Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:55 pm 

chaos_orb wrote:
My favorite is the unsolved murder in Hinterkaifeck in 1922, but read for yourself.
There are lots of sites about it, just google it (most are in german, though).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinterkaifeck_murders

That one is really fascinating and reminds me a lot of another of my favorite unsolved murders which are the Villisca Axe Murders in Villisca, Iowa in 1912:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villisca_axe_murders

Another of my favorites I learned about on a similar thread in this same forum are the Servant Girl Annihilator Murders in the 1800s in Austin, Texas.

I have a good book on it I was in the middle of reading about a year ago but stopped and I swear I'm going to get back to it these days.

Speaking of unsolved murders, anyone into this kind of stuff should be watching the American Ripper series on the history channel at 10PM EST on Tuesday nights.

It's a real life ongoing documentary where infamous 19th century serial killer H.H. Holm's great great grandson and a former CIA worker are trying to prove that H.H. Holmes and Jack the Ripper were the same person and honestly, there are a lot of connections and I want to believe it's true.

They just had the 6th episode and next week's is the season premiere, but there's a lot of connection between the two of them and reasons to believe they could be the same guy like the surgical precision used in both killings (Holmes was a doctor) and the fact that Holmes' murders stopped right before the ripper killings and started again in America shortly afterwards, and that supposedly there might even be evidence (they haven't come across this yet but I read it elsewhere) that Holmes could have been in London giving medical seminars on corpse dissection at the exact time of the ripper killings.

There is also proof that Holmes traveled to and from London at various times and both disemboweled their victims in the same manner (many people don't know that Jack the Ripper didn't stab his victims to death, he choked them to death and then cut them open...something I hadn't known and which this show has revealed.)

If they can prove them to be the same killer they'll have cracked the greatest cold case ever.

The only thing I wonder is, since this is in fact a real documentary, how they'll react or spin it at the end of the series if they don't have enough proof or find out they aren't the same person.

So far Holmes great great grandson seems SO invested in them being the same guy that I don't know how he'll react or how the show will end if they don't prove their case.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:27 pm 

^Thanks for the heads up on the American Ripper series. I'll see if I can catch up on that.

As far as the Villisca Axe Murders, fuck that pussy, or pussies for hiding up in the attic and waiting for the family to fall asleep (if there's any truth to that. I guess we can't know anything since no one was caught, but I want to hate him or them for it) before attacking the family.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:26 pm 

Here's a rough draft of a transcript for a Youtube video I'll be making. It's quite far from being completed, but you'll get the gist of it.
Spoiler: show
Two copies of the Christian Bible were found at Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan after the raid which he died in. Some of the pages were folded, leading some to suggest that he had hiden "terror codes" for future

attacks. But was he scribbling out future terror plots, or was he noticing a strange pattern? Why is it that the events surrounding 9/11 seem to smoothly correlate to "prophecies" described in the Book of Revelation?

A declassified document entitled "Alleged Assassination Plots Involving Foreign Leaders" can be found on the official CIA website and contains the following:

"I'll give vou one example of Lansdale's perspicacity. He had a wonderful plan for get-
ting rid of Castro. This plan consisted of spreading the word that the Second Coming of
Christ was imminent and that Christ was against Castro (who) was anti-Christ. And
you would spread this word around Cuba, and then on whatever date it was, that there
would be a manifestation of this thing. And at that time — this is absolutely true — and
at that time just over the horizon there would be an American submarine which would
surface off of Cuba and send up some starshells. And this would be the manifestation
of the Second Coming and Castro would be overthrown."

"And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit." (Rev. 9:1)
The "bottomless pit" can be interpreted as the oil industry, as the oil deposits are obviously found under the Earth's surface. George W. Bush is known for having ties to "Big Oil", and he even formerly owned a company in the market

called Arbusto Energy. This, then, can lead some Christians (and possibly even Bush, himself) to view then-President Bush as the "star" then fell "from heaven unto the earth".

"And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit." (Rev. 9:2)
There is no debate that a faction of the U.S. government had decided to invade Iraq in part for it's natural oil resources, hence the Bush administration "opened" the "bottomless pit" and converted oil into "the smoke of a great furnace"

through the refining process and fuel emissions.

