Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:26 pm 

There's plenty I don't agree with Trump about... but I am mighty impressed with his stance on the 2nd Amendment. I hope he follows through with what he's said here:

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Second_ ... Rights.pdf

Here are some of the highlights:

-Military bases and recruiting centers - to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves
-National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states
-Background checks - we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.
-Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:59 pm 

I used to go shooting a fair bit with family. Guns are not all they're cracked up to be. It's a lot of time, trouble, and money for a very small moment of "zen" when the disk explodes or the bird drops. I've had a lot more fun playing with guns in video games. It reminds me of golf, another hobby whose appeal I will never understand.

How do you guys feel about gun culture enthusiasts who feel it's their personal jihad to go around forcing gun culture every part of the country that doesn't want gun culture forced upon it?

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:09 pm 

I own a Glock 26 and enjoy it quite a bit. I haven't shot in awhile, because I've been too bogged down to go to the range. I'd like to get a shotgun at some point when I get my own solo place.

I wouldn't exactly call myself a gun enthusiast - I just enjoy them and enjoy target shooting.

Quote:
How do you guys feel about gun culture enthusiasts who feel it's their personal jihad to go around forcing gun culture every part of the country that doesn't want gun culture forced upon it?

I've never liked pushy shit - just let people do what they want. Give them the option, and if they choose not to take it then it's cool. I do think people should be allowed to own guns within reason, but I cannot stand these open carry people who think that they need to strut into Chipotle with an AK-47 strapped across their back and a Desert Eagle on their hip for all to see. Since we're trying to avoid the politicking, I'll just leave it at that: just act like a responsible adult.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

hots_towel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:43 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
uuhh, idk what your local area is like, but it's the other way around here in Commiefornia. In short time we will have to pass background checks just to buy ammunition. on top of all the ridiculous prices and other restrictions we have here.

That being said, I want to build an AR. so I have to buy a stripped lower before 2017, and build the rest on my own time afterwards. Im thinking either Anderson or Stag for that piece. I also own a 30-06 for long range shooting, shotgun for clay shooting and turkey hunting if I can get some time to plan it. a mini 30 and a mosin nagant that's just fun as hell. Hand guns aren't a fun for me, but I'm considering a glock for home defense and something I can shoot 15 minutes away at an indoor range rather than having to drive 2 hours to the desert.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:42 am 

Bought a Ruger SR1911 a couple weeks ago, I can see now why people love the 1911 platform. What a firearm. I'd rather shoot rifles myself but living in the city there aren't really the places to do it. One day I'll move out to the country...

Von Cichlid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:53 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:

I live in Texas in a very conservative town and I don't know that any entity is really pushing a gun culture on anyone around here. A person is even allowed to conceal carry on the campus I work at if they have a permit. I remember that causing a little consternation at the beginning of the semester but now no one even mentions it anymore. I certainly don't carry any of mine with me.

My interest in guns is probably similar to someone who has an interest in sports cars that can hit 190 mph. That's to say that I enjoy having what I have but I know there is close to zero chance that I will ever need it, which is certainly a good thing. I appreciate the mathematics and physics that goes into their design and there really is a lot craftsmanship and tooling that goes into many of the nicer models as opposed to the primitive designs of more basic pieces.

I keep my 9mm Beretta in a nightstand next to where I sleep and all my others stay locked up in a safe. It is an interesting hobby that a rational person can have a lot of fun and learn with, but I also believe that there needs to be some tight regulation on whose allowed to carry and purchase.

Von Cichlid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:04 am 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
Bought a Ruger SR1911 a couple weeks ago, I can see now why people love the 1911 platform. What a firearm. I'd rather shoot rifles myself but living in the city there aren't really the places to do it. One day I'll move out to the country...

What city do you live in? Mine has around 250,000 people but it is only a 5 mile drive from where I live to the closest rifle range. There is not much a time commitment involved but the AR rounds will set you back a hundred bucks if you want to do some significant shooting. There's also the time spent cleaning (2 hours) after you are through. I have fun with it though. I just lay a towel on the coffee table, grab the cleaning kit and some beers and put on some metal.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:19 am 

Oh I've got an AR among others, and there is a 100 yard range I go to, but not the kind of rifle shooting I'd like to do. Longer range for one.

Von Cichlid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:35 am 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
Oh I've got an AR among others, and there is a 100 yard range I go to, but not the kind of rifle shooting I'd like to do. Longer range for one.

