Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lagartija
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:33 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
I am not an avid soccer fan either but I support my local team, Real Sociedad from Donostia(San Sebastián, Basque Country, Spain). Not a top team but when things go smoothly we can fight betwen the 7-8 beast teams. Although we have foreigners a major part of the players are Basque or at least have played in the junior team.

You were doing very well this year until recently...
I used to be a Valencia fan as I grew up there, but totally lost interest when music took over and I got fed up with all the fucking corruption in the management (they do say that there are two things Valencia does better than anywhere else: paella and corruption).
I've now been in Barcelona for a few years and kind of got into following them, but they're so used to winning everything all the time that anything else is a major tragedy...

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:29 pm 

Last night Sporting CP won the Portuguese League Cup for the fourth time by beating Benfica 2-1.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:21 am 

Well my team from Greece PAOK made it to the quarter finals of the Europa Conference League and will face Marseille.

Never thought I would watch my team fighting such strong opponents and I really hope I can see the boys moving forward even more.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

gestapothrash
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:20 am 

Good to see PAOK on a scale like this, they’re also my favourite Greek team. I remember going to Florina before covid began, and literally every single wall or available space has “PAOK” graffitied on it. You could be driving in the middle of nowhere, nothing except highway for hours and hours, and there will be a random object in an open field and you’ll still see PAOK tagged on it lol.
Imagine getting pounded on the side of the head with a rather average-sized brick approximately four times a second for a half-hour while a vacuum cleaner is turned to maximum volume in the background. That's Marduk for ya.

My Fukking Wantlist
My Fukking Collection

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:37 am 

gestapothrash wrote:
Good to see PAOK on a scale like this, they’re also my favourite Greek team. I remember going to Florina before covid began, and literally every single wall or available space has “PAOK” graffitied on it. You could be driving in the middle of nowhere, nothing except highway for hours and hours, and there will be a random object in an open field and you’ll still see PAOK tagged on it lol.

Yeah we pretty much are the most popular team in northern Greece. The south is home of the big three Olympiakos, Panathinaikos and AEK; all of them great teams with great atmosphere.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 5:39 pm 

Two big clubs relegated from the French Ligue 1 this season. First Bordeaux. And today St. Etienne after losing the qualification on penalties against Auxerre.

Fromage_Qui_Pue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:24 pm 

Sorry for Stade De France's mess, our gouvernment is a joke and they organized that any old how in 93, known to have a big security problem for years...

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:00 am 

My team, Djurgården as mentioned on the first page of this thread, reached it's first European group stage yesterday except for the strange Intertoto cup in 1996.

Granted, it's only the Conference League, but it's good money by our standards and a big boost of prestige for the club.

We eliminated three teams in the qualification rounds:

First Croatian side Rijeka, 4-1 on aggregate (2-1 away, 2-0 at home).
Then Romanian side Sepsi, 6-2 on aggregate (first 3-1 away and then the same at home)
And finally Cypriot side APOEL, 5-3 on aggregate (3-0 at home and then losing 3-2 away)

The finest goal of these games was in the first leg against APOEL. Victor Edvardsen scoring from the half pitch line:

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:25 am 

And now the group stage draw is done. We got Gent, Molde and Shamrock Rovers. This is a great draw, because we have a good chance at winning the group. Some other supporters were wishing for big clubs from high-ranked leagues, but my preference will always be on the possibilities to win matches and advance.

We actually faced Shamrock in the UEFA Cup qualification in 2002, and won both games.

Aldrahn333
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:33 am 

If ManUtd manages to beat Arsenal (the match is right now) could be the real turning point of their fortunes!

GGMU

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:14 pm 

Aldrahn333 wrote:
If ManUtd manages to beat Arsenal (the match is right now) could be the real turning point of their fortunes!

GGMU

As An Arsenal fan I am not even mad that we lost. I think we played ok-ish and you can expect the derby matches in PL to go all ways. I still think that Arsenal is finishing in the top 4-5 this year. Arteta has done a good job.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:52 pm 

Success in the Conference League for my Djurgården. With one game left in the group stage, we've already secured first place in the group and thereby gone straight to round of 16. We've beaten Gent twice, Molde twice, and drew away against Shamrock Rovers. We still have Shamrock at home remaining, but so far we're unbeaten, and in good company:

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 5:31 am 

Does anyone still care about this thread?

Manchester City vs. Inter Milan in the Champions League final. Who'd have guessed back in September that Inter would reach the CL final this season?

Anyway, if City don't finally win it this year, then they'll never win it. They have the best team by far and Haaland in absolute beast mode.