"And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power." (Rev. 9:3)
The "locusts" can be interpreted as the horde of military aircraft that were flown into the region.

"And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon [Angel of Death], but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon [Destroyer]." (Rev. 9:11)
Interestingly, this is one of the more profound verses in Revelations and it happens to be Rev. 9:11. The rest of the passage is pretty straight-forward. Bush was quite literally an "Angel of Death" and a "Destroyer".

"And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men." (Rev. 9:15)
What a coincidence that there were exactly four commercial planes hijacked on 9/11!

"And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven. And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that

therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer" (Rev. 10:5-6)
The standard inaguaration process for U.S. presidents requires the inaguaree to raise his right hand while swearing under oath. Bush did this twice, as we all know.

"And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood. And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth

her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind." Rev. (6:12-13)
There was a great earthquake, indeed, when the four planes crashed into buildings and, in the case of United Airlines Flight 93, the ground. The sun became black in the literal sense due to the smoke fuming out from the Twin Towers.

That tidbit can also be viewed from a metaphorical perspective. The sun is a source of light which can be viewed from any point on earth. Similarly, the mainstream media which was covering the events as they unfolded could also be

viewed through a different source of light -- your television. The images of black smoke were broadcast around the world. The Pakistani flag features a crescent moon, and it "became as blood" when Osama Bin Laden and his comrades were

shot to death in their compound in Pakistan. A worthy note on this: Bin Laden was nearly caught in Tora Bora, Afghanistan in December of 2001, but he then escaped into the Pakistani terrain. A legitimate Senate report actually asserts

that Donald Rumsfeld allowed for this to happen. On the point of the "stars of heaven" falling "unto the earth", nearly everyone knows that there are fifty stars on the flag of the United States. Following the national tragedy of 9/11,

American flags across the nation were lowered to half-mast to symbolise solidarity, thus "the stars fell".

"And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born." (Rev. 12:1-4)
We see the return of the "sun" metaphor. A woman is "clothed" with news coverage, and she has the "moon" of Pakistani soil under her feet, and is pregnant. A monsterous entity is standing before her -- the beast that is the Taliban,

who have actually already kidnapped and held a pregnant American woman hostage in -- you guessed it -- Pakistan.

"And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days." (Rev. 12:6)
Perhaps this woman, or another like her, will escape and seek refuge in a neighboring region.

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy." (Rev. 13:1)
This one is laughably ironic because there is a Dominionist organization who call themselves "Seven Cultural Mountains". Taken from their website:
"These seven mountains are business, government, media, arts and entertainment, education, the family and religion. There are many subgroups under these main categories. About a month later the Lord showed Francis Schaeffer the same

thing. In essence, God was telling these three change agents where the battlefield was. It was here where culture would be won or lost. Their assignment was to raise up change agents to scale the mountains and to help a new generation of

change agents understand the larger story." Need I say anything else?

"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast." (Rev. 13:3)

"And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men." (Rev. 13:13)
"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion" (Rev. 14:1)
These two can be read in conjuction with one another. Outspoken Dominionist Mike Huckabee literally stood atop Mount Zion in Jerusalem and declared that he is willing to "call fire down from Heaven" presumably as a combative measure

against radical Islamists.

"So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration." (Rev. 17:3-6)
The crown on Lady Liberty's head features seven spires, and the Statue of Liberty is located near the New York town of Babylon. Furthermore, many Christians take the "money is the root of all evil" cliche to heart. The statue is meant

to epitomize American culture, and capitalism is undoubetedly a big chunk of that.

Ill-Starred Son
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:57 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
^Thanks for the heads up on the American Ripper series. I'll see if I can catch up on that.

As far as the Villisca Axe Murders, fuck that pussy, or pussies for hiding up in the attic and waiting for the family to fall asleep (if there's any truth to that. I guess we can't know anything since no one was caught, but I want to hate him or them for it) before attacking the family.

Well, whoever that guy was is no less to be hated than any other murderer really.

There's still such an air of mystery to it though, and when you read more about the crime it gets more interesting.

I recently read a fictional biography and a real life account-book about it.

It reminds me a lot of the Hinterkaiffeck murders in a way, and they happened around the same time: Villisca in 1912 and I think Hinterkaiffeck was in 1922.

