Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Cyrax666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:13 am 

Hey guys,

So I got an iPod Touch the other day and it has the ability to download applications (apps for short) and I was just wondering what ones, if you own one do you recommend that are good?

So far I have Shave Me!, Shazzam, Scratchies and Glow Hockey.

KyleShepard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 am 

Line4, Facebook, and Last FM are the only ones I use a lot. Line 4 is pretty much Connect4 with online playing.

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:07 pm 

The Quest, despite is bad name, is a great RPG, in the vein of Daggerfall.

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

Cendelence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:13 pm 

If youre iPod/iPhone is jailbroken, like my totally rad one you can get the whole original quake game on cydia. It's called quake4iphone in cydia. There is also frogger, space invadersand minigore which I like a lot. Gangstar is another one, It's like GTA on your ipod.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:31 pm 

Let me just say that I love my iPhone. What a great and handy piece of gear. Basically we know that it's pretty much a full on computer in your pocket not to mention that I store much metal on it as an iPod. I still have the original version(8GB). As for apps:

-Flixter- I use this useful free app to check out shot reviews for films plus I mostly go to it for showtimes.

-MySpace- Another free one as a no-brainer. It's good to check messages and a fewe other things. Not great but pretty handy.

-Facebook. Same as above but not as good. Not very practical and you can't do everything on it as you can with the main site but it's free.

-Phone Flicks.-This is the Netflix app if of course you have an account with them. Pretty disappointing as it is chock of full of bugs and glitches. Always have a hardtime adding and updating my queue on it for some reason.

-Gamefly- Much better than Phone Flix but can be annoying sometimes as its interface is not well designed.

-Google(free)- they upgraded it to where it shows images and sites without having to divert to the Safari. Sometimes useful.

-Whitepages-I use this one the most. Isn't always up to date for everything but very handy and it gives a good map.

-YPmobile- The Yellow Pages one. Very good one and it;s free.

-Chipolte- Just downloaded this one yesterday and ordered food from it out of the location that just opened near me. I love it.

-Wikipedia-I use this one very much but I hate that it crashes so much after a search.

-GuitarToolKit- A very slick guitar tuner app that costs six bucks.

-Offender Locator-Avoid the free trial one. Pay for the full version and it lets you know and lists registered sex offenders residing in your area. If you have a family, you'll want to get this one.

There are others I will list later.

~Guest 199766
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:41 pm 

But can it play Doom yet? Bit on the expensive side, $7, but there's Wolfenstein 3D too for $2. Low Grav Racer is good also.

Cendelence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:54 pm 

Pass_The_Peace_Pipe wrote:
But can it play Doom yet? Bit on the expensive side, $7, but there's Wolfenstein 3D too for $2. Low Grav Racer is good also.

Yes, if you jailbreak it you can play Doom.

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:30 pm 

"Siberian Strike" - a great Shmup in the vein of Capcom's old 1942 games. RETRO RULES!

DeathcoreDecimator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:42 pm 

Can we use this as a double thread? I was actually just going to post a thread for the Android Market to try and find some great apps as I just got a Samsung Moment the other day. My favorite apps so far are Hackey Sack and Aldiko, which is an awesome program for e-books, free e-books at that.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.