Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:06 am 

I've been pondering the idea of starting a thread for cars for some time given my latent interest for these useful objects so present in (most) people's lives.

So, this thread should be for discussion on everything car-related. What car do you have? What car would you like to have? What car did you once have? What car did you wreck? Why do you like or hate cars?

As for myself, I currently drive an oddly-green-colored 2004 Mazda3 2.0 (automatic transmission... :ugh: I didn't get to decide) which used to belong to my step-dad and I plan on buying a fine piece of German engineering soon, most likely an older Mercedes-Benz.

Misainzig
Epicurean Gynaecologist

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:09 am 

My first car was a 1991 Chevy Lumina. It got given away. My second car was a 1997 GMC Jimmy. I totaled it last December. Now I don't have a car, but I'm thinking about buying my sister's 1999 Buick Regal GS. It's supercharged, and pretty fun to drive.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:27 am 

2007 Honda CRV. Not really mine per se, more the "family's third car", and I drive it most of the time. I might be taking it to college with me next year, however.

Interesting story about it: Last summer I had gone to this organic farm near our house to buy some food, including two glass gallons of raw milk, which I put on the floor below the back seat. As I was driving home I rounded a curve pretty quickly and the two glasses knocked into each other, shattering and spilling the contents of one of them all over the back. I cleaned it out as best I could when I got home, but it smelt like death for the longest time.

So I go to college, and when I come back in December (over six months after the spill) it STILL smells that way, and my car had gotten detailed, aired out, filled with backing soda, etc over that time...WTF. Does sour milk really stay around that long?

(after said detail, the smell became sweet, extremely powerful wax residue and sour milk, during high summer. Blech.)

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:33 am 

2007 Toyota Camry - black

Yes, a total hindu family car, but since I took it over when I returned from training, it does nothing but blast Death's Symbolic and the like when I go to Seattle, my unit, and the university. It's a reliable car and hasn't given me much problems. Also, all my friends tell me to get a manual car, but I'm not a big car fan and I think automatics are just fine.

At my unit, I drive the commander's vehicle around. It's pretty much mine since I do all the inspections, paperwork, and I'm the only one who knows how to work the devices installed. Yeah it's a shitty armored humvee but it can take more rounds then your guys' cars.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:37 am 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
it smelt like death for the longest time.

That really sucks about the smell. It must be embarassing when you have friends in the car. Still, I agree that it's odd for the smell to last as long as it does. I can imagine it's not easy to remove but after seeing all that was done to the car I'm baffled. :ugh:

I had a slight spill problem with mine as well but fortunately it was in the trunk. Earlier this last winter I had to change the car's battery as the old one was about four years old and died on me, fortunately when my car was in the driveway. So I put the old one in the trunk temporarily as I planned on taking it to be disposed of. Unfortunately before I could get there (I didn't exacty have it as a priority) it spent some time in the trunk and ended up tipping over and acid spread all over the vinyl/plastic covers placed over the spare wheel. It wasn't apparent though, since the battery showed no signs of a spill and neither did the vinyl cover. I started noticing trouble in paradise when cardboard boxes and textile became one with the Force, so I removed the vinyl and some of the tools used to change the tire were corroded by acid. Oddly enough I got acid on my hands and it didn't even cause an irritation, which is more than I can say for my mom when she got acid on her hands.

Fanfarigoule
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:03 am 

I don't like recent cars (say from 2000 on). They always got heavier and heavier, car manufacters implemented more and more useless stuff on it. A normal driver can't do anything anymore because they are full of electronics and it will cost him a lot for some trivial maintenance just because it can only be made by the car maker itself, which then don't hesitate to charge the customer as much as they can.
And the improvements that were made on engines for fuel consumption are completely overshadowed by the gain in weight of the vehicles.
I don't have a car myself but regularly use my father's 1985 Peugeot 305 estate. It has 650.000 km (400,000 miles) and runs like a top. If need be, I'll certainly drive a 2CV.

