Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:45 pm 

Morrigan stated that a new thread could be made because the last one became buggy. So I thought I'd create one. The last thread could have been scaring away some of the newbies and it was also rather annoying trying to work out which of the last two pages of the thread the latest post was on.

Shutdown's friendly guidelines:
- Tell us why you like a game. Nothing is gained by name dropping without giving a reason.
- This isn't a news or promotional thread so try to give a reason why you are looking forward to a game or why a newly announced feature has got you excited.
- If you've just finished a game, give us your thoughts on the game instead of telling us what's next on your big fat list of games to play.

It would be awesome if Bash can kick start this thread by telling everyone why Thief shits on all other stealth games.

VoidOfEternity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:30 am 

Well, I'll kick off some discussion, at least for a portable game.

I don't know how many of you out there own a Nintendo DS (I know there are a few), but if you fancy yourself a fan of older style console games, you might want to check out Retro Game Challenge if you haven't already. The game is based on a Japanese TV show that I won't really get into here.

Anyway, in the game, you're sent back in time to the 80's (specifically 1984 to start with) and have to beat challenges given to you in a number of video games - four challenges per game, with a total of eight games. These 8 games are all styled after games of the time and treated as if they were actually real games, even though they were all created specifically for Retro Game Challenge.

The challenges are typically pretty simple, such as beat this level or get this score. But after you complete all 4 challenges, you move on to the next game, and also unlock the game you were playing for play in Free Play mode. Mind you, all of these games are complete titles, not just two level minigames.

The games included are:

Cosmic Gate - The oldest one, this is a shooter a lot like Galaga but with some twists.

Haggleman - A platformer that's a mixture of a number of different elements. You throw ninja stars to stun your enemies, jump on them to defeat them, and fighting bosses.

Rally King - A racing game, a lot like an old Konami game that I can't remember at the moment. Not my favorite on here personally.

Haggleman 2 - Like the first Haggleman, but with larger levels, etc.

Rally King SP - A "special edition" of Rally King. It's not much different and mostly seems to be poking fun at this kind of stuff that went on back in the 80's. They inserted advertisements for some brand of noodles into this one.

Star Prince - Another shooting game, this time more advanced. It's a lot like Star Soldier.

Guadia Quest - A full length RPG (I've heard 10 to 20 hours anyway) that spoofs Dragon Quest.

Haggleman 3 - The newest Haggleman game, it receives a complete face lift and seems more like Shinobi.

A lot of these games are plays on well known classics, which is kind of the point. All of the games also come with manuals that detail how to play, the characters, etc. Also in game are Magazines - you'll receive a new magazine every so often, that has things in it like tips and tricks for a game and previews for upcoming games, plus some of the usual magazine stuff like reader letters and interviews. It's also spoofing some stuff.

For what it is, it's actually a really enjoyable game, especially if you have fond memories of playing the NES many years ago.

Here's a video of it on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akIvyJS0 ... re=related

Oh yeah, it comes complete with crappy 1980's Engrish, such as "You shooted 32 asteroids", etc. They do a really good job of emulating that feel and the games themselves are really fun.

T51b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:45 pm 

Just released God of War 3 trailer!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45513.html

All of the awesome cannot even begin to be put into words. Going to take a wild swing and assume this is the trailer Jaffe saw behind closed doors that made him give the game so much praise.

This game has already broke my previous record hype for games (originally MGS4) it is going to be painful in the coming months getting bits and pieces of this game and not being able to play it.

Here is a summary of the video for those who cannot be bothered to watch it.

Quote:
The surly warrior is shown racing through a forest and tearing through hordes of skeletal warriors. His brutal assault highlights one of the new moves in the game, grabbing an enemy and using them as a battering ram. The assault looks to be effective and painful. When a Cyclops joins the fray, Kratos improvises and hops onto the monster's back, using it as a not entirely willing mount. Kratos doesn't seem to be too concerned with how the Cyclops feels as he forcibly guides it through mobs of foes by stabbing and hacking at it. As the trailer winds down, the landscape goes wobbly as Kratos struggles with the Cyclops and leaps off it onto a passing harpy. The camera pulls back to show that the "forest" he's been fighting on is actually the back of a titan which is climbing to Mount Olympus. The trailer doesn't leave much to the imagination when it comes to what to expect next: an epic and bloody battle.

