Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:56 pm 

Damn, post a picture! I remember a big Technodrome toy I had as a kid, along with action figures of the Turtles, Splinter, Shredder, and Bebop & Rocksteady.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:34 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
I think everyone stopped caring the moment we realized none of us ever say anything interesting or important at all, much less over the phone. At the very least we'll achieve a limited form of immortality by way of our pizza orders and awkward conversations with grandma being stored in some government database forever and ever amen.

Heh. I know what you mean. When I first heard that the Smart TVs are watching us, I was weirded out. But then I thought, who the hell would want to watch me watch sports? I'm a Sens fan.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:33 pm 

Well, I'm not a "conspiracy theorist", but I've noticed:

- There is a declassified document entitled "Alleged Assassination Plots Involving Foreign Leaders". There is a footnote in this document that describes a suggestion a CIA came up with to overthrow Castro; he wanted to stage the "Second Coming" of Jeebus to make the Cubans believe that Castro was the antichrist so that there would be a violent uprising. He wanted to drop "teh end is nearrr" leaflets and project an image of Jesus onto the clouds, while illuminating the sky with "starshells".

- The events on and surrounding 9/11 perfectly match up to the "prophecies" in the Book of Revelation.

- George W. Bush decided to invade Iraq/Afghanistan at least partially because he believed he was a player in the "End Times".

I made a video about this, but I got banned last time I posted it, so...

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 pm 

How can you claim not to be a conspiracy theorist but then make bullet-points on topics that would, and probably have been, discussed on The Alex Jones Show?

AboveTheThrone wrote:
- The events on and surrounding 9/11 perfectly match up to the "prophecies" in the Book of Revelation.

Are you fucking kidding me :lol:

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:47 pm 

Laugh all you want, Bush started a war that made some people tremendous profit because he believed 9/11 was a fulfillment of biblical prophecies. Brainwashing people to commit acts of violence by convincing them your target is the antichrist, what a novel idea! Who came up with that?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:48 pm 

You are a conspiracy theorist, don't bullshit us saying anything otherwise.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:51 pm 

That's not a rebuttal to the facts I laid out. The CIA seriously considered faking the fulfillment of biblical prophecies to evoke an uprising, and now there are a considerable number of Christians who believe 9/11 was a direct fulfillment of such prophecies and that the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan were an appropriate reaction.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:58 pm 

Razakel wrote:
AboveTheThrone wrote:

Are you fucking kidding me :lol:

x2

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:59 pm 

Still no actual rebuttal, I see.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:05 pm 

You are peddling nonsense. We don't know what to tell a man who actually thinks the delusions of ancient goat herders bear any weight in modern day international politics.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:06 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
Still no actual rebuttal, I see.

For the same reason none of us bother "rebutting" quaks who stand at intersections with sandwich-boards spouting the exact kind of nonsense you are. Let me guess, Bush is also a reptilian alien/high ranking freemason and/or member of the Illuminati?

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:16 pm 

Strawmanning... I knew that was coming.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:18 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
That's not a rebuttal to the facts I laid out. The CIA seriously considered faking the fulfillment of biblical prophecies to evoke an uprising, and now there are a considerable number of Christians who believe 9/11 was a direct fulfillment of such prophecies and that the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan were an appropriate reaction.

It's because it just isn't worth talking about. It's garbage and nonsense.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:20 pm 

The guilt's been getting to me recently and I've decided to make a confession. years ago, the La-li-lu-le-lo had me sign up on this website to keep tabs on AboveTheThrone. I don't know why they were having me gather information, but I'd advice you to stop posting here for your own safety.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:21 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
Strawmanning... I knew that was coming.

Persecution complex... I knew that was coming.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:21 pm 

"Corruption in government isn't real! North Korea isn't real!"

There is a term for what I'm describing: psychological warfare. It is a very real thing. Google it.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:23 pm 

Notice how he brought this up out of nowhere, all the while admitting that he's already been banned for bringing it up in the past. John_Sunlight made a joke about "kooky conspiracy theories" and then right on cue AboveTheThrone pops up with a rant about George Bush fulfilling biblical prophecies by invading Iraq. Have you noticed that no one here gives a shit? Just stop.

