Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:59 pm 

InnesI wrote:
First World Cup we've qualified for in a while. Do we make it out of the group? I dunno, it's gonna be tough with South Korea, Germany and Mexico. I don't think we're out of a chance. After all we did manage to make sure neither the Netherlands or Italy made it to the world cup at all this year. But it won't be easy.

Looking at today's game I highly doubt that Germany will be a problem for you guys. I'm not a soccer/football fan at all, but if I had to, I'd be with Iceland as usual.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:02 pm 

Órale Mexico!

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:07 pm 

I'm not into football but I'm rotting for Switzerland. :)

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:08 pm 

Matyu wrote:
I'm rotting for Switzerland. :)

Metal :headbang:

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:14 pm 

Sorry! :lol:

I'm rooting for Switzerland!

Last edited by ~Guest 375103 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:18 pm 

Matyu wrote:
I'm rotting for Switzerland. :)

Br00dl :headbang:

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:08 pm 

Germany and Brazil didn't have the best starts for big favourites to win the tournament. I wonder if this means this tournament will be a lot more balanced than people expected or if it was bad luck or bad games by some of the stronger teams. It's only the first group games so far, anyway. Teams can remedy their mistakes in the next 2 games, although winnign the first game of a group usually makes it way more likely that you're gonna make the next round.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:13 am 

yesterday i finally had time to watch matches and saw most of the 3 matches. Not surprised about brazil - switzerland, brazil still has the same problems they had 4 years ago and switzerland is the kind of controlled focused team that they will struggle with.

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:43 am 

Brazil did not impress me at all, overrated team, no doubt. Go Switzerland!

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:52 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
InnesI wrote:
First World Cup we've qualified for in a while. Do we make it out of the group? I dunno, it's gonna be tough with South Korea, Germany and Mexico. I don't think we're out of a chance. After all we did manage to make sure neither the Netherlands or Italy made it to the world cup at all this year. But it won't be easy.

Looking at today's game I highly doubt that Germany will be a problem for you guys. I'm not a soccer/football fan at all, but if I had to, I'd be with Iceland as usual.

I think we will have huge problems with Germany. You guys are a few levels above us generally. From what I saw in the Germany/Mexico game the pace was very high and you also have dangerous attackers. We only have a chance if the tempo is slow and we get a penalty or a free kick in a good position. Our team lacks real offensive quality. For us it will be a big success just getting out of the group stage.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:26 am 

japan was colombia was a pretty interesting game. Even though colombia was a man down for the entire match i expected more from them based on how well they did 4 years ago. During the 2nd half they only had like 1 real chance.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:54 pm 

I don't follow Argentina at all, what are the predictions for Croatia v. Argentina here from forum users?

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:24 am 

I think Spain has played the best football so far but they need to fix some aspects as we watched in their first match(the best one so far).

Germany, Argentina and Brazil have been underwhelming but they have time to react. France was not so great so I don´t see so many team playing great football.

I Support Iceland and Iran, I hope they can do something good in this WC.

maZe2110
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:32 am 

Wow this has been one of the worst matches I've seen ANY team EVER playing. And we still won. I'm honestly embarassed by what we've seen today.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:39 am 

Just saw Portugal-Morocco and what a crap performance by us. If we want to go far in the tournament we'll have to do much better.

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:10 pm 

if Morocco had a decent striker the result would have been different for sure. Moroccos midfield outplayed Portugals easily.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:06 pm 

This was the first match I saw of Portugal since Euro 2016... can't say I was very impressed. Is this all we can do? Fernando Santos is such a trash manager. How he even was European champion is beyond understandable. Back when he coached clubs he managed the 3 biggest Portuguese clubs(Benfica, Sporting and Porto) and was fired out of every single one of them and the fans hated him. He ALWAYS got knocked out by lower division clubs and would make stupid excuses when his team lost 3-0 or 3-1 such as "I told the players not to concede any goals. What else could I do?"

Then he spent some years in Greece and eventually coached Greece as well.

It's like lady luck from Euro 2016 still hasn't abandoned us, but it will eventually.

The guy majored in electric engineering when he was young. He should have stuck to that career. It's not like he had an art degree. But hey, football pays better so I'm sure he's happy with his decision.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:31 am 

Unity wrote:
Just saw Portugal-Morocco and what a crap performance by us. If we want to go far in the tournament we'll have to do much better.

But Ronaldo is scoring goals each match so you have some hope. Plus I don´t see many great teams so you have some chances. Anayway, be careful with Iran, their defense is great and when they want to attack they know how to do it. Spain suffered a lot yesterday, the Persian team was better attacking that many people would have expected.

maZe2110
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:09 am 

Even worse is the fact that Iran is coached by Queiroz, who knows our team very well. We really have to improve because yesterday's match was an abomination by all acounts. Despite the goal, even Ronaldo played like shit. The only positive thing about the whole affair was Patrício, again. Saint Patrick, we will miss you at Sporting, but that's a whole other tale.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:59 am 

Denmark 1-1 Australia

So far both our goals have come from the VRA. Both legitimate, but if that's the best we can do then it's all over. We needed the win today and holy crap we had way more chances than we did against France, but couldn't convert any of them. Denmark also had plenty of chances to move into the winners circle, too. We played much better today, but with a loss and a draw, even a win against Peru might not be enough to see us through.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:16 pm 

It's unfortunate to see what happened to a great footballing nation of Argentina today, but Croatia deserved all their victory today. So strong midfielders, so good game plan. We knew that this Argentina team was terrible, but I was at least hoping for a draw with Croatia. It would be interesting to see the Iceland vs Nigeria match tomorrow. I am rooting for Iceland, but who know what will happen.

