Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PvtNinjer
Veteran

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:45 am
Posts: 3779
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:43 pm 
 

Jesus Summer Breeze is a fucking masterpiece, wtf u talking about?

Top
 Profile  
Turner
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:04 am
Posts: 1959
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:35 pm 
 

I accidentally heard some Ghostemane the other day, that surely has to count as a new low for music.
People on the internet are talking about it like it's some innovative mix of rap and black metal, but all I heard is psychopathic records-esque trash with a "millenial" bent. Shit, at least Stitches had some funny lyrics.

Top
 Profile  
schizoid
Metalhead

Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:35 am
Posts: 1478
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:16 pm 
 

Turner wrote:
I accidentally heard some Ghostemane the other day, that surely has to count as a new low for music.
People on the internet are talking about it like it's some innovative mix of rap and black metal, but all I heard is psychopathic records-esque trash with a "millenial" bent. Shit, at least Stitches had some funny lyrics.


Just listening to some. What exactly has this got to do with black metal?

EDIT: Oh, now I get it. The logo font :gay:
_________________
add me on Untappd! https://untappd.com/user/ChairmanDrew

Top
 Profile  
ThrashFanatic
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:27 pm
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:49 pm 
 

Any crap made by modern pop artists is the worst songs ever. Even though that music is supposedly "subjective", I think that all of the crap on the radio today is corporate produced, mallcore shit devoid of any meaning or creativity. Hate to sound elitist, that's just my thought

Top
 Profile  
Oxenkiller
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:42 am
Posts: 1995
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:58 am 
 

Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
"Why don't you turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, I gotta do it my way, or no way at all. Turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose. I gotta do it my way, or no way at all." By a band called Toto?

"Summer brease, makes me feel fine, going thru the jasmine in my mind" Bee jees?


"Turn Me Loose" is early 1980's Canadian rock band Loverboy. Think it was from the "Get Lucky" (1981 album, somewhere around that time frame.) Yeah it's pretty cheesy but, a lot of rock from that era was, and there is certainly far worse out there.

Top
 Profile  
Face_your_fear_79
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 197
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:23 am 
 

Oxenkiller wrote:
Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
"Why don't you turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, I gotta do it my way, or no way at all. Turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose. I gotta do it my way, or no way at all." By a band called Toto?

"Summer brease, makes me feel fine, going thru the jasmine in my mind" Bee jees?


"Turn Me Loose" is early 1980's Canadian rock band Loverboy. Think it was from the "Get Lucky" (1981 album, somewhere around that time frame.) Yeah it's pretty cheesy but, a lot of rock from that era was, and there is certainly far worse out there.


Sure, there probably are but I usally don't listen to non metal songs very often. Does that make sense? I think so. If not I am not very knowlegable anyway in metal music or other types of music. I don't mean to put myself down but I know a bad song when I hear them. So no not the worst song out there for sure.

Top
 Profile  
Face_your_fear_79
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 197
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 am 
 

And as for Summer Breeze I was wrong that song is good.

Top
 Profile  
henkkjelle
Veteran

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:18 pm 
 

A stupid song with an equally stupid message about how white people in the western world are apparently now discriminated against because someone said something mean about his dreadlocks. Courtesy of Anthony Fantano who did an excellent job tearing this song and it's message apart.

Youtube: show
_________________
It creeps along in shadows on the hill.

Top
 Profile  
capeda
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 8:48 pm
Posts: 598
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:02 pm 
 

I don't know what demographic toward which this song is marketed, but I certainly don't get it.

Youtube: show

Top
 Profile  
henkkjelle
Veteran

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Posts: 3701
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:14 pm 
 

That song is horrible as a whole, but the part starting at 2:07 up until 2:53 is AMAZING and fills me up with unfiltered joy.
_________________
It creeps along in shadows on the hill.

Top
 Profile  
Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 6002
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:55 pm 
 

...What the hell was that? It wasn't particularly painful to listen to, but I'm super confused right now.
_________________
I write anime reviews. They're good for your health!
My Most Recent Review: Your Lie in April!
Coming Up Next:
801 T.T.S. Airbats
After That: Battle Angel Alita and Violet Evergarden

Top
 Profile  
PvtNinjer
Veteran

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:45 am
Posts: 3779
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:11 pm 
 

henkkjelle wrote:
A stupid song with an equally stupid message about how white people in the western world are apparently now discriminated against because someone said something mean about his dreadlocks. Courtesy of Anthony Fantano who did an excellent job tearing this song and it's message apart.

Youtube: show


This song is painfully bad, beyond the stupid subject matter. It's like if eminem stopped rhyming.

Top
 Profile  
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:46 pm
Posts: 9354
Location: At the Heat of Winter
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:59 pm 
 

Most of us are aware of the infamous rapping dog from that animated Italian ripoff of Titanic, but the original version of the song is even worse:

Youtube: show
_________________
nuclearskull wrote:
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 am
Posts: 555
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:56 pm 
 

German humor: so bad it's good!

Youtube: show


This song makes fun of the Goa trance genre.
_________________
My personal blog: http://kluseba.eklablog.com/

Top
 Profile  
Subrick
Metal freak

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 7843
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:36 am 
 

henkkjelle wrote:
A stupid song with an equally stupid message about how white people in the western world are apparently now discriminated against because someone said something mean about his dreadlocks. Courtesy of Anthony Fantano who did an excellent job tearing this song and it's message apart.

Youtube: show


Dear god, what the hell was that? Total amateur hour nonsense.
_________________
Earthcubed wrote:
I'm just perpetually annoyed by Sean William Scott and he's never been in a movie where I wasn't rooting for his head to sever by strange means.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal

Top
 Profile  
true_death
Metalhead

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:47 pm
Posts: 1441
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:02 pm 
 

Well shit...this is actually fucking hilarious but...uhhh....yeah......
Youtube: show
_________________
"My lifestyle, determines my deathstyle"

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jimbies, Metal_Jaw and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group