Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
c_
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:24 am 

For a couple years now, every time I see Bryce Harper get jacked, I always think he looks exactly like Hoest...
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Anyone else seeing this?

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:25 pm 

I can't wait till the Cavaliers play the Warriors!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:27 pm 

Okay, so they can't agree on merging the two (very small) North American leagues, so the logical other option is for the Canadian Women's Hockey League to expand to China?? Hey good luck, but this is pretty weird.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/sports/hockey/cwhl- ... -1.4147421
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:56 pm 

Australia played Brazil in a friendly in Melbourne. As expected, Australia gets flogged 4-0, but the biggest embarrassment is that Brazil scored in the first 12 seconds of the match despite Australia kicking off.

Australia will now play in the Confederates Cup (I think?) in a pool against Chile, Cameroon, and Germany. Here come more floggings!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:40 pm 

Dang it, now the Sens have just a few hours left to weasel out of losing Marc Methot to that silly-arsed new team in Las Vegas. There are better goalies available than Mike Condon, and none of Ottawa's unprotected forwards are particularly appealing, so it looks like if Methot's going to stay, it will cost a defenceman and a high draft pick.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:52 pm 

Calgary Stampeders and Ottawa Redblacks play another CFL classic last night - and by "classic" I mean "so bizarre it could only happen here". Ended in a 31-31 tie, which is rare enough in football, then add in that the only two regular-season ties in the last two CFL seasons have featured these two teams. And they're almost exactly the same, with each team doing all they could to feck it up! (With help from the officials).

1. We have Calgary fumbling(?) on the goal line, which Ottawa's Khalil Bass returned all the way back. Pending review, both teams believed they'd scored! Ruling in favour of the Stamps. (This mistake was close enough to be forgivable.)

2. Calgary receiver fumbles again, this time in the open field, with the score 28-21 for Ottawa. Looks like a Redblacks win, as there are only 3:00 left and Ottawa can run out the clock. BUT it's challenged and again goes Calgary's way, which is asinine. Ottawa then sets them up in the red zone by whining about the decision and Calgary ties the game.

3. In overtime, Calgary's Jamar Wall - already sitting on his ass in the end zone, for reasons unknown - has an interception literally drop into his lap. This sets up the usually reliable Rene Paredes to kick an easy field goal, which he hilariously flubs. In Canadian rules, even kicking it wide through the end zone nets a single point, which in this case would have won the game, but no, Paredes didn't even miss properly :lol: (Teams traded FG's in the second overtime to reach 31-31).

Goddamn I love the Canadian Football League!
Check out these highlights and just try not to fall in love too :)
https://3downnation.com/2017/06/23/repl ... -ends-tie/
https://www.cfl.ca/games/2372/calgary-s ... ks/#videos

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:20 pm 

Shoutout to Lance Stroll for his great performance today. Keep up the great work and ignore the haters. 'nuff said.

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:52 pm 

My Red Sox keep winning 16 runs today and Sale and Kimbrel look amazing. Its to bad about the third base problems.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:35 pm 

:D Looks like the Ottawa Redblacks are bringing more OT to the CFL this week! Greg Ellingson pulls in a massive 30-yard catch for the (probable) tying touchdown in the last 2:00, pending the convert kick.

EDIT: goddamn it they fucked it up. All you had to do was hold the jeezus ball on the little plastic thingy!

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:30 am 

You won't understand this unless you're an Australian, particularly if you're living in NSW or Queensland, but NSW simply have to win here tonight.

Johnathan Thurston is out, and Darius Boyd is injured. That alone is enough hindrance for Queensland. NSW have a strong team that did the job in Game 1, and almost pulled it off in Game 2, so to avoid yet another heartbreaker, they have to do something special here. It won't be easy with Slater, Cronk, and Smith in the team, and Munster will be ready to prove his doubters wrong, but with Tedesco, Dugan, Maloney, Pierce, Ferguson, Morris, Woods, and others, NSW have a very strong team.

Queensland have home ground advantage, so that will be a massive point in their favour, but Game 1 was won by NSW in Queensland. Just...do that again. Break the bloody dynasty!

Any other Australians here going to watch State of Origin?

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:04 pm 

"Slammin'" Steve Pearce is at it again!
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20202826

The Blue Jays had only hit two walk-off grand slams in their 40-year history, and now Pearce has matched that in four days! This team's not done :D

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:22 am 

kluseba wrote:
Shoutout to Lance Stroll for his great performance today. Keep up the great work and ignore the haters. 'nuff said.

