Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
METALSANDMETALS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:39 pm 

I remember a month ago, I heard about this song called "Kim" by Slim Shady/Eminem. I've heard his songs such as "Kill You" or "Still Don't Give a Fuck", but I checked this out just to see why everyone complained about it. And it was literally the most disturbing, most unsettling song ever. In fact, listening to it myself makes me actually feel like I'm the guy in that song doing all those things, even if I'm not. The song plays some really depressing keyboard melodies in the background and Marshall Mathers is just screaming throughout the song and even imitates his ex-wife Kim's voice in it. And at one point he pretends to slit her throat by audio. I like death metal, I could watch 2 girls 1 cup without reacting (i'm serious), but this song is just so real and so sad but angry at the same time. At first, it sounds like a lullaby and catches me off guard. Then in about 11 seconds, the song just got ruined, well maybe when the keyboards came in.

From what I heard, in 2000 Eminem invited Kim to a gig and promised he wouldn't play Kim live, but he did. And he used a doll to imitate Kim and later threw it in the crowd and Kim went home and almost killed herself. No wonder Eminem disowns the song. Try listening to it. But I wonder if there's any other song out there much more disturbing and freaky, and has the same style of vocals and content. But some people told me to listen to dancing with the devil by immortal technique, but that song wasn't even disturbing.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 pm 

You should probably stop making threads soon. Actually, now. Please. Tomorrow morning at the latest.

Arkhane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:47 pm 

It's not the most extreme disturbing song shit I know, but Mr. Bungle's "Quote Unquote" comes to mind. Music video kinda makes you think, what the fuck.

Also, there was another mention of some creepy noise group that only consisted of random "disturbing" noises and the occasional theramin. People on youtube referred to it as shit only psychopaths listen to. I cannot for the life of me remember what they were called

Rattus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:53 pm 

^ I FUCKING LOVE MR. BUNGLE AND QUOTE UNQUOTE!

I listened to a song once... It was from a niche genre, "suicidal/depressive black metal", and though I generally am not into said genre, it was actually a really intensely creepy song. Wish I could remember what it was, that was so long ago! Otherwise there's the song "Angels of Distress" by Shape of Despair, probably one of the most disturbing I've heard. Lyrics and music create a very bleak atmosphere.

sourlows
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:03 pm 

This has probably been discussed many times before. A little confused at a selection involving Eminem, lol.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:40 pm 

Everything here. http://equestriametallers.bandcamp.com/

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.