Both were lone axemen who killed families including children and were never caught.

They assume the Villisca axe murder (or maybe there could have been more than one) rode the rails during the day and committed other crimes in other states near the railroad intersections.

My imagination wants to believe that the Ripper, Holmes, the Villisca and Hinterkaiffeck murderers were all the same, but there's no way that's remotely possible lol.

Time wise he could have still been alive, but naw no way.

However, I am really starting to think Holmes was the Ripper and hope they can prove it, but I am doubtful they will.

LeadSlinger
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:09 pm 

If I had to pick the one I was most interested in it would be the Texas yogurt shop murders. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Aust ... op_murders

There were a bunch of false confessions and also I just thought it was a pretty weird place for a quadruple homicide to happen.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:27 pm 

You guys are going to make fun of this, but I'll post it, anyway. I'll preface the video by stating that I'm not a "conspiracy theorist" at all -- I don't believe that Bigfoot exists, that aliens probe peoples' buttholes, that the Irruminati is real (although, it did exist in Bavaria in the 1800's), that the Freemasons are some nefarious organization, that the earth is flat, etc. I simply think it's possible that somebody in the CIA took a bribe from someone with ties to Raytheon or some other company that literally profits from war.

Having said that, I applied some things I learned from studying forensic psychology:

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:16 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
I'm not a "conspiracy theorist" at all

AboveTheThrone wrote:
9/11 Really Was an Inside Job...

:scratch:

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:56 pm 

I've gone ahead and unlocked this thread. But please, for our own sakes, avoid the goddamn conspiracy theories... especially the 9/11 ones.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:44 pm 

Derigin wrote:
I've gone ahead and unlocked this thread. But please, for our own sakes, avoid the goddamn conspiracy theories... especially the 9/11 ones.

Oh man, you just scared me. This has been my favorite thread to read on the board.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:08 pm 

Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but there's a fantastic podcast called Unexplained that I follow. It deals with all kinds of mysteries throughout history and is excellently narrated. Even if you're familiar with an incident an episode focuses upon I'd still recommend listening to it because the guy who runs it does really in-depth research and presents it compellingly. The multi-part series on Dyatlov Pass is the best, but they're all good.

Check it out: http://www.unexplainedpodcast.com/episodes/

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 pm 

How bout the case of Ambrose Bierce - a retired American (Union) soldier from the Civil War turned poet/ horror & sci-fi short story writer who plain old vanished, possibly in Mexico, around 1914? He is confirmed (sort of) to have toured his old battlegrounds before being spotted in Louisiana and Texas and then crossing the border in 1913-14, supposedly to "observe" Pancho Villa's Mexican Revolution. From there Bierce sent a letter to longtime friend and literary reporter Blanche Partington which ended with "As to me, I leave here tomorrow for an unknown destination." No trace of Ambrose Bierce has ever been found after that letter.

Was his "unknown destination" really the afterlife, meaning his last correspondence was a suicide letter? Were unconfirmed reports that the Mexicans killed him for espionage true? Or is it something really friggin' weird? There is speculation that both Bierce and the infamous adventurer F.A. Mitchell-Hedges were in Mexico at the same time, with another purpose entirely. Namely, to search for supernatural relics such as the crystal skull. Did the pair really activate it, with the tragic result of Bierce being lost in another dimension?
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:33 pm 

Last one seems most likely, given that it appears the Mitchell-Hedges guy was completely full of it.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:29 pm 

Razakel wrote:
Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread, but there's a fantastic podcast called Unexplained that I follow. It deals with all kinds of mysteries throughout history and is excellently narrated. Even if you're familiar with an incident an episode focuses upon I'd still recommend listening to it because the guy who runs it does really in-depth research and presents it compellingly. The multi-part series on Dyatlov Pass is the best, but they're all good.

Check it out: http://www.unexplainedpodcast.com/episodes/

Daaamn this is right up my alley. Thanks for the recommendation!