Formula 1 eh? I was impressed and thrilled with Stroll's performance, and hope Williams can make some headway against what are the "big three" (Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull), and the same goes to Force India. Still to this day, I'm constantly disappointed that Red Bull can't make a more straight line speed powerful powerplant. The chassis alone are world class, so why so short on the power?! They have all the money, tech, and nouse to do so, so I'm at a a loss why this still is a problem.

After the Hungarian Grand Prix I'm yes, a little peeved over the incident between Ricciardo and Verstappen. All the track room on the world and he still managed to ram into the weakest point of an F1 car - where the radiators are. Yes he locked up and had some understeer, but for christ's sake, you had a full track width to work with! Ricciardo's comments were somewhat scathing, but hey, I guess my pull for the only Aussie in F1 has something to do with I'm OK with letting that slide :grin:

Verstappen can be a wild card, and goes too hard sometimes in my opinion, and needs to control that rather hot head he has behind the wheel. Maybe give Carlos Sainz a run in a Red Bull seat instead?

My collection

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:59 pm 

Just when you think the CFL East division can't get any worse after last year, with Ottawa's 8-9-1 record taking the title*, 2017 happens. :lol: One game away from the midseason point and the East's combined record is 6-20-1; and Ottawa has one win and a tie yet sit just one point out of second place!

*In our defence, Ottawa won the Grey Cup after putting up that imposing, nearly-.500 mark... looks like the Eastern teams are hoping the same will be good enough again :)

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:41 pm 

Erm, what the feck is this? http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ ... y-1500/amp

Ottawa Senators come up with the great innovation to entice more fans to attend games... by allowing fewer fans to attend games :scratch: Resorting to cheap-ass reverse psychology? Humbug! How about promoting the fact that our team was one goal away from the Stanley Cup final - ya know, people want to see a good team. I think folks'll come back.

kluseba

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:09 am 

It's a question of mentality. Whenever I'm going out in Ottawa or Gatineau on a Friday or Saturday night, there are rarely more than ten people in a bar. People tend to stay home with their husband/wife and two kids and go to bed at 9:30 PM after watching the news. When I stand up and cheer for the Senators, the guy behind me asks me to sit down, so he can see what's going on on the ice. When I kindly ask the referee to go fuck himself after a horrendous call, the woman next to me tells me she's there with her daughter and that my language traumatizes her. When I attend a game between the Senators and the Coyotes with a whopping eleven thousand other hockey fans, I can hear a pin drop in the arena. I'm not exaggerating here, these are personal experiences. Don't get me wrong, I don't need fanatics who mistake hockey for an independence movement or religion like in Montreal or people who will pay two hundred bucks for a ticket in the cheapest section even though their team has lost ten games in a row like in Toronto but it would be nice if my fellow Senators fans were a little bit louder and prouder. With people like the ones mentioned above, it isn't a surprise that the owners of the team dream of a smaller arena downtown. It's a shame but if you want nonsense like the stuff mentioned in the article to stop, show up at the games, switch your work suit for a hockey jersey and try to have some fun.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:15 pm 

kluseba wrote:
It's a question of mentality... When I kindly ask the referee to go fuck himself after a horrendous call, the woman next to me tells me she's there with her daughter and that my language traumatizes her... Don't get me wrong, I don't need people who will pay two hundred bucks for a ticket in the cheapest section even though their team has lost ten games in a row like in Toronto but it would be nice if my fellow Senators fans were a little bit louder and prouder. With people like the ones mentioned above, it isn't a surprise that the owners of the team dream of a smaller arena downtown.

Aha! So it's all your fault then! You're so obnoxious and vulgar, that mothers are afraid to bring their daughters to the game and raise them as fans. Shame :nono:
Your shot at Leafs fans is weird. Supporting your team even when it sucks, is a good thing.
Regrettably, I'd say that a smaller new arena is better than the disgrace of tarping over a section of seats. However, I'm still hopeful people will come out for our near-champion team, and obviate the need to hide our shame at all :)

kluseba

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 pm 

Leaf me alone! I stepped on a leaf last night. I'm an unbeleafer! ;-) Some of the Leafs fans are stupidly loyal and would even pay two hundred bucks for a seat in the last row with restricted view to watch a pee-wee team play if they only wear a Toronto Maple Leafs shirt. If my team had sucked as much as the Leafs did for so many years, I sure would have let the owners and players know my disappointment instead of showing up at every single game. A real fan doesn't only support his team blindly but criticizes it constructively as well.

