Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:51 pm 

Quote:
Coconut: You playing on PS4? I would love to mess around, maybe run some friendly 2v2s. Always fun to hook up my mic. PSN: Muhaffa. I'm psyched that you dig it! I never played Smash Bros back in the day but I think I understand the addiction now.

Any legends grab you as a possible "main"? I couldn't handle not having them all so I bought the founders pack. Gnash seems to be my boy, but Hattori is also ridiculously fun. I'm a spear-player for sure. Oh and Yumiko is hella fun if you want to play defensive/passive. I single-handedly won a 2v1 earlier when my teammate disconnected by literally kiting both of them with her Dsig into Nsig bow combo.

Oh and if you have the kinda job that allows it: there's some really entertaining Brawlhalla YT channels. Shwerpy and MicroPlanet are both children who make me laugh whole being "good"

The fast-paced nature allows a lot of room for hilarious shit-talk and also for it to backfire immediately in true karmic retribution. I love tossing down a landmine and then immediately getting smacked into it. God damn.

I played the SHIT out of Smash Brothers for N64. As much as it fucking KILLS me to admit it, my little brother was better than me and we got into real heated battles that I usually lost. I'm pretty sure my name on there is BobbieBaboon, but I'll make sure to add you when I get home.

As far as my "main" I think right now I'm best with Nix. I read you can buy characters with in game gold you earn from fights, so I'm gonna go that route as much as possible. However, I did run into some asshole while playing 1v1 who was using Xull and the fight seemed completely unfair. Maybe, he was that much better than me, but the character seemed a lot more powerful than mine.

Did the PS4 come with a mic? I don't think I have one. Or maybe I do buried somewhere.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:01 pm 

Nah I went out and bought a cheap gaming headset years ago for rocket league.

I dig Nix a lot aesthetically but man I'm tragic with guns AND scythe! It's all sig spam if I'm using her or Ada. I respect buying them with the in-game currency. I have zero patience for it lol. Plus now I can spend that gold on their white/black outfits when I hit level 10/25.

Xull has like 10 strength he literally hits like a freight train. I suck with the super strong legends for some reason. Gnash is about the beefiest I can play.

They're gonna end up taking all my money once I have some again. I want so many of the skins.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:12 pm 

Holy shit, I'm already at the final boss of Salt & Sanctuary (assuming The Nameless God is the Final Boss). I guess I'm not that surprised since I've been playing it fiendishly since I got it, but now I wish I took my time more. I just don't want this to end! What an incredible game, pretty much no complaints at all except for a few minor ones. I get that they went for a minimal soundtrack on purpose, but I dunno, it might have been cool if each area had its own theme, or if each boss had its own theme. I also liked some areas more than others. I got really lost for a while in the Ziggurat of Dust/Ruined Temple, just didn't know where to go, and it was frustrating as hell. My fault I guess, but eh, fuck those places.

But yeah anyway, fucking amazing game. Blew my expectations away and I've been looking forward to playing this game for a while. Gonna step back and make sure I've gone to every optional area before fighting the final boss, but I imagine I'll beat the game tonight. Stoked! Any rumours on a sequel? There simply needs to be more of this.

And in other news...

Did all you Doomsters see the gameplay footage of Doom Eternal? Looks amaaaaaaaazing! Ahhh I can't wait for this! Looks like an absolute dream come true. Give us a release date, drop it before the end of the year. Need, need, need.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:47 am 

Razakel wrote:

Did all you Doomsters see the gameplay footage of Doom Eternal? Looks amaaaaaaaazing! Ahhh I can't wait for this! Looks like an absolute dream come true. Give us a release date, drop it before the end of the year. Need, need, need.

Doom Eternal looks fucking insane. I can't wait for it to drop.

Also, I want a Doom 64 HD remake to go along with it. That game has been neglected for long enough already.

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:14 pm 

Razakel wrote:

Yeah I'm hyped for this shit it's gonna be D44M++

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:42 am 

I finally got my XRGB Framemeister. For those unaware, this is for old-school gamers and collectors, as the Framemeister is a digital upscaler, that gives your old consoles (for the most part), pixel-accurate sharpness on HDTVs. Old games rendered in 240p, and modern HDTVs cannot handle these old analog signals well, but with the right cords, the Framemeister can translate that signal more cleanly. Instead of a blurry, awkward mess, you can get pixel-accurate crispness. This comes at a cost, though. The Framemeister itself isn't cheap (and they're on the verge of being discontinued due to the chips for them no longer being manufactured).