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:03 pm 

No problem! It's in between seasons at the moment and I've been itching for more episodes. There's a lot for you to catch up on though, and the recent Halloween special was cool.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:34 pm 

So, I've been researching and getting ready to make a video on the Long Island Serial Killer. I have some sources who are close to the case, so it's gonna be decent.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:20 pm 

Here's an article I wrote for my website on my personal prime suspect of the Long Island Serial Killer case:
Former Chief of Suffolk County Police Department James Burke gained national press attention in December 2015 when he was arrested following an FBI investigation into his 2012 assault and misconduct against Christopher Loeb, whom he had detained for attempting to steal a duffel bag from his car. Witnesses recalled Burke restraining Mr. Loeb with chains and repeatedly striking him in the face, while threatening to forcibly inject him with an overdose of heroin. New allegations have emerged since his conviction in November 2016 regarding his supposed involvement in a prostitution ring. The recent claims come from a woman who alleges she has had several encounters with Burke while working as an escort and pursuing a criminal justice degree, though another presumed witness by the name of Guy Malone has made similar claims on podcasts prior to her public statements. Additionally, an anonymous man under the alias of "Jay" took to Eric Koppelmann's WLINY podcast to recount his tale of discovering his ex-wife having an affair with Burke, and then later finding himself a victim of retaliation from SCPD as a result. While these accounts are all seemingly credible and interesting in their own respect, there is another story that has been ignored (if not censored) and may be the key to deciphering a web of corruption and cover-ups that entangles Long Island communities.
Peter Fiorillo, a retired NYPD officer of 28 years and active Websleuther, has been fervently investigating the corruption since his former son-in-law, Raymond Montefusco, was accused of plotting and participating in a series of burglaries. Montefusco was initially suspected of participating in the armed robbery of Strathmore Bagels on the 25th of July, 2000, though the case was later dropped. Montefusco was later convicted of additional charges in late 2004, which Pete asserts were all fabricated cases used in part of a conspiracy of [ex-] Chief Burke's. The alleged conspiracy centers around a Joseph A. Careccia, one of the witnesses who testified against Montefusco during the trial. Careccia has since changed his last name to "Colombo" and relocated to the Phoenix area, where he operated his own auto dealership until being exposed for scamming non-English-speaking customers. His wife, Gina, managed to retain her employment at the IRS despite these revelations from a local news agency, gracing the public with an opportunity to make a few one-liners out of the ordeal. But perhaps Careccia's more distant past should face greater scrutiny.
Suspect-turned-informant Peter Ghattas began cooperating with SCPD detectives in mid-August '03 regarding a burglary. Ghattas admitted to participating in the crime alongside Joe Careccia and Eddie Wright. The information was reiterated to the Suffolk County District Attorney's office on September 3rd, 2003 -- the point at which Ghattas agreed to testify under oath. Just weeks later, on the 24th, the witness was found dead in his SUV parked at Rob's Pro Towing in Ronkonkoma. Noteworthy is the fact that the property owner, Robert Spatafora, is currently serving a prison sentence for threatening a female witness of the Ghattas case and boasting of his supposed ties to the Mafia. A material witness order was filed against Careccia on October 23rd, and he was transported by Suffolk County DA detectives from his residence in Boca Raton, Florida back to Long Island for questioning.
On November 13th, Careccia told the detectives that he, Jake Feinberg, Tom Numan, and Ray Montefusco committed an armed robbery of Strathmore Bagels. He stated that the attempt was botched, so the group retreated to his garage with a mere $30.00. Feinberg was arrested by SCPD months later, in May '04, for a DWI and possession of ketamine while on probation for separate drug charge. Careccia repeated his supposed account to Suffolk Judge Hudson on July 2nd. It was in that sealed courtroom that Careccia admitted to commiting 38 crimes, which include arson, burglaries, armed robberies, and an instance where he and an accomplice had invaded the home of a local restaurant owner and tortured him to extract information regarding the whereabouts of his cash revenue, which totalled out to around $45,000. The Strathmore case was shot down when the DA's office recovered Raymond's credit card transaction records, which proved he was vacationing in Spain on the day the Strathmore robbery supposedly took place.