And here also is a write up Gamespot did that details all the gameplay they were shown.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/godo ... ews&page=1

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die!"

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 pm 

T51b wrote:
Just released God of War 3 trailer!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45513.html

All of the awesome cannot even begin to be put into words. Going to take a wild swing and assume this is the trailer Jaffe saw behind closed doors that made him give the game so much praise.

This game has already broke my previous record hype for games (originally MGS4) it is going to be painful in the coming months getting bits and pieces of this game and not being able to play it.

Here is a summary of the video for those who cannot be bothered to watch it.

Quote:
The surly warrior is shown racing through a forest and tearing through hordes of skeletal warriors. His brutal assault highlights one of the new moves in the game, grabbing an enemy and using them as a battering ram. The assault looks to be effective and painful. When a Cyclops joins the fray, Kratos improvises and hops onto the monster's back, using it as a not entirely willing mount. Kratos doesn't seem to be too concerned with how the Cyclops feels as he forcibly guides it through mobs of foes by stabbing and hacking at it. As the trailer winds down, the landscape goes wobbly as Kratos struggles with the Cyclops and leaps off it onto a passing harpy. The camera pulls back to show that the "forest" he's been fighting on is actually the back of a titan which is climbing to Mount Olympus. The trailer doesn't leave much to the imagination when it comes to what to expect next: an epic and bloody battle.

And here also is a write up Gamespot did that details all the gameplay they were shown.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/godo ... ews&page=1

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die!"

I can't wait for that!
And in other news I beat grand theft auto 4 and I'm probably going to replay it because I want to make some different choices on there.

Last.fm

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:00 pm 

DeadXManiac wrote:
And in other news I beat grand theft auto 4 and I'm probably going to replay it because I want to make some different choices on there.

Yeah I beat it for the first time a week ago. However, active duty has called for me to halt gaming for a bit. I played the "deal" ending and only completed the storyline. This time I want to go through everything, but being unable to connect to Live makes the effort futile.

I have it for PC, too, so you know it's even more frustrating.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

HEPHAISTO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:00 pm 

Thrust me, that its more frustrating when you have an cracked copy of GTA4 and win. Vista without SP1, witch, after a year, i figured how to install. But i have WoW, if its not going to work :D Or CoD4, or Guitar Hero 3, or my real guitar, or Devil May Cry 4, or Crysis and Crysis Warhead/Wars, or i really love to play Solitare, Chess and the ULTIMATE GAME, MINESWEEPER! :D

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:15 pm 

I just got House of the Dead: Overkill.

While the graphics looked last-gen and there was far too much negroid "MOTHERFUCKIN'" cussing, it's a fun, if repetitive, little rail-shooter.

WinterBliss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 pm 

With God of War 3 coming around i'm starting to really feel that my ps3 was money well spent. When i pick up littlebigplanet with a friend that's a lot of fun as well, Resistance 2 is fun too, although nothing too engaging or new.

God of War 3, Killzone 2, and Resident evil 5 make me excited. Being that consoles are catching up to PCs titles like FEAR 2 are more appealing for the ps 3.

GOW 1&2 were exceptionally awesome games, a bit short, but amazing nonetheless, i cannot wait for 3.

Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:53 pm 

Just in case people didn't quite understand what I meant by the guidelines, I'll try to demonstrate them using examples from this thread up to this point.

VoidOfEternity's post was good and met all the guidelines.
T51b's post violated the second guideline.
DeadXManiac's post violated the third guideline.
WinterBliss's post violated the first guideline.

Come on guys. Let's up the quality!

T51b
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:23 pm 

WinterBliss wrote:
With God of War 3 coming around i'm starting to really feel that my ps3 was money well spent. When i pick up littlebigplanet with a friend that's a lot of fun as well, Resistance 2 is fun too, although nothing too engaging or new.

