Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:23 pm 

So Trump continues to discredit and slander the Mueller investigation, presumably for the same reason he kept spouting rhetoric about the election being rigged during the campaign: so that, if things don't go his way, he can provoke his base into doing God only knows what. We've gotten so used to all this I think we forget how horrifying it is to have a president so blatantly work to divide the country and misinform.

The worst part is it seems to be working. Support for Mueller has dropped slightly overall (from 48% to 44% as of latest polls) but precipitously amongst Republicans. I don't know how the GOP can possibly recover from what Trump has turned their base into.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:51 pm 

Don't believe anything that comes out of Giuliani's mouth. The guy is a notorious liar and unless there is a statement that comes straight from Mueller and his team then I consider it bullshit.

I'm not really sure what Giuliani's angle here is. What is he hoping for? Even a snake like him has to realize that the Trump regime is a ship that is in the process of sinking.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:16 am 

stickyshooZ wrote:
Don't believe anything that comes out of Giuliani's mouth. The guy is a notorious liar and unless there is a statement that comes straight from Mueller and his team then I consider it bullshit.

I'm not really sure what Giuliani's angle here is. What is he hoping for? Even a snake like him has to realize that the Trump regime is a ship that is in the process of sinking.

Rudy Giuliani has evidently always been batshit insane, and after his nonsense with Trump, was dropped by the law firm that he'd joined. Because he's an embarrassing nutball.

Also, ICE under Trump has lost nearly 1500 immigrant children after ripping them from their parents. The town my mom lives in has a population of around 1500. That's as if that entire town was all children, and the government up and lost them.

Now, while this is horrible, regardless of where you stand on immigration, it actually gets a bit worse. This situation is ripe for children to end up being trafficked for sex/slavery. As Trump pushes to have these families separated, and then loses them, this essentially makes the President of the United States actively involved in human trafficking.

Why would anyone still defend this?

kybernetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:36 am 

Resident_Hazard wrote:

Three reasons I can think of:

1.) They're stupid.
2.) Cult of personality (dear leader does no wrong ultimately).
3.) Fake news.

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:57 pm 

DrummingEdge133 wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:

Three reasons I can think of:

1.) They're stupid.
2.) Cult of personality (dear leader does no wrong ultimately).
3.) Fake news.

Right, it still sometimes boggles my mind when i see people I've known since I was a kid who are very into defending Trump & Friends.

I think it's also people becoming more fervently, psychotically partisan, and it shows in the blatant hypocrisy (for example, I like to imagine if Obama had said or done a thing Trump said or did, and how these people would react). It's just like people who are irrationally into football teams or something.
Quote:
This reaction proves that Donald Trump is less mature than one of the world's most dangerous dictators.

But more than that, what baffles me are the people who think this is all politics as usual. There's always been stupidity and corruption in politics, but this is not anything like normality. I've been around almost 40 years, and every other president during my lifetime, even the ones I didn't like, were capable of acting like adults when they needed to. But then there are so many idiots in the country that think being an ignoramus and undiplomatic is somehow a GOOD thing, and they voted him in. I recently read there was a Pew poll or something where a majority of Republicans said they believed "higher education is a destructive force," or something to that effect.

As for Bernie Sanders, I saw a meme saying he was going to run and making fun of this idea today, but I have not fact-checked the matter. I did comment that he will be too fckn old at that point, though.
CircleOfDestruction zine #18|Video-Nasties.net | My Art Site

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:27 pm 

But Roseanne's tweets are the worst things ever, good thing Trump has never said or done anything so bad because his show... I mean "presidency" would be canceled immediately! I swear 90% of the shit he says/tweets would get you fired from ANY job, except being president apparently.

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:48 pm 

After seeing some of the reactions to the possibility of Sanders running for the nomination, I'm actually hoping even more that he doesn't. I'm seeing quite a few people going on about how if Sanders runs for the nomination and loses it to a 'corporate shill' like Biden, they're going to vote Green or Libertarian instead. I don't know how much of it is just talk versus how much of it is genuine, but seriously, it's like they want four more years of Trump.