According to a 2007 report published by the Department of Justice, between 94% and 98% of all burglar alarm activations are falsely triggered -- and [unsurprisingly] all of them are logged in local police databases. Three were pinned on Montefusco after the Strathmore failure: King Kullen on November 8, 1999; Parsnip's Bar & Grill on July 10, 2000; and Jiffy Lube on July 30, 2000. Determining a motive behind a frame-job of Montefusco may be a matter of searching through publicly accessible property records. Records show that Careccia lived in a home four doors down from Burke from 1998 through 2002, and later moved within blocks of Thomas Spota's condo in Palm Beach County, Florida. Careccia testified at the Montefusco trial that he relocated to his Florida home after he became the target of a drive-by shooting over a year before the Ghattas murder, on April 28, 2002. He stated that a neighbor approached him immediately after the shooting, but he claimed to not remember the neighbor's identity. One can't help but wonder if Careccia had done certain things with his neighbors which they didn't want to be revealed. He had already admitted to committing 38 serious offenses to detectives during the Ghattas investigation. He had, no doubt, been expecting a lengthy prison sentence. Perhaps he had been expecting to receive a much lighter punishment if he ratted out his "friends in high places". Perhaps Burke and Spota forsaw Careccia's plans and approached him with an alternative "Get Out of Jail Free Card". Perhaps Burke and Spota conspired with him to fabricate a case so that a judge and jury would let him walk free for "cooperating" as a "witness".
KING KULLEN
Joseph Careccia testified that Raymond Montefusco, John Bruno, and Tom Newman solicited him for help stealing a stockpile of cash from a safe in a King Kullen gorcery store after hours of operation. Raymond conspired to ensure he would be on-duty on the night they would burglarize the store and would take the dispatch call regarding the security alarm triggering to then report back to SCPD that it was a false alarm. The King Kullen store was within feet of his sector, and he used a Nextel Point-to-Point to orchestrate the hit and watch for other officers or potential witnesses while the accomplices broke in. Careccia told Montefusco that he would refuse to enter the store unless he saw his patrol car in the front parking lot. King Kullen alarms are triggered at 1:03:29 a.m. when Door #602 is opened, according to the retailer's own records. Mr. Fiorillo points out that none of the several other alarms in the store were ever triggered by that point. Pete suggests that this indicates the perps (who he believes are still unidentified and have no affiliation with Careccia) deliberately created a false alarm and fleed to test the response of local law enforcement. If this is indeed what happened, then it seems to be in conflict with Careccia's testimony. Why would the burglars evade the premises without entering the store if they were working under the guidance of two cops who assured them they would take the call?
As per Careccia's testimony, at 1:11 a.m. Montefusco received a call from dispatch about an audible alarm sounding off at King Kullen. Pete rebutes such a claim by insisting that the store's management staff had requested their security alarm company switch to silent alarms prior to the date of the intrusion. Careccia went on to testify that Montefusco reported back to the station at 1:13 a.m., agreeing to investigate the alarm; and reported "premises appear to be secure" at 1:16 a.m. He stated that he and Eddie Wright entered the building, Wright tore the alarm box off the wall. The act of destroying the alarm would be rather unnecessary, given Careccia's sworn statements that there were two police officers covering for him and Wright at the time. Further doubt is cast by the fact that Eddie Wright was incarcerated in a Virginia jail for attempted manslaughter at the time these events supposedly unfolded. When asked to confirm that Wright participated in the burglary, Careccia testified that his assertion was correct. Suspiciously, Careccia changed his mind after the following recess and stated that it was a David Cipkin, instead. Cipkin denied participating in the burglary, despite admitting to multiple other felonies.
1:33:02 a.m. marks the first conclusive sign of entry with the tampering of King Kullen's safe and ATM. Nearby patrol officers are advised that the alarms are again ringing at 1:44:29 a.m. Motion alarms 602 and 603 are activated ten seconds later. Careccia testified that Montefusco told dispatch to tell nearby officers not to respond at 1:53:28 a.m. Fiorillo points out that this call was allegedly made just a second short of nine minutes after nearby officers were notified of the breach -- undoubtedly a long time to needlessly wait before calling off the heat.