God of War 3, Killzone 2, and Resident evil 5 make me excited. Being that consoles are catching up to PCs titles like FEAR 2 are more appealing for the ps 3.

GOW 1&2 were exceptionally awesome games, a bit short, but amazing nonetheless, i cannot wait for 3.

I agree on the money well spent part. This game is shaping up to be nothing short of epic.

Cant post this pic because of size but it is worth clicking on. :P
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/9905 ... 124tl4.jpg

I hope we get to fight the Titan or what ever that is in the background.

and a couple more Gifs from Gaf.

(images deleted)

Resistance 2 was a lot of fun for me. I played through the story about three times and did not think it deserved some of the hate it got. Getting the 10,000 online competitive kills for my Killing Machine trophy was a bit of a grind but Trophies are optional anyway.

Killzone 2 I am eagerly awaiting. I have been practicing with the demo a good bit getting used to the controls. Learning to keep a finger on L2 for cover (I use Alt 2) has been a bit different but no biggie. In multiplayer it should just be like playing another other shooter as the cover system has been removed and the characters are not as weighted.

Resident Evil 5 has been great fun. It pretty much plays like Resident Evil 4 but that is not a terrible thing (for me anyways). I am glad they did not put in a Gears of War type "run and gun" option like some people wanted. I much prefer the "stand your ground" traditional Resident Evil fighting system.
The game is ok solo but it really shines when your playing online or split screen with a friend. Splitting up and watching your buddy take on a dozen people on top of a roof while you run around and kite one of the giant axe guys followed by a few other enemies is pretty intense.

Shutdown wrote:
Just in case people didn't quite understand what I meant by the guidelines, I'll try to demonstrate them using examples from this thread up to this point.

VoidOfEternity's post was good and met all the guidelines.
T51b's post violated the second guideline.
DeadXManiac's post violated the third guideline.
WinterBliss's post violated the first guideline.

Come on guys. Let's up the quality!

There was not anything else to be said, that post was meant to stimulate conversation about the game with someone else (which it did). As I said before I could not even begin to put all the awesome into words. So far it is shaping up to be in my top three games that make me proud to own a PS3.

I will try to add more content in the future, it achieved the purpose I originally intended tho and that was to spark conversation about the game.

Kirbzy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:06 am 

An odd request, but does anyone know of any very fun and addictive small 2 player games that can be played on the same PC? For example, Pocket Tanks, Super Mario War, etc.

Bash
Talking Meat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:15 am 

This video is pretty cool.

Quote:
Directed by The Purchase Brothers, The Escape From City 17 short film series is an adaptation based on the Half Life series from Valve. Filmed guerilla style with no money, no time, no crew, no script, the first two episodes were made from beginning to end on a budget of $500.

http://www.pldx.com/movie/168/Escape_fr ... _Part_One/

Amazing how seamlessly they've incorporated Striders etc. from the games into real world environments.

josephus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:35 am 

I was very impressed when I saw that video. I hope to see more from them.

Star-Gazer
Trust and you'll be trusted

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:22 pm 

if anyone here can help, Id appreciate it

I am looking for the lowest-priced version of the XBOX360 that (and this is the very most important part) IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE (insomuch that it plays [most] original XBOX games - I know there are many that no 360 will play, I want one that will play the most)

I have started to get confused from all the information I have read since there are upwards of 5 varieties of the 360, some no longer made (but still available to buy), others that are updated versions, and others that are new (Arcade version)

so I am asking if anyone can direct me (preferably at Amazon.com) to the LEAST EXPENSIVE VERSION (used/refurbished is fine by me) THAT IS THE MOST BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE

thank you very much

invoked
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:09 pm 

I'm about to get my Morrowind on with a bunch of mods that I downloaded. It'll be cool to experience the game again with improved graphics. Hell, I'll have no reason to play Oblivion!

