Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:59 pm 

Men are comprised of courage, tenacity, protectiveness, and conviction.*

Doesn't matter what the guy likes, if he's willing to kick your ass to prove he's right, he's quite manly.

*Not to say that women aren't capable of these traits.

GoatPhallus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 pm 

Well, to answer the original question asked

My definition of “manliness” is as follows:
One who has self control, responsible, takes care of his own duties, Dependable, Personal integrity, Hard worker, Honest, If he has a family he sacrifices himself for his family (not in a literal martyr sence) selfless, Kind, Humble (the exact opposite of ego) but still self confident, Funny.

The above traits are what I have chosen to aspire to. If one becomes a man, he needs only two traits:
1. To be born with a penis
2. To achieve all of the traits that they believe will make them a good well rounded person

If a one was born with a female anatomy and combined that with trait number two, they would become a woman. The purpose is not to define their gender role (to become the most masculine or effeminate), but to become an “adult”.

I believe that each gender has a natural predisposition to have talent in one or more category. When I say that I am not suggesting that one gender is superior to the other. I believe that men and women compliment one another with their differences (yin yang) and are intended (either in a biological or non-secular sense) to work in a team.

To try to exaggerate and inflate ones gender role only for the sake of being more “masculine” can only be destructive and illogical.

Bittercunt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:47 pm 

Malakh wrote:
How do I define masculinity? Well for starters, check between your legs. If you have a penis, you are a masculine person. Class dismissed.

I guess "word" would be a proper statement.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2