Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
The_Spice_Must_Flow
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:38 am 

Anti Cimex is my favorite punk band, but since someone already mentioned them, I'll mention Antisect since they are really similar.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:19 am 

i was not surprised by the sound of the new antisect album. pretty good and like new amebix.

HaPoStaPu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:17 am 

Crust/grind, Extreme Noise Terror, early Napalm Death and Carcass, Heresy, Ripcord, Crude SS, Mob 47, Anti-Cimex, Doom, Amebix, Discharge....and a million of copycats.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:33 pm 

I am always shocked when I listen to Anti-Cimex "Raped Ass" LP and realize that it came out in 1982. It would be nearly four years before any metal band in existence played that fast or was that heavy.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
I am always shocked when I listen to Anti-Cimex "Raped Ass" LP and realize that it came out in 1982. It would be nearly four years before any metal band in existence played that fast or was that heavy.

That band and Asocial were on the forefront of being so fast and heavy it was mindbending. To me metal did not get that extreme until maybe Napalm Death (which I would not consider metal per se on the first record).

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:22 pm 

Some late songs by the Ramones. I like them.

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:00 pm 

was listening to la casa fantom earlier pretty cool drum n bass crusty screamo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaQjDV8X8ww

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:34 pm 

tomcat_ha wrote:
was listening to la casa fantom earlier pretty cool drum n bass crusty screamo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaQjDV8X8ww

extremely powerful live duo too, seen them like 5 or 6 times by now. they're 100% DIY and brothers actually. early stuff is best stuff. you should try and catch them live tomcat, they should be right up your alley.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:39 am 

so Tragedy dropped a new EP

Rodman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:54 am 

My band The Phosphorus Bombs released a new EP earlier this year (produced by Jay Whalley, singer of Frenzal Rhomb) and it's received some nice reviews.

A couple of UK blogs teamed up this week for a feature on 10 cool new punk bands and we received a nice write-up.

http://www.earnutrition.co.uk/apathy-ex ... nk-tracks/

Quote:
These dudes are from Sydney and play hard-hitting metallic Skate Punk with a thrashier, 80’s Hardcore kind of edge. If you think along the lines of such subgenre masterpieces as RKL’s ‘Riches to Rags’, NOFX’s ‘White Trash Two Heebs & A Bean’ and Propagandhi’s ‘Today’s Empires, Tomorrow’s Ashes’ then you’ll start to get the picture. This is fast as shit and angry as fuck, but still maintains that Kid Dynamite type of tight focus and those vintage Bad Religion style melodies.

If this sounds like your thing you can check out the record for Name Your Price at

https://thephosphorusbombs.bandcamp.com ... ank-slates

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 am 

Rodman wrote:
My band The Phosphorus Bombs released a new EP earlier this year (produced by Jay Whalley, singer of Frenzal Rhomb) and it's received some nice reviews.

A couple of UK blogs teamed up this week for a feature on 10 cool new punk bands and we received a nice write-up.

Quote:
These dudes are from Sydney and play hard-hitting metallic Skate Punk with a thrashier, 80’s Hardcore kind of edge. If you think along the lines of such subgenre masterpieces as RKL’s ‘Riches to Rags’, NOFX’s ‘White Trash Two Heebs & A Bean’ and Propagandhi’s ‘Today’s Empires, Tomorrow’s Ashes’ then you’ll start to get the picture. This is fast as shit and angry as fuck, but still maintains that Kid Dynamite type of tight focus and those vintage Bad Religion style melodies.

If this sounds like your thing you can check out the record for Name Your Price at

I like what I hear a lot! Metallic skate punk is an appropriate description. Some thrashy vibes too.

Now - is any of your stuff released as CD's? Or just digital?

Rodman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 am 

Zdan wrote:
Rodman wrote:

"These dudes are from Sydney and play hard-hitting metallic Skate Punk with a thrashier, 80’s Hardcore kind of edge. If you think along the lines of such subgenre masterpieces as RKL’s ‘Riches to Rags’, NOFX’s ‘White Trash Two Heebs & A Bean’ and Propagandhi’s ‘Today’s Empires, Tomorrow’s Ashes’ then you’ll start to get the picture. This is fast as shit and angry as fuck, but still maintains that Kid Dynamite type of tight focus and those vintage Bad Religion style melodies."

I like what I hear a lot! Metallic skate punk is an appropriate description. Some thrashy vibes too.

Now - is any of your stuff released as CD's? Or just digital?

Thanks pal!

Our stuff is only on digital, unfortunately.

We were recently contacted by an Eastern European label who was keen to put out our stuff on CD but we turned them down because here in Australia CDs are pretty much dead. The dream is for a label to come along and help us offset the cost of producing vinyl for a future release.

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:50 am 

Damn. Such a shame. I will still listen to the stuff and I would love to get this stuff on CD.

Rodman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:54 am 

Zdan wrote:
Damn. Such a shame. I will still listen to the stuff and I would love to get this stuff on CD.

Thanks a lot, dude. Really appreciate the kind words.

I will let you know if we ever release anything on CD. Until then, we are on Spotify, Bandcamp, and all the other usual online delivery systems.

Mental_Relapse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:35 am 

I might actually have listened to some of this shit if all modern punks/crusties weren't a bunch of footsoldiers for global capitalism. That, and their self-proclaimed "leftist" politics are a bunch of meaningless drivel. If it weren't for all the Antifa bullshit I'd probably be listening to more grindcore.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:09 pm 

You're really going to have to explain what leads you down that road, because while I've experienced "leftist" punks who are just brand name rebels? They've been far from the norm.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Mental_Relapse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:51 am 

acid_bukkake wrote:
You're really going to have to explain what leads you down that road, because while I've experienced "leftist" punks who are just brand name rebels? They've been far from the norm.

Antifa/crusties are basically establishment footsoldiers. No one takes their stupid anarcho-communist politics seriously, but will use them to attack nationalists and promote mass third-world immigration for the benefit of multi-national corporations.

Most punks aren't smart enough to see this dynamic.

Rodman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:06 pm 

One for the Bad Religion fans

https://thephosphorusbombs.bandcamp.com ... d-religion

CrippledLucifer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:14 am 

Mental_Relapse wrote:
Most punks aren't smart enough to see this dynamic.

So you're basically saying that you'd be listening to crust punk if it were more nazi, which is a really smart.

Anyway, great call on La Casa Fantom, I caught them live a few years ago and they spent like 15 minutes playing encores because they were so fucking good no one wanted them to leave the stage.

Atrapados by Destino Final are one of my favorite punk LPs ever. Crusty guitars and great reverberated vocals; these guys (and their previous incarnation as Invasión) are one of the best hardcore bands from Spain ever. Some of its former members carried on as Una Bestia Incontrolable, still playing hardcore although with a much more psychedelic/experimental bent. Still super heavy stuff at times.

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:21 pm 

tomcat_ha wrote:
so Tragedy dropped a new EP

I'm listening to it right now and I'm enjoying it but I wish they wen't even further in the direction of Darker Days Ahead. I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff but DDA is exactly the type of crust I like; ultra heavy, metallic, slow to mid-paced. CRUSHING! I know they caught a lot of shit from old fans who missed the fast neo-crust of old but I would have loved to hear them go down the ever-so-slightly industrial road like Saw Throat, Zygote, or late Deviated Instinct.

Perhaps Swordwielder will do that on their next album.

untappd: patrick_g

tomcat_ha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:48 pm 

maybe todd was the driving force behind the sound of darker days ahead and felt he could explore what he wanted better through nightfell.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2