To be honest though, you're kind of proving my point. If you attend a hockey or even a soccer game in Montreal, numerous fans insult the referee and nobody gives a damn. If you do the same thing in Ottawa, people are shocked and try to teach you a lesson. Montreal fans don't need a reason to cheer against Ottawa or Toronto and same goes for the Leafs who proudly insult the Sens and their fans in their own arena. However, if you state how you despise the Canadiens and the Leafs as a Sens fan, you need to justify yourself and some other Sens fans will even defend the other teams and their fans and try to convince you they are alright. On one side I like the fact that Ottawa fans are less extreme and fanatic about hockey but they sure could be a little bit louder and prouder as I have stated before and should realize that a healthy rivalry doesn't always need to be politically correct.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:26 pm 

Quote:
A real fan doesn't only support his team blindly but criticizes it constructively as well.

There are more constructive ways to voice dissatisfaction at a crappy team, though. You can go to a game wearing a paper bag on your head, you can whine anonymously on the internet... Dwindling attendance has never motivated a team to turn itself around. It has motivated many to relocate! On the other hand, there's a long history of struggling teams finally righting the ship out of gratitude to loyal fans who stuck around but grumbled about it.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:51 pm 

Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
My Red Sox keep winning 16 runs today and Sale and Kimbrel look amazing. Its to bad about the third base problems.

LOL so much for the third base problems! Those are all gone now for sure I see great things going forward.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:04 pm 

The Chiefs spanked the Patriots to open the season. Honestly can't think of a better way to start. However, they also got a shitload of penalties which made them look like a bunch of dirty players and the whole reason we all hate the pats is because they're a pack of cheaters.

Anyway, the fresh blood of Hunt and Hill seems to have injected new life in KC, even Smith was looking better than ever.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:50 pm 

There's zero criticism, let alone constructive criticism, in not going to a game because the team is bad. I'm from the culture that a fan goes because the team is playing, not because the team is good. This is in no regard about refraining from protests or so. In fact, from my life as a fan, I'd say the most active critics, protestors, and those who cause the most change among coaches, players, board members, etc., are precisely those fans who keep showing up. And often protests will take place precisely at the venue during games. And this is even in a culture where the threat of re-location is non-existent.

Obviously, and it's been dealt with here before, there is a night-and-day-contrast between North American and European (+ alot of other parts of the world's) fan culture. But even in the North American context, I can't see any merit in a view of a "real fan" as someone who stays at home because of bad results, or in calling those who keep showing up as "stupidly loyal". If anything, I'd say the real fans are not those who show up when it's going good, but those who are there both in good and bad times.

kluseba

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:09 am 

Believe me, when the Toronto Maple Leafs have sold out all their home games for several years in a row and suddenly season ticket holders and loyal fans who always went there decided to not attend the game, then this could be seen as a big sign. When this exact thing happened a few years ago, media covered this issue and it was some sort of wake-up call for the organization, meaning that they couldn't continue messing things up like they did. It's something that happens rather often in Europe. When a team plays without passion or an organization screws up repeatedly, the ultra sections sometimes decide to not attend the game, show their backs to the team for the first ten minutes, to not cheer for half an hour or to put bags on their heads. Believe me, this is something players see and hear and care about. There isn't anything negative about that, the opposite is the case.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:54 am 

severzhavnost wrote:
kluseba wrote:
It's a question of mentality... When I kindly ask the referee to go fuck himself after a horrendous call, the woman next to me tells me she's there with her daughter and that my language traumatizes her... Don't get me wrong, I don't need people who will pay two hundred bucks for a ticket in the cheapest section even though their team has lost ten games in a row like in Toronto but it would be nice if my fellow Senators fans were a little bit louder and prouder. With people like the ones mentioned above, it isn't a surprise that the owners of the team dream of a smaller arena downtown.

Aha! So it's all your fault then! You're so obnoxious and vulgar, that mothers are afraid to bring their daughters to the game and raise them as fans. Shame :nono:
Your shot at Leafs fans is weird. Supporting your team even when it sucks, is a good thing.
Regrettably, I'd say that a smaller new arena is better than the disgrace of tarping over a section of seats. However, I'm still hopeful people will come out for our near-champion team, and obviate the need to hide our shame at all :)

I used to believe this, but after watching how loyalty has absolutely decimated the Red Wings and the Tigers I no longer feel like it's some sort of badge to support garbage teams, because they're "My Team". Fuck Ken Holland and fuck the new arena. I'm not paying money to support that dumpster fire.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

~Guest 58624
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:05 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
The Chiefs spanked the Patriots to open the season. Honestly can't think of a better way to start. However, they also got a shitload of penalties which made them look like a bunch of dirty players and the whole reason we all hate the pats is because they're a pack of cheaters.

