Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:40 am 

lost_wanderer wrote:
How about Peter Navarro saying that there's a special place in hell for Trudeau for supposedly backstabbing the USA in the back?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/jun/11/donald-trumps-trade-adviser-criticises-weak-justin-trudeau-video

That man is infuriating. The gaslighting is so blatant, it's breathtaking. Fuuuuuck that guy.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:53 am 

Drug war is one step closer to becoming even more draconian.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/06/16/h ... an-kratom/

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:12 pm 

Trump says he wants to establish Starfleet:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06 ... y.amp.html

I dunnae think the budget can take the strain, Captain!
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:51 pm 

Must build impenetrable space wall to keep aliens from coming to Earth illegally and selling space drugs.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:15 pm 

He saw Star Wars for the first time last night.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:22 pm 

He's already halfway to being Jabba the Hutt, so he's got to have seen it already to model himself after Jabba.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:26 pm 

Don't you DARE slander a beloved (albeit often misunderstood) leader like that by comparing him to that slimy, lecherous slug monster. Jabba may not have been perfect, but even he knew grabbing Leia by the chains was preferable to grabbing her elsewhere.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:05 pm 

So why the hell are there not civilians breaking in and dismantling these child concentration camps in Texas and other border states? Because they'd have a record?

"So I see you were arrested, what crime did you commit?"
"I helped liberate children from internment camps set up in abandoned Wal-marts covered in chicken wire and return them to the parents they were forcibly separated from."
"HOW DARE YOU, YOU IMMORAL SICKO, YOU'RE FIRED AND NO ONE IN THE COUNTRY WILL HIRE YOU NOW!!!!!!!"

I can't fathom anyone would be worried about this unless they wanted employment under the Koch brothers for some reason.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:27 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:

Remember: no money for education, nothing for health care, nothing for fighting homelessness, nothing for a real infrastructure plan (Trump's previously stated "plan" is a joke), nothing for general sciences and research, and hey, Flint still doesn't have clean drinking water. But we can invest in creating a sixth military branch for space.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:33 am 

darkeningday wrote:
So why the hell are there not civilians breaking in and dismantling these child concentration camps in Texas and other border states? Because they'd have a record?

"I helped liberate children from internment camps set up in abandoned Wal-marts covered in chicken wire and return them to the parents they were forcibly separated from."
"HOW DARE YOU, YOU IMMORAL SICKO, YOU'RE FIRED AND NO ONE IN THE COUNTRY WILL HIRE YOU NOW!!!!!!!"

I can't fathom anyone would be worried about this unless they wanted employment under the Koch brothers for some reason.

...do you really think ICE doesn't have guns?

darkeningday wrote:

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:14 am 

If the group is unarmed and large enough, no one is getting shot. Do you have any idea how severe the fallout would be if they killed unarmed US citizens attempting to reunite children with their parents? Most Americans, regardless of political affiliation, see this as an unqualified travesty; throw in martyrdom at the hands of federal agents and you have a national, if not international incident.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 am 

We have unarmed citizens killed every day and all the country cares about is how it "disrespects the flag."

darkeningday wrote:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:25 am 

darkeningday wrote:
If the group is unarmed and large enough, no one is getting shot. Do you have any idea how severe the fallout would be if they killed unarmed US citizens attempting to reunite children with their parents? Most Americans, regardless of political affiliation, see this as an unqualified travesty; throw in martyrdom at the hands of federal agents and you have a national, if not international incident.

Why are you sitting at your computer decrying others for their lack of action, when you could be leading the charge?

People don't act not because they necessarily fear getting shot, or having a record, or even disobeying their government. People are just too busy and too comfortable with their lives to act. They would much rather complain, call for others to act, and show solidarity than to participate themselves. Only when their lives are disrupted directly or they feel they have nothing to lose do people rise up. It's hard enough to even get people to lobby for change, or volunteer in their community, or to take time out of their day to do something for others. That's the world we live in.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:57 pm 

So why the hell is darkeningday not breaking in and dismantling these child concentration camps in Texas and other border states? Because he'd have a record?

I can't fathom darkeningday would be worried about this unless he wanted employment under the Koch brothers for some reason.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:01 pm 

It's times like these I wish we had the :fuk: emoji on the forums.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:41 pm 

stickyshooZ wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:

Remember: no money for education, nothing for health care, nothing for fighting homelessness, nothing for a real infrastructure plan (Trump's previously stated "plan" is a joke), nothing for general sciences and research, and hey, Flint still doesn't have clean drinking water. But we can invest in creating a sixth military branch for space.

That's exactly how the Military Industrial Complex thinks.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:31 pm 

It's funny you don't think I'm complaining about myself at the same time as complaining about others.

I am.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:21 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
Must build impenetrable space wall to keep aliens from coming to Earth illegally and selling space drugs.

As long as he claims he'll force the Aliens to pay for the Space Wall, while gradually backing away from the absurdity and illegality of that promise until Earth is left with a piddly-ass patchwork picket fence pretending to be a wall; his supporters will lap it up. Short attention span being what it is...

