Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:03 pm 

It has happened that I've showed up to work an hour early because I forgot to set my clock back in November. Normally that might not be a problem, as I could just hang around the break room for a while, but when I was due to open the store that morning... well there wasn't much to do at 5:30.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

MammothRider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:50 pm 

So today I almost got my car stuck in some snow drifts that appeared overnight, got into work, only for them to basically tell me to go home cause the roads were total garbage. I ended up having to get a ride from my dad back home, as my car would not have made it back through those drifts. Gotta love winter/spring in Alberta!

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:47 pm 

Managed to find a legit version of Moonblood's Conquering the Ravenland - Rehearsal 8 :headbang: :hail:

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:01 pm 

Good to see Full Of Hell got accepted here today.

I wonder what changed.
Obliteration

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:08 pm 

Surprisingly, until today, they hadn't really been brought up for review since 2013, and their latest stuff is clearly metal. I guess it was just overlooked.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:29 am 

Yeah I don't miss the snow in Vermont at all. Weather was great to me otherwise, but the fuckin Californians saying they wished it snowed where they lived wouldn't say that if they actually had to go through it.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:06 pm 

*reads Inquisition thread*

...and now I'm officially the last member from sonicdeath.co.uk who actively posts here. Oh well.

I could actually do with one more actual snowfall, since the DC area rarely ever gets actual snow. And since I don't have a car to worry about.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:05 am 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
Yeah I don't miss the snow in Vermont at all. Weather was great to me otherwise, but the fuckin Californians saying they wished it snowed where they lived wouldn't say that if they actually had to go through it.

I'm a lifelong Californian, and while I was a kid I always wished I lived where it snowed, as an adult I have always been rather glad I don't because I don't want to deal with driving in it or shoveling it.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:11 pm 

DoomMetalAlchemist wrote:
MrMcThrasher II wrote:

I'm a lifelong Californian, and while I was a kid I always wished I lived where it snowed, as an adult I have always been rather glad I don't because I don't want to deal with driving in it or shoveling it.

I actually enjoy shoveling snow, for the most part. During winter, I don't get outside exercise enough, so it's decent in that regard. Also, though, sometimes there's something peaceful about shoveling at dusk. I'm in an apartment now, so I haven't shoveled in a while, but was renting a house for five years before that, and getting out there to do that was calming.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:39 pm 

...and while I was a kid I always wished I lived where it snowed, as an adult I have always been rather glad I don't because I don't want to deal with driving in it or shoveling it.

This jogged my memory of being a kid as young as 7 or 8 made to get out there and shovel New Jersey snow. Not the heaviest of snow, but we did get some serious accumulation at times. But hearing you phrase the above quote made me realize that there was no kid/adult distinction for me regarding snow and play vs. labor. Huh, how about that?

I suppose the point I am attempting to make is that I find your viewpoint interesting in that you're making it sound as if snow was something to play in as a kid, yet for me-at that time-it represented work. I suppose it still does, but what they call "snow" here in North Carolina is utterly laughable.

(I am now realizing that I am doing the typing equivalent of stream of consciousness thinking to myself)

Resident_Hazard wrote:
I actually enjoy shoveling snow, for the most part. During winter, I don't get outside exercise enough, so it's decent in that regard. Also, though, sometimes there's something peaceful about shoveling at dusk. I'm in an apartment now, so I haven't shoveled in a while, but was renting a house for five years before that, and getting out there to do that was calming.

Oddly enough, I get this exact feeling from lawn mowing and routine yard work.
Obliteration

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:45 pm 

FirebathDan wrote:
...and while I was a kid I always wished I lived where it snowed, as an adult I have always been rather glad I don't because I don't want to deal with driving in it or shoveling it.

This jogged my memory of being a kid as young as 7 or 8 made to get out there and shovel New Jersey snow. Not the heaviest of snow, but we did get some serious accumulation at times. But hearing you phrase the above quote made me realize that there was no kid/adult distinction for me regarding snow and play vs. labor. Huh, how about that?

I suppose the point I am attempting to make is that I find your viewpoint interesting in that you're making it sound as if snow was something to play in as a kid, yet for me-at that time-it represented work. I suppose it still does, but what they call "snow" here in North Carolina is utterly laughable.

Dude, did you read Calvin and Hobbes as a kid? That's how I always imagined being in the snow to be like. :lol: I would've been willing to shovel it had I got to have the fun Calvin did (Calvin himself had to shovel the snow too).

