Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kerrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:03 pm 

Apparently a bunch of people have gone missing under strange circumstances in the Tribec Mountains, Slovakia. There's a book and now dramatized/fictional movie about it. I'd be curious to learn more.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9663258/?ref_=wl_li_tt

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:39 pm 

Once a while I check out the show Ancient Aliens. Not really sure I believe most of the information on there. Most of the information they discuss I have read in books years ago. They had something on there the other night that I have never heard. In 1961 a man was eating breakfast. A UFO landed and some aliens asked him for some water. He gave them water and they gave him some food. I am unable to find a lot on this story, but think it is pretty interesting.

Spoiler: show

http://www.ufowisconsin.com/county/reports/r1961_0418_vilas.html

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

Last edited by Timeghoul on Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:21 pm 

The food he tried to give those aliens doesn't look very good - I'm guessing burnt pancake.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:14 pm 

Nowadays aliens abduct your ass and commit bizarre intrusive experiments on you. In the 60s they dropped in for pancakes. I wonder what changed?
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:20 pm 

I thought it was interesting they asked him for some water. I know for us all living things require water to survive, but I am not sure why beings that were advanced enough to travel to Earth would ask a random farmer for some water. They don't have their own devices for getting/acquiring water?

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:04 pm 

in the UK, they're filming alien landings for real:

slight departure for the thread, but the post 3 posts up reminded me of it...

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:24 pm 

Timeghoul wrote:
I thought it was interesting they asked him for some water. I know for us all living things require water to survive, but I am not sure why beings that were advanced enough to travel to Earth would ask a random farmer for some water. They don't have their own devices for getting/acquiring water?

Oh come on! Don’t pretend you’ve never gone on a long trip and realized too late you’d forgotten to pack something important. Also, the large proportion of alien encounters that involve a crash landing makes me wonder if the aliens that show up here might just be the drunk drivers of their species.

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:17 pm 

Maybe they anticipated they'd need the water to wash down the bad pancakes.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:14 pm 

My three instances has nothing to do with aliens. First is the Zodiac killer. After a major suspect died the threatening letters and phone calls stopped. Was the suspect Leigh Allen? the real zodiac? If not, how come the threats stopped cold?

No way do I think D.B Cooper survived the plane jump. Not in those conditions.

Remember the story about the Alacatraz escape? It looks like the three men actually did make a successful escape. There was a photo from the 1970s that looked just like the escapees. FBI experts said the men are most likely the two escapees.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:31 am 

Timeghoul wrote:
Once a while I check out the show Ancient Aliens. Not really sure I believe most of the information on there. Most of the information they discuss I have read in books years ago. They had something on there the other night that I have never heard. In 1961 a man was eating breakfast. A UFO landed and some aliens asked him for some water. He gave them water and they gave him some food. I am unable to find a lot on this story, but think it is pretty interesting.

These small UFO/alien stories are always fun, I think, but I never believe them. Also, gotta love the "babies first web page" appearance of this site. Ahh the internet circa 1999. What's CSS? Who gives a fuck? Here's an obnoxious animated gif used liberally about the page. Envy the blind.

And no one should watch Ancient Aliens. Nothing on there is true and the show is, when you get right down to it, grossly racist. The entire concept of "ancient aliens" stems from "I don't know how brown people built these things thousands of years ago, therefore aliens did it." Ancient Aliens is also desperately random. They'll call a long flat area a landing strip for airplane-like alien crafts. Then they'll call a large flat area a landing pad for vertical-take-off alien ships, based on literally nothing. So literally anything and everything was made by aliens for whatever purpose they can envision, and they lack the creativity to imagine things outside of what Hollywood has been crafting for decades.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:19 pm 

Ancient Aliens is a very poorly made show. If it had been a miniseries, where they focus on a few of the best-known weird ancient monuments and delved into them from both a cultural-religious and technological perspective - i.e., show how making these things would have been impossible in the distant past, that would have made a worthwhile series. As it is, they’ve stretched too little documentary evidence across years of fanciful supposition.
But racism? Come on, man. If you look for it everywhere, you’ll find it. Just like these goofs on TV looking for aliens under every misshapen rock.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:02 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:
Ancient Aliens is a very poorly made show. If it had been a miniseries, where they focus on a few of the best-known weird ancient monuments and delved into them from both a cultural-religious and technological perspective - i.e., show how making these things would have been impossible in the distant past, that would have made a worthwhile series. As it is, they’ve stretched too little documentary evidence across years of fanciful supposition.
But racism? Come on, man. If you look for it everywhere, you’ll find it. Just like these goofs on TV looking for aliens under every misshapen rock.

