Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:02 pm 

Check under the seat for lost homework, you might find the culprit.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:44 pm 

DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS, LARRY?

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:55 pm 

Kerrick wrote:

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:13 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS. FIGHT A STRANGER IN THE ALPS

Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm 

The best part about that scene, is that he never crossed the line, and was well within regulation. Also, Vagina.

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:02 pm 

Big Lebowski, one of the truly funniest and most quotable movies EVER! Nothing better than a group of friends, one starts with a first quote and it just goes on from there...

SHOMER SHABBATH!!!!

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:49 pm 

That censorship doesn't even work. You can't even create context with it.

Unrelated, but my Bitcoin is doing pretty good. Peaked at 18000 last night, with my initial 200$ now a cool 306$.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:09 pm 

Just got my Reddit Secret Santa gift, and it was a bizarre mix of Japanese pop-culture items. Some pretty neat stuff, but the big prize was a hardcore, no-bullshit 1/144 model of one of the robots from Gundam 00. Once this baby is assembled, it'll look freakin' sweet on my shelf.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:18 pm 

Otoku man happy :-P

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:16 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
but the big prize was a hardcore, no-bullshit 1/144 model of one of the robots from Gundam 00.

SCORE.

I wouldn't have the attention span for that though, I don't think.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:11 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Just got my Reddit Secret Santa gift, and it was a bizarre mix of Japanese pop-culture items. Some pretty neat stuff, but the big prize was a hardcore, no-bullshit 1/144 model of one of the robots from Gundam 00. Once this baby is assembled, it'll look freakin' sweet on my shelf.

Fully functional?

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:08 am 

You know what's a fun time? When your clinically depressed ex discovers you're in a new relationship and then messages you on Facebook and you don't want to make things worse for them, but every other thing they say is waffling antagonism meant to dig at you emotionally because they're hurt.

Electric Death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:54 am 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
You know what's a fun time? When your clinically depressed ex discovers you're in a new relationship and then messages you on Facebook and you don't want to make things worse for them, but every other thing they say is waffling antagonism meant to dig at you emotionally because they're hurt.

That's such a tough thing to work around. :( Sometimes you can't get angry at them because half of the things that we're angry at aren't their fault. I hope your ex figures something out.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:14 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:

Fully functional?

Considering it has a crazy-long triple-barrel laser gun, that would be pretty sweet. :V

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm 

Electric Death wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:

That's such a tough thing to work around. :( Sometimes you can't get angry at them because half of the things that we're angry at aren't their fault. I hope your ex figures something out.

She struggles badly with depression, which was just one part of what eventually led to the end of that relationship. We had also grown apart and didn't have a ton in common. But now on top of that she's seeing me "move on" rather quickly, which makes her situation seem worse, and with some "small hot blonde", that just seems to rub salt in the wounds, since she always figured that's "what I really wanted." She was about half an inch taller than me and brunette, so I don't know, I guess she sees this as her polar opposite or something. I'm sympathetic to her emotions and everything, but there's really nothing I can do about it.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:44 pm 

One of my best friends has landed a pretty cool gig: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/author/nicholas-mizera/
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Considering it has a crazy-long triple-barrel laser gun, that would be pretty sweet. :V

:headbang: Very radicult. Regular builder of models? Used to have a bunch of Gundam models (didn't watch the shows but loved the models :D ), but I played with them too much and they all got broken. :(

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
One of my best friends has landed a pretty cool gig: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/author/nicholas-mizera/

Cool beans. Maybe he'll help them stop being such a garbage website.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:

:headbang: Very radicult. Regular builder of models? Used to have a bunch of Gundam models (didn't watch the shows but loved the models :D ), but I played with them too much and they all got broken. :(

This will be my first. I've never constructed any models before. I see myself as too clumsy to get it right. :V

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:33 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

Badass. I applied for a local newspaper when I was living in Cali. I think they actually called me once I got back to Ohio, but I never followed up on the phone number so I dunno. I wrote a damn good cover letter, though.

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:06 am 

Zelkiiro wrote:

Cool. Building models is a sweet (if super geeky) hobby. I’ve been into it since I was around 10 (with some breaks) and have done an absolute shitload. These days I’m focussed on 1/35 scale armour and 1/56 scale (ie 28 mm wargaming scale) ww2 stuff. Recently sold around 5 warhammer armies to clear space and focus on my current interests, so I know a bit about what I’m talking about. Won a few Australian miniature painting awards if that lends any gravity.