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
As for myself, I currently drive an oddly-green-colored 2004 Mazda3 2.0 (automatic transmission... :ugh: I didn't get to decide) which used to belong to my step-dad and I plan on buying a fine piece of German engineering soon, most likely an older Mercedes-Benz.

Good choice. Those diesel Mercedes from the 70's and beginning of the 80's are the absolute killer.

TyranTReX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:08 am 

1987 Mercury Tracer Hatchback. The Merc. Standard. It rips shit, gas mileage can't be beat, and can stand with the best of them in the harshest winter conditions. It's not much on the eyes, needs a lot of work, but The Merc kicks ass.

Avaddons_blood
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:46 am 

2000 Chevy Silverado, 157k miles and haven't had to take it to mechanic yet. I guess I wouldn't mind having a late 60's stingray, always loved them.

mirons
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:35 am 

I have a dark blue (navy) 1999 Volvo C70 2.0T with automatic transmission. I love the looks of it, it is very comfortable and reasonably powerful. The original sound sistem is cool as well. I also think that automatics are just fine; nothing wrong with it except a slightly higher fuel consumption.

neonchipmunk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:05 am 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Does sour milk really stay around that long?

(after said detail, the smell became sweet, extremely powerful wax residue and sour milk, during high summer. Blech.)

Once you get an odour like that in the interior of a car it can last for the rest of the life of the car, gradually weakening over time.

My first car was a 74 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus. 2 door of course with a 318. It had a bad transmission when I purchased it. Me and my friend replaced it with one out of a 79 station wagon. The problem was that my speedometer was in mph and the wagon was in kph. We didn't take that into consideration so that from that point on my speed was mostly a guess. In an older car like that though it can be hard to judge because you just float down the road.

A few years back I had a 92 Buick Skylark GS Touring Ed. Not much off the line because it was geared more for highway driving. It had a lot of its throttle response between about 60 and 140 kph. It was a very comfortable car to drive with nice seats and a nice interior. The suspension was also a good compromise between comfort and a feel for the road.

Others I've owned are a Chevette, Plymouth K-car station wagon, Ford Tempo, and a Kia Spectra.

Musick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:15 am 

What car do you have?

'06 Scion. Had to move away from the classics for reliability reasons, not to mention soaring gas prices.

What car would you like to have?

My 2nd car, a black on black '69 Camaro SS 396 ( w/ the 427)

What cars did you once have?

My 1st was a '65 Dodge Dart (slant 6) then the above mentioned Camaro, '57 Chevy Pickup (350) and a 1979 Camaro (pales in comparison to the '69)

What car did you wreck?

I didnt wreck it myself, but I was T-boned in my SS, after restoring it for over a year. That was my favorite car of all time.

Why do you like or hate cars?

Love cars because I love to drive fast, love the styling (I have even begun to embrace modern styling, although early American muscle still reigs supreme) and I even love working on them. Thats one of the biggest things I miss out on with owning a new car - there is nothing to do to them.

I have had successful trades/sales with:
vegnsanity, DMR, TooHuman, turboeye, minionofkyuss and teuti

unsane69
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:38 am 

A '96 Citroën Xantia station wagon.
It has a shitload of little ailments, speedometer only works parttime, it leaks hydraulic fluid, eats oil like there's no tomorrow, blows the fuses when I blast High on Fire to loud, and so on. By no means a fast car, but a nice ride that gets me from a->b.
I really don't care much for cars except as a means for transportation; although I can appreciate classic cars. Incidentally, since I have lived in the city all my life I've never needed a car before I moved to the countryside. Which is why I've only had a license for a few years, and this is actually my first car. When I lived in the city I was a carhater.

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:11 pm 

Fanfarigoule wrote:

MaDTransilvanian wrote:

Good choice. Those diesel Mercedes from the 70's and beginning of the 80's are the absolute killer.