There's actually a really good video on YouTube that dissects many of Ancient Aliens' most popular claims in gory detail over the course of three hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92EBm4ZIU_I

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:11 am 

Renardmul89 wrote:
I actually have looked over this list quite extensively. It is very interesting.

Speaking of D.B. Cooper, I believe he is 100 percent dead. I looked up the area that he jumped and the weather for that area during the time of the year that he jumped. I used the area of Ariel, Washington as a point of reference. He jumped on November 24th, 1971. The temperature for that day had a high of 49 degrees fahrenheit and a low of 40 degrees fahrenheit for that day. If you use the location provided by the pilot following the hijacked aircraft, there is not much a difference in the weather conditions. The guy was in a dress suit, with a pair of loafers. The heaviest thing he had on was a raincoat. I believe he most likely died on the way down, or passed out from hypothermia. The reason a stack of money was found buried in the dirt near a body of water, is because that is wear he hit the ground. I believe he was dead, or near dead when he hit the water. If he was alive when he hit the ground, he most likely died shortly after. The guy was in a suit and wearing a pair of loafers. In the mountains of Washington state in the winter. Just because they didn't find a body, or the rest of the money doesn't mean much. Some animals in the wild will eat a body right down to the bone to get to the marrow. Secondly the money could of washed away, or be buried under almost 50 years dirt and snow. Even if someone believes he hit the ground alive, he wasn't for long after.

Quote:

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:00 am 

And why choose late November to do the hijacking? Why not late September instead?

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:13 am 

Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
And why choose late November to do the hijacking? Why not late September instead?
The guy obviously didn't plan as well as people believe. My only thought is he had a last minute change of plans. His initial plan was to get off at the Seattle airport, or he planned to have the plane land further south in someplace Mexico. The parachutes could of been part of a botched ploy, or he planned on jumping further south. Either way, the area he jumped in, with the lack of gear he had on was a suicide mission for sure.

Quote:

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:04 am 

My apologies for responding to myself, but I wanted to discuss this audio recording that I heard...

It is a compilation clip, but I would like to discuss the first phone call in this recording. The person claims to be in a mental institution. He says he is there due to a previous experience of being kidnapped by the Australian version of Bigfoot. He claims the Yowie kidnapped him and brought him to his lair in the middle of nowhere. Apparently this Yowie was very into a certain type of legs and this guy didn't have them. He said the Yowie had all of these removed human legs hanging around in its den. It sounds far fetched and the guy has a nervous breakdown as he talks about this incident. By the end you get the impression this guy is completely fucking insane. I don't know the legitimacy of the guy calling in, but the clip is pretty fucking creepy.
I didn't know much about the Yowie until this clip, but apparently it's a pretty big thing in certain parts of Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Tai3i ... e=youtu.be

Quote:

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
severzhavnost wrote:

There's actually a really good video on YouTube that dissects many of Ancient Aliens' most popular claims in gory detail over the course of three hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92EBm4ZIU_I

That's a pretty good debunking, although I was bothered, if I remember correctly, by a couple points that were debunked based on "biblical evidence" over actual historical evidence. Still, the rest of it was solid.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:13 pm 

severzhavnost wrote:

Nah, I think it's still pretty racist. They talk about Egyptians and Native Americans and almost anyone else "from way back when" as if they were nothing but a bunch of filthy savages 10 seconds removed from cavemen, and their focus is more heavily on structures built by non-white cultures, Stonehenge being about the only regular exception. They especially love assuming the Egyptians were too stupid to stack blocks of stone.

Egyptians, the same culture that literally left records carved in stone of building the pyramids.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:13 pm 

Not buying it. A quick look at Ancient Aliens episode list on Wikipedia shows that the program’s distribution of things they’ve attributed to aliens is pretty close between European sources (45 episodes), non-European sources (54 episodes) and unknown cultures (9 episodes). They are not out with some nefarious closeted racist agenda to cast doubt on the accomplishments of other races.

Space_alligator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:01 pm 

Timeghoul wrote:
My apologies for responding to myself, but I wanted to discuss this audio recording that I heard...