Older consoles need to be RGB-ready, and not all of them are. Surprisingly, many of the 8, 16, and 32-bit generations are actually RGB ready, but you need either European SCART or Japanese JP21 adapters to get the signal. I spent all of my last Saturday with cords strewn all over my living room as I tested various settings, options, and consoles. Sadly, the SCART cables I bought are not compatible with the JP21 input on the Framemeister, so I need a different adapter cable, and then I should be able to fully test the SNES and Genesis.

It was a process, there was a lot of stuff to learn. The manual is written entirely in Japanese, and even the Framemeister remote is labeled in Japanese. I didn't initially realize there was a difference between SCART and JP21 cables, and it can't do pass-through of 4K signals from the PS4 Pro. Comparison shots of my Dreamcast running on its (new) HDMI cable on the TV or through the Framemeister showed it runs a tad better on the TV regular, but also, the Dreamcast HDMI adapter needs a 60hz port, and 4/5 of the HDMI ports on my TV are 30hz. Lame.

I also discovered that, yes, there actually is a difference in HDMI cables and I was using the wrong kind (not high speed) of cable for the PS4 Pro. Stupidly, I didn't use the one it came with, I just repurposed one that was already on the TV when I got the system. Humorously, it was the Nintendo-branded HDMI cable that came with the Wii U.

It was a lot of shit to learn. I'm waiting for a custom cable site to update so I can order that SCART-to-RGB cable to replace my JP21-to-RGB cable on the Framemeister. After that, I should be able to dive into SNES and Genesis in crystal clarity on my HDTV. Next step will be the HDMI adapter for the GameCube.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:03 am 

Jonpo - Did you get Death's Gambit?

My interest has waned a little in Brawlhalla.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:11 am 

I wish! I'm broke as a joke. Think I've got a new job lined up, just waiting to hear back. It looks so doooope.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:07 am 

Anyone been following the ex-IGN editor/plagiarist story? It's hilarious and never ends, lol

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:32 am 

That whole thing just pisses me off. Keep the plagiarism in high school. Plagiarizing someone else's work as your full-time job? Fuck off and throw yourself in a grave.

Now that MH:W's been out for a while, what are your guys thoughts on it right now? It surely seems to be a great game, but I can't justify buying it for $60 when it doesn't have G-Rank yet.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:38 am 

There's plenty of content even without G-rank.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:46 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
That whole thing just pisses me off. Keep the plagiarism in high school. Plagiarizing someone else's work as your full-time job? Fuck off and throw yourself in a grave.

Now that MH:W's been out for a while, what are your guys thoughts on it right now? It surely seems to be a great game, but I can't justify buying it for $60 when it doesn't have G-Rank yet.

I regret spending $60 on it.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:03 pm 

Man I forgot how good Suikoden II was. I recently started replaying it and the memories all came back flooding in. The graphics, the characters...the STORY....JRPG perfection.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:52 am 

New Sekiro gameplay:

It's basically Tenchu Souls. This is not something I knew I wanted, but now I do.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:41 pm 

^ I really like how they've announced there are no multiplayer elements.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:47 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:

Why do you like this? I mean I typically prefer single player games too, but the MP in Souls games was a lot of fun.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:03 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:

Why do you like this? I mean I typically prefer single player games too, but the MP in Souls games was a lot of fun.

I just can't get into a lot of multiplayer gaming and I feel like I miss out on a lot of the game with all the multiplayer stuff that I don't do.

I'm a real curmudgeon with my single player experience video games.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:07 pm 

Took a loooooong time for me to get into it, but I'm really enjoying Vampyr now. People looking for a lengthy, very story-heavy single-player game with surprisingly okay combat should give it a stab. Just be aware it's more of a Telltale game with arcadey combat than any sort of RPG; even calling it an action RPG is a stretch. I'm also impressed DONTNOD managed to cram so much "SJW" in it without setting off the raving hoards of basement dweller pissbabies complaining about Cultural Marxism and Feminazis shitting up their safespace. That's some adeptness if I've ever seen it!
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Freeballin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:48 am 

Just got Mario 3D Land for my 3ds. Enjoying it thoroughly but I still feel like a failure ‘cause I’m not finishing Shin Megami Tensei 4. I’d never be able to get as far as I did in SMT 4 without the damn internet. What’s the point if you gotta look up where to go and how to beat bosses every 5 minutes?