AboveTheThrone wrote:

And what does this have to do with anything? Are you just insinuating that we're ignorant dumbasses for not giving you the time of day?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:26 pm 

I don't doubt some crazy Christians believe in 9/11 centered biblical prophecies. If you want to connect a prophecy to a recent historical event 9/11 is a very obvious one to choose. So yeah, I can give you that AboveTheThrone. Some Christians may believe this. It's completely idiotic though.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:28 pm 

Razakel wrote:
AboveTheThrone wrote:

And what does this have to do with anything? Are you just insinuating that we're ignorant dumbasses for not giving you the time of day?

A fool likes to consider himself the smartest man in the room.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:36 pm 

The idea of people connecting events to revelation is always a great source of humour. It's an epic poem that is purposely vague and metaphorical and whatnot, and yknow there's that quote in one of the gospels "only the father knows the date", but people clearly get themselves confused with yahweh and think that they know things are ending sometime in october 2021 or whatever.

Anyway yeah, abovethethrone, you probably haven't read revelation, and you're definitely a moron.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:01 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
a war that made some people tremendous profit

As opposed to the others?

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:41 pm 

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:30 pm 

So, this band is now on the archives: NSBM. Talk about cutting to the chase!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:34 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:

Hm, very subtle.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:10 am 

Current lineup

Granatus All instruments, Vocals
See also: 14/88, Granatus, Ha-Satan, ex-Aryan Wood, ex-Camicia Nera, ex-Impalatorium, ex-Satan 88, ex-Satanicommand, ex-Sieg Rex 88, Black Thorne, Cabeça Morta, Canibal 88, Fuck You!, Fúria Paulista, Holocaust 666, Vega 4.0, ex-Heretical Warlust, ex-Folk Forest

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:17 am 

I suddently feel the need to consult the "how to spot a nazi band" graphic

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:18 am 

Dudes, you're doing it all wrong. The correct way to help AboveTheThrone out here is asking the right questions.

AboveTheThrone, what exactly are the perfect fits between 9/11, GWB, and Revelation?

There, that should keep him occupied for a couple of days, at least if he hasn't read the Bible yet... I once tried reading the Revelation, out of curiosity and expecting nice imagery, but holy shit, is that thing a chore! All of humanity can only die so many times, and it outdoes itself several times. The author was a serial mass murder autoerotic topper. It must have been pure entertainment for the masses when it was written, kinda like apocalypse fanfic, and not a serious treatise on the end times.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:27 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:

The best part is that the only release by this band is a split album with 4 other bands featuring only him. Very nice.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 am 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
Laugh all you want, Bush started a war that made some people tremendous profit because he believed 9/11 was a fulfillment of biblical prophecies. Brainwashing people to commit acts of violence by convincing them your target is the antichrist, what a novel idea! Who came up with that?

I never heard a single fucking thing about Bush starting the war because of Biblical prophecies. Like, come the fuck on. Bush was religious to a fault, but he was arguably not one of the problem people, though whether or not he enabled them is another conversation. One of the judges he appointed killed Intelligent Design in schools--at least for a while.

But entered Afghanistan on largely legitimate grounds.

Iraq is another story, and I think Bush largely had out-dated ideas on being a "hero president," combined with misguided ideals of how to handle the Middle East. But as conspiracy theorists like to say, "follow the money," and why don't we do that? Iraq is full of oil, Bush is an oil man, and in a position to understand the need to curry more strategic oil in a society that is overly addicted to the black crack. We went into Iraq on faulty intelligence and financial goals, centered largely around oil.

You're stretching to say that Dubya was trying to instigate the End of Days, which, come the fuck on. The man wasn't preparing for the end times. He'd well set himself up for a long life and easy, ironically clean living. I say ironic as, for an oil man, he lives on a relatively modest (given his wealth) ranch home that is run on clean energy.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:03 am 

AboveTheThrone wrote:

You are arguing backwards if this is your focus. It's not on us to refute what you say, it's on you to prove it in the first place. If you can't even do that, there isn't anything to refute. If I say an invisible pink unicorn travels ahead of me and occasionally drops loose change on the ground, it's not on you to prove me wrong. It's on me to provide evidence of my statement.

