Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:05 pm 

Anyone play Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind?

If not I guess I'm the only one.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:17 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:
Anyone play Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind?

If not I guess I'm the only one.

Been playing ESO since launch. You on PC?

Talented Juli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:03 pm 

I played ESO a bit and didn't like it that much, but that Morrowind trailer really tugged at my nostalgia strings.

A friend dragged me back into WoW, though, so I don't think I'll touch ESO for the moment.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:10 am 

For the curious and the fence-sitters among you - The Surge has a free demo now. Give it a shot.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:29 pm 

SLAIN! Why did I never notice this game before? It's Castlevania - Symphony of the Night meets hell and metal. So freaking good and insanely difficult. The soundtrack has been very tasteful instrumental metal so far, main character's name is Bathoryn and I'm not sure if I'm the good or bad guy yet. It's only $4.50 on PSN sale right now, all must buy!

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:03 pm 

I'm close acquaintances with Andrew, the man who made Slain. He does great work. The new game he is working on now, Valfaris, looks even more awesome. Also, the guy who did the soundtrack to Slain is Curt Bryant from Celtic Frost ;)

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 pm 

I talked about Slain repeatedly before. :P

It has nothing to do with Symphony of the Night whatsoever though. It's far closer to classic Castlevania meets Ghouls N Ghosts and the likes.

I wrote a review on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/morriganst ... ded/369070

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:07 pm 

Yeah I must have missed the discussion about it, but I'm glad to hear the guy(s) are working on a new game. Only played for about an hour last night and I love it. I just bought FF12 remake, which is really good, also pre-ordered Pyre and Sundered and bought Terraria, but I just wanna play Slain now! That's pretty cool that a guy from Celtic Frost did the music, I never did listen to them as much as I should have.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:17 pm 

I don't own any consoles, so I've been reduced to mobile games. Critical Ops and Bullet Force are decent. I'm reviewing the former right now, actually. I'll post it here when it's done.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:34 am 

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:00 pm 

New Humble Bundle is pretty dope.

You can get the complete edition of Risen 3 for a buck, as well as Deadlight and SR2 (if for some reason you don't already own it). There are some other good games in there as well.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:44 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
SLAIN! Why did I never notice this game before? It's Castlevania - Symphony of the Night meets hell and metal. So freaking good and insanely difficult. The soundtrack has been very tasteful instrumental metal so far, main character's name is Bathoryn and I'm not sure if I'm the good or bad guy yet. It's only $4.50 on PSN sale right now, all must buy!

I downloaded that one a few months ago. It's okay. I only have so much patience for "LOOK HOW FUCKING HARD WE MADE THIS" games. The graphics and art style are cool, and I like their attitude, but I just don't have the time or patience to dedicate to games that exist just to show off how hard they can be. So unfortunately, I didn't get very far.

I finished the revamped Shadow of the Beast on PS4 last weekend. One of the only games I've actually finished this year, as I haven't been playing much. Just don't have the time, and whenever I fire up a game, I hate myself for not spending that time being creative in some capacity. By "finished", I mean I got through the basic campaign on the easy difficulty. It's a small accomplishment, but an accomplishment none the less. I really love the music, art, design, and style of Shadow of the Beast. It reminds me of classic "really out there" Sega when they were churning out some wild, very lite Science Fiction-esque games in the 80's and 90's.

Napalm_Satan
Ever-Opening Flower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:25 pm 

TIL: Witcher 3 on Blood and Bones difficulty is obscenely difficult. Granted, I'm shite at gaming but even so.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:15 pm 

Slain is hard, but the checkpoint placement is very generous, so it's really not that frustrating or punishing.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:28 pm 

Got back into trying to finally beat Dark Souls 1 on PC. Uninstalled the Leyboard+mouse smoothing mod, got myself a controller. Works so much better. Made a new character and got farther than I did in 2 hours than I did in 8. Just finally rang the second bell. Snakes fucking killing me though. Running a STR build, any recc'd weapon? I'm thinking of just buffing giant club or butchers knife. Got Black Knight Greatsword but the req Dex is too far along for me to use.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:37 pm 

Freaking Zweihander, man. That shit's the best.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:49 am 

If you get a Manserpent Greatsword drop from those snakes, use that. One of the best STR weapons in the game.

Giant club is also very good.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:41 am 

The Sen Fortress is where i learned the existence of backstabs :lol: if you learn the mechanic you can take out the snakes pretty easily, they have slow recovery after their attacks

Also i agree, Zwei and great club rule and have very low weight for their respective weapon classes

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:47 am 

There aren't many things in that game as satisfying as just pancaking an enemy that's two heads taller than you against the floor with a giant fucking sword. Shit never gets old.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:07 pm 

Playing through Wolfenstein: The New Order. Goddamn, you can duel wield shotguns! I always like playing these types of games in a very aggressive, action packed way. The stealth options are fun too.

It's nice to play a game, especially in this day and age, that is so unapologetic about being anti Nazi. It is sad to see the comments section for the newest Wolfenstein game filled with alt-right degenerates, who refer to a game about fighting a fascist dystopia as being "libcuck propaganda."

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:51 pm 

Not gonna lie; as someone of Jewish heritage, The New Order was an extremely satisfying experience. I'll probably buy The New Colossus too, both because it looks amazing and because I look forward to drinking salty alt-right fucktard tears.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:13 pm 

You know what would be awesome? A game in which you shoot endless waves of alt-right fucktards. Like maybe a future dystopia where they staged a coup and brought fascism to the US. Then some badass action hero picks up a huge gun and decides to KICK SOME ASS.

Imagine this as the final boss, but with Trump:

I don't know what the title would be, but the tagline would have to be "SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT!"

