Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:33 pm 

soul_schizm wrote:
One of the Zodiac killer's ciphers was recently decoded:

https://hypebeast.com/2020/12/zodiac-killer-cypher-51-years-decrypted-news

There are two more left.

It’s really amazing whoever this was, was able to write ciphers that took over 50 years to crack.

Based on that, I really doubt he will ever have his identity in one of them even though I think he said he would in one of them at some point.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:09 pm 

Either the Zodiac maniac passed away 40 years ago or is somehow still around today. Probably died in prison decades ago or perhaps came to a untimely death via some kind of accident such as maybe car accident or drowning accident.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:04 am 

It's not an unsolved mystery, but a mod said this thread is basically the same as the favorite true crime thread I created. It's why I'm posting this and other favorite true crime stories here. As I said it's not unsolved, but an amdin decided to lock the other thread.

H.H. Holmes was an American serial killer. He had confessed to almost 30 killings, but it's believed the number is closer to 200. He had a "custom" hotel built in Illinois. It was built with trap rooms and chutes leading to the basement. Some of the trap rooms could be sealed to be airtight and rooms with pipes leading in to release poison gas among other traps. The basement had acid vats and a crematorium. He was finally arrested and hung in 1896. In an unusual twist he had requested to be buried 10 feet, in a coffin encased in cement. There was a discussion that he had escaped the hangman's noose, so he was exhumed in 2017. Due to him being encased in concrete, his clothing was perfectly intact. His mustache was found to also be perfectly intact. It was confirmed to be him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:20 am 

It's weird for me to think that they would honor his wishes about what was to be done with his body after all the bodies he fed to rats, or dissolved in acid, or whatever.

Why in the world did he care that his body was to be encased in cement?
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:00 am 

He believed grave robbers would steal his body and it use it for dissection. I am really surprised all the horrible things that he did, they honored his wishes. Just from the nature of his crimes, it obvious he was completely gone. Speaking of his mental health. One of his defenses was that he was possessed by Satan. He also said during his imprisonment, that his face had changed. His now looked identical to Satan.

Blekhimmel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:32 am 

Sorry bit I don't know where else to post this, this case has been torturing me for some time because I can't find it no matter what I do, but I know for a fact it's real.

Does anyone remember the case where a metalhead with psychosis beheaded his mother and some other family members?

I saw this case years ago on tumblr, but can't remember his name. I tried googling but nothing comes up. The details can be incorrect but I know for a fact the murderer was a metalhead (and I think he had a band?), and he killed multiple people and they were his relatives. I think his band was/is on archives too.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:27 pm 

I think there was more than one case like that. The guy from NME killed his mom during a drug-fueled psychosis, and there was also the drummer for Eric Clapton that went berzerk and killed a couple family members with a hammer.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:24 pm 

yeah you're probably talking about kurt struebing of NME. great debut album, sad story.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:45 pm 

There was Karathorn from Carpe Noctem qho beheaded is friend and posted the photos online before killing himself in a car crash.

Then yeah, Kurt from NME. Killed his mother (adoptive ) because he thought she was a robot.

Jim Gordon from Derek and the Dominoes killed his mother eith a hammer and a knife, currently in a psychiatric facility...claims his mother is still alive.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:51 am 

One that is is debatable if it has been solved or not solved is the West Memphis Three. In 1994 three teenagers were convicted and received sentences of death and life imprisonments. The conviction was for the murder of three children. The prosecution tried to play it as crimes related to the teenagers as being part of a Satanic cult, or "Satanic" crimes. There was no DNA evidence tying the three to the crimes, but there was DNA evidence not related to the victims or the guilty parties at the crime scene. An initial polygraph test showed deception on the part of the accused teenagers. In 2011 all three teens were allowed to enter what is called an Alford Plea. In layman's terms it allows someone to enter a guilty plea, but at the same time lets a person maintain their innocence. It is usually a legal move used for individuals found to have been denied proper legal justice. All three individuals were released after entering these pleas during retrials. The entire thing really shows how inept the United States legal system can be at times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three

Blekhimmel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:25 pm 

Space_alligator wrote:

Then yeah, Kurt from NME. Killed his mother (adoptive ) because he thought she was a robot.

Sadly, nope. I know about it because I really love NME's songs.

I think the case is more recent than that. The guy is younger. I saw a photo of him recording a song in a studio and sobbing in court I think. Never saw a mugshot so it's probably not from the US.
And even if it was a hoax to promote the band, which is silly, I think it would still get more recognition. It puzzles me why I can't find it.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:24 am 

for people interested in the dyatlov pass incident - some recent research sheds some very plausible light on it: https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/01 ... lains-why/

tldr is a kind of small "delayed slab" avalanche

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:14 pm 

Renardmul89 wrote:
One of the most interesting on there is the disappearance of the Sodder children. A family of 9 children, plus the husband and wife were asleep when their house mysteriously caught fire. It was a small town in 1945 and there house just burned and burned before help came. The Father, Mother and four children escaped. Five of the children just disappeared. A lone liver was found in the ashes, it turned out it was a cows liver. It was never proven who put it there. The parents were apparently so distraught they had the entire remnants bulldozed before the fire even cooled. They spent their lives searching for their missing children. In 1967 they received a picture in the mail, with this written on the back:
Louis Sodder
I love brother Frankie
Ilil boys
A90132 or 35

Very interesting and bizarre case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodder_children_disappearance

Hexenmacht46290
Has a GED in Gamercide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:39 pm 

wizard_of_bore wrote:
One that is is debatable if it has been solved or not solved is the West Memphis Three. In 1994 three teenagers were convicted and received sentences of death and life imprisonments. The conviction was for the murder of three children. The prosecution tried to play it as crimes related to the teenagers as being part of a Satanic cult, or "Satanic" crimes. There was no DNA evidence tying the three to the crimes, but there was DNA evidence not related to the victims or the guilty parties at the crime scene. An initial polygraph test showed deception on the part of the accused teenagers. In 2011 all three teens were allowed to enter what is called an Alford Plea. In layman's terms it allows someone to enter a guilty plea, but at the same time lets a person maintain their innocence. It is usually a legal move used for individuals found to have been denied proper legal justice. All three individuals were released after entering these pleas during retrials. The entire thing really shows how inept the United States legal system can be at times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three

That stepfather sounds very guilty, and the police are very lazy.
With my weed, I smoke every day
If I'm not high, the hate will escape
I smoke and smoke, stoned as a fuck
Weed is my life, weed is my love…
-John Gallagher

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9