Anyway, the fresh blood of Hunt and Hill seems to have injected new life in KC, even Smith was looking better than ever.

That was a fun game. I'm in Colts country ( :ugh: :nono: ), but was more than happy to root for your guys on opening night.

I occasionally peek at the comments on NFL.com, and next to the crypto-racist (occasionally just plain racist) Kaepernick-bashers, the most ridiculous group of posters there are the Patriots apologists, who argue with the utmost confidence that there's no basis for believing that the Patriots ever cheated, or at any rate, cheated more than all the other teams. So, I gotta vent about them for a moment...

I don't have much of an axe to grind (at least not as much as I did a few years ago, when I could root for the Manning-led Broncos, and Indy wasn't completely hopeless); I'm not particularly reluctant to admit that Brady is the best QB to play the game. (Or he has the best resume, anyway. I don't have a deep understanding of the game, but I do tend to think that Rodgers, for example, is more talented at the position than Brady.) So I admit, easily, that in terms of playing with an unfair advantage and making victory more attainable, Brady has no real reason to cheat, or bend the rules; and even apart from that, I find it easy to believe that marginally underinflated footballs are unlikely to impact the game.

Hell, there might even be room for disagreement about the strength of the officially accepted evidence for cheating, and for Brady's failure to cooperate with investigation - though if I were a Pats fan, it'd make me uneasy to notice that most of the skeptics are probably fellow Pats fans (like, I think one of the "debunking" scientists was from MIT). More importantly, I don't think I could swallow my doubts - and common sense - in light of the sudden flurry of late-night text messages, references to "the deflater" (allegedly a weight-loss joke!), and Brady's smashing his phone and trying to pass it off as perfectly ordinary behavior.

At the very least, I don't see how a person could sincerely believe that the situation wasn't suspicious. And incidentally, the Pats apologists I've seen have quite an arrogant streak about them as well - like, I, in light of everything I've typed here, would be called obviously jealous, and a scientifically illiterate hillbilly from flyover country.

Yet another reason to avoid comments sections, I guess.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:28 pm 

Sure I understand how a squishy football is easier to squeeze and catch. But, would that advantage not be somewhat neutralized by a loss of aerodynamics on the ball in flight? I mean, the accusation was that the balls the Patriots used were two pounds lighter than the Colts' footballs. At that large a difference, I would expect a full ball to cut straight through the air when passed; while the soft-ass Patriots' ball would be so unevenly buffeted by wind resistance as to be wobbled off course...

For the record, I have no interest in defending New England, as I support the Raiders.

PS yeah it's almost too easy to make fun of the Browns, but I can't let anyone off the hook for a flub of the magnitude they pulled against Pittsburgh yesterday. Calling a timeout to decide to request a challenge, only to lose that challenge and consequently your other timeout... when play stopped anyway since it was the 2:00 warning? Come on, man!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:46 pm 

Louisiana Tech (with help from Mississippi State) pulls off the most hilarious fumble ever:

Yup, that set up a 3rd & Goal... from their own 5 yard line :lol:

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:48 pm 

Watching Pats fans crying on Twitter and begging that Brady to be benched after the opening loss to the Chiefs was glorious. Sorry if anyone happens to be a Pats fan, but I'm sick of them at this rate. They've been dominant for so long that their existence has become boring, since I know that because they're in a weak division, they'll basically win it near uncontested every year. I want the AFC East to be interesting again, rather than just taking bets on which of the three other teams are going to be at the bottom the next year.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 pm 

Who are these people saying Brady should have been benched though? I would imagine it is mostly troll accounts and/or people that don't even really follow the team. I never had a single doubt that Brady would come out and dominate against an historically embarrassing bad Saints defense. He always does well after a loss. What I'm sick of is how every time the Pats lose people act like the world is going to end. Brady is still easily a top 5 quarterback and people are saying he should retire. With that logic half the QBs in the NFL should retire.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm 

ObservationSlave wrote:
What I'm sick of is how every time the Pats lose people act like the world is going to end.

Yes those fans have been spoiled rotten. Brady didn't help things with that over-dramatic press conferenc after the loss to the Chiefs though. I have no problem with dynasties, but then we see Brady so distressed about one friggin' loss, and feeding into the fans' penchant for sky-is-falling nonsense, that's obnoxious and I hope they lose.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:04 pm 

ObservationSlave wrote:
Who are these people saying Brady should have been benched though? I would imagine it is mostly troll accounts and/or people that don't even really follow the team.