It’s a fun hobby, but you’ll go crazy and get frustrated as as all hell if you don’t have the right tools. Look online for the following:

Cutting mat
Side cutters
Heavy duty craft knife
Decent poly cement (I suggest the testors one with the long metal nozzle. If it clogs, run a lighter under the metal bit)
Scalpels
Emery boards (those popsicle sticks with the sandpaper)

Are you planning to paint your model? Assembly is the foundation but you really should if you want something to be proud of. If so, consider building in sub assembly sections and priming/painting before you glue everything together. Feel free to hit me up and I’ll point you towards some good beginners guides.

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:44 pm 

I can't believe Warrel Dane just died. I'm in shock. He was one of my favorite metal vocalists of all time.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 pm 

Scorntyrant wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:

Cool. Building models is a sweet (if super geeky) hobby. I’ve been into it since I was around 10 (with some breaks) and have done an absolute shitload...

That is a great hobby which I've been meaning to get back into! I wouldn't say I've built a shitload exactly, but a significant amount. Mostly WW2 and Korean War era aircraft, but also a few from WW1 and modern era jet fighters. Man that piddly little 1/144 scale Messerschmitt BF-109 was a pain in the arse, but worth it when it's done :)
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:57 pm 

Scorntyrant wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:

Cool. Building models is a sweet (if super geeky) hobby. I’ve been into it since I was around 10 (with some breaks) and have done an absolute shitload. These days I’m focussed on 1/35 scale armour and 1/56 scale (ie 28 mm wargaming scale) ww2 stuff. Recently sold around 5 warhammer armies to clear space and focus on my current interests, so I know a bit about what I’m talking about. Won a few Australian miniature painting awards if that lends any gravity.

It’s a fun hobby, but you’ll go crazy and get frustrated as as all hell if you don’t have the right tools. Look online for the following:

Cutting mat
Side cutters
Heavy duty craft knife
Decent poly cement (I suggest the testors one with the long metal nozzle. If it clogs, run a lighter under the metal bit)
Scalpels
Emery boards (those popsicle sticks with the sandpaper)

Are you planning to paint your model? Assembly is the foundation but you really should if you want something to be proud of. If so, consider building in sub assembly sections and priming/painting before you glue everything together. Feel free to hit me up and I’ll point you towards some good beginners guides.

I'll take WH40k stuff if you don't want it :D

I like the HQ's I've done for my Marine army so far. Still got several models to buy and make though. I won't do the painting myself, but I enjoy the sculpting.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:40 pm 

Some colleagues invited me to a Filipino Christmas party.

I said, "sure I'll Tagalong."
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:34 am 

I have lost around 30 pounds in the last year (for you metric types, that is a different number), which actually puts me below my pre-Army weight, from over a decade ago. I haven't even been monitoring my calorie intake that closely lately, and still lost weight. I guess there's something to be said for getting into a routine with eating and exercise habits.

I was also able to finally close an unneeded life insurance policy and get the money out of there. Took me two fucking months to get it transferred into my name, which mostly involved "convincing them" that, yes, the other name on there (my father) has been deceased for two years. Took a week to close it. I treated myself to an upgrade to a PS4 Pro. Not sure what to do with my old PS4 yet. I'm not going to tell my son I got the PS4 Pro. I'm just going to see if he notices it when we play Injustice 2 tonight.

Also, paid off a student loan and will have my Jeep paid off this week.

Along with somehow landing, essentially, the girlfriend of my dreams that I never thought I'd get or deserve (who somehow feels the same about me), 2017--a complete shitshow across the board--will actually be ending positively for me. My credit score even finally broke the 700s again.

My girlfriend has an interview with a local game developer. Hopefully she's able to get in there.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:53 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Some colleagues invited me to a Filipino Christmas party.

I said, "sure I'll Tagalong."

:-D

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
I have lost around 30 pounds in the last year (for you metric types, that is a different number), which actually puts me below my pre-Army weight, from over a decade ago. I haven't even been monitoring my calorie intake that closely lately, and still lost weight. I guess there's something to be said for getting into a routine with eating and exercise habits.

I was also able to finally close an unneeded life insurance policy and get the money out of there. Took me two fucking months to get it transferred into my name, which mostly involved "convincing them" that, yes, the other name on there (my father) has been deceased for two years. Took a week to close it. I treated myself to an upgrade to a PS4 Pro. Not sure what to do with my old PS4 yet. I'm not going to tell my son I got the PS4 Pro. I'm just going to see if he notices it when we play Injustice 2 tonight.

Along with somehow landing, essentially, the girlfriend of my dreams that I never thought I'd get or deserve (who somehow feels the same about me), 2017--a complete shitshow across the board--will actually be ending positively for me. My credit score even finally broke the 700s again.