If Bush invaded Iraq in order to spark Armageddon, then you need to provide evidence. If you don't have that, you need to drop it.

Whether or not a bunch of paranoid Christians believed 9/11 was part of Revelations, who fucking cares? Christians also believe gays shouldn't be allowed to get married and child molesters make good politicians. Beyond that, what does it have to do with any errant, unsubstantiated nonsense behind 9/11? It doesn't matter if a bunch of people believe something about an event. That only matters if there's evidence linking the two. And there just wasn't.

Spoilered for size.
Spoiler: show

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:49 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
AboveTheThrone wrote:

I never heard a single fucking thing about Bush starting the war because of Biblical prophecies.

Bush, Gog and Magog

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:06 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:

I never heard a single fucking thing about Bush starting the war because of Biblical prophecies.

Bush, Gog and Magog

There are some issues with this right from the start, in that Bush was not necessarily an evangelical or even a big church-goer. Evengelicals claimed him as their own, but they also seem to claim Trump, so whatever. Bush seems to have, above all else, simply played a flat religious game for entirely political purposes, making friends with as many religious communities as he could for electoral support.

The Guardian bit is also an opinion piece and this entire thing smacks of conspiracy theory as it can literally be traced to only a single point and person. Hell, if you look at the Wikipedia entry on the Rationale for Iraq, this is just a tiny footnote, but like a conspiracy theorist, you are focusing on a micro point instead of the plethora of other evidence. This is focusing on the poof of dust from compacting floors over the huge airplane that slammed into the building. Indeed, if Bush did make these comments to Jacques Chirac, it could have just been some one-off comment to get him to agree to the military deployments.

We're also talking about George W. Fucking Bush here, who was not exactly an eloquent speaker. Mocking him for stumbling over words, or jumbled statements, or uneducated-sounding banter was common for a reason. He was also derided once for saying the war was a "crusade" calling up the crusades, which was a verbal fumble I think he avoided again, and which was pretty clearly said with some raw emotion behind it, if I'm remembering correctly. There was even a point once where his father told him to "tone down the rhetoric."

You're putting a lot of stock in what is essentially nothing.

That, my friend, is how conspiracy theorists work. It's a piece of hair on a photograph that "proves the moon landing was fake because reasons" or a "crisis actor because sometimes people fucking look alike."

Bush may have said it. If he did, we don't know his reasons and we didn't learn of this until 2009 and memory is a fickle beast. It was not repeated elsewhere in pretty much any capacity. There is, however, very ample evidence on many other sides of this. So this "Gog and Magog" stuff is effectively nothing.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:51 pm 

The end of the world is actually happening right now, it is just very silly to think it would happen all at once, give it a couple hundred years more of bad descision making and, boom, run-a-away greenhouse effect to keep your feet nice and warm :wink:

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:38 pm 

Spring starts and the east coast gets a fresh helping of snow. There must be a conspiracy in there somewhere.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
Spring starts and the east coast gets a fresh helping of snow. There must be a conspiracy in there somewhere.

So much snow that it's questionable if I'll even make it into work today. :/

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:45 pm 

I checked in at 6am to see if I had work, didn't, then promptly went to sleep for another 6 hours. It was glorious.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:11 pm 

On the contrary, my boss apparently changed my schedule without telling me. I hope my co-workers direct their hate towards my boss when I don't show up on Saturday.

I was planning on quitting within the next couple weeks, anyway. A different boss has been banging a co-worker and giving him all of my hours. Fuck this place.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:27 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
I checked in at 6am to see if I had work, didn't, then promptly went to sleep for another 6 hours. It was glorious.

It really is one of the best feelings in the world. It's the same when you wake up early thinking you have work, shriveling up internally, and then realize it's the weekend. Most satisfying moment ever.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:02 am 

Earthcubed wrote:

I love this feeling. So awesome to know that you have loads more sleep awaiting you. Once I got ready for work only to realise it was a Saturday - that was pretty good. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:18 pm 

I have been on this forum for 15 years today. Yay me, I guess.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156 ... 332  Next