Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 6:50 pm 

EASTERN CONFERENCE

New York Rangers (1st in Metropolitan Division) vs. Florida Panthers (1st in Atlantic Division)
The Florida Panthers are aiming to make the Stanley Cup Final for the second season in a row. However, in the Eastern Conference Final, they will face the New York Rangers, who had the best record in the regular season. This marks only the second time that the Rangers and Panthers have met in the playoffs, with the only other previous meeting being in 1996-97, when the Rangers beat the Panthers in the first round four games to one. The Rangers last made the Stanley Cup Final in 2013-14, when they were defeated by the Los Angeles Kings in five games. The Rangers and Panthers met in the regular season three times, with Florida winning two of the three meetings.
Prediction: New York in six games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Dallas Stars (1st in Central Division) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2nd in Pacific Division)
The Edmonton Oilers were victorious over the Vancouver Canucks in what was the only seven game series of the second round. Six of the seven games were decided by one goal (Edmonton won the sixth game of the series by a 5-1 score in the only game decided by more than one goal. The Stars and Oilers have met in the playoffs eight times so far (including to when Dallas was located in Minnesota and known as the Minnesota North Stars), with Dallas winning six of the meetings, including the most recent one in 2002-03. Dallas won two of the three regular season meetings against Edmonton.
Prediction: Edmonton in seven games.

pyratebastard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 10:33 am 

Well, the Rangers are the only team of these I predicted would make it to the third, and I predicted they'd lose to the Bruins.

I think the Oilers and the Rangers will end up in the Finals. I don't think either of these matchups will be easy, though, and I predict they'll both go the full seven.

Purveyor of absolute bastardry.

Only_Perception wrote:
I guess most people here are just standard copy pastes more concerned with defending the honor of celebrities than thinking about music.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 4:29 pm 

Everyone except for Edmonton were in my bracket at this point. I'm wishing for DAL - FLA Finals with the Panthers winning it all.

Reply to topic