Although I like all Mercedes, especially S-classes, all the way back to the 1950's, I think I'll be going for something a little newer, probably in the 1996-1999 period. The S-class from this period is arguably the best ever made, the only thing I'd have liked to see improved on it would be the unavailability of a manual transmission except on the really cheap and otherwise worthless bare-bone baseline version. Also, this period features the entry of electronics in a very prominent way in the car, although not quite as much as in later versions.

Vansoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:45 pm 

Subaru Forester XT...automatic, didn't choose either. Runs well though and has a fair amount of power, has a very short top gear so it runs well on the highway also. Bad handling and steering, but the brakes are very good, and the low limits are fun at times because they're easy to explore and it breaks grip progressively.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:46 pm 

My previous car was a 1997 Plymouth Neon. Absolute piece of shit. Good riddance. It died on me, so I've been driving around in the girlfriend's '96 Mercury Sable. Not a bad car.

However, I just recently bought an '88 Nissan 300zx. The two seater, non-turbo (although I plan on upgrading to a twin turbo somewhere down the road), white with red interior. Only 90k miles on it, in immaculate condition, but hadn't been driven in four years. Only cost me $900, too!

I'm in the long, slow process of getting it road-ready. Had to replace the battery, the terminals, and wiring. All of the fluids have been flushed and replaced. I'm gonna change out the spark plugs this weekend, and the wiring. Luckily the tires were in great shape. Then, I'm gonna need to check all of the brakes and bleed them all. Also I'll need to check for leaks (especially on the t-tops) and reseal the windows if necessary. The master cylinder for the clutch needs to be replaced, but a new master cylinder was in a box on the passenger seat and came with the car. All told, I'm probably only going to spend $200-$300 on parts, tops. It was really a steal; I almost felt bad buying it for that cheap.

I don't really like the white, so in a while I might paint it. I'm thinking dark blue would be nice, especially with the dark red interior.

I might also upgrade the sound system to something with an auxiliary input so I can blast stuff from my mp3 player.

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:24 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
My previous car was a 1997 Plymouth Neon. Absolute piece of shit. Good riddance. It died on me

I heard some horrible stuff about first-generation Neons. My father had a 2000 Chrysler Neon (second generation) and it worked very well though. Not only that but it had a relatively distinctive look, unlike its lackluster precedessor. Sure the plastics are cheap and the interior is rather sad-looking but the car was an overall good vehicle for what it was. All things considered, it was pretty spacious too.

In other news, it kind of sucks to see that Pontiac will cease to exist. After Plymouth and Oldsmobile another classic American automaker will die. Hopefully this crisis will abate and some of them will be resurrected. I especially liked Oldsmobiles, probably one of GM's best brands along with Buick. I'd probably even buy a GM car if I wasn't such a Mercedes-Benz fanboy.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:56 pm 

I wouldn't know about the newer Neons as I've never driven one, but mine was absolute trash. If people complained about the original ones as much as I did, I wouldn't be surprised if they made some drastic changes to the car.

Pontiac is just a brand name. All of their cars are pretty similar to their sister cars made by other companies. So, when Pontiac dies and you can't get a Solstice anymore, you'll still be able to get a Saturn Sky, which is pretty much the same car. It's sad to see the brand name go, true, but any real significance it carried with it died with the GM buyout in the 80's anyway.

I certainly wouldn't buy a GM-built car (brand new) today. No way I'd risk losing the warranty if the company goes under. But then again, buying new cars is pretty dumb anyway.

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:46 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
But then again, buying new cars is pretty dumb anyway.

You're right. Unless you're truly rich, buying a new car is incredibly stupid. For example, for the cost of a baseline new Toyota Camry, you can get any of these fine cars:

-Early 2000's Mercedes-Benz CL500 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 55-AMG.jpg

-Early 2000's BMW M5 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... M5_E39.jpg

-Early 2000's Mercedes-Benz S-Class http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 1_sst2.jpg

These are just three examples off the top of my head which bury the Camry in absolutely all respects and cost as much, if not less.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:41 pm 