I like Sanders, but his supporters are doing more damage to his prospects than his detractors at this point.

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:56 am 

Today I saw some things about Trump meeting with Kim Kardashian to discuss women in prison, sentencing, and prison reform.

Apparently Trump didn't get the memo that this is not a reality TV show, wtf. Reading this on CNN and I kept checking the URL to make sure I wasn't reading a post from The Onion. Unfortunately, this is reality.

I think there are things that should be changed in the prison systems here, but I'm not certain that having a cast of reality tv stars discussing it and no experts is the way to go.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:53 am 

Ezadara wrote:
After seeing some of the reactions to the possibility of Sanders running for the nomination, I'm actually hoping even more that he doesn't. I'm seeing quite a few people going on about how if Sanders runs for the nomination and loses it to a 'corporate shill' like Biden, they're going to vote Green or Libertarian instead. I don't know how much of it is just talk versus how much of it is genuine, but seriously, it's like they want four more years of Trump.

I like Sanders, but his supporters are doing more damage to his prospects than his detractors at this point.

Yeah, gods forbid the mouth breathing electorate wake up and realize that there's more out there than the two corrupt parties that have a monopoly on the electoral process. Right wing, left wing....all part of the same bird! :roll:

Like your reviews?

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:23 pm 

mjollnir wrote:
Yeah, gods forbid the mouth breathing electorate wake up and realize that there's more out there than the two corrupt parties that have a monopoly on the electoral process. Right wing, left wing....all part of the same bird! :roll:

You're right, there's no practical difference between the left and the right, or the Democrats and the Republicans. I mean, they only really part ways on abortion rights, LGBT rights, gun control, taxation, healthcare, regulation, immigration, the environment, the Constitution, foreign policy... No difference at all. Wake up, sheeple!

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:44 pm 

Ezadara wrote:

This is why I said Sanders supporters are as bad as Ron Paul supporters. They go from supporting a man with ideals to spiteful voting if they don't get their way. It's safe to say that bitter Bernie Sanders supporters helped Trump get elected, and I'd really rather they don't give us four more years of the worst president in American history.

It's all well and good to like Bernie Sanders. But some of those people need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that "revenge voting" is childish and made things worse for everyone (but Trump and his cronies). Like Christians who don't behave in a Christ-like manner, I don't think Bernie Sanders would behave in this way, but his supporters certainly did to an absurd and damaging degree.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:49 pm 

circleofdestruction wrote:
Today I saw some things about Trump meeting with Kim Kardashian to discuss women in prison, sentencing, and prison reform.

Apparently Trump didn't get the memo that this is not a reality TV show, wtf. Reading this on CNN and I kept checking the URL to make sure I wasn't reading a post from The Onion. Unfortunately, this is reality.

I think there are things that should be changed in the prison systems here, but I'm not certain that having a cast of reality tv stars discussing it and no experts is the way to go.

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen.

Fine, I'll grudgingly give some credit here, she's there to champion a single person who sounds like maybe they got a raw deal. But to pretend she's anything like a prison reform expert or that this was anything more than an idiotic celebrity masturbation fest is fucking moronic. This presidency excels at getting stupider.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:48 pm 

I don't think anyone is trying to pass off Kim Kardashian as an expert on anything. Would be quite a surprise to see any change in sentencing policy for drug offenders - that is the specific case she came to discuss - just because she asked for it. Especially as long as Trump leaves Buford the Bull in place as Attorney General. imo the bigger story here is how easily Kardashian was granted a meeting with the President, despite having at best a tangential knowledge of the issue to be discussed; while at the same time he's making it very difficult for the press, whose purpose is to inform the people, to get the same access. A president who only associates with a clique selected at his whim, is a dangerous thing.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:38 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
It's safe to say that bitter Bernie Sanders supporters helped Trump get elected

[citation needed]

Every Sanders supporter I know held their nose and voted for Hillary, and I've yet to see any reputable analysis that shows that Sanders' presence in the race ended up shifting votes that would have otherwise gone to Hillary to other third-party candidates.