WebOfPiss
Myopic Void

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:15 pm 

invoked wrote:
I'm about to get my Morrowind on with a bunch of mods that I downloaded. It'll be cool to experience the game again with improved graphics. Hell, I'll have no reason to play Oblivion!
Is the combat improved as well? I couldn't stand Morrowind due to that factor.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:23 pm 

Combat Enhanced for Morrowind.

It basically added combos, and you got more combos to do the more you leveled your weapon skills. You could also disarm/disarmor your enemies. Eventually, you get some kind of special where you nearly pause time and you get to decapitate and dismember armies in a second.

Edit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQD8lLbRUsE

BardInTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:41 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
Combat Enhanced for Morrowind.

It basically added combos, and you got more combos to do the more you leveled your weapon skills. You could also disarm/disarmor your enemies. Eventually, you get some kind of special where you nearly pause time and you get to decapitate and dismember armies in a second.

Edit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQD8lLbRUsE

That's completely awesome. I need to get that. I've been playing Morrowind again lately with mods but I didn't know about this one. Pretty sweet.

Bash
Talking Meat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:57 am 

If anyone cares enough to want to check out how the big boys play TF2 or just is into competitive gaming, check out Team Dignitas vs. Weapons of the Rebellion (who I play demoman for) on pwnage.tv on Monday. Dignitas can be called the best team in Europe at the moment and even though I'd rank us at about number 5 or 6 right now we're miles behind them and they're the clear favourite... Still, could be a distraction for those bored.

Quote:
First up at 3PM EST / 2100 CET we're bringing you the currently ranked #1 and #2 teams within Division 1 of ETF2L, Team Dignitas vs Weapons of the Rebelion. Dignitas, who was until recently known as 4 Kings, is dominating with their undefeated record of 6-0, but wotr is standing with good chancing holding their 4-1-1 record so far in the season. Maps are set to be CTF_Turbine and CP_Badlands so we're in for a diverse game.

http://www.pwnage.tv

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:59 am 

I feel like playing TF2 now, thank you Bash.

People who play Demoman can fuck off and die! :grr:

josephus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:16 am 

The thing with the Demoman, is that whilst average (below average on European srvers :D) players like myself can do a lot of damage, the class really 'comes to life' in the hands of a pro. The same can be said for most classes of course, but some classes show a massive difference between low-end and high-end skilled players. Spies are probably the most heinous class to play against when they are being controlled by a pro.
My favourite class is the Pyro, and as far as I am concerned, the main difference between skilled and less skilled players is that the pros often go back to using the normal flamethrower, just to get the compression blast. The amount of ubered people I have frustrated with it is staggering. People need to drop the backburner once in a while, and check it out!

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:22 am 

I only use the backburner because I completely blow with the compression blast due to my unco-ness.

Agreed on the pro demomen point, a good demoman is excellent and an absolute pain to play against. Also agreed on the spies point, though any pyro with half a wit knows to random flame for spies, I've got many a spy that way, and I suck!

Bash
Talking Meat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:02 am 

Here's a nice demomovie, although the frags aren't THAT spectacular the editing and style of it is absolutely superb. I'd rank myself over this guy in skill, however :P. All footage in all of these are from matches of course, no pubs or pickups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... 8f2zTT1KqQ (Watch in HIGH QUALITY)
http://moose.pp.fi/game_movies/TF2/dr_justice.mp4 (Download link for those who want to see it in its full glory)

And now that I'm posting these things, here's a sniper movie by a clanmate of mine, I don't think you pubbers have seen sniper played quite like this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkZLJeQ1Nhc (go HQ)
Download: http://files.filefront.com/Auto+Aimrar/ ... einfo.html

There are a bunch of other movies that I can't be arsed to dig up right now... anyways.

The_Orphanizer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:38 am 

Maybe it's just 'cause I've never seen the game or 'cause it's a frag video, but from that sniper vid, TF2 looks really fast and hectic, far more so than I'd imagined.