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:26 pm 

Well... The new Far Cry seems to be close enough, except for the "future dystopia" part.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:27 pm 

But Ubisoft Game.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:36 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
I don't know what the title would be, but the tagline would have to be "SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT!"

:lol: I can imagine the final boss uttering that as his last, dying words. :lol:

Exkretor wrote:

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:28 am 

I can't believe some people think shooting nazis is uncool now. Buncha snowflakes the lot of them.
failsafeman wrote:
You know what would be awesome? A game in which you shoot endless waves of alt-right fucktards. Like maybe a future dystopia where they staged a coup and brought fascism to the US. Then some badass action hero picks up a huge gun and decides to KICK SOME ASS.

:lol:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:56 am 

Yeah man, Nazis are part of the holy trinity of things you're allowed to kill in games without feeling remorse: Nazis, robots, and non-sexy aliens.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:02 am 

Morrigan wrote:
If you get a Manserpent Greatsword drop from those snakes, use that. One of the best STR weapons in the game.

Giant club is also very good.

Good thing I got that as a drop. I've been using the lightning spear that came from the mimic just cus of the recovery time after R1 against the golden snakes.

Finally going to buy my first console after only doing PC and handhelds my entire life. Getting PS4, probably just a slim; there's other stuff I need to buy but the PS4 exclusives are building up and I can't stop turning them down.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:19 am 

stickyshooZ wrote:
Playing through Wolfenstein: The New Order. Goddamn, you can duel wield shotguns! I always like playing these types of games in a very aggressive, action packed way. The stealth options are fun too.

Played this one recently enough as well... can't say I understand what the hype was about all along though. It's not bad or anything, it's just confused as all hell. For an action packed run and gun game it's too subservient to its story (bathysphere level be damned, as are the numerous sections where you're forced into stealth mode just because the game keeps taking your guns away for story reasons); for a story-first game it's too bonkers to be taken seriously. And by golly, for a game that encourages exploration it sure loves to lock you out of backtracking if your sense of clairvoyance fails you and you explore a tentative amount too far in the main direction. It's as if it tries to appease both the old school and new school of shooters, and ends up mostly falling between the chairs because the two are too far apart.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:15 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Yeah man, Nazis are part of the holy trinity of things you're allowed to kill in games without feeling remorse: Nazis, robots, and non-sexy aliens.

What about zombies? Because damn, zombie Nazis are like, the most killable thing ever.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:59 am 

failsafeman wrote:

Meh. There are people on the left I can imagine shooting endless waves of also.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:44 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I can't believe some people think shooting nazis is uncool now. Buncha snowflakes the lot of them.

iirc, someone made a mod for the original Wolfenstein, where you could try to talk to the Nazis. Because, you know, respectful debate. But it makes no difference and the Nazi soldiers just kill you anyway. :lol:

edit: Here it is http://www.pcgamer.com/wolfenstein-3d-r ... the-nazis/

Exkretor wrote:

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:38 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
failsafeman wrote:

Meh. There are people on the left I can imagine shooting endless waves of also.

Not me. I want to shoot nazis until the end of time is here! In Wolfenstein - The New Order some nazis even have a very noticable bavarian accent so I can pretend they are relatives of mine who commited warcrimes or friends of those relatives who also commited warcrimes. Good times!

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:46 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
iamntbatman wrote:

What about zombies? Because damn, zombie Nazis are like, the most killable thing ever.

What if those zombie Nazis are wearing red caps that say "Make America Great Again"?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:07 pm 

PDS wrote:
Good thing I got that as a drop. I've been using the lightning spear that came from the mimic just cus of the recovery time after R1 against the golden snakes.

Finally going to buy my first console after only doing PC and handhelds my entire life. Getting PS4, probably just a slim; there's other stuff I need to buy but the PS4 exclusives are building up and I can't stop turning them down.

Nice! Get Bloodborne ASAP. :)

The lightning spear is a trap btw. It has no scaling and the next boss you'll face is lightning resistant. Don't rely on this weapon too much.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:57 pm 

Tacoma is a fantastic, excellently plotted, and incredibly written go buy it and support your Idle Thumbs current and former.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:46 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
PDS wrote:

Nice! Get Bloodborne ASAP. :)

The lightning spear is a trap btw. It has no scaling and the next boss you'll face is lightning resistant. Don't rely on this weapon too much.

That's the plan. Bloodborne, Nioh, HZD, a shit ton of Japanese PS4 exclusives soon to come out ect. GOnna be a huge money sink but gun be worth it.

Yeah, I mainly used it for the knights and the snakes to build up souls. By the time I got the cage short-cut I leveled the greasword enough that I don't have to use the spear any more. In Anor Londo now, it is pretty easy atm except the sentinels take a long time. Dreading that boss fight from what I've seen but I'll deal with it as it comes. Thinking about taking a side-trip to the painted world but I think I'll wait till I get the lord vessel.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:51 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:

Usually, yeah, but sometimes there's that "omg this zombie is someone you once knew" or "there might be a way to cure the virus and turn these things back into humans" twist. Ain't no redemption for nazis!

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:15 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Usually, yeah, but sometimes there's that "omg this zombie is someone you once knew" or "there might be a way to cure the virus and turn these things back into humans" twist. Ain't no redemption for nazis!

Sometimes there are! Sort of. :eek:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ex-au ... on-n788731

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:08 am 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

What if those zombie Nazis are wearing red caps that say "Make America Great Again"?

Touché.
iamntbatman wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

Touché x2. Also, I read that "ain't no redemption for Nazis" bit in Aldo Raine's voice :lol:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 818, 819, 820, 821, 822, 823, 824 ... 940  Next