Hillary lost because Hillary was an absolutely fucking abysmal candidate, and because a large portion of the American electorate is a parody of itself. Constantly bringing up Sanders as a scapegoat does nothing but perpetuate exactly the kind of thinking that made Hillary the Democratic nominee in the first place. If the Democrats fail to gain ground in these upcoming elections, it will almost certainly be in large part because the lesson they took from 2016 was "the Bernie Bros ruined it" and not "our platform is sufficiently uninspiring and we appear sufficiently corrupt that our base can't be bothered to turn out and vote for us."

Of course, expecting that not to be precisely what happens would be an act of blind optimism.

Last edited by Oblarg on Thu May 31, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:41 pm 

Bernie himself even got behind Hillary once his campaign was essentially over. And he encouraged his supporters to do the same. He basically did everything that he should have reasonably done once his run was done. If you're going to claim that his presence had any meaningful swing in the election, then I'd like to see actual evidence of this and not just speculation.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:31 pm 

STOP FUCKING RE-LITIGATING THE PRIMARY HOLY SHIT

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:48 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
STOP FUCKING RE-LITIGATING THE PRIMARY HOLY SHIT

I don't think this is really re-litigating the primary - the discussion was explicitly about the general election (and future elections). No one's arguing about which way the primary ought to have gone.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:00 am 

So, a congressional candidate from Virginia is... a vile fucking human being. Just... it's surreal.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/na ... e89e1e4824

I'll warn you, the article gets revoltingly explicit at several points. This guy admitted to raping his own ex-wife before she committed suicide, fantasizing about fucking his own daughter, and other things I do not wish to repeat here. I cannot believe this. This article literally killed my appetite.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:20 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
So, a congressional candidate from Virginia is... a vile fucking human being. Just... it's surreal.

I'll warn you, the article gets revoltingly explicit at several points. This guy admitted to raping his own ex-wife before she committed suicide, fantasizing about fucking his own daughter, and other things I do not wish to repeat here. I cannot believe this. This article literally killed my appetite.

Sorry but do you have something NOT from Huffington? Garbage "journalism" is what they do.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:35 am 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

Sorry but do you have something NOT from Huffington? Garbage "journalism" is what they do.

I'm no fan of HuffPo, but unless you're going to dispute the factual accuracy of the...many, many disturbing things in that article, is there really any point to raising this specific criticism, in response to this particular article? It seems to me that if you read that and the first thing that comes to mind is "gee, HuffPo is garbage journalism," you might need to reflect a bit on your internal priorities.

Re: the actual subject of the article, I am almost never one to advocate criminalizing expression, but that guy is fucking dangerous and needs to be in prison. "Free speech" does not protect any and all speech, and if...that...doesn't meet the criteria for "sufficiently harmful that there's a compelling public interest in its prevention," then what does?

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:24 am 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

I'm gonna echo everything Oblarg said, but if you're so insistent, here you go:

https://babe.net/2018/03/19/pedophile-c ... inia-43317

https://www.snip.today/main/post/congre ... pedophile/

VampireKiller
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:52 pm 

Well, with Trump's quite recent missile attacks against Syria he has proven himself to be a Zionist puppet just like all American presidents since John F. Kennedy

The Nordic Resistance Movement performed an awesome action following the missile attacks where they threw bangers on the soil of the American embassy in Stockholm

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:23 pm 

I agree that the Israel lobby has its hand firmly in Trump's back pocket, but I don't see the attack on Syria as proof of that. It does not benefit Israel's security to replace an unfriendly but largely non-aggressive dictator with a chaotic assortment of crazy-ass terrorists.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

VampireKiller
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:32 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
I agree that the Israel lobby has its hand firmly in Trump's back pocket, but I don't see the attack on Syria as proof of that. It does not benefit Israel's security to replace an unfriendly but largely non-aggressive dictator with a chaotic assortment of crazy-ass terrorists.