Perhaps the most damning argument against Careccia's testimony is the fact that Montefusco appears to have been in the process of issuing a ticket at the time he allegedly entered the King Kullen. A data check call was made by Montefusco at 12:52 a.m. after he had stopped a driver at a Taco Bell over a broken headlight. Montefusco spotted Sector Car 308 at 12:56 a.m. and requested that he switch his CB over to the Countywide Band. 308 complied and questioned Montefusco's whereabouts. Montefusco then confirmed his location and requested backup, with 308 ultimately accepting the request. Montefusco made another call to dispatch at 1:00 a.m., asking for a warrant and stolen car check. That call was made less than four minutes before the first King Kullen alarm of the night was triggered. The driver was tracked down and questioned by Fiorillo via phone before Montefusco's trial, revealing two interesting recollections: the traffic stop had lasted approximately 20 minutes and there were two officers present throughout the whole ordeal. The first statement is significant because he was undeniably pulled over by Montefusco just after 12:50 a.m., and Montefusco was alleged to have broken into King Kullen roughly thirteen -- not twenty -- minutes later. The second statement is significant because the other officer who was present at the traffic stop was never interviewed by DA's office. It's understandable that one might question whether the driver simply overestimated the traffic stop by a few minutes. Less understandable is the DA's hesitance to comply with the Defense's requests to provide the Countywide recordings of the night. The tapes were eventually given, though all names had been redacted.
PARSNIP'S BAR & GRILL
Joe Careccia testified at Montefusco's trial that himself, David Cipkin, Eddie Wright, and Jake Feinberg burglarized Parsnip's Bar & Grill (now "Parsnip's Pub") on the early morning of July 10th, 2000 after hearing rumors of $25,000 worth of cash being stowed away in a safe located on the premises. He claimed they were unable to find the fabled safe, so they resorted to stealing about fifty bottles of alcohol. Feinberg's testimony differed from the other witnesses in that he stated he saw a dark green Exterra cruising around the block before breaking and entering the bar. According to Feinberg, Careccia reassured him by telling him the driver was an acquaintance in uniform. The group returned to Careccia's garage with an estimated 200 bottles of alcohol after completing the burglary. Montefusco waited until Wright and Cipkin left before hanging out for approximately 45 minutes, all-the-while conversing and unloading cases of alcohol from Montefusco's Exterra. Careccia, on the other hand, never mentioned Montefusco being at his house on that morning. David Cipkin was placed at Careccia's garage during that timeframe by both Careccia and Feinberg. Cipkin, when asked about his suspected involvement in a burglary of Parsnip's, responded with, "I wasn't there. I didn't do that one."
JIFFY LUBE
Joseph Careccia testified that, on late July 30th, 2000, he and David Cipkin burglarized a local Jiffy Lube with guns in hand while then-Officer Raymond Montefusco and Tom Newman acted as lookouts. Newman allegedly staked out one end of the block while Montefusco monitored the other. Montefusco's role was to inform Newman via CB radio if fellow officers were to approach the scene, and Newman would then alert Caerccia and Cipkin. Careccia testified that Cipkin climbed a tree in the parking lot to cut wires which led to the building. Cipkin was questioned regarding said wires later in the trial, to which he replied, "What wires? I don't know what you're talking about". The wires were, in fact, cut when the manager and police arrived that night.
Careccia continued his testimony by stating that himself and Cipkin entered through the bay doors in the rear of the building. Allegedly, they were only inside for roughly thirty seconds before they spotted headlights from a car that pulled into the parking lot. The driver and passenger of that car -- both females -- took the stand as witnesses in the trial. They testified that they had made a wrong turn onto the road which runs alongside Jiffy Lube's property, and that they pulled into the parking lot to re-route. They stated that they saw two men dressed in black clothing run toward an exterior door as they were turning around. When prompted, they claimed that they didn't hear alarms ringing until their front tires hit the road on their exit. Careccia testified that he and his accomplices never reached the safe that they had initially intended to loot, despite the fact that it was within a few feet of the door they allegedly exited through. Adding further suspicion, Careccia later testified that he and Cipkin fleed the building because they receieved a radio call from Newman warning them to vacate the premises -- not because they saw headlights. Careccia later admitted that they might have been inside the building for longer than thirty seconds, back-stepping (pun intended) from his previous assertion that he was only inside for a maximum of thirty seconds.
Fiorillo states that the Jiffy Lube safe was located under a counter at the time of the burglary, contrary to SCPD's description of a wall safe in the official police report. The investigation was serious enough to warrant aerial photographs being taken of the property, yet no photos were ever taken of the safe. Fiorillo has uncovered another fact that was never mentioned at his former son-in-law's trial: a truck had been stolen from a business next-door and recovered by police shortly after, around midnight. The driver told the questioning officers he was "borrowing" it from his boss and that he was simply joy-riding. The driver was never interrogated beyond the initial stop, despite being a likely suspect in the Jiffy Lube incident.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:55 am 

