby_Queef
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:37 pm 

I like metal. 'Nuff said

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:59 pm 

Hi, everyone! (Except the one who already blew it)

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:15 pm 

Timeghoul here. I have traveled through space and time to be here. The dimension I come from is beyond your understanding, but nonetheless I am here to discuss life as you understand it.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

philosobat
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:43 am 

Hello all. I may be posting here a bit in the future so I look forward to amicably disagreeing with you soon!

NeueRegel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:29 pm 

Hello people. I'm here to write some reviews and discuss about our favourite music (and not only). Cheers everyone!

TheKilla
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:35 pm 

Figured I'd say hi as well. I'm an old-school guy, been around forever. Anyway, glad to be contributing to the Archives!

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:28 pm 

Hello to all the newbies. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

ZMapp
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:33 am 

Hi, I'm ZMapp, long time lurker that finally made an account. I like silly videogames and anime. I love all kinds of metal but my heart belongs to Brutal Death and Melodeath. I started playing guitar and bass about 1 year ago.

I think that's it.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:26 am 

ScandalfTheShite finally got passed. Introduce the lord of... nothing.

Sinfulsot
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:02 pm 

A re-introduction of sorts. i joined a while ago, but haven't been very active. I am hoping to jump right in to discuss metal and non-metal alike with the rest of all y'all...

skitzorgasm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:15 pm 

Hel...hello..
I'm new here. And a little overwhelmed. I've recently had some traumatizing events regarding black metal elitists at the local FYE. It still hurts when I pee.
At any rate. I am here and look forward to being apart of your intentional internet community. I've been lurking for a long time especially in the recommendations section. You guys seem super knowledgable. Happy to be here.

RakdosWarlord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:34 am 

skitzorgasm wrote:
Hel...hello..
I'm new here. And a little overwhelmed. I've recently had some traumatizing events regarding black metal elitists at the local FYE. It still hurts when I pee.
At any rate. I am here and look forward to being apart of your intentional internet community. I've been lurking for a long time especially in the recommendations section. You guys seem super knowledgable. Happy to be here.

Elitists suck. They suck the fun out of every hobby.

Andreas_Hansen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:41 am 

Hi everyone, I'm Andi and I live in the sacred land of wine, cheese and Victor Hugo. It's been a while since I signed up to M.A. but I never took a look at the forum until I discovered the topic "The Review Feedback". Since I worship it everyday.
I write sci-fi books, short stories, reviews and all that kind of stuff, learn languages, and do a lot more things that those goddamn literary peoples do.

And I never forget to break my neck while listening to bands like Helloween, Nile, Paradox, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Exeloume, Cattle Decapitation, Overkill, Revocation, Avantasia, Candlemass, Cryptopsy, Melechesh, Orphaned Land... Yes, I like a lot of genres. Actually Neoclassical/Power Metal, Technical Thrash, Technical Death and Middle Eastern Folk.

I came also on this forum to get visibility and to earn success and to gain a lot of money.

Cheerz.

Tunes of Steel - Reviews and writing stuff website. Latest: Paradox - Pangea
Metalhertz, French Youtube radio channel

dfkman
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:26 pm 

Hello everyone! I don't know how often I'll post here, but I do post reviews every once in a while on the main site.

Daysbetween
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:33 am 

Welcome to all the new folks and greetings from Scotland.

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:59 am 

Andreas_Hansen wrote:
I came also on this forum to get visibility and to earn success and to gain a lot of money.

Well you've certainly come to the right place :lol: Welcome!

fatfuck777
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:35 pm 

Hi, all! fatfuck777, here. I don't play in a band or anything but I have always loved METAL! :headbang:

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you. Cheers!

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:49 pm 

I enjoy your screen name.

BombaAlaMode
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:02 pm 

Hi y'all! I'm from Tampa, FL, patted George Fisher's back at an Overkill show recently and thought it was one of the best days of my life.

I created this account YEARS ago, but never got around to posting. I've been lurking again as of late to expand my music library since I feel like I hit a dead-end. I'm trying to find more inspired, innovative metal (any genre) as of late. I'm not a novice to the following: Black, thrash, death, heavy, and doom. I like some punk, hardcore, a bit of prog. However, I feel lately like I'm listening to the same things over and over again, just different bands. It's a real downer. But, you guys are amazing and I feel like I'll be able to find what I'm looking for around these parts! Hope to have many great discussions over time!

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:43 pm 

Welcome! For innovative metal, some of my favorites are:

My Silent Wake (primarily doom/death but they've got albums that are entirely acoustic, ambient, experimental... and they're all quite good)
The 3rd And The Mortal (female-fronted doom metal that morphed into avant-garde after their first album; their second and third full-lengths are the best)
Epta Astera (black metal with Gregorian chanting and many other styles mixed in)
Kauan (atmospheric black/doom/folk/post-rock of very high quality)
Sexit (eclectic rock; only their first album is metal but all albums are great; really fun stuff)

sk1n
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:23 pm 

Greetins! Happy Halloween!