It does benefit Israel. They have a plan to expand their territory. It's called the "Oded Yinon Plan", and sometimes referred to as the "Greater Israel Plan". Plus, instability in Syria also benefits them in another way. Namely in creating refugee waves of racial aliens into Europe to destabilize our countries and fulfill the "Kalergi Plan"

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:10 pm 

VampireKiller wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:

It does benefit Israel. They have a plan to expand their territory. It's called the "Oded Yinon Plan", and sometimes referred to as the "Greater Israel Plan". Plus, instability in Syria also benefits them in another way. Namely in creating refugee waves of racial aliens into Europe to destabilize our countries and fulfill the "Kalergi Plan"

I'd appreciate it if you provided some links backing up whatever it is you're talking about, because from where I'm standing, it looks like conspiracist mumbo jumbo.

VampireKiller
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:29 pm 

[/quote]I'd appreciate it if you provided some links backing up whatever it is you're talking about, because from where I'm standing, it looks like conspiracist mumbo jumbo.[/quote]

Yes, of course I can provide you with links. Here you go:

Oded Yinon Plan: http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... 20East.pdf
Kalergi Plan: https://zionistreport.com/wp-content/up ... peans1.pdf (Scroll down to page 6 to read about the Kalergi Plan)

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:31 pm 

VampireKiller wrote:
The Nordic Resistance Movement performed an awesome action

Hmm. Why does this sound like a nazi movement?

Wikipedia wrote:
The Nordic Resistance Movement, NRM (Swedish: Nordiska motståndsrörelsen; NMR, Norwegian: Nordiske motstandsbevegelsen; NMB, Finnish: Pohjoismainen Vastarintaliike; PVL, Danish: Den nordiske modstandsbevægelse; NMB, Icelandic: Norræna mótstöðuhreyfingin) is a Pan-Nordic neo-Nazi[8] movement

Oh right, because it IS

VampireKiller wrote:
*anti-Semitic conspiracy theories*

Uh-huh. Sounds like someone got lost on their way to Stormfront.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

VampireKiller
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:32 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
VampireKiller wrote:
The Nordic Resistance Movement performed an awesome action

Hmm. Why does this sound like a nazi movement?

Wikipedia wrote:
The Nordic Resistance Movement, NRM (Swedish: Nordiska motståndsrörelsen; NMR, Norwegian: Nordiske motstandsbevegelsen; NMB, Finnish: Pohjoismainen Vastarintaliike; PVL, Danish: Den nordiske modstandsbevægelse; NMB, Icelandic: Norræna mótstöðuhreyfingin) is a Pan-Nordic neo-Nazi[8] movement

Oh right, because it IS

VampireKiller wrote:
*anti-Semitic conspiracy theories*

Uh-huh. Sounds like someone got lost on their way to Stormfront.

It is a National Socialist movement, yes. And I'm a member of it

Last edited by Morrigan on Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User banned: Nazis are not welcome here.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:23 pm 

VampireKiller wrote:
It is a National Socialist movement, yes. And I'm a member of it

I appreciate how honest you are about being a terrible human being.

With that said, as a Jew, please do kindly fuck off forever.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:20 pm 

Hurricane Maria death toll 70x higher than official government statistic.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/us/puert ... index.html

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:15 pm 

It's weird how both the far left and the far right can unite in their gob jobbing of the Assad regime. Gives more credence to the Horseshoe Theory than it probably deserves.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:47 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:

But it does benefit the military industrial complex to keep us (and Israel) in perpetual warfare.

Like your reviews?