Metalisepic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:51 pm 

stickyshooZ wrote:

Well, Trump's favorite book is the Bible and Pence thinks the Earth and anything on it were created 6000 years ago by a wizard in the sky. What could you expect? Education, sciences or anything rational are their least concern.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 pm 

Trump has a favourite book? Oh, please. The man clearly doesn't know how to read.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:24 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Sick6Six wrote:

As long as he claims he'll force the Aliens to pay for the Space Wall, while gradually backing away from the absurdity and illegality of that promise until Earth is left with a piddly-ass patchwork picket fence pretending to be a wall; his supporters will lap it up. Short attention span being what it is...

Wouldn't surprise me if his plan now is to enslave all these migrants to get them to build the wall. Why stop with petty crimes against humanity when you can go full concentration camp.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:19 pm 

There's more to come

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... rms-652246

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:08 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me if his plan now is to enslave all these migrants to get them to build the wall. Why stop with petty crimes against humanity when you can go full concentration camp.

Step one: Collect free labor

Step two: ???

Step three: PROFIT

darkeningday wrote:

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:01 am 

Even babies and toddlers are being taken from their parents.

https://apnews.com/dc0c9a5134d14862ba7c7ad9a811160e

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 am 

In about two weeks from now we will see the first news of for-profit child care companies hiring illegal immigrants to look after the kids separated from their parents. Mark my words.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:17 pm 

Being Jewish and growing up with stories of the shoah, I have a tough time describing how alarming this whole situation sounds to me.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:55 pm 

Unfortunately this country is fertile ground for this kind of thing, because a significant portion of Americans are heavily authoritarian.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:28 pm 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... des-655498

Quote:
President Donald Trump said he plans to sign an executive action on Wednesday that would end the administration’s policy of separating migrant families crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, abandoning the president’s previous stance that only Congress can fix the problem.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:42 pm 

I guess the upside to having a gutless dimwit have that kind of authority is that you can sway their views...?

darkeningday wrote:

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:06 pm 

acid_bukkake wrote:
I guess the upside to having a gutless dimwit have that kind of authority is that you can sway their views...?

Man, when the President changes his mind and moves toward a position you agree with, can't you just call it a win and be happy?

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 pm 

I mean, I get what you're saying, but that's kinda like being happy that the guy who's ripping out your nails one by one is gonna leave one of your little toes intact. Sure, it's good news, but given everything else, it gets kinda buried.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:51 pm 

The new order isn't what it seems, if my reading is correct. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/us/p ... order.html

"President Trump caved to enormous political pressure on Wednesday and signed an executive order that ends the separation of families by indefinitely detaining parents and children together at the border."

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:57 pm 

^ That's what the article I linked above said. The article stated that yes, the separation was not going to happen anymore, but he's still onboard with a zero-tolerance policy.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 pm 

Now watch him take credit for undoing that "terrible law passed by the Democrats" (it's not even a law and it's all supreme bullshit).

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:49 pm 

This whole exercise has just been needlessly and pointlessly cruel, while accomplishing essentially nothing on a policy front, other than to verify that Trump has no policy preferences and will just do whatever the last person he conversed with tells him to do (he went to the Hill yesterday and got screamed at by Republicans for two hours, hence the new executive order).

OzzyApu wrote:
^ That's what the article I linked above said. The article stated that yes, the separation was not going to happen anymore, but he's still onboard with a zero-tolerance policy.

The joke about this is Trump would have gotten plaudits if "zero tolerance and also infants shouldn't be used as volleyballs" had been the original policy. All his administration had to do was figure out a way not to put children in internment camps.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:13 pm 

Yeah I know it's from Infowars, but please don't shoot the messenger! If it's true, we're almost done with this grandstanding arseclown. He doesn't want to run in 2020 :thumbsup:
https://www.infowars.com/exclusive-its- ... n-in-2020/

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:17 pm 

I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:36 pm 

Good call, Derigin! I couldn't even bring myself to watch the video, since I'm sure IW's "sources close to the President" means that disgusting slimeball Roger Stone whom I cannot stand. But hey, I like to bring a little bit of hope in here to counter all the doom n gloom :)

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:46 pm 

If Trump does step down, I'm sure he'd go the route of "I could have fixed it all, but the damn Liberals and the media kept getting in the way. I was so strong. Very strong. But we have weak people. Very weak people. They couldn't handle how strong I was. Because when you're strong, people are very unfair. So unfair."

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:26 pm 

stickyshooZ wrote:
If Trump does step down, I'm sure he'd go the route of "I could have fixed it all, but the damn Liberals and the media kept getting in the way. I was so strong. Very strong. But we have weak people. Very weak people. They couldn't handle how strong I was. Because when you're strong, people are very unfair. So unfair."

Similar to the NK summit, petty personal grudges and vendettas and 'told ya sos' shouldn't matter. It would have been good if Trump had denuclearized NK and made peace between the two halves (he fucking didn't of course), and it would be good if he doesn't seek re-election, even if Trump and his minions will forever be able to gloat about how their lord and savior was invincible or whatever.

Unless of course Stephen Miller or Steve Bannon gets elected afterwards, in which case having 100 years of Trump would be preferable, holy fuck.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 227  Next