Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Psychotic_Punk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:30 am 

First of all hello to everyone!

I'm a constant visitor of the site (actually i had an account 2 years back - also done a review for Reverend Bizarre, but have forgotten my password and email...) and this is the first time i write on your forums.

With all due respect, please allow me to create this thread, even if it seems kind of an advertisement.

Remember Carmageddon?

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq14 ... eddon1.jpg

Yes, the bloody all guts out racing game delivered to us by the developers of Stainless at 1997.
Well, there's a kickstarter going on for 14 days now and they need fans and people interested in games that are actually fun and original to pledge so they can make the game!

Here's a little backround :
The original idea came to the 2 founders of Stainless at 1994 (even before Twisted Metal or Destruction Derby were made) and they made a demo which earned them a contract with Publisher SCI. 3 years later the first game hit stores praised by Gaming Press and Community, but the vast majority of mainstream media condemned the game for being too violent (well you had to run over people, earning more points if you ran over the elderly) and mayhemic. It was banned in several countries, but that didn't stop them. It was the first game to have dynamic damage system,3D physics and a few other innovations. Enter 1998 and the new Carmageddon was here. This game was a dismemberfest! Each part of the car could be shaped depending on the damage it got and to me this game has the best physics on a racing game EVER. Enough with those technical stuff though. It was a great game and my favorite racing game. Hell, even Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden fame was a fan of the first game and gave the rights for 4 Iron Maiden songs for Carmageddon II.

Anyway, Stainless parted ways with SCI, and the latter gave the 3rd game to Torus Games to develop it.I like that one , but the vast majority of fans hate it for some reason. And at some point the series were in a state between development hell and non-existence. But at June 2011 Stainless rebought the rights for the title and is rebooting the series. They've spent some money to make some steps for the first steps of development and in the meantime they tried to find some publishing contract. Nothing flourished and so they chose to go the crown-funding way.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sta ... ncarnation

With a minimum of 15$ you get to buy the game when it's made. February 2013 that is (they originally planned to have the game made by December 2012, but guess they're late a couple of months).

If you're interested to find what this game is all about here is a gameplay video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIRcz8X_HZo

Personally, everything i am right now, i owe to this game. Cause Carmageddon 2 got me into Iron Maiden and heavy music for that matter. I've become a huge music fan from then on (especially Metal,Rock and Punk, but i also love game/movie soundtracks like King's Quest Mask Of Eternity, Diablo I, Fallout etc.).

Thanks for reading!

Reply to topic