1988 Chevy Caprice Classic. All stock minus wheel covers (wheel covers replaced with mid 70's chevy nova moon caps)

305 V8.
700R4 auto tranny.
Rochester Quadrajet 4BBL

I'd like to replace the intake/carb and put on high flow headers eventually. Most performance enthusiasts don't like the 305 due to the restrictive bore size, but I'm not aiming for 600 horsepower out of the 305. Being my daily driver, I'd like to just get a slight boost out of the 305 until it dies...which hopefully won't be for a while.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 am 

I drive a Jeep Commander. I've been in a couple accidents, one of which wasn't my fault and the car that hit me was much nicer than mine. Luckily no one was hurt, but the hood of her car was smashed and the rear left tail-light of mine was knocked clean off.

I love driving my dad's Mercedes around, it has perfect power-stearing. I once hit a 90* turn at about 110 with no effort at all. My dad was in the car too, and he had no idea how fast we were going :lol:

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:41 am 

iAm wrote:
I love driving my dad's Mercedes around, it has perfect power-stearing. I once hit a 90* turn at about 110 with no effort at all. My dad was in the car too, and he had no idea how fast we were going :lol:

What model Mercedes-Benz is it?

I sometimes drive my stepdad's 2006 C240 4MATIC. It's really cool to drive, much more comfortable, powerful and responsive than my Mazda, not to mention cool-looking both in and out. The ride is really smooth too, but fortunately not in a flaccid way. Oddly enough, it seems that he actually got the idea to buy a Mercedes because of how much I like the brand. Before knowing that he had his mind set on a Lexus or other cars but he soon saw the light. Now that he knows I want an S-class he suddenly started to think that his C-class is too small and wants an S-class too. :grumble:

ngwoo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:46 am 

1988 Jeep Cherokee.

Gets twenty feet to the gallon.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:58 pm 

^I'm sure that jeep gets no worse gas mileage than my caprice. I get about 15-17 combined. With the amount that I drive, it lasts me almost 2 weeks at about 350 miles per gas tank (with usually about 2-3 gallons left out of 25 total)

potassium_cianide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:18 pm 

I drive a 2004 Peugeot 206. Given the poverty of Brazilian cars, my car is pretty much top-notch in terms of equipment. And it's incredibly BEAUTIFUL!!! Before that, I used to drive a 1996 Escort (a very very poor version of it though, with a 1,0 litre engine). I liked that car, as it was the first one I actually maintained (paying insurance, fuel, tyres, and so on) - I had before the Escort a very old car: a 1986 Ford Del Rey SW (it's not the actual name, this car wasn't made outside Brazil, but it was a very nice car in its time), but my parents gave me the money for fuel and stuff, I just used to drive it.

So, it makes:

2003-2004: Ford Del Rey SW (actual name for those interested: Ford Belina)
2006-2008: Ford Escort Hobby
2008-?: Peugeot 206

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:28 pm 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Smoking_Gnu wrote:
it smelt like death for the longest time.

That really sucks about the smell. It must be embarassing when you have friends in the car. Still, I agree that it's odd for the smell to last as long as it does. I can imagine it's not easy to remove but after seeing all that was done to the car I'm baffled. :ugh:

I had a slight spill problem with mine as well but fortunately it was in the trunk. Earlier this last winter I had to change the car's battery as the old one was about four years old and died on me, fortunately when my car was in the driveway. So I put the old one in the trunk temporarily as I planned on taking it to be disposed of. Unfortunately before I could get there (I didn't exacty have it as a priority) it spent some time in the trunk and ended up tipping over and acid spread all over the vinyl/plastic covers placed over the spare wheel. It wasn't apparent though, since the battery showed no signs of a spill and neither did the vinyl cover. I started noticing trouble in paradise when cardboard boxes and textile became one with the Force, so I removed the vinyl and some of the tools used to change the tire were corroded by acid. Oddly enough I got acid on my hands and it didn't even cause an irritation, which is more than I can say for my mom when she got acid on her hands.

Haha, it wasn't actually embarrassing, more humorous given how ridiculous the circumstances were. Besides, the friend who got the brunt of it used to skin/tan animal hides for a living, so he was used to it. :lol:

Wait, did I write "smelt"? Damn finals draining my thinking capacity...

