Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:03 pm 

Wednesdays is buy 2 get one free in the used section, and man what a vinyl selection they have. One of the best music stores I've ever been to.

ChurningtheMaelstrom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:23 pm 

I was just there no more than 2 hours ago. Oftentimes I go there and just do blind purchases, today I bought Mayhem - Wolf's Lair Abyss (not bad), Funeral Mist - Maranatha (kind of disappointed) and Woods of Ypres - Pursuit of the Sun & Allure of the Earth (liked a couple tracks, a little different than what I've lately been listening to). I wish I lived closer to Woodbridge cuz I would LOVE to work there as a second job.

Gutterscream
The Last Old Schooler in Town

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:23 pm 

It's a great store. Even when I had my own store I'd go online and check their cd prices. I considered them more of a threat to me than the store in the next town, and VV is around a half hour away.

What I like is that they don't hide the metal section or stick it in the back. As soon as you walk in you have yer metal and hardcore.
"No, Lair...but that's a pretty damn good name too!".

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:33 am 

I mostly hit up the used section. I have to go A to Z, I just know I will miss something if I don't. Hopefully I make it there tomorrow. I agree the metal section is right there as soon as you walk in. Very impressive metal selection. I also find it very interesting whenever I go there, there is always some older gentleman looking through all the vinyl. Just find it funny since everyone there is in black, pierced up etc. and here is this older guy, gray hair glasses, button down shirt flipping through the vinyl. I am a frequenter of that place, and every time I see some older guy checking out the used vinyl.

jaredsin666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:09 pm 

i'm in south jersey so i've only been once, but damn that place ruled

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:08 pm 

This place is seriously awesome.

I used to live literally less than 10 minutes away and when I lived in that part of New Jersey, I was there at least twice a week. Metal, used CD's, new and used vinyl-I could easily spend hours at Vintage Vinyl.

Now that I live like 90 minutes north, I've resorted to mailordering from their website. And for anyone who lives in south Jersey, north Jersey, or any other state will be well advised to check this site out-$6 flat shipping rate in the continental US, accurate inventory, extremely fast shipping, good prices. Don't miss out on Vintage Vinyl just because you can't physically get there. And if you are passing though central New Jersey, don't make the mistake of not going there.
Obliteration

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:01 pm 

Went there a few days ago. They have an insane amount of BM in the used section. I have not heard of half the shit, I'm not a fan really of BM, so it was kind of a disappointment when I only found one used CD of interest. That is after going through everything, even all the fucking bins by the front counter. Luckily I had a gift card, and was able to clean up on some new shit. My only real complaint is the music they play. It was fucking torture the last time I went. Some emo shit, some kid crying about spilling his soda. 2 hours of that shit, and I was ready to fuckin shoot myself.

ChurningtheMaelstrom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:10 pm 

Haha yeah I was just there today for about an hour, and they had fuckin B.B. King or some shit playing...I don't understand, cuz most of the dudes working there are at least into some form of metal, yet I hardly ever hear anything remotely metal...mostly pop-punk bullshit or emo faggotry. I have seen an older, regular looking guy working there, along with a woman who I presume is his wife, perhaps they're the owners and control what gets played?

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:39 am 

i have been going there for roughly 5 years. Best place to get music in New Jersey. I usually never go through their used stuff since I go in planning to buy certain new stuff and am usually in a hurry. I would spend hours in there if I can.

I wish they still stocked cassette releases though.

hij
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:12 am 

Am a regular there myself. I mostly go for the used cd's, but do have some picture LP's from there. With all the construction it has become a pain for me with the direction I come from, but well worth it.

BBR
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:07 pm 

I went there and I didn't see a used metal vinyl section. Am I missing something?

Gutterscream
The Last Old Schooler in Town

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:22 pm 

They don't have a specific used metal vinyl section; it's mixed in with all the other stuff, which, of course, you realize is a pain in the ass as you flip through copies upon copies of John Cougar's American Fool and Culture Club lps.
"No, Lair...but that's a pretty damn good name too!".

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:04 pm 

I live probably about 15 minutes away from there so I go there relatively often. The used section always has something worth getting. I recently saw Demented Ted - Promises Impure and the first Pyogenesis album. Also I saw pitchshifter's desensitized there. But yeah if you're looking for anything new, vintage vinyl has it. I was going to pick up the re-release of Winter - Into Darkness/Eternal Frost

And yeah it's a shame that they stopped carrying cassettes.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.