Cool. 300 yards is the most I've ever done. Speaking of long range, how far do you think an AK will shoot underwater?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp5gdUHFGIQ

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:31 am 

lol I've seen that before when they were doing a mythbusters episode on the intro of Saving Private Ryan. Even high powered rifles were not very dangerous in water.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:48 pm 

^As I recall, the high power rifles are especially not good under water. The lower velocity stuff works much better - though that's relative. If you need to shoot something under water, get a spear gun or something haha.

Kerrick wrote:
There's plenty I don't agree with Trump about... but I am mighty impressed with his stance on the 2nd Amendment. I hope he follows through with what he's said here:

-Military bases and recruiting centers - to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves
-Background checks - we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.
-Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own

I should mention that what Trump said about the 2nd Amendment being primarily about personal defense isn't correct though... It's a checks-and-balance so that the government doesn't get too strong. I guess you could twist that into being "personal defense [from the government]" though that seems like a silly way to say that.

As for people pushing gun culture on others... maybe being from liberal coastal California has something to do with it, but I don't think I have EVER been aware of that. Quite the opposite really, especially with all the laws that recently passed. :(

I'm going to hit the range tomorrow with a couple buddies. It's been too long since I've thrown any lead down-range! I'll probably take my .45, 9mm, and .22 bolt-action. Should be great.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:00 pm 

I was at the range last nigh with my SR1911, XDs-9, and a charter arms .38 snubbie. The revolver apparently is malfunctioning and Charter wants me to send it back to them.

Von Cichlid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:34 pm 

Kerrick wrote:
^As I recall, the high power rifles are especially not good under water. The lower velocity stuff works much better - though that's relative. If you need to shoot something under water, get a spear gun or something haha.

You sir are absolutely correct. The differential equation that governs the horizontal motion of the bullet is given by:

m*x''(t) = -k*x'(t) , x'(0) = v(0), where k > 0 is a proportionality constant that depends on the medium the rifle is fired in. In words, this translates to:

"The net force acting on the bullet is proportional to the bullet's velocity."

Thus, the higher the velocity, the more force that occurs in the direction opposite the bullet's motion (hence the negative sign!).

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:46 pm 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
I was at the range last nigh with my SR1911, XDs-9, and a charter arms .38 snubbie. The revolver apparently is malfunctioning and Charter wants me to send it back to them.

Oh bummer! I hope they've got better customer service than what I experienced with Springfield when my A1 Loaded 1911 kept having those gnarly malfunctions... Revolvers aren't too complex and so I'm sure they'll be able to fix it easily. (Though I did have a brand-new Smith And Wesson 686 that was surprisingly unreliable. It was kinda an impulse buy and I sold it before I had the chance to properly break it in which is maybe all it needed.)

Von Cichlid wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

You sir are absolutely correct. The differential equation that governs the horizontal motion of the bullet is given by:

m*x''(t) = -k*x'(t) , x'(0) = v(0), where k > 0 is a proportionality constant that depends on the medium the rifle is fired in. In words, this translates to:

"The net force acting on the bullet is proportional to the bullet's velocity."

Thus, the higher the velocity, the more force that occurs in the direction opposite the bullet's motion (hence the negative sign!).

Ah that brings me back to my 'ol college days! Fun times. :)

Thy Shrine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:27 am 

I'm not too educated on the topic of guns, I do however, find them to be very interesting. I plan on purchasing a firearm one day.

Perhaps.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:58 pm 

Oh wow.. this thread didn't die off. cool.
One of my friends recently got into the gun fever too. Bought a Chinese SKS (supposedly one made back in the '50s) and Beretta 92FS. Went out to go shoot the Beretta and I brought along this little Star 9MM handgun I bought a while back, turns out mine doesn't fire. After doing some internet searches, turns out you can fuck up the firing pin by dry firing the thing... Had it come with a manual of sorts I might've known that beforehand. Now I gotta go around calling gun smiths to see if anyone could check this stupid thing out.. never buy a gun just because it's cheap and looks like an original Colt 1911

Also, I recently found out Century makes something called a C93, which is essentially an HK33 carbon copy minus most of the original German parts and the $2000 price tag. For all the mixed reviews it gets, I really wanna get some kinda roller-delayed blow back rifle. Anybody ever shot anything like that? I know of like 3 different copycat models you can find for under $1000 here but it seems like their quality's kinda hit or miss.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:18 am 

Kerrick wrote:
Ancient_Mariner wrote:

Oh bummer! I hope they've got better customer service than what I experienced with Springfield when my A1 Loaded 1911 kept having those gnarly malfunctions... Revolvers aren't too complex and so I'm sure they'll be able to fix it easily. (Though I did have a brand-new Smith And Wesson 686 that was surprisingly unreliable. It was kinda an impulse buy and I sold it before I had the chance to properly break it in which is maybe all it needed.)