My girlfriend has an interview with a local game developer. Hopefully she's able to get in there.

Despite the year starting off badly, I'm glad it's ending really well. Love seeing your wholesome posts of the last couple of months. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:23 pm 

What does it mean when a lady friend says "You're hot"? I made obvious moves on this person in the past, but she never seemed interested. Now, just a couple days ago, she made the aforementioned comment... I'm guessing it's because I just announced my plans to actually do something with my life. I dunno. It's confusing. And we've been joking about getting married and whatnot, so it's weird.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:02 am 

We're not doing this shit again.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:12 am 

:lol:

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 am 

''A fantasy fanatic has spent more than £25,000 on plastic surgery as he wants to become a real-life elf. ''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4468954/Man-spends-25k-plastic-surgery-elf.html

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:13 am 

Apparently bullies are a necessary evil and they just didn't go far enough.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:09 pm 

Man, the Years in a Day show Cult of Luna put up on youtube is awesome. Great set list and performance. I'd love to catch these guys live.

edit: lol AboveTheThrone.

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:02 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:

Are you talking about the video I just posted about the elf guy? If it is so, it just kinda ironic that you listen to metal, a music genre that is over the top and dabble in fantasy theme, but if someone in real life is over the top and drived by fantasy, he must be beaten. It's like so called religious people, they always talk about souls, God or gods, miracles etc but if someone in real life that is more profound in that direction, they say that they are crazy or diabolical and must be put down. Fuck humans are petty.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:39 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:

Now that's what I call edgy :wanker:

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:16 pm 

I got the sense that he was being sarcastic, but I dunno.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:40 am 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
I got the sense that he was being sarcastic, but I dunno.

You got it, sport.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 am 

lost_wanderer wrote:
Are you talking about the video I just posted about the elf guy? If it is so, it just kinda ironic that you listen to metal, a music genre that is over the top and dabble in fantasy theme, but if someone in real life is over the top and drived by fantasy, he must be beaten.

Yes! Yes! Because everybody in the metal scene finds it completely normal if someone goes through a 300 k€ treatment to look like a real-life Lordi, or tattoos the Immortal corpsepaint to his face, or simply uses steroids, cheese and stupid juice to look like the entire Manowar. We should not rush to judge a moron as long as about 84% of us would do ANYTHING to look like Udo.

Look, dude, everybody has the right to do whatever they wish with their bodies, but if you appear on a video on the internet and look like an elf, brag about having the biggest butt in the world and needing a rear-view mirror to hit a toilet seat, tattoo a skull or hipster glasses on your entire face, or get a piercing that goes through your cerebral cortex just to get attention, you're free game. Metal or not.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 am 

MikeyC wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:
Spoiler: show

Despite the year starting off badly, I'm glad it's ending really well. Love seeing your wholesome posts of the last couple of months. :)

I appreciate it! And I appreciate my situation, as well.

Most people I know are going through rougher patches, more in line with the rest of 2017, so I don't want anything to come off as bragging. At the same time, I had to just get it out there. I empathize with my friends who are struggling. Most of my 20's were a complete trainwreck with near constant failure on all fronts. A big chunk of my early 30's was hardly much better. There gets to be a point where misery is just so overwhelming. You feel like you'll never break free, you don't know if you've ever been happy, and until recently, I was certain I never would be. Like my age was a ticking clock literally putting a timer on the possibility of me ever "finding my other half" or being happy at all. This really feels like the first time I've broken out of it. Just, all of the shit.

On top of which, things I've long considered as lost causes are on the table again. I was certain I'd never want more kids, and was pretty sure I'd never meet someone who'd have me reconsidering the very notion of marriage (again). Now, I'm not just open to both, but I can see them happening--where I think I actually want them to.

In a potentially "too much information" kind of note:
Spoiler: show
I recently realized that I've had a vice that I didn't consider, which was that I was using porn for general stress relief/self medication, the way people might cut themselves or smoke or drink. Haven't "touched the stuff" in a fucking month. It's a weird thing to consider, to be sure. I didn't think I was "that guy," but fuck, I'm not sure what else adequately explains this. It's not just "having a girlfriend," either, as my last two girlfriends didn't cause me to halt my use to this capacity. A month.

Also, my son was beside himself that a PS4 Pro was sitting on the entertainment center. Kid freaked out. The console came with a 20% discount for the Playstation store, so I got the extra Injustice 2 characters. Which he also freaked out over. He thought it was the best weekend ever, ha ha. He loves Sub-Zero.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142 ... 332  Next