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:04 pm 

It always amaze me when I see a neo nazi or some halt-right type thinking that Trump would work against jewish or Israel lobbies. It was clear from the beginning that he would be working for them. If not, the republicans would have not allow him to be a candidate. I don't think he really care about the white race either. He only care about himself.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:10 am 

Strangely enough, modern day Nazis tend to be indifferent or even moderately warm to Israel and the Israeli government, probably due to hating Muslims even more, as well as Israel being one of the few nations in the world that can claim they have a so-called "ethnostate." Most of them still hate non-Israeli Jews as well as that always-elusive bugaboo "International Jewery" that manages to be the cause of any and everything wrong in the world whenever it's convenient (which is always), so don't worry, they haven't suddenly gone soft. They've just learned to better pick their battles.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:08 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
I don't think anyone is trying to pass off Kim Kardashian as an expert on anything. Would be quite a surprise to see any change in sentencing policy for drug offenders - that is the specific case she came to discuss - just because she asked for it. Especially as long as Trump leaves Buford the Bull in place as Attorney General. imo the bigger story here is how easily Kardashian was granted a meeting with the President, despite having at best a tangential knowledge of the issue to be discussed; while at the same time he's making it very difficult for the press, whose purpose is to inform the people, to get the same access. A president who only associates with a clique selected at his whim, is a dangerous thing.

Except Trump, kind of. He framed the thing as a meeting to discuss prison reform, not a tv-reality show get-together to discuss one specific case. I know that's what they're doing, but his Twitter seemed to frame it in that way.

But yes, the real problem would be a president who locks out the press, acts like any negative press about him is "fake news," and only allows meetings with reality tv stars like himself. I've said it before, but I think the really YUUGE problem is the way he's creating a hatred of journalism in general among his fans, and has even spoken out against the first amendment by saying the press have too much freedom, because only the second amendment matters to these people. Never mind the fact that when people are asking for improved gun control, it's actually not remotely against the second amendment, I suppose that's another issue, but saying you want to limit the freedom of the press is absolutely anti-1st amendment, and his people don't give a shit.

Mamont
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:19 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Strangely enough, modern day Nazis tend to be indifferent or even moderately warm to Israel and the Israeli government, probably due to hating Muslims even more, as well as Israel being one of the few nations in the world that can claim they have a so-called "ethnostate." Most of them still hate non-Israeli Jews as well as that always-elusive bugaboo "International Jewery" that manages to be the cause of any and everything wrong in the world whenever it's convenient (which is always), so don't worry, they haven't suddenly gone soft. They've just learned to better pick their battles.

This must be how North American neo nazis see it. In Europe, hate of jews is still the main element of neo nazism, like VampireKiller showed. In Ukraine, islamists and neo nazis even merged forces some time ago, united in their common hate for Jews (and Russians, but for them Russians = jews).

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/01/29/u ... lamists-2/

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:16 am 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

Will a Snopes article work for you? Yeah, he's horrifyingly fucking real: SNOPES FACT CHECK

Here's why this belongs in the Trump thread, by the way:

USA Today wrote:
"A lot of people are tired of political correctness and being constrained by it," Larson told HuffPost. "People prefer when there’s an outsider who doesn’t have anything to lose and is willing to say what’s on a lot of people’s minds."

This is Trump talk, right here. He's channeling Trump in this. "People are tired of political correctness." "People prefer outsiders." This is Trump's fault, this is Trump's sick inspiration.

A vote for Trump is a vote for pedophilia. That is a reality we now have.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:08 pm 

Alex Jones confronts Bernie Sanders at LAX, calls him a Communist, says he wants to turn the country into Venezuela.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:30 pm 

I wouldn't bother talking to Alex Jones either. The man (Or at least the character he portrays) is a loon.

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:41 pm 

I would have said "an utter imbecile" instead of a loon. That goes for all his followers too.
Fire walk with me"

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 227  Next