Nowadays the worst part about the prospect of shoveling snow isn't the actual shoveling, but more making myself late for work or something.

But the fear of driving in it is actually a much bigger factor on why I don't want to live where it snows.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:55 pm 

Dude, did you read Calvin and Hobbes as a kid? That's how I always imagined being in the snow to be like. :lol: I would've been willing to shovel it had I got to have the fun Calvin did (Calvin himself had to shovel the snow too).

Nowadays the worst part about the prospect of shoveling snow isn't the actual shoveling, but more making myself late for work or something.

But the fear of driving in it is actually a much bigger factor on why I don't want to live where it snows.

I am only peripherally familiar with the comic. Maybe that might have changed my perspective back then, but now I am way too fucking jaded about it :lol:.

Driving in the snow is shitty, but states that get it regularly-such as my homeland of New Jersey-know how to handle it vis-a-vis salting and plowing. Those guys are generally out there 3-4 in the morning clearing the roads before the normal work rush.

The North Carolina country bumpkin's respone to a mere two inches of snow is to declare SOE, shut everything down, and wait for it to melt. You definitely don't want to be on the roads when it snows down here. BUT the volume is a pittance and generally warmer weather makes it melt much, much faster.
Obliteration

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:17 pm 

In my university years, I shoveled my driveway, my two neighbours' and my grandmothers'. So when the snow was heavy, I could be out for two hours before popping into gran's for a coffee and one of those personal-size frozen pizzas that she always bought but never liked. Then I'd step out to find that the city plow had dumped an unholy block of hardened ice at the end of everyone's driveway, which meant yet more time spent chopping that mess up. This is why I signed up for afternoon/evening classes - and closing shifts at the store - whenever possible!
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:05 pm 

So, I've been dating an amazing girl for a month, now, and not once have we argued about anything. This is actually a pretty big deal considering we talk from the time we wake up until the time we go to sleep every day.

I'm getting feels, you guys.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:07 pm 

Not having an argument after one month usually just means you aren't making very lively conversation but best of luck.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:09 pm 

Be sure to tell her 9/11 was an inside job meant to make the bible become true and you're an ace detective who solved a long-cold serial killer case by googling shit in your bedroom.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:16 pm 

I actually have been talking to a retired detective who knows the killer and has been on tv, but hey - - don't let that get in the way of your delusions.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:18 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Be sure to tell her 9/11 was an inside job meant to make the bible become true and you're an ace detective who solved a long-cold serial killer case by googling shit in your bedroom.

:lol:

He'll definitely get into that if they ever end up meeting in person.

AboveTheThrone wrote:
I actually have been talking to a retired detective who knows the killer and has been on tv, but hey - - don't let that get in the way of your delusions.

Hah! Just when I think you can't get any more hilarious.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:21 pm 

And I never said "9/11 was to make the bible come true". I just said there looks to be an element of psychological warfare within it, which, if you were as intelligent as you claim to be, you would realize that it may very well be true and just as likely to have been planned out by radical Islamic terrorists who have been known to do things like that.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:23 pm 

It's hilarious that I'm talking to a former NYPD detective who specifically said that I'm a good investigator? Okay.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:28 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
I just said there looks to be an element of psychological warfare within it

lol, uh, no. You said a great deal more than that. You were full-blown Book of Revelation tinfoil theories and George Bush prophecies, and it's only on the last page so you can't exactly backpedal. But we all killed off enough brain cells listening to that crap the last time, so we don't need to get into it again.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:31 pm 

I never said George Bush was involved. I pointed out that he invaded Iraq and Afghanistan partly because he followed Christian prophecies, and he probably believed 9/11 was predicted in the bible or some shit.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 pm 

All this talk about the mysteries of 9/11 is giving me a raging clue.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:53 pm 

What actually happened in the "planes operation" --- a Balochi-Sunni veteran of the Bosnian wars, with funding (and possibly orders) from a Shiite Persian theocracy, convinces a larger group of Iranian-Lebanese Shiite-trained Arab-Sunni militants in Afghanistan to order an Egyptian-Yemeni-Emirati terror cell in Germany to fly planes into American buildings and fund much of it by way of largely unwitting Saudis---is so convoluted yet factual that it's actually kind of amazing conspiracists think there is more to the story.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:01 pm 

Yes, but people in the FBI were contacted by the CIA and told to stop tracking the soon-to-be hijackers. That's shady as fuck, regardless.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:29 pm 

I just assumed that "Ortus" and "Othrs", submissions accepted right after each other, had to be related in some way, especially considering both are black metal, released their debuts in March 2018, and both have [black-and-white] [cloudy scenery photographs] for cover art ... but looking at their locations, lineups etc it really does seem they're unrelated.
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
So, I've been dating an amazing girl for a month, now, and not once have we argued about anything. This is actually a pretty big deal considering we talk from the time we wake up until the time we go to sleep every day.