It is a compilation clip, but I would like to discuss the first phone call in this recording. The person claims to be in a mental institution. He says he is there due to a previous experience of being kidnapped by the Australian version of Bigfoot. He claims the Yowie kidnapped him and brought him to his lair in the middle of nowhere. Apparently this Yowie was very into a certain type of legs and this guy didn't have them. He said the Yowie had all of these removed human legs hanging around in its den. It sounds far fetched and the guy has a nervous breakdown as he talks about this incident. By the end you get the impression this guy is completely fucking insane. I don't know the legitimacy of the guy calling in, but the clip is pretty fucking creepy.
I didn't know much about the Yowie until this clip, but apparently it's a pretty big thing in certain parts of Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Tai3i ... e=youtu.be

There a few odd stories about the Pilliga Forest. Lots of trucks drive through there, one of the stories is the "Pilliga Princess" apparently she was hit by a truck and killed... now she haunts the area.

But as i said, lots of trucks...given where it is i guess the few lines of speed keeping drivers awake is playing games with their minds.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:23 am 

severzhavnost wrote:
Not buying it. A quick look at Ancient Aliens episode list on Wikipedia shows that the program’s distribution of things they’ve attributed to aliens is pretty close between European sources (45 episodes), non-European sources (54 episodes) and unknown cultures (9 episodes). They are not out with some nefarious closeted racist agenda to cast doubt on the accomplishments of other races.

I didn't say they were out on some racist agenda. I implied they are subtly racist in their ignorance of ancient cultures, particularly non-white cultures, some of whom, Egyptians specifically, left extensive records debunking them. In any situation like this, the options driving people are either ignorance or malevolence. I don't believe these guys are malevolent, but I believe their ignorance has subconscious racist undertones.

Also, I'm not sure which page you checked, but 45+54+9 is 108, not 179, which is the number of episodes I found. Of the first 5 episodes, the first three are non-white cultures, one is European, and the other is a general mish-mash.

How... HOW has this bullshit lasted for 14 fucking seasons and 179 episodes?? Stupidity is rampant in our society.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:03 pm 

Zelkiiro, thanks for the link. I’ll get on that three hour monster video one of these days! I remember a much shorter video demonstrating how the Easter Island heads were moved - without aliens! - which was pretty cool.

Hazard, my totals are off because I only counted those episodes Wiki described as having a clear focus on particular regions, artifacts or incidents. They’ve made dozens that are seemingly not rooted in anything at all :-P And thanks for elaborating about the show’s subconscious racism, I hadn’t considered that as a different thing. Though I’d still lean toward calling it modernist bias, if such a term exists.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:55 pm 

That youtube documentary really did a great job with that Easter Island claim. Of course there were no trees lol.

Luvers
Writes generic (and possibly meandering) posts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:28 pm 

I plan on detailing a mystery here but it will take a bit of text and do not want to run into tl;dr, so I am asking if I should even bother. It is not too overly long and does feature a clearly projected conclusion to the mystery. Should I? It has to do with C.A.L.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:03 pm 

Luvers666 wrote:
I plan on detailing a mystery here but it will take a bit of text and do not want to run into tl;dr, so I am asking if I should even bother. It is not too overly long and does feature a clearly projected conclusion to the mystery. Should I? It has to do with C.A.L.
I have no life, so I'll read it.

Quote:

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 pm 

Luvers666 wrote:

DO IT, LUVERS!
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:12 pm 

When I was a kid, as in, very young around 7 years old in [a decade with an 8 in it], I found these fascinating books for kids about various paranormal subjects. By various, I mean they only made 3 books: UFOs, Monsters, and Ghosts. These books had great art, fun information, and I found them incredibly captivating. They were published by a company called Usborne and recently, I tried to track them down again.

Against all odds, the Ghosts book (originally published in 1977) has actually been reprinted--this past October. I hope the UFO and Monsters books also get reprinted, but I managed to find a surprisingly undamaged UFO book on Amazon, but it had a different cover from a print-run in the 80's. While there is a bit of a downer in that the reprinted Ghosts book isn't updated in some way, it does acknowledge how many people loved the books as kids.

Here's the site.

