Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:18 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Cause Obama. He didn't do anything for Katrina victims, nor did he stop 9/11... fuck the dude didn't even lift a finger during Pearl Harbor or the Holocaust for fucks sake. It's no wonder conservatives hate him... we all should really.

And of course Obama let the BLACK Plague happen too. Hmmmmmm...

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:04 pm 

So I was browsing the best albums of 2017 thread and decided to make a technical atmospheric blackened death metal band that sounds like a mix of Portal and Teitanblood with all songs over 20 minutes long. The band name is Cavernous Dissonance. Is this what metal wants?

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:51 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
So I was browsing the best albums of 2017 thread and decided to make a technical atmospheric blackened death metal band that sounds like a mix of Portal and Teitanblood with all songs over 20 minutes long. The band name is Cavernous Dissonance. Is this what metal wants?

That one Teitanblood album is rad. Who knew Black Metal needed guitar solos as awesome as those ones?

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 pm 

I want to be a Prancercising teacher.

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:25 am 

What's going on with My Dying Bride? Seems like something is very very wrong.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:48 am 

Terri23 wrote:
What's going on with My Dying Bride? Seems like something is very very wrong.

In case anyone else is wondering what Terri23 is talking about, they have been cancelling shows without explanation, requesting privacy and apologising to fans.

My Dying Bride wrote:
We will try get an official statement to the bands health and status as soon as we can.

Everything seems to hint at some kind of a personal tragedy having occurred, and some pompous idiot on Facebook had this to say about it:
Quote:
as a doom metal band, nothing should surprise you, neither death or any other circumstances. You choose doom, you must live it and enjoy it. It means wholelife sadness and sorrow, not to hide for any reason. If some personal circumstances brings you down, then you are not playing doom metal from your hearts but for business

Yeah, thanks for your support and empathy, you fucking tool.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:44 am 

Haha, that quote is some cringeworthy shit - prime example of a fan obviously sheltered from the real world and speaking in complete ignorant fantasy.

Just can't get over how good Root is. The Book is like nothing else I've ever heard - it's only gotten better for me with age over the years. A true unique.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Just can't get over how good Root is. The Book is like nothing else I've ever heard - it's only gotten better for me with age over the years. A true unique.

I agree, it's a fantastic album, and there's nothing else quite like it. The Temple, Black Seal and Madness are all excellent too, but The Book really stands out above the others, in a league of its own.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:56 am 

Quote:
as a doom metal band, nothing should surprise you, neither death or any other circumstances. You choose doom, you must live it and enjoy it. It means wholelife sadness and sorrow, not to hide for any reason. If some personal circumstances brings you down, then you are not playing doom metal from your hearts but for business

Quote:
black metal is for truly brutal and satanic people who could kill for satan, like me

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:58 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

I agree, it's a fantastic album, and there's nothing else quite like it. The Temple, Black Seal and Madness are all excellent too, but The Book really stands out above the others, in a league of its own.

Black Seal was always my favorite, but this year The Book has really clicked for me. They just throw out the entire fucking rule book. There's an overly long intro to the first track that somehow works, then a slow half-acoustic dirge for the second song, and a lot of stuff that sounds just way slower than it has to be with super odd riffing types and a lack of any kind of normal hooks - yet it all works. They just suck you into the atmosphere and world they wanted to make.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:04 am 

I think Kargeras might be my favourite. The Book was my first... but honestly, anything from Hell Symphony to Madness... is excellent. Blackie is the man. After that, I don't really know much of their stuff. The general consensus seems to be that Blackie-less Root ain't up to much.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:10 am 

I haven't been able to get into Kargeras the last few times I played it - I'll give it another shot. I tend to like them better the darker and more Satanic they sound.

I bought one of their new albums, Heritage of Satan, a few years ago... it kinda sounded like their 90s stuff but with way less imagination, much more standard songwriting and riffing.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:54 am 

Twiggy Ramirez is out of Marilyn Manson again. :( It seems he has a long history of abusing women:

https://www.facebook.com/MissJessickaAd ... 3298828005

Last edited by Unity on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:27 am 

Empyreal: Don't put on Kargeras when you're in the mood for Root. That's the trick. Put Kargeras on when you're in the mood for something beautiful and textured. What a weird, special album. I haven't totally cracked it myself yet but I am 100% sure that you don't ever want to play it when you're in the mood for Root in their satanic revelry form. Kargeras exists in a vacuum.

