Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Unholy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:30 am 

The strangest dream I had involved me walking on the most vibrant green hills until I came across a road made from black glass. As I walked it, I found my thoughts drifting to the people I knew, and as I thought of them their thoughts began to roll under me it the form of words (think the opening in any Star Wars movie). Eventually, I came across what appeared to be a large clock tower, but upon entering I found it to be a great library that stretched as far as I could see. After walking for what felt like miles I eventually came across a table, where a creature that looks like a shadowy elf sat and we discussed world religion. Eventually, he told me I was going to wake up... And I did.

Certainly no strange sex dream involving goats or multiple penises, but still strange none the less.

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:29 am 

About 5 months ago I had a dream where I was sitting in class and I got called to the deans office, the dean then lead me into a room with concrete walls and ceiling(not painted), a small tv and a chair. I sit in the chair and start watching the snuff movies that come on the tv and realize that my family is there watching the snuff movies with me, they are smiling but their mouths and teeth are big and disproportional to the rest of their faces. Confused, I watched videos of people climbing up trees while other people shot at them, another where someone had their eyes gouged out and was dismembered, there was one other where someone hacked up a baby with a butcher knife at which point my family started laughing hysterically. I then got very angry and hacked at the tv with an axe and all the bodies from the people who died fell out.

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:44 am 

I had a dream where real life was actually a long dream. I woke up in some kind of green jungle-like earth then I did primitive daily life stuff there.

Pravy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:08 pm 

Last night I dreamed that all the Presidential candidates were pieces of boneless buffalo chicken and could still talk.

NeglectedField
Onwards to Camulodunum!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:47 pm 

I've had an endless amount, that I wish I'd noted. Of the few I have/remember:

-Me being in an abandoned Spaghetti Western bar, Bob Marley telling me I have a seriously high cholestrol whilst my (maternal) relatives weep and console eachother.

-I'm in this small town nearby where my dad points out this jet black plume in the distance, and it turns out these huge ferries are driving their way in land and wrecking everything in their path. It was like something I'd hear in a Current 93 song, but then the fucking Titanic appears and goes "raaaar" like a really deep roar, so I jump into this invisible hole on these train tracks where I find myself in a room forced to compile photo albums, supervised by Jon Voight.

-Finding myself in a Latvian folk music workshop with no prior knowledge, but just about winging it

-Living in an apartment and being too scared to take the stairs to spare myself the sight of the aftermath of someone's head exploding

-I had two cats. One was epileptic and the other kept pouncing on me and clawing me out of objection to something I was doing.

-At the airport to get on a plane to Wacken, and these security guards doubling up as cleaners and bartenders and whatnot are communicating on their walkie talkies whilst looking at me suspiciously.

I often have dreams about plane crashes in the vicinity and catastrophic natural disasters.

BlindTortureKill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:51 pm 

I remember a less disgusting one:

It started at my old elementary school, apparantly I was back in kindergarten.
The bell rang and we got to go home, hundreds of kids stormed the hallway. I pushed, punched and kicked my way to the exit.
But when I got out, suddenly everyone was gone, the houses and buildings where still there, but the whole town was deserted.

So I fly home with incredible speed using my rocket boots, (somehow that made perfect sence to me) but when I get to my street, I fall and suddenly i'm wearing an astronaut suit without a helmet.
Then I notice i'm on the dark side of the moon, together with the street I live in, but the rest of my town is gone.
So I hold my breath and start walking, but I can only move in super-slow motion as if i'm under water.
I start jumping instead, and leap hundreds of feet into the air, but only advance a few inches each time I come down.

It took ages to get to my front door and when I open the door I fall through a tunnel, which is actually a hallway with old men sitting on benches on the walls.

DrOctavia
Do Dark Horses Dream of Nightmares?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:59 pm 

I remember a kind of odd, seemingly pointless dream I had where the interior of my high school seemed to be filled with water, and when I entered the classroom everyone was on the ceiling, desks and all, and looking at me like I was doing something distinctly weird/wrong by being the only thing standing on the floor.

Oh yeah, I remember only one part of another dream (the most unpleasant part, of course). Basically my teeth were too large for my head -- they were massive and overlapping -- and whenever I moved my jaw even slightly they ground together until they eventually shattered. :ugh:

In the heat and the rain, with the whips and chains
To see him fly, so many die
We built a tower of stone, with our flesh and bone
Just to see him fly, but we don't know why
Now where do we go?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:08 pm 

I was sick last year after finishing The Stand, and kept having alternate versions of the ending floating around in my head.