Thrashing Gamsbichler
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:16 pm 

So, hi, I'm new here! I've followed and used this page like probably all of you for a couple of years back now on a daily basis, and I just decided that it's time to contribute, if that's anywhere near what I can do.
As I got into Metal in the 80's, I'm all about Thrash and Death Metal mainly, but also love the NWOBHM, anything old school, some Black Metal and a lot of 70's stuff like Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath,... I think you get where my taste is at. Probably like a lot of you people I'm a musician (guitar) too.

So, if this is the place, I have a question about how this works:
I added a new member to a band and was really proud I got that done because I'm not exactly a rocket scientist when it comes to computers and all. That person I added has been in several bands before (as usual, really) and has a record in each of them but those didn't show up as a 'see also' reference. I always thought that kind of stuff would link automatically, because the said name is already in the data bank, but it didn't do that.
What did I do wrong?

Thanks for your help!
Best regards
T.G.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:45 pm 

Thrashing Gamsbichler wrote:
So, if this is the place, I have a question about how this works:
I added a new member to a band and was really proud I got that done because I'm not exactly a rocket scientist when it comes to computers and all. That person I added has been in several bands before (as usual, really) and has a record in each of them but those didn't show up as a 'see also' reference. I always thought that kind of stuff would link automatically, because the said name is already in the data bank, but it didn't do that.
What did I do wrong?

When you click "Add an artist" you can search the artist's name, and select an existing artist entry from the list.

Since you already added it, just click "report an error" or send me a PM with the links to the two artist pages. We (mods) have a tool that can merge artist pages to correct things like this. Thanks for contributing, and never hesitate to ask about the site. :)

Hare Kristmas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:57 pm 

Hi everyone, I just registered.

About me: I listen to all kinds of music from all over the world but heavy rock (or what they're apparently calling "alternative metal" these days) has been a consistent favorite. Although if it's newer than about 1998 I probably haven't heard of it or don't like it.

I have strong opinions but I can usually back them up with thoughtful reasoning. I know my music theory pretty well. I'm interested in a lot of other things too.

I make music and am mostly here to get feedback on it but I'll wait to share until I get to know the forum a bit and have given feedback to others first.

I have a slight internet addiction problem so if you see me posting a lot, or hanging around in Tavern not talking about music too much, feel free to gently remind me to get off my computer and go spend time with my wife and kids. Hopefully it won't come to that.

DividerOfShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:42 am 

Hey there, fellas. I've actually been here for some time, but never wrote anything here, so I figured - why the heck not?

Anyway, I'm DividerOfShadows, I registered here mainly to help fixing (or at least pinpoint) some misspellings within the lyrics of songs, but later my aim extended to pointing out incorrectly written release dates of albums (i.e. I'm probably a major bore to moderators, and for that I'm truly sorry). Lately I became somewhat active on this forum as well and the community seems cool. Lots of interesting stuff to talk about.

Although I'm aware of the fact that what I'm going to say now became sort of a cliche, I apologise if you encounter any mistakes in my English. It's not my native language and I'm trying to improve it.

Concerning my music taste, I don't have a select favorite metal genre, maybe black metal. But I like prog, symphonic black, classic heavy metal and even some groove metal. When it comes to metal subgenres I'm not really a fan of, I'm not that much into power metal. I don't hate it, it just doesn't really suit my tastes.

I know some of you will roll your eyes reading this, but I also edit articles on Wikipedia from time to time, updating discographies and reverting various vandalisms. I'm familiar with the criticisms on site's unreliability and I try to make it more trustworthy with my modest contributions.

Thank you for your attention!

And I'm still hoping for Katy Perry to do another Christian album.

My Last.fm

Lionel Fauquier
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:33 pm 

Hello everyone ! I'm Lionel Fauquier a passionate aficionado of so called " old school " metal . I like new bands as well for what it's worth , I just happen to be stuck on the old school sound .

I also enjoy learning as much as possible about history , historical/political themed films , philosophical discussions , and ( when I can afford it ) imported Jamaican rum .

Anyways I'm glad to have joined and I look forward to many productive discussions .

Kilstradamus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:27 pm 

Hello people,

I'm Kilstradamus from the low lands (Netherlands), here to lurk around discovering great music.

maxxplank
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:32 pm 

Hi everyone,

When reading the intro of Lionel Fauquier, i feel like he stole my description lol.

I too am more of an old school head, but really more specifically old school trash metal. I do of course love Nirvana too.

As it is the case for my old school metal fans, i'm also a major nerd. You can check out all my French geek rants by reading my articles on Vilain Geek.

All time favs:

Nirvana | Nevermind
Metallica | ...And Justice for All
Metallica | Reload (I don't care what anybody says!!)

Other than that, really looking forward to sharing and learning from everyone here and sharing the passion for music.

Ebheron
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:52 pm 

Greetings peeps.

I like Black Metal... and Food, I guess that sums it up pretty well

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150 ... 156  Next