Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:42 pm 

Hell yeah, Ronaldo won!

Being from Portugal, I gotta say this man is an inspiration!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:58 pm 

http://www.infowars.com/international-o ... ropaganda/

First, the good news. The Slovakian shirts, which were allowed to keep their national anthem lyrics as striping, look reaally cool! Good for them; and even moreso if they were pressured to remove it but told the IOC to fuck off. (I have no idea if that was ever an issue or not for the Slovaks.)

But uh... that other part. Can't put an image of the US Constitution on your goalie mask because it's "propaganda"??? That's just appalling. One step closer to just declaring nations competing to be "racist", and redoing the Olympics with Team Coke vs. Team Exxon or some shit.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:35 pm 

Idea for a Super Bowl drinking game: every time Peyton Manning says "Omaha!" while calling plays, take a drink.

Last edited by severzhavnost on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:20 am 

Well, lookie here!

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

Pippin_Took
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:18 pm 

^ They were selling those jerseys at the show in Silver Spring the other night. Cost around $100, but they're pretty cool!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:07 pm 

Some big matches in the EPL in the next 10 days, starting with tomorrow's Liverpool-Arsenal showdown. That's followed by Chelsea-Newcastle and the midweek Arsenal-ManU match. It's an anxious time for Wenger.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:01 pm 

Big derby in Portugal this sunday, Benfica vs Sporting. Should be exciting!

Pippin_Took
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:35 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Some big matches in the EPL in the next 10 days, starting with tomorrow's Liverpool-Arsenal showdown. That's followed by Chelsea-Newcastle and the midweek Arsenal-ManU match. It's an anxious time for Wenger.

Arsenal can't fail to score against Liverpool's leaky defence, but however good their own back five is I am expecting Suarez and Sturridge to score too. A 2-2 draw!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:41 am 

Pippin_Took wrote:
shouvince wrote:

Arsenal can't fail to score against Liverpool's leaky defence, but however good their own back five is I am expecting Suarez and Sturridge to score too. A 2-2 draw!

Mignolet is such an unpredictable keeper. He commits really silly errors and at times, he'll produce good saves. I hope the scoreline is more in favor of Arsenal! :nods:

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:23 pm 

5-1! Now THAT was unexpected!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:26 pm 

Unity wrote:
5-1! Now THAT was unexpected!

Yeah man, terrible play by Arsenal. The charm of the first half of the season is wearing off. I missed the match but caught the highlights online. Absolutely decimated at Anfield. Oh well.

Pippin_Took
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:40 pm 

Haha, so much for my prediction! Didn't see this coming at all. Liverpool mighty impressive though. In with a shout of the title do we reckon?

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:28 am 

Liverpool won't win the league. Their away form is way too inconsistent. It wouldn't surprise me if the next match, against bottom of the league Fulham resulted in dropped points. I think Arsenal will continue to slip away after this defeat, and the season will come down to City and Chelsea fighting for the league, with Arsenal and Liverpool competing with Spurs and Everton for fourth. United won't make the top 4.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 am 

^ Pretty much my prediction too. Arsenal are in for more buttrape with Bayern in 10 days. And since they usually rely on momentum, it looks like it's only going downhill from now onwards. Yesterday marked the day they lost the season. :panda:

MegaChaos666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:46 am 

Come on Arsenal!....and i didnt know there were gunners fan in this site

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:42 pm 

Fuck! Benfica vs Sporting just got postponed because of the wind!

MegaChaos666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:42 pm 

Can anyone tell me when Aaron Ramsey will come back ?

Pippin_Took
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:24 pm 

Haven't noticed any explicitly Arsenal fans myself... Ramsey I believe in another three weeks? In terms of the title, I think you're right Terri. Chelsea would be my bet to take it. Their defence was very shaky at the beginning of the season but their form in the last 10-12 games has been staggering. And whilst City are struggling without Aguero I think it's the stability of Fernandinho, and to some extent the creativity of Nasri, in their midfield *as well as* the loss of Aguero's goals that they are really missing at this point. Did not see the Norwich 0-0 coming at all.