Yeah its got a lifetime warranty, light firing pin strikes causing misfires and also there is excess fouling of the cylinder causing the cartridges to stick. But shipping a handgun is an issue. Its easier to just have a FFL dealer ship it for me.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:15 pm 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
Yeah its got a lifetime warranty, light firing pin strikes causing misfires and also there is excess fouling of the cylinder causing the cartridges to stick. But shipping a handgun is an issue. Its easier to just have a FFL dealer ship it for me.

Shipping is an issue? I don't think it should be... I had to ship both my Springfield and S&W back to the factory (multiple times for the Springfield...) and they always just emailed me a PDF with the shipping address, barcode, and whatnot to print out. I just taped that to a box with my gun inside, took it down to Fed-Ex or whoever, and off it went! I think you can bypass the FFL hassle since it's going to/from the factory. They just delivered 'em back to my doorstep. I think that was all legit since it was two pretty large firearm companies... and I live in liberal California even. If you can save the hassle (and time and money...) of going through a FFL dealer... it's definitely worth it! You might want to check with the manufacturer on that.

Going to the range yesterday was really great. My .45 was doing an odd malfunction it's never done before: the last round wouldn't be fully back but instead up against the end of the extractor. I had just cleaned it a few days prior which maybe had something to do with it. My 9mm shot great though and I had fun with my .22 bolt-action (CZ American 455). Plus I got to catch up with an old friend which was great too.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:34 pm 

Yeah Charter didn't send a shipping label. I'm going to give them some shit about that and see what they say. And handguns must be shipped NDA with both UPS and Fedx, and the post office won't ship handguns unless I'm a FFL. And for UPS I have to go to the Customer Center location, not the local UPS store. Unless I have a prepaid shipping label apparently.

And man do I want a CZ-75 for my next purchase. In 10mm would be sweet.

Von Cichlid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:16 pm 

Ancient_Mariner wrote:

Hmmm... I have a .22 Bersa that has the same issue I think. I chalked it to the ammunition being so cheap and maybe old (a few years) that there were some duds among the good rounds. Whenever I this happens I just yank the slide back and eject the suspected dud and it works fine for the most part afterward. I wonder if it might be a firing pin issue instead though. The pistol has been heavily used.

Kerrick wrote:

Going to the range yesterday was really great. My .45 was doing an odd malfunction it's never done before: the last round wouldn't be fully back but instead up against the end of the extractor. I had just cleaned it a few days prior which maybe had something to do with it. My 9mm shot great though and I had fun with my .22 bolt-action (CZ American 455). Plus I got to catch up with an old friend which was great too.

My AR does that when I've fired to many rounds without cleaning and properly oiling the bolt. The extractor has grabbed the casing but the bolt has not traveled far enough backwards to eject the casing. Always one of the main issues with that weapon. It is very accurate and easy to shoot, but the maintenance level is just too high to make it better than an AK for combat purposes, unless of course your targets are a long way off, which in that case the AR is better. But for closer range and nastier weather conditions, I will take an AK every time.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:20 pm 

I've had the light strike problem with a few types of ammo and excess fouling. What is a bummer is Charter won't send a shipping label since the lifetime warranty firearm is 10 years old. That's bullshit IMO. Should have bought a Ruger or a Smith I think.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:02 pm 

Von Cichlid wrote:
Ancient_Mariner wrote:

Hmmm... I have a .22 Bersa that has the same issue I think. I chalked it to the ammunition being so cheap and maybe old (a few years) that there were some duds among the good rounds. Whenever I this happens I just yank the slide back and eject the suspected dud and it works fine for the most part afterward. I wonder if it might be a firing pin issue instead though. The pistol has been heavily used.

Most center-fire guns are fine to dry-fire. But if you're having a similar issue with a .22... then I might suspect that it too is due to dry-firing it. I think you're on the right track by looking into the firing pin.

Von Cichlid wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

My AR does that when I've fired to many rounds without cleaning and properly oiling the bolt. The extractor has grabbed the casing but the bolt has not traveled far enough backwards to eject the casing. Always one of the main issues with that weapon. It is very accurate and easy to shoot, but the maintenance level is just too high to make it better than an AK for combat purposes, unless of course your targets are a long way off, which in that case the AR is better. But for closer range and nastier weather conditions, I will take an AK every time.