Mungo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:58 am 

josephus wrote:
The thing with the Demoman, is that whilst average (below average on European srvers :D) players like myself can do a lot of damage, the class really 'comes to life' in the hands of a pro. The same can be said for most classes of course, but some classes show a massive difference between low-end and high-end skilled players. Spies are probably the most heinous class to play against when they are being controlled by a pro.
My favourite class is the Pyro, and as far as I am concerned, the main difference between skilled and less skilled players is that the pros often go back to using the normal flamethrower, just to get the compression blast. The amount of ubered people I have frustrated with it is staggering. People need to drop the backburner once in a while, and check it out!

Pyro is my favourite class as well, but while the compression blast is cool I love having pyro duals where both circle around each other to try and get the 100% crits, or sneaking up on someone and killing them in half a second. Trust me; I've pissed off far more people doing that than I have with the compression blast :P

I would play demo more often but unfotunately lag seems to factor into it more than any classes; in the past I've found if your ping is even in the 20s there is a slight delay between clicking the mouse and the shot being registered which can get irritating at times when trying to get people in mid air with it. Hence, when I do play it (largely on payload maps) I usually just provide support in the form of protecting the cart, which still racks up points rather decently.

neonchipmunk
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:46 am 

einvolk wrote:
if anyone here can help, Id appreciate it

I am looking for the lowest-priced version of the XBOX360 that (and this is the very most important part) IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE (insomuch that it plays [most] original XBOX games - I know there are many that no 360 will play, I want one that will play the most)

I have started to get confused from all the information I have read since there are upwards of 5 varieties of the 360, some no longer made (but still available to buy), others that are updated versions, and others that are new (Arcade version)

so I am asking if anyone can direct me (preferably at Amazon.com) to the LEAST EXPENSIVE VERSION (used/refurbished is fine by me) THAT IS THE MOST BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE

thank you very much

For backwards compatibility you need a 360 with a hard drive. Doesn't need to come bundled with the 360, you could by one seperate. So any 360 with a hard drive should be backwards compatiable.

For the most backward compatibility apply the latest update from xbox live.

The most backward compatiable 360 is any 360 with a hard drive and the latest update.

Given the lifespan and failure rate of the 360 I would reccommend buying new.

WinterBliss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:07 am 

Kirbzy wrote:
An odd request, but does anyone know of any very fun and addictive small 2 player games that can be played on the same PC? For example, Pocket Tanks, Super Mario War, etc.

How about Worms? although i'm sure you know that. That's the only one i can think of. I loved worms Armageddon, simple but very very fun. I wonder what ever became of that series.

Shutdown
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:46 am 

WinterBliss wrote:
How about Worms? although i'm sure you know that. That's the only one i can think of. I loved worms Armageddon, simple but very very fun. I wonder what ever became of that series.

The series turned to shit when they tried to update the technology behind it. I have no idea why they decided to make the game 3D. Game developers should stick to what is fun over throwing in newer technology for the sake of it. I'm sure everyone back in the 90s thought about how disastrous the game would be if it were 3D. I know I did.

HEPHAISTO
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:32 pm 

Yeah! I loved Armageddon. It was the best.

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:58 pm 

Well Ive recently finished beating Fable II (witch I dont think lived up to the hype) and I am In need of a new video game. I was thinking about getting F.E.A.R. 2, anyone play it yet? How Is it?

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:27 pm 

RevBau wrote:
Well Ive recently finished beating Fable II (witch I dont think lived up to the hype) and I am In need of a new video game. I was thinking about getting F.E.A.R. 2, anyone play it yet? How Is it?

Picked it up yesterday and played with a few friends, it's pretty damn awesome. Seems like it could be really long too actually, we played a few levels for a few hours and checked out the achievements, seems like there's a good chunk of levels.

The game isn't quite as polished as the first, there's some weird bugs here and there, broken window glass might hover off the ground, this one guy clipped through some objects ... but the graphics are pretty impressive and the special effects they do in this one are really amazing, better than anything Monolith even did in the Condemned series. It's also safe to say that it's definitely a good bit more intense than the first game with the scares, it's really well done.