Nasty Savage fucking rule, I think? I can't stop playing XXX from Metal Massacre VI. I just keep cycling through the Nasty Savage, Steel Assassin, and Martyr songs. Albums from all three on the way! (Well, the old compilation from Steel Assassin, with the cool cover)

~Guest 334273
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:59 am 

Jonpo wrote:
Empyreal: Don't put on Kargeras when you're in the mood for Root. That's the trick. Put Kargeras on when you're in the mood for something beautiful and textured. What a weird, special album. I haven't totally cracked it myself yet but I am 100% sure that you don't ever want to play it when you're in the mood for Root in their satanic revelry form. Kargeras exists in a vacuum.

I agree, except for the song Rodäxx, wich should be played all the time. The ultimate (and cheesiest) barbarian metal song ever! :lol:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:18 am 

Morn Of Solace wrote:
Jonpo wrote:

I agree, except for the song Rodäxx, wich should be played all the time. The ultimate (and cheesiest) barbarian metal song ever! :lol:

Huh well I'll definitely go back to it soon. I'm sure you both are right.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:26 am 

Derigin wrote:
Diamhea wrote:
Fuck comcast. I paid two months i was behind (of which it was on for most of that), now they wouldnt turn my internet back on until i pay this month too. Paid nearly 400 with fees and here i am at 5am using the wifi at walmart. My family has had this account with them since the late 90s too....

Im still hovering about but its hard to use this phone.

Take your time, dude. No need to stress about MA. Absolutely sucks how Comcast is treating your family.

They are basically charging me for a month during which i had no service other than the phone being able to take incoming calls. Im going to contest it. The landline is disconnected now too because its been so long. Looking into another cheaper provider at the moment.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:28 am 

I just switched from Comcast to AT&T for internet and they've provided way better service.

Electric Death
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:14 pm 

Ever since the alt right co-opted the hipster undercut (which I genuinely like but less likely to get), I can't help imagining how hilarious it would be if members of Deafheaven turned out to be alt right. That would technically put them as NSBM. Their frontman already looks like Richard Spencer.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:07 pm 

Well they had a brown guy on guitar last time I checked, but maybe it's one of those cases of Nazis and Muslims forming an alliance against the (((enemy))).

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:08 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
I've been contemplating starting up a Republican SuperPAC to steal money from gullible rubes and walk away whistling, and I need a name that insults the morons without them realizing. I haven't had any good ideas yet, so I'm stuck.

"Proud to be Deplorable"

Spoiler: show
I demand 50%

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:35 am 

One of the last "free" radio stations in my region shut down at the beginning of this month. WBRU used to be the soundtrack to my drives into Rhode Island as a kid, after moving as 'far away' as an hour from the old country, and it always pushed the pulse of the colleges in the area. My parents listened to it when The Rolling Stones were "Banned in Boston" because of such provocative songs as "Start Me Up". BRU broke all the rules back in the day and ended up going top 40 later on, but there was always a little here and there on the roster that would keep it fresh.

It started as Brown University's radio station and devolved (sold out) into the commercial, but it still had a bit of edge to it during its time. Their last broadcast, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIplcBLkPHk, they let a good few drunken FCC violations across just for the hell of it.

Now that station has been bought out by a Christian radio conglomerate that plays "uplifting spiritual music". Funny enough, driving into Rhode Island a couple of years ago I would see the 'Welcome to Rhode Island' sign and right behind it was a billboard bought up by some guilt-tripping Catholics that said "Lust Will Drag You Down To Hell!". I always thought that was a curious way to greet folks into what was once a colony founded on religious freedom, especially considering how Catholics would never have survived in the church-state of the Mass. Bay Colony. Either way, I digress and people get crazy, like that's anything new.

Here's a sendoff podcast, only ten minutes long, that was a very nice goodbye to that station and I hope you folks might like it. http://thememorypalace.us/2017/10/a-bri ... o-station/

Though I'm a wicked metalhead, BRU was always there to help me hear the flow of the mainstream and introduced me to plenty of alt rock bands. From being a little kid rocking aviators in the back of a Jeep car-seat to ripping my way down 95 just to run into gridlock a mile before the split, BRU was one of the two stations that made my head nod as the miles disappeared behind me.