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:57 am 

Rampant_Fuck wrote:
^I'm sure that jeep gets no worse gas mileage than my caprice. I get about 15-17 combined. With the amount that I drive, it lasts me almost 2 weeks at about 350 miles per gas tank (with usually about 2-3 gallons left out of 25 total)

Jeeps can't be that bad. At least, certainly not as bad as the car I just found and will very hopefully get because it's more metal than any other car ever made...a 1992 Brabus S 6.9. To those of you who haven't got the slightest clue what that is, it's a 1992 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL (factory 408hp V12) upped to 510hp and with lots of cool accessories as only German top-notch tuner companies know how to make them.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3067/290 ... 20.jpg?v=0

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:14 am 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
iAm wrote:

What model Mercedes-Benz is it?

Um, I'm really not shure. I'll look at it tomorrow and edit my post.

Solution7
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:42 am 

I own a Black(Because if it isn't black it isn't metal haha =P) Ford Fusion 2008 model, The trunk and added hatchback on the backseats make storage for all my gear even more then needed, but yet it's still a car and not a truck or jeep

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:33 am 

My current car is a 2000 Mitsubishi TJ Magna (which I have appropriately named Maggie). 3.5 litre V6 engine. I love her to bits because she has personality. A reliable family car since we got it new in November 2000 and only with 102,000kms (63,000). Covered in dings from minor incidents from third parties, myself and my dad, brakes aren't the best, 5-6 seconds of turning the key to start, various little things not working. A hand-me-down from Dad, who catches the bus to work because we have a stop outside our front door. Petrol tank is 65 litres, which I believe is around 17.2 gallons.

But the fuel consumption is tiny compared to my parents car, a VY Commodore wagon (we got Maggie to and from Mt. Gambier, SA on 7/8 of a tank of fuel), light as a feather to drive by comparison... automatic transmission isn't great but it's hard to find manual family cars, goes like a rocket.

Before the third date with my girlfriend, my friend and I were topping up the oil but he spilled it all over the engine and the car reeked of burning oil for a few hours. When taking my girlfriend home, I let her in the passenger seat, then went out to sniff the front of the bonnet to smell if she still stunk of burning oil... my girlfriend accused me of kissing the car :D

As for my dream car, I'd of course like to own a Bugatti Veyron. But, knowing this will never happen, I hope to own a new Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution of whatever the current model is by the time I can afford it (at the moment I can't afford an X :()

Never wrecked or sold a car, but I intend to drive the Magna till one of us dies (or I can buy that Evo I desire).

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:36 pm 

immortalshadow666 wrote:
But the fuel consumption is tiny compared to my parents car, a VY Commodore wagon (we got Maggie to and from Mt. Gambier, SA on 7/8 of a tank of fuel), light as a feather to drive by comparison... automatic transmission isn't great but it's hard to find manual family cars, goes like a rocket.

Sounds like a solid little car. Automatic transmissions aren't too bad, I'll be stuck with one for a long time given what car I'm looking for but I'd still like to drive a manual. I've always wondered what cars are popular and common in Australia/NZ. I've read that Toyota is huge there (where aren't they...) and that Holden is the local GM universal parts bin brand but other than that the industry there eludes me.

Otherwise, the Brabus I had planned to buy was sold off quickly to someone else :cry:
I guess I'll go with a standard Mercedes S500 or S600, maybe a newer (around 2000) CL500, I haven't really decided yet.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:47 pm 

I got my great grandmother's 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix after she died... nary a month away from my 16th birthday. It lasted nearly a year before the engine seized. I kept up on the maintenance well enough and I was careful about my oil changes, but when I pulled the oil dipstick out after it had stalled on me a few times whilst driving, it was caked with a good amount of sludge. I barely got the thing home before it was declared DOA.