I couldn't care less about that plastic club, but I'd rather they be the ones winning the final due to having former Benfica players such as Bernardo Silva, Ederson and Rúben Dias. And I also like Guardiola and Haaland. Haaland is not even human, I feel. He's like a robot.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 4:38 am 

It's up to Inter to save football this season. No chance I'm watching the final though, as I'm expecting City to win relatively comfortably.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 2:48 pm 

And City won their 5th Premier League in the last 6 seasons.

Arsenal really threw it all away in a year that was supposed to be theirs. Must feel so frustrating.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 10:08 pm 

Festivus wrote:
And City won their 5th Premier League in the last 6 seasons.

Arsenal really threw it all away in a year that was supposed to be theirs. Must feel so frustrating.

I'm just glad that someone besides us Liverpool fans felt the pain of going against that fucking machine. Liverpool managed to win 97 points and still not win the league one year, which is absolutely mental when you consider the maximum possible points in a season in 114.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 12:25 pm 

Dortmund blow it on the final day of the season. Bayern take their 11th title in a row with a 90th minute winner.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 6:18 am 

Benfica are Portuguese champions for the 38th time.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:52 am 

Gonzalo Montiel is in a good phase of his career. First he scored the winning penalty in the World Cup final, and yesterday he did the same for Seville in the Europa League final against Roma.

lordcatfish wrote:
Dortmund blow it on the final day of the season. Bayern take their 11th title in a row with a 90th minute winner.

The level of choking from Dortmund is just incredible.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:20 am 

Messi to Inter Miami...

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:27 am 

Dembo wrote:
Messi to Inter Miami...

Checked the table and they're bottom of the League haha. I'd say credit to him for not going to Saudi like so many others are doing, but he's already taken their money. Still the MLS is a much more dignified retirement league than the Saudi League (most dignified is being an EFL legend and moving to Australia for two years).

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:40 pm 

I'll finally get a chance to see Messi play live, in person.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:50 pm 

Saudi Arabia making big moves with player signings. Outside of Ronaldo, Kante, Benzema, Ruben Neves and now Mahrez, one of the more controversial discussions is PIF owned Newcastle "negotiating" a transfer for Allan Saint-Maximin to another PIF owned club. I have no doubt at all the transfer will be market rate, and not at all hyper inflated because of FFP.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:57 am 

So I don't know if anyone heard it but Mbape is rumored to sign in Saudi as well. For the astronomical price of 700 million. 300 will go to PSG, he will sign for 1 year and then he will be a free agent.

This is totally absurd. If Mbape agrees it will be the nail in the coffin for modern football.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:42 am 

PETERG wrote:
So I don't know if anyone heard it but Mbape is rumored to sign in Saudi as well. For the astronomical price of 700 million. 300 will go to PSG, he will sign for 1 year and then he will be a free agent.

This is totally absurd. If Mbape agrees it will be the nail in the coffin for modern football.

I hope everybody in Europe will ignore sandpitfootball.

PETERG
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:32 am 

morbert wrote:
PETERG wrote:

I hope everybody in Europe will ignore sandpitfootball.

They will. Apart from people from Portugal and Argentina - hardcore CR7, Messi fans - and the people that watch this league; most Europeans know that these footballers are entrepreneurs now.

You can buy all the star players in the world; but you cannot buy class. Form is temporary; class is permanent. See how the Galacticos failed, how low had Man City had to fall before assembling a team that had literal S tier players on the bench.

RYM

I got places I gotta be!

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:00 am 

Saarbrücken from the third division eliminated Bayern Munich from the German cup, scoring the winning 2-1 goal in the 96th minute. I wonder how long ago it was when Bayern got eliminated this early in the tournament.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:08 am 

What are your thoughts on this? https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... man-rights

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:00 pm 

Dembo wrote:
Saarbrücken from the third division eliminated Bayern Munich from the German cup, scoring the winning 2-1 goal in the 96th minute. I wonder how long ago it was when Bayern got eliminated this early in the tournament.

they have been booted shamefully early in each cup competition since they won the triple in 2020. in 2021 they got booted by holstein kiel (second bundesliga). the last time they got eliminated from the cup by a team from the third or lower division was in 2000/01 (FC magdeburg/then 4th division).
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:44 pm 

And today Ajax got eliminated from the Dutch cup by USV Hercules, currently on tenth place in the fourth(!) tier league...

Ali Gothika
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:05 am 

Anybody into Dundee United?? Wonder how the team is doing...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31