Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:43 pm 

Jesus Summer Breeze is a fucking masterpiece, wtf u talking about?

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:35 pm 

I accidentally heard some Ghostemane the other day, that surely has to count as a new low for music.
People on the internet are talking about it like it's some innovative mix of rap and black metal, but all I heard is psychopathic records-esque trash with a "millenial" bent. Shit, at least Stitches had some funny lyrics.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:16 pm 

Turner wrote:
I accidentally heard some Ghostemane the other day, that surely has to count as a new low for music.
People on the internet are talking about it like it's some innovative mix of rap and black metal, but all I heard is psychopathic records-esque trash with a "millenial" bent. Shit, at least Stitches had some funny lyrics.

Just listening to some. What exactly has this got to do with black metal?

EDIT: Oh, now I get it. The logo font :gay:

ThrashFanatic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:49 pm 

Any crap made by modern pop artists is the worst songs ever. Even though that music is supposedly "subjective", I think that all of the crap on the radio today is corporate produced, mallcore shit devoid of any meaning or creativity. Hate to sound elitist, that's just my thought

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:58 am 

Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
"Why don't you turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, I gotta do it my way, or no way at all. Turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose. I gotta do it my way, or no way at all." By a band called Toto?

"Summer brease, makes me feel fine, going thru the jasmine in my mind" Bee jees?

"Turn Me Loose" is early 1980's Canadian rock band Loverboy. Think it was from the "Get Lucky" (1981 album, somewhere around that time frame.) Yeah it's pretty cheesy but, a lot of rock from that era was, and there is certainly far worse out there.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:23 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
"Why don't you turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, I gotta do it my way, or no way at all. Turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose, turn me loose. I gotta do it my way, or no way at all." By a band called Toto?

"Summer brease, makes me feel fine, going thru the jasmine in my mind" Bee jees?

"Turn Me Loose" is early 1980's Canadian rock band Loverboy. Think it was from the "Get Lucky" (1981 album, somewhere around that time frame.) Yeah it's pretty cheesy but, a lot of rock from that era was, and there is certainly far worse out there.

Sure, there probably are but I usally don't listen to non metal songs very often. Does that make sense? I think so. If not I am not very knowlegable anyway in metal music or other types of music. I don't mean to put myself down but I know a bad song when I hear them. So no not the worst song out there for sure.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 am 

And as for Summer Breeze I was wrong that song is good.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:18 pm 

A stupid song with an equally stupid message about how white people in the western world are apparently now discriminated against because someone said something mean about his dreadlocks. Courtesy of Anthony Fantano who did an excellent job tearing this song and it's message apart.

capeda
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:02 pm 

I don't know what demographic toward which this song is marketed, but I certainly don't get it.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:14 pm 

That song is horrible as a whole, but the part starting at 2:07 up until 2:53 is AMAZING and fills me up with unfiltered joy.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:55 pm 

...What the hell was that? It wasn't particularly painful to listen to, but I'm super confused right now.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:11 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
A stupid song with an equally stupid message about how white people in the western world are apparently now discriminated against because someone said something mean about his dreadlocks. Courtesy of Anthony Fantano who did an excellent job tearing this song and it's message apart.

This song is painfully bad, beyond the stupid subject matter. It's like if eminem stopped rhyming.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:59 pm 

Most of us are aware of the infamous rapping dog from that animated Italian ripoff of Titanic, but the original version of the song is even worse:

Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:56 pm 

German humor: so bad it's good!

This song makes fun of the Goa trance genre.

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:36 am 

henkkjelle wrote:

Dear god, what the hell was that? Total amateur hour nonsense.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:02 pm 

Well shit...this is actually fucking hilarious but...uhhh....yeah......

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:32 pm 

I don't know if this song got mentioned yet or not, but if it didn't...

Lord_Of_Diamonds
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:27 am 

I have a couple candidates.

https://tornfleshrecords2.bandcamp.com/ ... ced-sodemy

https://tornfleshrecords2.bandcamp.com/ ... sy-spirits

evil_ivo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:00 pm 

Hold my beer and visit the Balkans. Here we have the worst music genre in the world. It is so awful that I don't want to share it. Instead of that take this one

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:31 am 

what the heck was that song "hoo baa hoo baa hoo baa hoo baaa rooo... Come on Aileen, I like singing off key.."
Some really terrrible 80's pop song, where the guy is literally off key the entire song, and yet somehow it got all over the radio and I STILL hear it on those retro-80's hits type streaming stations. Gaaah! It always baffles me how some people get famous despite no talent. And even if you had frickin' Ronnie James Dio or Bruce Dickenson singing that song...it would still be terrible.

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:14 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
what the heck was that song "hoo baa hoo baa hoo baa hoo baaa rooo... Come on Aileen, I like singing off key.."
Some really terrrible 80's pop song, where the guy is literally off key the entire song, and yet somehow it got all over the radio and I STILL hear it on those retro-80's hits type streaming stations. Gaaah! It always baffles me how some people get famous despite no talent. And even if you had frickin' Ronnie James Dio or Bruce Dickenson singing that song...it would still be terrible.