Can't wait for the Champions League though, some amazing fixtures in the offing.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:00 am 

Pippin_Took wrote:
Haven't noticed any explicitly Arsenal fans myself

Well, I think I've been explicit about it in the past, but who the hell checks out the Sport thread on MA, right? ;) I have been supporting the Gunners for more than a decade now. Still dreaming to see the team perform consistently like they used to during the time of Bergkamp, Pires, Viera, Ljunberg, Henry, Overmars etc.

MegaChaos666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:23 am 

Ive also been suporting them for a decade and i saw them falling down many times,loosing;players or reaching the finals and losing(Birmingham), but hope they win this time.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:19 pm 

Well, the Pistons owner has proven that he has no idea what he is doing.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:05 am 

Stoked with Liverpool's result this morning, good to see us grinding out results when we're not at our best. Few of the top teams dropping more points also, getting very tight up the top of the EPL table!

Pippin_Took
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:59 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Pippin_Took wrote:
Haven't noticed any explicitly Arsenal fans myself

Well, I think I've been explicit about it in the past, but who the hell checks out the Sport thread on MA, right? ;) I have been supporting the Gunners for more than a decade now. Still dreaming to see the team perform consistently like they used to during the time of Bergkamp, Pires, Viera, Ljunberg, Henry, Overmars etc.

Oops, my bad! I have spent almost no time in here, I keep forgetting it exists. I'm a lapsed Chelsea fan. Started supporting them in 1997 when they came down from 2-0 at half time to knock Liverpool out the cup 4-2. That era of Vialli, Di Matteo, Zola, Petrescu, etc was an awesome team to follow. I got bored with them in Mourinho's second season, and also around that time I went off to university and stopped watching the football each weekend. Now I watch as much as I can (streaming in the US only since I don't have cable here...) but am definitely a neutral. Not having a "hometown" team like many of my friends back home this feels the most honest way to enjoy it!

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:25 pm 

That's awesome. Di Matteo and Zola were legendary and I remember them quite distinctly from the good old days. I know I'm nitpicking but it seems like current Chelsea fans have no idea that football existed before 2005. And they're terribly jingoistic about "the one" and all that. It's very barf-inducing. But anyway, yeah, watching as a neutral makes you appreciate the quality of the game more.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:31 pm 

shouvince wrote:
And [Chelsea fans] are terribly jingoistic about "the one" and all that. It's very barf-inducing. But anyway, yeah, watching as a neutral makes you appreciate the quality of the game more.

Good point with that last line. Fans see their team win, and say "that was a great game", even if it was desperately dull. But I must ask, what are you talking about in that jab at Chelsea fans? (Not meaning to defend them; I'm a Liverpool man myself.)

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:36 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
But I must ask, what are you talking about in that jab at Chelsea fans? (Not meaning to defend them; I'm a Liverpool man myself.)

Ah well, I guess it depends on your circle of friends or their extensions. Social media is full of that crap. A search of terms like 'special', 'one', 'jose' or something along those lines will reveal posts that treat Mourinho's arrival (back then and also recently) as the second coming. He's a good manager but too much hullabaloo around it.

Pippin_Took
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:42 pm 

The cult of Jose is getting a bit out of hand. Not helped by the UK media consistently failing to call him on his bullshit. Honestly, I found him pretty entertaining when he was here initially but by this point his petulance and hypocrisy (even by the standard of football managers!) just irritates me. And yeah, watching City vs Chelsea today, and kinda pleased to see City 1-0 ahead!

Funeral Frog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:16 pm 

Here we come, Sweden!!

Wintermute (black metal, death metal, dark ambient)
https://wintermuteband.bandcamp.com/album/wolven

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:57 pm 

^Good luck Canada in your Hockey gold medal quest. Last match was dissappointing, from an American fan, but lets face it...Canada losing to the US in hockey would be like the US losing to Canada in Basketball, i.e. it would be kinda embarrassing. I think you guys got this.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 pm 

The game is at 7:00 tomorrow! Go Canada!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:09 am 

Rabbitohs won the Charity Shield in the NRL without some big players
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 am 

Kinda stoked to see Canada win the Hockey championship. It is only fitting- you guys practically invented the sport. (and it takes some of the sting about the US losing to them, but honestly, Saturday's performance by the US was pretty abysmal.)

And I'm kinda stoked to see an Earnhardt win the Daytona 500, too.