A favorite of mine is "Who put Bella in the Wych Helm?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_put_Bella_in_the_Wych_Elm%3F

A female skeleton was found inside an Elm tree and someone spray painted the graffiti "Who put Bella in the Wych Elm?" There is a theory that she was a Nazi spy during WW2.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

Rkit
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:17 am 

Weird shit. After reading through the explanations, the parachute mines seems to be the most plausible and in line with the injuries they received.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:33 pm 

Has anyone ever figured out what the backmasking vocal bits in Dissection's "Beyond the Horizon" say? They're really subtle, I never noticed it until recently. I wonder if Jon hid hints in that album that he was going to commit suicide.

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:13 am 

Here's one that was posted here a while ago: The Rock County John Doe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_County_John_Doe

Guy was wearing a Venom shirt and a homemade pendant. It looks like he had a pretty bad home life, no one ever claimed the body or reported him missing. There's also this "River Guy" who people think is connected. I don't really know enough about the era or area to make much of a judgement though. Whatever happened, it's awful it did. The whole story leaves me sad to be honest.

Timeghoul wrote:
A favorite of mine is "Who put Bella in the Wych Helm?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_put_Bella_in_the_Wych_Elm%3F

A female skeleton was found inside an Elm tree and someone spray painted the graffiti "Who put Bella in the Wych Elm?" There is a theory that she was a Nazi spy during WW2.

I remember hearing about this but I don't know how much truth there is in the graffiti. Just sounds like a loosely connected trend.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:03 am 

I think someone unrelated to the site made a thread here once asking if anybody here knew anything about that guy with the Venom shirt but nothing came of it...
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am 

Has anyone heard of the Borley Rectory? I've been reading about it for many years and just realized it's all bullshit...

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 am 

Diamhea wrote:
I think someone unrelated to the site made a thread here once asking if anybody here knew anything about that guy with the Venom shirt but nothing came of it...

Yeah, that was when I first heard of it. Shame nothing came of it in the end.

~Guest 417011
Not a Mistress

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:46 pm 

Unity wrote:
Has anyone heard of the Borley Rectory? I've been reading about it for many years and just realized it's all bullshit...

Yes! I used to live near to where it once stood. It's a marvellous tale, and not all as bullshit as you might think, dependent entirely on who and when you speak to (them). I'm not a mistress on the subject at all, but i'll see if I can clarify anything.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:43 pm 

Unity wrote:

Never heard of this and reading now. This paragraph and specifically the sentence I've bolded caught my eye:

"The uncritical acceptance of Price's reports prompted a formal study by the Society for Psychical Research (SPR), which rejected most of the sightings as either imagined or fabricated and cast doubt on Price's credibility. His claims are now generally discredited by ghost historians."

What the shit is this? There's ghost historians? There are legitimate ghost sightings that were not discredited by these historians?

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:13 pm 

DwightSchrute wrote:
Unity wrote:

Yes! I used to live near to where it once stood. It's a marvellous tale, and not all as bullshit as you might think, dependent entirely on who and when you speak to (them). I'm not a mistress on the subject at all, but i'll see if I can clarify anything.

Well, supposedly it's been proved that researcher Harry Price (who wrote three books on the subject) was actually a con-man and fabricated most of the phenomena, along with Marianne Foyster (wife of rector Lionel Foyster) who was having an affair and used the phenomena to cover up her liaisons. Also it seems that all the stories and legends surrounding the Rectory had been invented.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:15 pm 

I think I'm gonna watch that new A&E series Who Killed Tupac? And I'm still surprised to hear myself say that - considering my total lack of interest in gangsta rap in particular, and hip hop in general. In the little time I ever spent thinking about Tupac, I'd always easily written it off as just another gangland shooting.
Turns out there really are questions: contradictory witness statements all taken at face value and jiggered to fit into a quasi-coherent narrative; halfass police work ignoring obvious lines of inquiry, some even offered by willing informants who were ignored; and unresolved involvement of (supposedly reputable) powerful folks in the music industry and other civilian groups. All this means, my avoidance of hip-hop culture is outweighed by my love of unsolved mysteries.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:47 pm 