I also once had a dream that I was put on probation for my volunteer job at the hospital for wearing jeans. I don't even get paid for it. :lol:

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:15 pm 

Right, mine was like a waking dream... a halucination if you will. I'd gotten stoned from the first time in ages and after going to bed I woke up and felt as if I had fangs. I couldn't see them but I could feel them, I was in my bathroom getting really distraught, I didn't want to be a Vampire!

wiseman112793
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:16 pm 

the dream were i got recueted by the army (NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO)and got sent to canada i found the lead singer of evensence (wtf i dont even like that band)with a bunch of wolfs and they took me up to montral so i chould find my girlfrend that was going to some cathlic school and yeah that was wired than i had to deffend canada from the nazis , very wired

InfernoNecrosis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:18 pm 

wiseman112793 wrote:
the dream were i got recueted by the army (NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO)and got sent to canada i found the lead singer of evensence (wtf i dont even like that band)with a bunch of wolfs and they took me up to montral so i chould find my girlfrend that was going to some cathlic school and yeah that was wired than i had to deffend canada from the nazis , very wired

That is very wtf-worthy indeed :lol:

RelentlessEwok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:19 pm 

wiseman112793 wrote:

Wired? : /

NeglectedField
Onwards to Camulodunum!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:35 pm 

Maybe he had caffeine in his dream? Who knows...

Cryptwatcher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:45 pm 

Haha, fun idea for a thread.

I recall a dream a bit back of me and my friends just walking around this like line of stores. (called the loop) We were just walking around then all of a sudden some Italian came out of this Italian restraunt (racist, I know) across the street from us and started shooting at us with a machine gun. My friends hid behind a knocked down table, and I then just noticed they had military helmets on. One of the yells like a military guy "Get back to the choppa!" and we all just started running to this random helicopter, while shooting at all of the Italian gangsters running out of the store, and we took off on the helicopter. Then I woke up. That was real confusing.

SludgeMetalHead983
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:03 pm 

hahaha awesome posts guys, this is looking up to be a great thread. your dreams make me laugh! i shall feast off of their hilarity!

Quote:
Tin foil hats on!

foz45139
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:04 pm 

When I was about 5, I had a dream that I ran into my house and there was a huge purple spider about as tall as the ceiling. It was talking to me, but I can't remember what it said. Then it did this huge evil laugh, and it ate me. That was when I woke up.

It scared me so much that I can picture it even to this day. Funnily enough, it is the only memory I have of that house, because we moved out soon after (not because of the dream :lol:).
Once I was done throwing up I had to take another shit. Again it was diarrhea! While diarrhea was coming out of my ass I began to throw up. This fucking sucked! If only I had some Disgorge playing it might not have sucked ass much.

aChapo
Token Jew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:26 pm 

Has anyone ever had any haunting dreams?

Two night ago I had one. I kept on hearing voices, and even if I was awake, I heard them, and I woke up (everything before was a dream), and it repeated again and again and again, until i really woke up, washed my face, and still, when I went to bed, I heard tons of voices.

It's not the first time either.

foz45139
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:28 pm 

aChapo wrote:

No, and I'm pretty fucking glad after that description.
Once I was done throwing up I had to take another shit. Again it was diarrhea! While diarrhea was coming out of my ass I began to throw up. This fucking sucked! If only I had some Disgorge playing it might not have sucked ass much.

aChapo
Token Jew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:45 pm 

foz45139 wrote:
aChapo wrote:

The voices are not evil/scary, they are just loud, so I guess it's all good.

Why...So...Serious?

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:46 pm 

This was my post in the old dream thread we had a while back:

Quote:
I will try to reproduce this as best as possible.

I find myself plunged into a strange, water covered world, where there is an end less sea and nothing in sight. My physical form seemed to be that of a floating speck of light, twinkling like a star. I witnessed a war between what looked like humanoid species with technological advancements enough to keep them alive in this waterworld, with warships and other devices for combat, and aberrant sea creatures of all species. Massive sharks attacking ships and swallowing them whole, devouring the men aboard. Great tentacled beasts that I can't rightly describe in my memory, pre-historic looking fish with spines and all sorts of other alien creatures. I was like a spectator in this event to hold dominance of the evolution of the planet, and it definitely looked like the humanoids were losing. That was only part one of the dream.