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:13 am 

Hey, I'm RI born and raised as well - what region doth thou inhabit, Five?

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:36 pm 

lost_wanderer wrote:

I want to be a Prancercising teacher.

Haha, this dude is one of my favourite youtubers. He's a bit silly but I like it.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:58 pm 

So, I just went from having 30 hour work weeks to 15 hour weeks... fuck that. I'm tempted to just call off for the most blatantly fake excuse I can imagine and go work at the pizza joint down the road for probably more money and more hours.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:01 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
So, I just went from having 30 hour work weeks to 15 hour weeks... fuck that. I'm tempted to just call off for the most blatantly fake excuse I can imagine and go work at the pizza joint down the road for probably more money and more hours.

I got knocked down from 28-hour weeks to 10-hour weeks. And I've tried applying to the pizza place down the road.

We're in the same boat. You're in for a fun 5-6 months.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:14 pm 

That's no good. I'm sure you'll find something soon. Me -- I live in the middle of nowhere, which is the only reason I took this job in the first place.

I'm gonna laugh when the new line cook quits without notice and they're forced to put me back on grill.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:18 pm 

Funny, I'm actually leaving my current job because it takes up so much of my time that I don't have a life outside of it and it's starting to affect my health. I already tried discussing the possibility of doing less hours with my boss, as I don't really care about the pay (having more money that I don't have the time to spend or enjoy makes no difference), but she basically said "sorry, that's the way things are in this profession" and fuck that noise. I'm gonna tell her not to renew my contract at the end of the year; I still earn enough by teaching private classes that it won't be too much of a hit to my wallet, and if I get three or four new students (totally doable) I'll easily go back to my original earnings for only a third of the hassle.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:36 am 

Moonspell went progressive / symphonic metal on their most recent album and it is sounding awesome so far!

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:52 am 

As a very pro-union person, I had a rough experience when I worked at Jewel. They're actually a union place, but they do this really underhanded shit where they hire a ton of people but give them basically no hours. I never worked more than 12 hours per week after I was trained, so basically they had an entire store worth of people paying union dues but nobody working enough hours for them to actually qualify for benefits. I wasn't making more than like 80 bucks per paycheck so I actually did get a job as a pizza delivery driver. The store manager heard I got a second job and tried to intimidate me into quitting and staying at Jewel. I told him no guarantees since he wasn't actually offering me anything in return. My first weekend delivering pizzas I walked out with like $160 in cash, two weeks worth of Jewel pay in two days. I called the store and told them to never schedule me on a weekend again because I'd never choose them and they told me to just not bother.

Seriously one of the best decisions I ever made. Made more money at that pizza job than anywhere else until my current one. Always quit your job with shit hours and do pizza instead.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:18 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
Moonspell went progressive / symphonic metal

:(

Quote:
it is sounding awesome so far!

Quote:
Goatfangs wrote:

:(

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:36 am 

Has Tom Warrior written a song called ''Stabbed in the Back'' yet? Because he should.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:38 am 

Well, there are definitely progressive and symphonic elements on here but that might be more due to Moonspell making this album a concept album about the 1755 flood of Lisbon.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

~Guest 135946
MUH BOTH SIDES!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:00 am 

demonomania wrote:
Hey, I'm RI born and raised as well - what region doth thou inhabit, Five?

I'm right near the Warwick border in Cranston, in a little village called Pawtuxet. Where are you from?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:18 pm 

I finally got shit on point to where I'm only doing about 50-52 a week at work. It's very refreshing not having to work 12+ hours a day anymore.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:55 pm 

So why do you guys hate socialism again? 40 hours work week, 5 weeks paid vacation here.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:47 pm 

Man, moving to Sweden sounds like such a great prospect all of a sudden.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:07 pm 

I've always envied Scandinavians. Epic landscapes, a solid metal scene, and governments that aren't entirely corrupt like those here in the U.S.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:28 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
I've always envied Scandinavians. Epic landscapes, a solid metal scene, and governments that aren't entirely corrupt like those here in the U.S.

High income tax, though.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:47 pm 

:lol:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 332  Next