I'm now driving a 1998 model of the same car (my mother's side of the family used to be Pontiac loyalists, and I keep inheriting their cars). I'm looking to trade it in soon though, as the electrical problems are getting to be too cumbersome. I kind of screwed my trade in value after I kicked in the front fender in a foggy rage. I apparently turn into the Incredible Hulk sometimes, because it looked like another car had backed into me, when in actuality it was just my foot.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:00 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
I'm now driving a 1998 model of the same car (my mother's side of the family used to be Pontiac loyalists, and I keep inheriting their cars).

GM managed to make sure that this tradition will inevitably be stopped. Pontiacs are cool enough but to be a fervent Pontiac loyalist seems a little odd to me.

FuneralFog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:50 pm 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
What car did you once have?

1987 Renault 11

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
What car do you have?

1998 Peugeot 106

ImageImage

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
What car did you wreck?

2008 Kia Rio (Wasn't mine of course :) )

Last edited by FuneralFog on Tue May 26, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:23 pm 

Haha Kias fail in all aspects of life. Well, come to think of it, so do Daewoos and Korean cars in general.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:21 am 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
Haha Kias fail in all aspects of life. Well, come to think of it, so do Daewoos and Korean cars in general.

Hyundais aren't that bad. Actually Kias aren't horrible, either, especially for the price. But yeah, Daewoos are terrible cars.

MaDTransilvanian

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
MaDTransilvanian wrote:

Hyundais aren't that bad. Actually Kias aren't horrible, either, especially for the price. But yeah, Daewoos are terrible cars.

Possibly for Hyundais, but I have this untold hatred for all that is Accent. That car is a complete automotive failure. I once drove one (driving school) and it was pitiful. At least Toyota and the Japanese in general know how to make their meaningless little cars relatively well. I do find the huge South Korea-only Hyundai limos (Equus) to be cool if only because they're rather unheard of anyplace else in the world, kind of like the Toyota Century in Japan.

TheYardstick
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:41 pm 

I drive a 2009 Scion xB, has a surprisingly good stock stereo system.

I absolutely hated the things until I actually sat inside of one. The xB's are a lot more spacious inside than they look. Plus, I absolutely love the range of visibility that the windshield gives me.

My Last.fm

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:33 am 

what car did i once have? a Mitsubishi Evolution I - 1992, with evo III body kit, gloss blue all over - upgraded turbo/intercooler and clutch - a fucking quick little number that was an absolute pleasure to drive

also a fucking weird car for me to own - if youve ever met me in person - im not your typical car enthusiast looking guy.

a highlight of car ownership is - gettin' to put on WHAT EVER THE FUCK music you want - whenever you want. none of the gay commercial rap some of your less intellligent friends or aquaintances might force you to listen to, while in their cars.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:44 am 

First car was a 1993 Chrysler Newyorker, nothing worked on it. :lol:, our old home had a curved driveway, one day my mom's friend was over with her brand new car and I had a hard time getting in the driveway, I ended up scraping almost the entire passenger side by rubbing up against our basketball goal. Nobody ever cared, haha.

Current car is a 1996 Acura TL. It's nice, but ever since I've had it somehow it's been terrible with gas mileage. I can only get about 200 a tank and most people say that's pretty ridiculous, but it's true. It feels like I have to fill up almost once a week.

I've done so much over the years to try and fix this. Spark plugs, fuel filter, emissions, etc, none of it really did anything.

It's been pretty fucked up lately. I swear I hit a cylinder block or something equally as strong a few months ago, ran it over, totalling my radiator. So I had to get that replaced. Ever since my AC hasn't worked. Some of the tires are bad (I'm hoping I can just get them patched), the brakes are grinding, and the whole front just feels like it's going to fall off. I think the bearings might be bad or something. So yeah, this is a project for the summer.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:48 am 

dude, Xeogred - you should just sell it and get a new one. that could be a serios problem like a cracked gasket or sometihng. expensive and crucial. fuel leakage is not a good sign - on the plus side -it's not something a test driver will likely pick up on. sell it.

nice touch on the New Yorker - what is this, trailer park boys?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next