Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
I_Crash_and_Burn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:19 pm 

I don't know if you're into this kind of things but a lot of bands would've not sold copies of their releases to me if this blogspot hadn't existed. I browse, listen to a couple of tracks as they provide a link, then decide if the album is worth purchasing or not. Maybe the majority of people use it for the sake of downloading, but as somebody had in signature some times ago, "a bunch of mp3s is not a collection of anything". To me this blogspot is helpful to discover new music to buy. And my collection is close to 6300 records

So, if there's anybody still in touch with that and may help me to contact this blog again, please bump here.
TNX

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:34 pm 

Not sure about this blog, but I feel like the prevalence of spotify and bandcamp is probably cutting down on the ripped-music-via-blogspot train significantly, for good or ill.

thefacilitator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:42 am 

I agree with the OP. When the music is exposed to me via a blog, specifically Mortuus's blog (I have found a number of bands their I really like) I am much more apt to purchase their CD and support the band. In fact, there's a number of bands I wouldn't even of heard of if it weren't for that blog!

Cortenebrosum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:06 am 

I found file rips of some releases that were only issued on vinyl. Obviously I can't play records in my car. I really appreciated this blog while it was around to provide those files I was looking for. There have been a number of bands I discovered though that site that I bought vinyls and cds for...it will definitely be missed.

Reply to topic