Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:57 am 

Lane wrote:
I'm a lager man. I like it mild. I do not like sour beer. Radler is good stuff too.

Thanx for your feedback. I've read that Finnish people like some sausages with their beer which sounds pretty damn good to me.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:26 pm 

Used to like Belgian and trappist beer, but I find it's too sugary for me now, and I don't really need a beer to be like 9% anymore either. Duvel, Chimay, Delirium Tremens and the like, had some at christmas for the first time in years, and just found it hard to drink.

I like ales, but the dark ones give me terrific headaches, doom bar is the only one I seem to be able to get away with having a session on, but if I'm just having one or two at a pub, I'll try an ale I've not had before, otherwise just a Heineken. It's what I have the most, never had a taste for it until it was the first beer I had after quitting drinking for like 8 months a few years ago (can't recall why now)- I drank the nonalcoholic ones for a while during that time so made sense to try the real thing when I started drinking again. I also get these cheap ones from the supermarket - 10 250ml cheap french lagers just under 4% for £4, they do the job if I fancy a beer. Can't say I drink a great deal anymore, I rarely go out and not a fan of drinking alone unless I've had a godawful week - I love whisky too, and bought myself three nice bottles when I got a new job about a year ago, still got like 1/4 of one and 3/4 of another left.

IPAs I've always been on the fence with, some I really like, but most of them just taste like citrusy spit. IDK if it's as much a thing in the states but in the supermarkets here if you want anything different from the chain beers, the niche ones are always stupid shit like marshmallow flavour beer or 12% stuff with a skull on the label called something like devil wizard quadruple IPA.

j_bentley12885
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:05 pm 

Just finished off a four pack of Founders Headless Gourdsman ale I picked up weeks and weeks ago. Not bad but it had a bit too much raisin flavor to it. I liked it but don't see myself getting this again. Even if it is strong as hell at 13.1%.

thehawksfuckingdead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:41 am 

The only beer I can buy here are Flag Special and Casablanca. Other beers are so damn expensive for me heh.

deadtome
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:16 pm 

I have discovered that I like sour's quite a bit.

ALso agree a beer doesn't really need to be (FOR ME) such a high percent.

Cendelence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:24 am 

I like to drink a sour and then something lighter like a lager.

motorsport
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:10 am 

I've worked at a liquor store for the last year and a bit. I've gone from "not liking beer"/only ever drinking MGD if it was the only thing there to becoming the store's beer captain haha.

Pale lagers and pilsners are still my favourite, but I like the low-bitter ales, too. Top 6 right now for me are probably:

1. Hacker-Pschorr Keller Bier - 5.5% Unfiltered lager
2. Innis & Gunn Original - 6.6% Cask-aged golden ale
3. Stiegl Goldbrau - 4.9% pilsner-style lager
4. Harp - 5% golden lager brewed by Guinness
5. Budweiser - I guess it really depends on where it's made, but I get the stuff brewed in London at the Labatt plant and it goes down easy and inoffensively and (unlike Bud Light) has some fizz to it. And the rice gives it notes of rice krispies for me.
6. Moosehead Cracked Canoe - 3% Light lager

I've also really enjoyed the Pumpkin ales made by some of our local brewers. Great Lakes Brewery and Lake of Bays in particular.

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:51 am 

I love sour beers. A lot of the craft breweries around me specialized in them. I keep going back to Blood Brothers Brewing Paradise Lost Guava Sour and Bellwoods Brewery Donkey Venom (Barrel Aged Dark Sour).

j_bentley12885
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:25 pm 

Southern Tier Old Man Winter Ale is back on the shelves. Decent, dark, malty ale.

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:26 pm 

j_bentley12885 wrote:
Southern Tier Old Man Winter Ale is back on the shelves. Decent, dark, malty ale.

Southern Tier is a brand that I miss up here. We used to get them a number of years ago but for some reason the import of them stopped. Always loved the having Pumking Imperial Pumpkin Ale around this time of year.

j_bentley12885
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:12 pm 

herra_af_lik wrote:
Southern Tier is a brand that I miss up here. We used to get them a number of years ago but for some reason the import of them stopped. Always loved the having Pumking Imperial Pumpkin Ale around this time of year.

Many years back, before I got tired of pumpkin spice everything, Pumpking was one of my favorites too. Always a bummer when the imports disappear. Beamish, Bass, and whoever made/makes Hobgoblin seem to have vanished from my area. Even stuff that isn't imported seems to not be making it out my way anymore. Bell's Best Brown Ale and Flying Dog Woody Creek come to mind.

Ritz11
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:22 am 

Hi,
I was randomly scrolling and saw the topic BEER, So dropped by..