I traveled the vast depths of the planet ocean and came across an abyssal fortress deep under the water. Odd shapes and angles, nothing remotely human about it. I traveled in still in my light body to see what it was. The walls seemed to go on forever, and were covered in very odd and intricate patterns, something reminding me of a hybrid between Giger and Lovecraftian descript. Halls in every direction, endless rooms. My journey through the place seemed to go on forever until I hit what I can only call the nucleus of the alien construct. There was a pit of tentacles in a domed room, which I traveled down into. I plunged deep within the bed of squirming mass, kept going and going until I could not stop. As I was flying through this universe of flesh, I could glimpse outlines of stars and planets, and it made me realize I was crossing over into another dimension through the portal of tentacles. I didn't stop though, and in my travel I could recall myself being taken to many strange places, seeing an assortment of equally strange things. My last memory of the dream before finding myself to be awoke in the real world was of a great pair of eyes off into the blackness of space.

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:55 pm 

awesome, I wish I would dream like that

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

Germz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:56 pm 

afta my father died...i dreamt he died again ....

foz45139
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:15 pm 

aChapo wrote:
foz45139 wrote:
aChapo wrote:

The voices are not evil/scary, they are just loud, so I guess it's all good.

Why...So...Serious?

:lol: I wasn't being serious. I guess I should have put ':lol:' or ':P' at the end.

OK, it's all good then. ;)

MercyfulSatyr
Coelacanthine Cadaver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:23 pm 

rexxz wrote:
Odd shapes and angles, nothing remotely human about it.

Interesting... this dream was in an aquatic world, while that description sounds like R'lyeh, which is also underwater. How recently had you read The Call of Cthulu, etc. before that dream?

Anyway, I've got another weird dream that happened when I was about seven, right after my first dog died.

I was in my bed when I heard a black metal-like shriek coming from the attic. So I got up and started heading up the attic stairs when I notice my dad with a very large knife, maybe a machete, thrust into his mouth and coming out through the back of his skull. The stairs around him were covered with extreme amounts of gore.

I got all the way up the stairs when I saw my mother in the process of being decapitated... by my dog. The dog dropped my mother as blood and guts spewed out of her carcass, and saw me. He got up on two legs and started walking toward me with another knife, threatening me in this seriously demonic and frightening voice. He thrust the knife into my eye with incredible force, and as I was about to die, I woke up.

Keep in mind this happened when I was seven, and I had never heard of any music other than certain reggae and pop artists, and had never seen anything other than animated Disney movies. I had absolutely no real-life experience that could have possibly influenced this dream.

caspian wrote:
mercyfulsatyr: easily the most humble man on the board.

My reviews.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:25 pm 

MercyfulSatyr wrote:
rexxz wrote:
Odd shapes and angles, nothing remotely human about it.

Interesting... this dream was in an aquatic world, while that description sounds like R'lyeh, which is also underwater. How recently had you read The Call of Cthulu, etc. before that dream?

Well, I have read the story before the dream took place, that is for certain. How long before, I can not tell. That dream is a couple of years old but I remember it very vividly.

It was absolutely enthralling though, I sometimes think about it during the day and try to re-capture the entire event, it was so surreal.

wiseman112793
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:48 pm 

NeglectedField wrote:
Maybe he had caffeine in his dream? Who knows...
DAMNED C*** DAMNED B*** DAMNED EX-GIRLFIERND

RelentlessEwok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:09 pm 

Has anyone else ever been sound asleep, with no dreams then out of no where you have a small dream where you're walking and you just trip, and you body totally flips out in bed and you wake up?

Germz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:12 pm 

RelentlessEwok wrote:
Has anyone else ever been sound asleep, with no dreams then out of no where you have a small dream where you're walking and you just trip, and you body totally flips out in bed and you wake up?

my fucking god...dat feeling suckx...

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:49 pm 

RelentlessEwok wrote:

I have, and I think it's pretty fun. I always wake up smiling when that happens hehe

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
Some cultures radiate "I peaked in high school" energy, metal culture radiates "I peaked when somebody else peaked in high school" energy.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:58 pm 

Had this one a few weeks ago. It started out weird, but I can't remember the beginning-however, I ended up at a house party at some fancy, rich person's house, except somehow all the equipment and workers from my job (I work at a custard/burger place) ended up there. We were going around, making food and stuff when we got a call-in (which our store takes in real life) from some old lady ordering a "mog knight" shake (and yes, I had played final fantasy tactics before going to bed.) The guy taking the call didn't know what the hell that was, which caused her to cuss him out in a rather un-oldladylike fashion. Eventually they got it straightened out and asked me to make it-so I had to ask the manager, who told me it was made out of muffins, mocha syrup, and swamp essence. I went to making that when I walk past a glass door next to several large windows which look outside, which had a large forest with an industrial complex nearby. A mechanical lift was going up and down from ground level to below ground, and on one of the up-trips the old lady comes up. She's about to walk inside when she has a heart attack and passes out. Myself, as well as several friends and my dad (who all showed up out of nowhere) race outside and try to revive her with no luck. All a bit depressed by her death, we go back inside and start working again only to have her get back up and stroll inside, then cuss us out again for not making her shake in time.