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 am 

Hoping the Irons come home again this week

Was a bit worried earlier in the season haha
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:11 pm 

Good lord. I've never gone to witness in person, my Senators get slapped around that dreadfully. At least the ticket was free!

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:38 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Good lord. I've never gone to witness in person, my Senators get slapped around that dreadfully. At least the ticket was free!

6 - 1..... Ouch!

I know what it is like to have your team get slapped around :( My rugby league team of whom me and my father are diehard fans of last won a grand final in 1971. I was born in 1986. They were top of the table in 1989 but were bundled out in the finals, and I was too young to remember

In 2007 we made it to the finals for the first time since 1989, and were smashed by a bitter rival. In 2012 and 2013 we were 1 game away from making the grand final and failed both times. The latter most heart breaking, since we were winning 16 - 0 in the first half :(

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:55 pm 

That's an odd coincidence. My hockey team has also only made the final once in my lifetime, in 2007. And their last championship was many years before I was born too! In our defence, we didn't have a major league team for the preceding 5 decades. Still, it feels like our cities should be twinned :p

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:33 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
That's an odd coincidence. My hockey team has also only made the final once in my lifetime, in 2007. And their last championship was many years before I was born too! In our defence, we didn't have a major league team for the preceding 5 decades. Still, it feels like our cities should be twinned :p

haha We have won 20 grand competitions since 1908 (the most by any team ever in the competition) but it has been a long long time :lol:

I actually live 6 or 7 hours from the city, in a small-ish town (8000 or so), so technically we can't be twinned haha My dad has been a supporter since the 50s and I was born a supporter

Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:56 pm 

A little history of why I love this team. I'll post in a spoiler to keep from spamming

Spoiler: show
The Rabbitohs' traditional heartland covers the once typically working-class suburbs of inner-south and south-eastern Sydney, however they have long held a wide supporter base spread all over New South Wales. The team's home ground is currently ANZ Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park. In the New South Wales Rugby League (1908–1994), Australian Rugby League (1995–1997), and National Rugby League (1998–present) competitions South Sydney are the most successful professional team in the history of Australian rugby league in terms of total championships won, having claimed 20 first grade premierships. However, the last of these was won in 1971.

The most famous story of how the club got the "Rabbitohs" nickname comes from their rugby union days at the turn of the 20th century. During that period, players wearing their cardinal red and myrtle green football jumpers, earned some extra money on Saturday mornings by hawking rabbits around the district with the traditional cry of "Rabbitoh!" echoing through the narrow streets. As they made a sale, they would sling the bunny from their shoulder and skin it on the spot, inevitably accumulating some of the fur and blood on their jerseys as they did so. When they played in those blood stained jumpers that afternoon, opponents from wealthier rugby clubs did not always appreciate the aroma and would mockingly repeat the "Rabbitoh!" cry :lol:

"The miracle of '55" was an epic fight in which the Rabbitohs won 11 virtual sudden-death matches in a row to steal the premiership. After the first match of the second round they had been equal second last on the ladder. In their incredible run home they came from behind in no less than five matches to win and earn themselves fourth spot and a place in the semi-finals. They beat Manly 14-12 in a desperate semi-final. They were down 14-11 in the final against St. George when in the dying minutes a try by winger Ian Moir and a pressure goal kicked by Bernie Purcell got them home. The grand final against Newtown was a fitting finale after such a season. Newtown led 11-7 with six minutes to go. But the never-say-die Souths scrambled a try to halfback, Col Donohoe and converted it through Purcell to complete the fairytale with a 12-11 last gasp victory

Souths was a team of plenty of courage and that was highlighted by captain John Sattler in the 1970 grand final when in the early minutes he was "king-hit" late and unexpectedly by Manly prop John Bucknall. The hit broke Sattler's jaw but he continued to play on for the full match(70+ minutes) and to inspirationally lead by example.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:53 pm 

Big day in the NHL. Aleš Hemsky to Ottawa. Yayyy!!! Finally another player who can piss around with the puck at the same level as Spezza! Games we used to lose 4-3, we'll now win 6-5 in the shootout. Defence? Who needs it?!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:04 pm 

Hemsky? lolll.

Tomas Vanek! Fuck yeah!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 136  Next