Yeah it's excellent. If you liked the original, check it out.

jackwestjr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:59 am 

Well I was able to finish playing Ace Combat 6 over the weekend for the second time while I was sick. This game has to be one of my favorite games for my 360, though I will admit my opinion is a little biased due to my love of planes. However, the planes in this game are very well detailed and the graphics are great (apart from the ground). It's a very cool feeling to be able to fly modern day fighter jets in massive dogfights with enemy planes. The best parts about the game is flying against dozens of enemy fighters and doing high g-turns, immelmans, and split-s's to come out on top.

However I will say that the plot is pretty weak in the game and that I am disappointed by the lack of any MiGs in the game. It also would have been nice to see the F-4 as a flyable plane.

Next up for me will probably be trying to finish playing Far Cry 2 or giving Assassin's Creed another go-through.

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:47 am 

I'm actually curious for Dawn of War 2,
even if I didn't like the first one or Company of Heroes, but it's supposed to have a larger emphasis on unit tactics and maneuvering and no base building,
comparable to Ground Control, exactly my kind of RTS.

Besides, Relic made Homeworld, even if they make a hundred games I don't like after that, i'll still try the 101th.
That reminds me, rumor has it they bought back the Homeworld license from Vivendi to make a third Homeworld, that would be my dream come true.
Does anybody here know if this is true or not?

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 am 

I'm incredibly pessimistic about Dawn of War 2. Simply put, it won't top Company of Heroes, no chance. Speaking of Company of Heroes, they're releasing a new expansion for it, a really, really lame expansion.

As for a new Homeworld, I've heard nothing. I just want HL2: Episode 3 first!

unsane69
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:20 am 

Bezerko wrote:
Speaking of Company of Heroes, they're releasing a new expansion for it, a really, really lame expansion.

Yeah. It doesn't sound too promising. I was hoping they'd finally get around to adding a Soviet faction, but no...

lowendmayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:24 pm 

Does anyone play Call of Duty 4 for PC? I am looking for some people to play with, and I have Xfire. It's always nice to make some new online friends to game with, especially if they share a love for all things metal. Just pm if you want my Xfire.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:49 am 

Had my computer upgraded a bit about a month ago, and am now regularly playing Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. Wasn't really expecting the whole thing with the Scrin....were there hints of that in the previous game? It's been ages since I've played Tiberium Sun or it's expansion pack.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:52 am 

Earthcubed wrote:
Had my computer upgraded a bit about a month ago, and am now regularly playing Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. Wasn't really expecting the whole thing with the Scrin....were there hints of that in the previous game? It's been ages since I've played Tiberium Sun or it's expansion pack.

Everytime I start to play a C&C game I just end it abruptly part way through the campaign. I dunno, it's amazingly difficult for me to continue playing unless I am intending to beat it (usually for the first time). I remember getting to the first Scrin mission on the GDI campaign and found it frustrating enough for me to quit.

I haven't played a C&C game ever since, and this was back in September. Even the screenshots and vids of Red Alert 3's females have proved futile.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:13 am 

I've been playing N64 a lot lately at my friends place, and I seriously think it puts any video game console out there today to shame. Mario Cart, Super Smash Bros, Perfect Dark, Legend of Zelda and of course Super Mario are some of the best video games ever.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
Earthcubed wrote:

Everytime I start to play a C&C game I just end it abruptly part way through the campaign. I dunno, it's amazingly difficult for me to continue playing unless I am intending to beat it (usually for the first time). I remember getting to the first Scrin mission on the GDI campaign and found it frustrating enough for me to quit.

I haven't played a C&C game ever since, and this was back in September. Even the screenshots and vids of Red Alert 3's females have proved futile.

The first Scrin one was easy, the second was nearly impossible. The key to them is to remember that they aren't any more difficult to beat than Nod or GDI if you can take out their air power; let them control the skies and you're fucked.

I'll never play another Red Alert game after the second one; this new one apparently has armed bears as an infantry unity. Not a joke. Surprised to see they got Gemma Atkinson in there though....awfully odd to see someone that hot in a video game.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 940  Next