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:33 am 

Been on a massive Bloodborne kick lately, and doing some Chalice Dungeon crawling. Currently in the defiled, cursed (or whatever) bastard shit hole, with half health fighting a giant pain-in-the-dick fire dog who is wrecking my shit. Fun!!

My collection

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:23 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Been on a massive Bloodborne kick lately, and doing some Chalice Dungeon crawling. Currently in the defiled, cursed (or whatever) bastard shit hole, with half health fighting a giant pain-in-the-dick fire dog who is wrecking my shit. Fun!!

:thumbsup: Good luck mate.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:45 pm 

They just announced Streets of Rage 4. My wishes and prayers to the Elder Gods have been granted. Now I gotta pray this one is good and does not fuck up a GREAT trilogy of games. The trailer looks promising though.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:49 pm 

Zdan wrote:
They just announced Streets of Rage 4. My wishes and prayers to the Elder Gods have been granted. Now I gotta pray this one is good and does not fuck up a GREAT trilogy of games. The trailer looks promising though.

It's by those who made the Dragon's Trap remake, which is apparently quite good, so that's good news at least.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:25 pm 

Zdan have you played Mother Russia Bleeds? I beat it with a friend on PS4 and it is a WONDERFUL love letter to the Streets of Rage games. Hyperviolence and gorgeous pixel art.

Morrigan I read about a new Hollow Knight DLC, you on it? I'm honestly trying to figure out if I should save up for a switch just to play it. I haven't had a PC in years and can't imagine getting back into PC games. But god damn HK looks so perfect for me. He pops up every time I'm lustily cruising Specter Knight fanart.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:15 am 

The cyberpuke 2077 demo was actually pretty solid. Still highly skeptical but maybe CD-Pro$$ect won't actually fuck this one up as much as their last game. Fingers crossed!
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:50 am 

Morrigan: At least it will look good. Now I pray the keep the mechanics and feel of the second/third entries in the series and we are all good.

Jonpo: I played Mother Russia Bleeds and liked it a LOT but I did not get a Streets of Rage vibe from that game. I don't know why but the hyperviolence might be too much - in Streets of Rage everything is much more stylized and in tune with 80's movies. Mother Russia Bleeds did not give me that vibe. But overall - a great game.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:34 pm 

A friend of mine just lent me Dark Souls: Remastered. So stoked to play this, I've still only played Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne and adored both of them (Bloodborne instantly became one of my favourite games ever).

I haven't started Remastered yet, but I probably will tomorrow. Any non-spoilery tips for the first few hours? I tend to play melee characters. In Bloodborne I used the hunter's axe for the entire game and in DS3 I used big fuck-off sized greatswords, two-handed. Did the same thing in Salt & Sanctuary too. I never block or parry or use shields because I'm an idiot. I should probably start doing that, but so far rolling and swinging has worked just fine for me. :-P

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:07 pm 

- Stay under 25% equip burden for maximum rolling speed (this game is the harshest of the series for this).
- Don't take the master key on your first playthrough. Just trust me on this.
- You don't have to learn how to parry, but parrying helps immensely against some enemies and... ahem, one particular boss who is pretty damn hard without it (but trivial with it, lol). Plus, it's fun! You can still 2-h a big sword and keep one of those small shields with a passive bonus on your back (grass crest shield) and only use it for emergency parrying. Up to you though.

- Kill the dogs first.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:12 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
- Kill the dogs first.

For all that is holy, kill the dogs first.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:24 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
Don't take the master key on your first playthrough. Just trust me on this.

lol what the hell, the only thing my friend said to me when she lent me the game was "make sure you choose the master key as your gift." Who the hell do I believe?!