I'm getting feels, you guys.

Happened to me. After two months i woke up and she was missing.. In her side of the bed, a copy of "The God Smiles" by Ron Hubbard, With her signature and a lipstick stain in the first page.

I can't sleep since then.

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:21 pm 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
Happened to me. After two months i woke up and she was missing.. In her side of the bed, a copy of "The God Smiles" by Ron Hubbard, With her signature and a lipstick stain in the first page.

I can't sleep since then.

Better check your record collection for missing items NOW.

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:07 pm 

Luckily it was sold beforehand to pay for a Kraftwerk house show. Worst deal of my life.

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:31 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
All this talk about the mysteries of 9/11 is giving me a raging clue.

Oh yeah this is definitely giving me a clue.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:39 am 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
It's hilarious that I'm talking to a former NYPD detective who specifically said that I'm a good investigator? Okay.

I can guarantee that this link has absolutely nothing to do with the quote above:

https://politics.theonion.com/clinton-d ... 1819565019

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:59 am 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
And I never said "9/11 was to make the bible come true". I just said there looks to be an element of psychological warfare within it, which, if you were as intelligent as you claim to be, you would realize that it may very well be true and just as likely to have been planned out by radical Islamic terrorists who have been known to do things like that.

Nobody denies a psychological element to the 9/11 attacks. The attacks were intended to hit notable American icons with a bonus of killing as many people as possible. This wasn't even the first attack on the iconic World Trade Center. The Pentagon is the center of our military, and to make it seem like that's vulnerable can feel like a big win to them.

Psychology has been a part of warfare since before there was even psychology. You go back to ancient tribal battles and they were making scary warpaint or look at Samurai who were making frightening, demonic suits of armor. Hell, as I recall, higher-ups in Al Qaeda even championed the idea of hitting American symbols to mess with people. There are stories of Nazis during WWII who tried to demoralize American troops with, from our perspective, silly phrases and taunts. A scene in Saving Private Ryan, while fictionalized, has an announcement of "the Statue of Liberty is kaput" for demoralizing purposes.

What you eluded to was a nonsense Bible prophecy that Bush may or may not even believe and said he started the war for that, and that alone, regardless of piles of evidence that were vastly more logical, fitting, and supported by evidence. Again, Bush liked to speak with metaphors, he was just garbage at it.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:37 am 

Indeed. The oldest version of psychological warfare is eating a fallen enemy, BTW. There's no stronger fear in us than the fear of being eaten by something, at least not in the sense that we are born with it and not learned it later; eating parts of someone you just killed sends a pretty damn powerful message. And that was probably about 10 000 years before psychology was born.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:25 am 

Happy nail day everyone! May you all eat copious amounts of candy to celebrate the death of Jesus.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:57 am 

Opus wrote:
Happy nail day everyone! May you all eat copious amounts of candy to celebrate the death of Jesus.

Pfft... I have three kg of mutton in the oven: 1.5 kg of Provencale spiced New Zealand lamb, and another one from Lucifer-knows-where, with my own marinade on it. If the latter turns out to be better, I shall call the recipe Agnus Dei in the future.

Both chunks are clad in bacon, of course. Because blasphemy.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:52 pm 

My proposal for the Official M-A Good Friday Anthem:

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:28 pm 

"Hammer Down the Nails" - Vital Remains

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:39 pm 

I just have to say, the last section of David Bowie's Ashes to ashes is one of the the best pieces of music I have ever heard but it ends way to quickly.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:58 pm 

Opus wrote:

Yesterday was my birthday, so I spent last night plus this whole afternoon eating copious amounts of roasted pig. Plus, what with being Jewish and everything, that's like... quadruple blasphemy?

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:47 pm 

Run The Jewels are excellent. Presently, I think EL-P is the best white rapper I've ever heard.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 332  Next