I do think it is a minority of fans, but they do exist. The sports world is a place where the "what have you done for me lately" mentality is, unfortunately, very prevalent. Whatever people may personally think of Brady, he's proven himself over the years. Brady is still a top tier QB until he shows otherwise. Just that some people have no patience for failure, especially with a team like the Patriots, who have been perennial winners for so long.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:52 pm 

Wow... So who else saw the Lions get bullshat out of a last-second winning TD against Atlanta today?

Lookie: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/9/2 ... vs-falcons
that's a dang touchdown!! but the officials, and the league's bonehead rules that the officials must enforce, double-fuck it up. Firstly, see the still image where Tate's leg is still off the ground while the ball breaks the plane of the goal line? Well, the replay judges didn't. So that's dumb.

Secondly, with even remotely normal rules, there would have been time to run a fourth down play after. Buuuut: Rule 4 Section 7 Article 4 says "ARTICLE 4. REPLAY REVIEW INSIDE ONE MINUTE OF EITHER HALF. If a replay review inside of one minute of either half results in the on-field ruling being reversed and the correct ruling would not have stopped the game clock, then the officials will run 10 seconds off the game clock before permitting the ball to be put in play on the ready-for-play signal."
Yeah... they're gonna pretend like the clock didn't stop (which it did, because there's a review) and waste an arbitrary length of time that feels commensurate with what would have happened if they hadn't jiggered the call in the first place :scratch: THAT'S FUCKIN' DUMB!!!

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:40 pm 

I was mostly pissed off about that because I have Golden Tate on my fantasy team, and I ended up losing by five points. :lol:

~Guest 58624
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:59 am 

Just found this pretty entertaining read about the Patriots:

Why Your Team Sucks 2017: The New England Patriots

The best part is the fan confessions:

- "For me, being a Patriots fan sometimes feels like being a nice German person post WW2. Like, I get why everyone automatically assumes I'm a piece of shit. But I'm not, I swear!"

- "After Tom Brady's suspension was confirmed last year, my Dad, a levelheaded white collar businessman, took to his brand new professional Twitter account to tweet 'Patriots Lives Matter.' I convinced him over the phone to delete his account."

- "They've literally made winning boring."

(Also, right on Panthers! :) )

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:07 pm 

Ottawa will forever remember this day as the Thanksgiving Miracle!Details here: https://www.cfl.ca/2017/10/07/redblacks ... ory-lions/

Trevor Harris returns from a separated shoulder to chuck up nearly 400 yards and 3 TDs passing... but it took a while! Redblacks were down 25-6 late in the third quarter, with BC Lions again controlling the ball after yet another Ottawa punt. But then:
- fumble deep in Lions' territory ----> Ottawa touchdown
- successful onside kickoff ----> Ottawa touchdown!
- great defensive stop, and next Ottawa possession ----> another dang ol' Ottawa touchdown which puts us in the lead, which we never relinquished - but almost did. A perfect punt pinned BC at their 9 yard line with a minute left, but Jennings & co charge down the field. The last-second winning score barely squeals through Bryan Burnham's fingers in the end zone, as Jonathan Rose heroically yanks it outta there :D
Once more I'll say it: y'all need to start watching Canadian football.

PS this inches Ottawa closer to clinching a playoff spot in the CFL's perenially halfassed East Division; and raises the hilarious prospect of the Ottawa Redblacks possibly becoming the first team in any sport ever to win back-to-back championships while posting losing regular season records :lol:

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:11 pm 

Looks like the Raiders are back to being shit already. :grumble:

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:11 am 

The ending to that Chiefs/Raiders game was absolutely unreal. Absolute classic.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:29 pm 

Good Lord! :eek: How many mulligans can a team get? And they were all legitimate penalties too.

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:25 pm 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
The ending to that Chiefs/Raiders game was absolutely unreal. Absolute classic.

I was so close to not even bothering with that game, but decided to watch anyway because I had nothing better to do. Probably the best game of the season so far though. Smith and Carr both looked great and the receivers really stepped up when they needed to. I think the fight for the AFC wild card spots is gonna get really interesting this year as there will be a ton of teams still in it deep into the season.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:24 am 

Due to basically the entire AFC being mired in mediocrity, even the Chargers are still in it after starting 0-4!

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 pm 

Man, no kidding. The Steelers are looking really shaky but thanks to every other team in the division being completely shit, our playoff berth is practically guaranteed at this point. That said, the team is once again placing way too much responsibility in Bell's hands. You can't win a superbowl with running game alone, and every big tackle is another chance for an injury.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121 ... 136  Next