Oh weird. Sometimes guns can be finicky like that. In my case, it extracted fine, but instead of the extractor going over the rim of the round-to-be-chambered, it pushes up against it: the back of the new round is wedged up against the extractor, thus leaving a gap between the round and the face of the back of the slide (I'm forgetting the name of that spot).

Ancient_Mariner wrote:
I've had the light strike problem with a few types of ammo and excess fouling. What is a bummer is Charter won't send a shipping label since the lifetime warranty firearm is 10 years old. That's bullshit IMO. Should have bought a Ruger or a Smith I think.

Oh lame! Yeah that should be on the manufacturer. I'd keep trying to get them to take care of it fully.

Ancient_Mariner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:51 am 

No luck, fuck Charter, but I need my snubbie so back it goes.

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:06 am 

Bought me a little Christmas present this year, it's a PTR 91. At the last minute I decided against the century build mostly because of the iff-y quality of those guns and also because it's chambered in 5.56 when those guns typically shoot .308 or 7.62 NATO.

I just picked it up from the ffl tonight so all I've done so far is inspect the main parts and do some cleaning on it (they really lathered some oil on that thing).. The charging handle is a real cocksucker, maybe I've just lost all my muscle mass in my arms but you've gotta beat the fuck outta this thing to charge the rifle.
Might post pics if I ever figure out how that works from a phone.

chainsawcharlie52402
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:44 pm 

Shot a 12 gauge shotgun 2 years ago and got hit in the collar bone by the gun stock. Lucky I didn't break my collar bone but damn it left a hell of a bruise. So, fuck guns, I don't like them, lol!

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:41 pm 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
Bought me a little Christmas present this year, it's a PTR 91. At the last minute I decided against the century build mostly because of the iff-y quality of those guns and also because it's chambered in 5.56 when those guns typically shoot .308 or 7.62 NATO.

I just picked it up from the ffl tonight so all I've done so far is inspect the main parts and do some cleaning on it (they really lathered some oil on that thing).. The charging handle is a real cocksucker, maybe I've just lost all my muscle mass in my arms but you've gotta beat the fuck outta this thing to charge the rifle.
Might post pics if I ever figure out how that works from a phone.

Right on! Yeah I'd love to see pictures. I've never shot one of those but they look like some serious fun.

chainsawcharlie52402 wrote:
Shot a 12 gauge shotgun 2 years ago and got hit in the collar bone by the gun stock. Lucky I didn't break my collar bone but damn it left a hell of a bruise. So, fuck guns, I don't like them, lol!

LOL what was the stock doing up on your collar bone? It does take some getting used to and knowing how to hold. My 12 gauge (Remington 870) was my first firearm and I had some nice bruises for a while from it too.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:20 pm 

MonumentalBlackArt wrote:
I don't understand how some Americans can just not own guns. :crash:

Convicted felon. And I don't plan on going back to jail, so yeah.

Before I got arrested I did enjoy shooting, but I don't know much about guns.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:09 pm 

I'd like to have a handgun just in case I ever decided killing someone was definitely worthwhile or wanted a convenient suicide, but I have no interest in wasting money on target practice ranges or the alleged sport of hunting or anything.

Erotetic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:11 pm 

chainsawcharlie52402 wrote:

lol, that's like hating cars because you can't drive or hating women because you can't fuck. just get more practice and learn to love it :P

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:13 am 

http://imgur.com/a/jtDL1
http://imgur.com/a/YbYQ5
the camera on this laptop is super fucked right now.. this gun is BIG too, so it's almost impossible to get the entire thing in the shot. Only thing I wanna change about the rifle right now is that front handguard that you may or may not be able to see in those pictures. It's pretty thin and you can get those classic wide handguard for about 75-$100 through some sites

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:55 pm 

^Nice dude! That thing looks like a tank. :) Have you been able to take it out to the range yet?

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:28 pm 

Kerrick wrote:
^Nice dude! That thing looks like a tank. :) Have you been able to take it out to the range yet?