I like the strong ones like Kingfisher Strong, Tuborg, Budweiser. Didn't try a lot of variety but these are the ones I mostly prefer

Benedict Donald
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:32 pm 

j_bentley12885 wrote:

Yes, good to see the winter beers hitting the shelves.

Picked up two of my favs this weekend:
Victory's "Merry Monkey"
Troeg's "Mad Elf"

Both ales are highly recommended.

herra_af_lik
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:45 pm 

j_bentley12885 wrote:
Many years back, before I got tired of pumpkin spice everything, Pumpking was one of my favorites too. Always a bummer when the imports disappear. Beamish, Bass, and whoever made/makes Hobgoblin seem to have vanished from my area. Even stuff that isn't imported seems to not be making it out my way anymore. Bell's Best Brown Ale and Flying Dog Woody Creek come to mind.

Yeah, I'm pretty much over pumpkin beers. I would buy a bottle or two of Pumking if I could get ahold of them. Wychwood Brewery makes Hobgoblin. Which is a brewery located in Oxfordshire, UK. I still see Hobgoblin and some other variants on the shelves where I live. The one I miss the most is Shipyard Brewing's Smashed Blueberry Ale. I was so annoyed when we stopped getting the imports. That was one of my top go to beers.

lrrlh_larlwm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:34 am 

I see a lot of people here mentioning IPAs as some sort of standard brew choice. I don't know where y'all from but if it really is that mainstream of a brew style there I might need to start checking for rent prices in your area, because here in Greece every other commercial beer is either a lager or a pilsner. I'm not saying I do not enjoy such or that you cannot easily find ales or stouts for example but it's not common that you find them in places that aren't supermarkets or places specifically for beer. However, in my defense, there are some amazing local brews I've tried so I cannot really complain.

Dr_Funf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:31 am 

Ales in general. Traditional ales are the best for me, and there are so many to choose from (one of the few good things about living in the UK). I tend to drink amber ones the most (I love dark ales and stouts, but they tend to make me feel a bit ill).

IPAs are very hit-or-miss, but there is one called Jaipur that I really like. Otherwise, Belgian beers are good. Not too keen on lager unless it's a good dark one, like a nice German dunkel, but usually I find lagers to be too gassy.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:57 am 

j_bentley12885 wrote:
herra_af_lik wrote:

I used to love Beamish. I thought it was better than Guinness and Murphy's. Heineken bought them years ago and then stopped importing it to the US, which sucks.

lrrlh_larlwm wrote:
I see a lot of people here mentioning IPAs as some sort of standard brew choice. I don't know where y'all from but if it really is that mainstream of a brew style there I might need to start checking for rent prices in your area, because here in Greece every other commercial beer is either a lager or a pilsner. I'm not saying I do not enjoy such or that you cannot easily find ales or stouts for example but it's not common that you find them in places that aren't supermarkets or places specifically for beer. However, in my defense, there are some amazing local brews I've tried so I cannot really complain.

In the US, IPAs seem to be everywhere and they are pretty much part of the standard offerings of most craft brewers unless they are a specifically a lager brewer or have some sort of anti-IPA stance.

pyratebastard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:33 pm 

lrrlh_larlwm wrote:
I see a lot of people here mentioning IPAs as some sort of standard brew choice. I don't know where y'all from...

IPAs exploded in popularity in the United States just over ten years ago. It should be no surprise that a large nation known for decades for the blandest pisswater you can find anywhere in the world - American light beer - found itself revolting into a period of extremely flavored beverages... even if those flavors aren't necessarily great.

Purveyor of absolute bastardry.

Only_Perception wrote:
I guess most people here are just standard copy pastes more concerned with defending the honor of celebrities than thinking about music.

wellgunde
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:43 pm 

hey there fellows

I'm a brewer, and honestly, is a ungratfull job but I wouldnt change for nothing in this world. I had huge influences to choose this patch by Champions League and it's sponsorship by Heineken. *GO RED DEVILS!*
then all that LOTR came with my folk metal phase and I though

maybe I can live like a dwarf for the rest of my life

well.. no. I don't think dwarfs had 12h shifts and a pain-in-the-ass boss telling ye how hazy the Pilsen, EVEN IF IS WATER CLEAN! I shaved my beard anyways. (wait no)
but I do think that is one of the most METAL professions there is. I love what I do =)
I got to release an authoral New England styled beer named Coven. I know I did create it but it's fcking GREAT! XD

frankallis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:19 am 

deadtome wrote:
What kind of beer do you dudes like??
Fancy bougie IPA's?
Dark bougie beers?
Bougie ass beers?
There are so many damn fancy ass beers out check out there and spendy too.

What's the consensus?? Bougie beer or just good ole beer?!

Preferences vary, but some enjoy fancy IPAs, others prefer dark beers. Ultimately, it's subjective. Bougie or traditional, it's about personal taste.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2