"Soaked in Bleach" was pretty good. I watched in on Netflix several months ago.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 pm 

I forgot what document it was from, but I remember reading in a declassified report that UFO's were part of a "psychological warfare" campaign. This leads me to believe that the Russians and/or Chinese are flying what looks like alien crafts over American soil for one reason or another. What's interesting is that there have been a lot of credible UFO sightings/reports near nuclear weapons stockpiles in the States; in one case, the control systems for nuclear missiles went completely down at Malmstrom Air Force Base for several minutes shortly after a UFO was spotted hovering in the area. This makes me think of two possibilities:

1) The United States' adversaries are planning on blowing up our own nuclear weapons and blaming it on aliens
2) Russia and/or China are engaging in some kind of nuclear disarmament operation, leading the public to believe that aliens are visiting Earth and trying to persuade us to give up our nuclear capabilities (there are actually tons of UFO enthusiasts who already believe this... from whom is this idea coming from? Food for thought.)

I'm gonna see if I can't find that document that concluded UFO's are "psychological warfare". It might have been taken down, actually.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 pm 

The problem with that theory though, is that such a Russian or Chinese aircraft would have to have the ability to enter and penetrate deep into US airspace undetected. As far as anyone knows, even the best stealth US aircraft don't have that ability, at least not to that degree.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:40 pm 

True, but the theory makes so much sense. It's very possible that the Russians/Chinese have those capabilities now.

MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:12 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
The problem with that theory though, is that such a Russian or Chinese aircraft would have to have the ability to enter and penetrate deep into US airspace undetected. As far as anyone knows, even the best stealth US aircraft don't have that ability, at least not to that degree.

And there's the flaw in that theory. Besides, if cold war China or Russia had access to planes like that, why not use them for something more? Can you imagine if they'd used something like that during the Vietnam or Korean wars?

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:22 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:

I'm gonna see if I can't find that document that concluded UFO's are "psychological warfare". It might have been taken down, actually.

OF COURSE IT WAS TAKEN DOWN.

IT'S SOMETHING THEY (TM) DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:38 pm 

No, seriously, I went back to view whatever document it was and it was down. This was a couple years ago, though.

Edit: Found it

Also:
Russian missiles get "invisibility cloak" to hide from Western radars

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:22 pm 

There is a theory - I read in Annie Jacobsen's book on Area 51 - that whatever crashed at Roswell was a Soviet-built craft modelled from designs stolen from Germany at the end of war. (Whether the Germans got those designs from aliens is anyone's guess.) As for the "alien bodies" recovered at the crash, much if not all of the aliens' appearance could in fact be humans with some deformity whose name I forget. It is conceivable that Stalin would have considered such people expendable and used them as pilots for dangerous experimental aircraft.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:04 pm 

^ That's interesting. I just did some research and there's apparently a skin condition called harlequin ichythiosis that looks like this:

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:27 pm 

Nah I don't think harlequin ichthyosis is the one. Back in 1947 that was almost always fatal at birth, not even surviving to the childlike size of the supposed Roswell aliens. Nobody suffering from that disease could have been used to pilot Stalin's saucer in '47.

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 pm 

There's a great documentary on nexflix called "unacknowleged". Goes into detail about the "ufos as psy-ops" angle and makes a convincing case for it.

On the topic of UFOs though, one of my pet theories is that they are of terrestrial origin and have been here all along. Nearly every culture has some kind of myth about small humanoids who live inside the earth and steal peoples children and occasionally adults. Even has the "missing time" phenomenon.

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/UFOs/ufofairies.htm

^ outlines the theory

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 am 

Some claim to have "deciphered" the message in the Roswell photo as they go over the "balloon" wreckage.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:16 am 

Alternate translation: AFTER LOOKING AT CRAP ON GROUND, PICK UP "LUNCH" - HAM SANDWICH FOR TONY, PASTRAMI ON RYE FOR BILL, EGG SANDWICH [words missing] UFO.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next