Thanks man, and yes I did. We had 5 guns in total I think, so I didn't get to break it in too much, it had a couple fail to fire or feeds after about 25 rounds so we decided to put it away and move on to the next one. The manual says I need to do some strange cleaning ritual involving running some cleaning patches through the barrel after every shot for the first 10 rounds or something, so that could've been part of the problem (this gun gets incredibly filthy really fast), or the really old G3 mags I bought for $6 a piece just suck. I had no problems with the aluminum mag that it came with. Ordered 300 rounds of 7.62 NATO for it, once those come in I'm gonna take it back out to the range and see how it does.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:28 pm 

Right on. Yeah, barrel break-in is pretty standard and usually a good idea to my understanding. It helps work out any little burrs or defects and polishes the inside of the barrel. That shouldn't affect the overall reliability of the firearm though; just the accuracy/longevity of the barrel. For reliability, most guns just need a few hundred rounds through them to wear in. My little 9mm Kahr took about 200 rounds to get reliable, and now that thing is perfect.

Yesterday I took a buddy to the range and taught him how to shoot which was a lot of fun. I didn't shoot much, but got to practice on a 9mm AR pistol and put some rounds through my .22 bolt action which is always a delight. Some day I hope to own property where at I can shoot...

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:27 pm 

Has anyone here shot a M1 Carbine? I'm looking for a home defense weapon that my wife (who's pretty thin) can shoot/handle easily. Due to some super lame restrictions from California AND our landlords AND taking into account ease of use for my wife... I'm pretty limited in my options and I think the M1C might just be my best bet. There are a few companies making new production versions of the WWII classic, though from what I've read, Inland MFG seems like the best quality.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:02 pm 

Guns. I can take 'em or leave 'em. But, after my dad died two years ago, we (his sons) are supposed to be inheriting a bunch of his guns, and I'm supposed to get a pistol, the old bolt-action .22, and the AR-15 since I'm the only one with proper training to use and care for it.

We can't seem to hear back from my step-mom though, and that's troubling. We aren't really sure what to do. There's a lot more of Dad's stuff we should also have.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:17 pm 

I'm very sorry for your loss. I don't know what I'll do when my dad passes...

Do you know what kind of pistol and .22 you'll be getting? I have a bolt-action .22 and it's a lot of fun. AR-15's are great too: easy to shoot, most are quite accurate, relatively cheap ammo, and very customizable.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:44 am 

Kerrick wrote:
I'm very sorry for your loss. I don't know what I'll do when my dad passes...

Do you know what kind of pistol and .22 you'll be getting? I have a bolt-action .22 and it's a lot of fun. AR-15's are great too: easy to shoot, most are quite accurate, relatively cheap ammo, and very customizable.

I don't remember the details of the pistol. I think it was a revolver but without a large external hammer. It was weird, so when he was asking what we wanted, I said, "ooh that one." The .22 rifle is an old one I think his dad owned, so it's basically an heirloom that's also an old farmer's gun. For shootin' raccoons and pests like that.

The AR-15 is pretty modernized from what I remember. More like an M-4 than an M-16, with the collapsible stock and rail system for attachments up the wazoo.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:48 am 

Kerrick wrote:

That it was Trump, I'd say he said these things just to get the votes from people who will vote for literally anyone so long as they say "gun rights" at some point. Given his actual behavior in office, he didn't believe a single thing he campaigned on. To act like this country doesn't have a strong military is more offensive than anything, given the sheer amount of money poured into it every year, the technological advancements, and the way the military is always trying to improve things for the soldiers. Yes, it can be fucking slow, but improvements still occur. If our military "isn't strong" for any reason, it's the fault of the politicians only.

Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:41 pm 

Resident_Hazard wrote:
I don't remember the details of the pistol. I think it was a revolver but without a large external hammer. It was weird, so when he was asking what we wanted, I said, "ooh that one." The .22 rifle is an old one I think his dad owned, so it's basically an heirloom that's also an old farmer's gun. For shootin' raccoons and pests like that.

The AR-15 is pretty modernized from what I remember. More like an M-4 than an M-16, with the collapsible stock and rail system for attachments up the wazoo.

Right on. My dad has an old .22 he got as a kid and it works great. Despite all of our advances in material science and machining, those older firearms oftentimes just seem so much better built.

There is something very special about heirloom guns like that. I have a few from my great great uncles which is pretty neat. :)

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:06 pm 

Kerrick wrote:
Resident_Hazard wrote:

Right on. My dad has an old .22 he got as a kid and it works great. Despite all of our advances in material science and machining, those older firearms oftentimes just seem so much better built.

There is something very special about heirloom guns like that. I have a few from my great great uncles which is pretty neat. :)

Yeah, my brothers and I need to figure out how to approach our step-mom about getting this stuff back. I'm rather anxious about bringing it up in general. I would like to have these in large part because they were his and he wanted us to have them.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next