Weird. :P

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:20 pm 

RelentlessEwok wrote:

Oh my God, Yes! Except I would be climbing some stairs instead. They're funny, but fucking scary at the moment.

Gorgo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:50 pm 

Just remembered this dream I had once: I was in my garden with an old man as a kid (probably 8 years ol or so) and he showed with his stick how space figures from LEGO were flying around in my garden, probably my coolest dream ever.

http://www.myspace.com/onrust1
"Acoustic music"

Leify
A Whisper of Death

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:58 pm 

I once dreamt that my generation maintained its integrity.

I once dreamt that Master of Puppets was stuck in a loop on 'MASTER! MASTER!'

I once dreamt that I fought Godzilla in the middle of Tokyo.

JesusShaves5643
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:35 pm 

Not to derail the thread, but has anyone ever lucid dreamed before? If so, then please talk about it! :)
Alocer7138r wrote:
Who wrote the songs on old slayer albums?

Slayer.

KhazaDDooM
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:24 am 

I remember very clearly a dream in which I was Harry Potter.Me (being Harry,of course) and Hermione travelled deep into the Forbidden Forest,where I proceeded to stick my not erect penis into Hermione's left ear.Shortly after ejaculation a centaur joined in,though sticking his hoof in her bellybutton.After that me and Lord Voldemort in a circle of people,performed a sex ritual similar to that seen in The Da Vinci Code.
This dream occured the same night I watched one of the Harry Potter movies with my girlfriend.Apparently I made some strange remarks out loud while asleep.

Affliction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:06 am 

JesusShaves5643 wrote:
Not to derail the thread, but has anyone ever lucid dreamed before? If so, then please talk about it! :)

Just the other night I had my first, I woke up soon after I realized I was dreaming though, so hopefully I can get better at that. I'm also slowly making progress with astral projection.

The strangest dreams I have ever had were one which turned into claymation and another about apple-picking robots at my high school.

The_Boss
Set Abominae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:21 am 

Ok so this is really fucking weird, I can barely remember it but whatever.

So it was night time and I went into my house and my (female) friend snuck into my room and we were waiting for my parents to go to sleep for obvious reasons. But every time something started to happen something would happen to prevent it. So they finally ended up going to sleep but this weird old black man with a scraggly beard came into my room as we started doing stuff.

We were sitting back to back and she kept trying to reach around to jerk me off or whatever but I kept getting fatter and fatter and she kept complaining that she couldn't reach. All the while this old black guy is walking in cirlces talking to us. I'm like, "dude get the fuck outta here" as I'm still getting fatter.

Anyway we both just jumped up and ran out the door and drove downtown to this venue where I go to all the concerts and it was dirty and smelly. I ended up meeting another one of my hot friends but she slapped me for some reason and that's when I woke up.

Weird...

PseudoGoatKill
High Priest(ess) of the Order

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:43 am 

I keep having reoccurring dreams in which...

1. I'm in a car with somebody, and they always drive off a cliff, or into a body of water.

or

2. Somebody I know brutally murders me.

lately I've been having bizarre reoccurring dreams in which I'm running.

JesusShaves5643
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:46 am 

KhazaDDooM wrote:
I remember very clearly a dream in which I was Harry Potter.Me (being Harry,of course) and Hermione travelled deep into the Forbidden Forest,where I proceeded to stick my not erect penis into Hermione's left ear.Shortly after ejaculation a centaur joined in,though sticking his hoof in her bellybutton.After that me and Lord Voldemort in a circle of people,performed a sex ritual similar to that seen in The Da Vinci Code.
This dream occured the same night I watched one of the Harry Potter movies with my girlfriend.Apparently I made some strange remarks out loud while asleep.

You watch too much Family Guy. That show is fucking bollocks.
Alocer7138r wrote:
Who wrote the songs on old slayer albums?

Slayer.

b0rnt0k1ll
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:43 am 

I have dreams all the time but I usually forget what they were about as soon as I wake up, the only weird dream I can really remember is that Jon Irenicus from Baldurs Gate was talking to me then decided to kill me.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38  Next