Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Crescent_Moon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:55 am 

This is the question I want to raise - in our countries, Russia and Kazakhstan, metalheads are often targets for drunk casuals or marginals, in nineties longhaired guys might be beaten sometimes to death for their image (or haircutted). Is it often happen in other countries?

PaganiusI
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:26 am 

I'm from Germany and I get caught in "random traffic checks without suspicion" on a regular basis... Several times the policemen made fun of my music and actually told me:"You don't have any drugs?! What kind of metal fan are you?!". The next time they stop me, I'm gonna ask them if they do offer a "get stopped 10 times, win a free hamburger" option or something xD

I however didn't encounter bullying in school or elsewhere besides some suspicious looks here and there.

~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~

Rasha_yad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:47 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
I'm from Germany and I get caught in "random traffic checks without suspicion" on a regular basis... Several times the policemen made fun of my music and actually told me:"You don't have any drugs?! What kind of metal fan are you?!". The next time they stop me, I'm gonna ask them if they do offer a "get stopped 10 times, win a free hamburger" option or something xD

How does that work, exactly? Do you wear spikes and corpsepaint everywhere you go? Do you have a Baphomet figure painted on your car?

Anyway, Germany sounds like a fucking nightmare. Getting stopped because you seem like the kind of person who might do drugs? Is this a common thing in other countries?

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:28 pm 

Rasha_yad wrote:
Anyway, Germany sounds like a fucking nightmare. Getting stopped because you seem like the kind of person who might do drugs? Is this a common thing in other countries?

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I've heard that happens quite a lot in the US...

OceanOfViolence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:06 am 

Napero wrote:
Rasha_yad wrote:

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I've heard that happens quite a lot in the US...

It's very unlikely that you'd get stopped. Most people in the US don't have the nerve to actually do anything. Worst case scenario they'd just give you dirty looks.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:22 am 

Napero wrote:
Rasha_yad wrote:

It's more coincidence of who you are, I think. I was never bullied for my music tastes, but more my attitude, personality, how I was generally different, etc., that went along with who I was in general, and I just happened to enjoy The Metal. I was also not severely bullied for it, my bullshit was mostly of the verbal variety.

Reply to topic