And I learned to kill the dogs first in Central Yharnam :wink:

Also, and I know it's probably pointless asking this since there doesn't seem to be any consensus on the subject, but where do you feel DS1 fits in difficulty-wise with other Soulsborne games? Everyone seems to say that whichever you play first is the hardest but that doesn't hold up in my case because I played Bloodborne first and found Dark Souls 3 astronomically harder than Bloodborne. If anyone tells me DS1 is harder than DS3 I think I might cry.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:29 pm 

lemme just re-post this evergreen comment of mine from last year

every Souls fan ever wrote:
I postponed showering, food, defecating, and any semblance of joy for 72 constipated hours twice this week but each time I cannot describe the 2 minutes of joy I got out of it before collapsing in a stroke. I almost went into anaphylactic shock when I tried to have a normal day today, so now I'll do it all over again.

psst I might actually buy the remastered DS1

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:00 am 

Razakel wrote:
Morrigan wrote:
Don't take the master key on your first playthrough. Just trust me on this.

lol what the hell, the only thing my friend said to me when she lent me the game was "make sure you choose the master key as your gift." Who the hell do I believe?!

And I learned to kill the dogs first in Central Yharnam :wink:

Also, and I know it's probably pointless asking this since there doesn't seem to be any consensus on the subject, but where do you feel DS1 fits in difficulty-wise with other Soulsborne games? Everyone seems to say that whichever you play first is the hardest but that doesn't hold up in my case because I played Bloodborne first and found Dark Souls 3 astronomically harder than Bloodborne. If anyone tells me DS1 is harder than DS3 I think I might cry.

DS1 is easier overall but it depends on your build etc. lots of factor.

Your friend is wrong. Period. :P The master key is great for sequence breaking, second characters and/or NG+ but it should not be used on a first playthrough.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:58 am 

darkeningday wrote:
The cyberpuke 2077 demo was actually pretty solid. Still highly skeptical but maybe CD-Pro$$ect won't actually fuck this one up as much as their last game. Fingers crossed!

I think it looks fucking awesome, if nothing else they totally nailed the cyberpunk vibe. The only change I'm iffy about is how Night City is a California-y place rather than Seattle, which makes sense for our 21st century zeitgeist, but palm trees and sunny days just don't have the same atmosphere as rainy and dark. At the same time, they didn't have any footage of actual night in Night City, which (I hope) will look amazingly neon-filled and atmospheric.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:56 pm 

Yeah it's gonna rule and I also thought the video was great. Literally have no idea why anyone has, is, or would complain about this game. Also, darkeningday's infantile "nickname" insults remind me of something Trump would do, so thanks for making my day better in that regard! :lol:

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 pm 

RPG elitists are complaining that it looks too much like Grand Theft Auto. Well, yeah, it's a modern 3D game with an open city, populated with NPCs, and driving mechanics. Of course it's gonna look like Grand Theft Auto. Also see a lot of people bitching about what are essentially shooter mechanics. Some people just won't be satisfied unless shit like car chases and combat sequences can only be resolved by stat checks. At that point, they might as well play the OG pen-and-paper, but I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they didn't have any friends to play those with.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:00 pm 

People that bitch about lack of RPG elements are really dense. It was 48 minutes of alpha gameplay - what do you expect? They had to show something that would be interesting and catchy and not terribly boring. We don't know about the advancement system and what bearing stats have on the combat and possible actions.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:07 pm 

Anyone else gonna get Spider-Man next week?

The hype is beyond ridiculous. It HAS to be the greatest game of all time to live up to any of it.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:16 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
Anyone else gonna get Spider-Man next week?

The hype is beyond ridiculous. It HAS to be the greatest game of all time to live up to any of it.

Probably gonna get it. Looks amazing and if the gameplay is half as fun as all of the trailers and videos then I will be happy with it.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:03 pm 

Yea, I'll be getting it also. I can't resist any super hero game with this kind of hype around it.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:25 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Yeah it's gonna rule and I also thought the video was great. Literally have no idea why anyone has, is, or would complain about this game. Also, darkeningday's infantile "nickname" insults remind me of something Trump would do, so thanks for making my day better in that regard! :lol:

My personal favorite is Seedy Projekt, but I only bust that one out for special occasions. Regardless, I have zero compunction triggering TW3 fanboys; they're the ones who turned my favorite modern game franchise into complete dogshit.

I will say that the Ubisoft influence in CP2077 is more pronounced than ever, it plays a helluva lot like the recent Far Cry games in a number of ways. I also can't say the writing exactly blew me away, which is surprising given that the lead writer is the guy behind the masterful Witcher 2 (still among the best written games of all time).

Hopefully they won't fuck it up.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 852, 853, 854, 855, 856, 857, 858 ... 940  Next