The Iran vs Spain match yesterday was interesting too. It sucks that Iran chose to defend since the beginning of the game. If only they chose attacking like they did after they conceded Diego Costa goal, they may have scored, and who knows, even won the game. But it will be a tough shot for the Portuguese in the next game.

maZe2110
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:52 pm 

If we keep playing like this, it's only a matter of time until we get smashed, even by a team such as Iran.

Argentina today was not really a shock. Croatia are very very strong, with some of the best midfielders and wingers around and Argentina just don't have a decent midfield nor quality side backs so it all came together like a puzzle. Despite that, Caballero's unbelievable mistake really took them down. Sampaoli has to be on drugs to make the decisions he does.

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:40 pm 

croatia has a real shot at getting to the semis thanks to the luck of their draw but i think they lack a killer striker to get to the final. They remind me of germany 8 years ago in that sense.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:00 am 

What we saw yesterday was the difference between a great team, which great players and a bunch of good players with no team, no playing style or strategy.

What happened is a logic consequence of not building a good team, and this problem is becoming chronic in Argentina.

Tanuki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:54 am 

Brazil, celebrating like they just won the world cup after getting one shitty goal against the group's underdog. I smell another crushing 7-1 humiliation on the horizon.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:14 am 

Exactly my thoughts! The Brazilian players are much too emotional. They cry when they win the game but also when they lose the game. They cry after scoring a goal but also after conceding a goal. They cry when they're getting fouled but also when they receive a yellow card themselves. It's just too much!

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Tanuki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 am 

You're absolutely right. Not to mention Neymar's appeal for a penalty was absurd, he turned into a fainting goat just from having his jersey brushed.

Besides some surprisingly underwhelming performances from Argentina (and Colombia to a lesser extent), I'd say your predictions are pretty spot on so far, kluseba

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:49 pm 

Why did Brazilians celebrate their win today as if they won the World Cup? I even heard a bunch of Brazilians singing loudly at a metro station today after the game. OK, I get it, they were happy they put behind their last two games of the 2014 World Cup, which as we all know, were a nightmare for Brazil; but this hysteria is a too much. They were the favourites to beat Costa Rica and no one is surprised they did so.

Oh boy, Belgium vs. Tunisia tomorrow. Last World Cup they faced each other was in 2002 and it was one of the WORST international football games I've ever seen in my life. I woke up at like 9am to watch that garbage. Let's hope they don't repeat that awful game again.

PorcupineOfDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 pm 

Why does every team I choose to support do badly :cry:

maZe2110
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:51 pm 

PorcupineOfDoom wrote:
Why does every team I choose to support do badly :cry:

You chose... poorly.

~Guest 375103
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:58 pm 

Today Switzerland made a decent performance vs Serbia. I hope they will keep up the good work.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:01 pm 

Festivus wrote:
Why did Brazilians celebrate their win today as if they won the World Cup? I even heard a bunch of Brazilians singing loudly at a metro station today after the game. OK, I get it, they were happy they put behind their last two games of the 2014 World Cup, which as we all know, were a nightmare for Brazil; but this hysteria is a too much. They were the favourites to beat Costa Rica and no one is surprised they did so.

Oh boy, Belgium vs. Tunisia tomorrow. Last World Cup they faced each other was in 2002 and it was one of the WORST international football games I've ever seen in my life. I woke up at like 9am to watch that garbage. Let's hope they don't repeat that awful game again.

Much has changed since 2002. Back then, Belgium was a piddling team who needed to play crappy boring style to avoid embarrassing themselves. Nowadays Belgium is ranked much higher and very capable of winning entertaining skilful games.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Liquid_Braino
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:13 am 

Dour mood in Reykjavik yesterday. I was in some sharwama joint and Leonard Cohen's Famous Blue Raincoat came on. A guy in full Iceland gear flipped out "what is this depressing shit!!!" he howled, slamming his fists on the table.
I went outside to see some woman blowing major chunks in the back of a cab. Good times?

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:08 pm 

Would love to see Sweden win, but don't want Germany to lose either. So maybe a draw.

PorcupineOfDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:17 pm 

Germany very, very jammy. Boateng owes Kroos a pint for saving his arse

kluseba

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:27 pm 

Germany played with heart and soul and even though it was a tough win, the victory was deserved. Head coach Joachim Löw made some great changes, putting Reus and Rudy in the starting line-up and giving Khedira and Özil a break. One thing one shouldn't forget though is that Sweden should have gotten a penalty and Boateng a red card in the first half.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:42 am 

An entertaining match that, Germany and Sweden. Fat German girls can still cheerfully dance polka in their national costumes.

Panama versus England today.

kluseba

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 am 

Quote:
Fat German girls can still cheerfully dance polka in their national costumes.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:01 pm 

Well, they drink a lot of beer and eat sausages, right? A stereotype, I know. But they have to get fat and beautiful somehow.

The Infamous Bastard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:58 pm 

Others were saying how good Japan played in their first match against Colombia. I missed watching that match. But watching their today's match against Senegal, they have exceeded my expectations. So many awesome chances to score, and they played really great against a physically stronger team.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next