You've obviously never had a few drinks, whipped out the karaoke and had a good time singing along to Dexys Midnight Runners 'come on eileen'

Embrace it.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:26 pm 

evil_ivo wrote:

I didn't know you could play a power chord badly, but apparently you can.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:58 pm 

i think that "we are never getting back together" song that was huge about 10 years ago is really awful. first thing that came to mind.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:36 am 

Idk, I thought this was pretty dope:

Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:32 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Idk, I thought this was pretty dope:

Oh, wow. The two acts with the most annoying fanbases colliding!

Aydross
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:19 am 

Yeah that mashup is well done, song is catchy.

Fromage_Qui_Pue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:49 am 

Just remembered the bunch of for money for kids "covers" with bad 3d clip at the French tv in the 2000's, like:

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:36 pm 

jimbies wrote:
i think that "we are never getting back together" song that was huge about 10 years ago is really awful. first thing that came to mind.

That song is by Taylor Swift, and it was big in 2012.

Anyways, the more recent candidate for me would be "Old Town Road". That song needs to go away forever.

Also, how "Girls Like You" by Maroon 5 became a #1 hit is absolutely beyond me. Adam Levine's vocals in that song is perhaps the most bored sounding vocal delivery I have heard in a hit song in years, along with being autotuned to oblivion (although being autotuned to oblivion is the usual for Maroon 5 nowadays). Plus, the song is not even remotely catchy. I mean, I understand why a lot of songs that become Top 10 hits became Top 10 hits, even if they're not to my liking. But the success of "Girls Like You" simply blows my mind.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:17 pm 

Theres a newish Imagine Dragons single out and it's just as obnoxious as all their other songs. Nickelback is timeless art compared to this shit.

~Guest 660319
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:39 am 

Quote:
I have a couple candidates.

https://tornfleshrecords2.bandcamp.com/ ... ced-sodemy

https://tornfleshrecords2.bandcamp.com/ ... sy-spirits

Hahahaha this is soo fucking bad. I think at this point the band is just shitposting and not taking itself seriously; i hope that's the case.

The amount of times i've listened to this absolutely abysmal sound makes me want to kill myself repeatedly. It's really hard living in a household with children.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:31 pm 

Required Fields wrote:
Anyways, the more recent candidate for me would be "Old Town Road". That song needs to go away forever.

I dunno how many times I heard that song before actually learning its title! Before that, I was always wondering what hotel the guy’s staying at, that he can “take my horse to the hotel room.”
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:29 pm 

Opus wrote:
evil_ivo wrote:

I didn't know you could play a power chord badly, but apparently you can.

It's like a photo of a pile of dog shit in HD

Jose Cruz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:07 am 

Inspired by this thread I decided to revisit my old favorite "worst album ever made", St. Anger, it's an album that is so bad, but so bad, that it is kinda charming. Shoot Me Again is perhaps the worst of the bunch but all songs sound very similar to each other. Tallica is truly legendary: no only they made some good albums in the 80s but they also managed to beat the pop music industry at their own game in producing the most horrible commercial "music".

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:47 am 

Jose Cruz wrote:
Inspired by this thread I decided to revisit my old favorite "worst album ever made", St. Anger, it's an album that is so bad, but so bad, that it is kinda charming. Shoot Me Again is perhaps the worst of the bunch but all songs sound very similar to each other. Tallica is truly legendary: no only they made some good albums in the 80s but they also managed to beat the pop music industry at their own game in producing the most horrible commercial "music".

You... you know it got worse right?
Spoiler: show
Lulu

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:36 pm 

St. Anger isn't even terrible. Hell it has its actually good moments, it's overall not good but I wouldn't call it the worst album ever.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:31 pm 

St. Anger is a bad album that has a good album hiding inside of it. That’s about the best way I can describe it.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:59 pm 

Subrick wrote:
St. Anger is a bad album that has a good album hiding inside of it. That’s about the best way I can describe it.

It's a great way to describe it. Inside it exists a 30 min album of no-nonsense garage-thrash with an appropriately rough production, and it should be Metallica's top priority to remake St-Anger in that image. And don't change a single thing about that snare.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:25 pm 

First job played this so much and I still hate it, all these years later.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:27 pm 

That's interesting.

Someone sent that to me, I watched, and just had to think of this:

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

RakdosWarlord
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:03 am 

I am so ready to unload as I have been working in a retail store. Not in any particular order.

Say Geranimo - it has basically 2 words. Say Geranimo over and over again until you wanna barf.

Idk the name of it but it's by 21 pussies er.. 21 pilots my bad. It basically whines about how they miss the days where their moms sang them to sleep and they don't want to wake up and get jobs. So much for a go get 'em attitude about adult freedom.
em

Maroon 5 need I say more.

Miley Cyrus party in the USA. It's a shitty song about shitty songs. Shitception.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 50  Next