Here's something I'd forgotten after I received the 2019 reprinted Ghosts book and the 80's printing of the UFOs book: They are refreshingly skeptical. They contain sections on fake evidence and photographs, complete with steps to fake your own pictures! The books note famous fakes and almost nothing is concretely stated as a fact. Rather, the books follow the history of these paranormal genres, as it were, spotlight some famous or infamous stories or photos, and work to inspire fascination rather than blind belief.

I'd love to see these books revived and modernized for kids again. The skeptical, questioning slants are something kids need to have in this era where belief in any stupid nonsense is disturbingly rampant.

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:12 pm 

I had those books as a kid! Definitely a stepping stone along the path to metal.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 pm 

This was a great book.

As far back as I can remember I have memories of scouring over this book. It covered topics like the Belmez Faces, Lenticular clouds and the last days of our Sun. I used to spend hours, upon hours looking at this book.

Quote:

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:00 pm 

Hey, I own that book!

In a different version and in Spanish, but it's the same one! I read it COUNTLESS times as a kid. It was kinda like my personal Bible when I was young.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:33 am 

I know this thread is about Unsolved Mysteries and I hope I'm not being a troll here but here goes. What if most of these missing persons case that are supposed to be foul play related are just people who did not want to be found and just changed their names and bailed.

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:13 am 

That’s it, time to change it to the “Solved Mysteries Thread.”

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:19 am 

Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
I know this thread is about Unsolved Mysteries and I hope I'm not being a troll here but here goes. What if most of these missing persons case that are supposed to be foul play related are just people who did not want to be found and just changed their names and bailed.
I believe it happens, but it is most likely a small percentage. It is difficult to truly change your identity and never be found out. Did you ever read about the case of Lori Erica Ruff? It's one of the most famous cases of someone who used an illegal broker to change their identity. She started an entirely new life, got married and had a child among other things. The case itself is pretty bizarre.

Quote:
Kimberly Maria McLean, a.k.a. Lori Erica Kennedy Ruff (October 16, 1968 – December 24, 2010), was an identity thief who remained unidentified for nearly six years after her death.[3] She was eventually identified as a native of suburban Philadelphia who left home at age 18, in the fall of 1986,[4] because she did not get along with her mother and stepfather. Within the next two years, she obtained the birth certificate of Becky Sue Turner, a 2-year-old girl who had died with her two sisters in a house fire in 1971. McLean used the child's birth certificate to obtain an Idaho state identification card, then moved to Texas and had her name legally changed to Lori Erica Kennedy.

Kennedy gradually acquired more documents in her new name, including a Social Security number. After earning a GED and a college degree, she married into a wealthy East Texas family and gave birth to a daughter. Due to her off-putting, secretive behavior, she clashed with her husband's family, and her marriage eventually collapsed. She committed suicide in the driveway of her former in-laws' home in Longview, Texas, on Christmas Eve 2010.[5]

After her death, her husband and his family found the evidence of her falsified identity in a lock box in her closet. A 2013 Seattle Times feature article about the case was published in news outlets around the world and created enormous interest in the online "websleuth" community.

McLean's true origins remained a mystery until 2016, when her identity was confirmed using a combination of public records and direct-to-consumer autosomal SNP analysis of her husband's and daughter's DNA, leading back to the McLean–Cassidy family on Philadelphia's Main Line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Erica_Ruff

Quote:

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:28 am 

Timeghoul wrote:
Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
I believe it happens, but it is most likely a small percentage. It is difficult to truly change your identity and never be found out. Did you ever read about the case of Lori Erica Ruff? It's one of the most famous cases of someone who used an illegal broker to change their identity. She started an entirely new life, got married and had a child among other things. The case itself is pretty bizarre.

Quote:
Spoiler: show
Kimberly Maria McLean, a.k.a. Lori Erica Kennedy Ruff (October 16, 1968 – December 24, 2010), was an identity thief who remained unidentified for nearly six years after her death.[3] She was eventually identified as a native of suburban Philadelphia who left home at age 18, in the fall of 1986,[4] because she did not get along with her mother and stepfather. Within the next two years, she obtained the birth certificate of Becky Sue Turner, a 2-year-old girl who had died with her two sisters in a house fire in 1971. McLean used the child's birth certificate to obtain an Idaho state identification card, then moved to Texas and had her name legally changed to Lori Erica Kennedy.

Kennedy gradually acquired more documents in her new name, including a Social Security number. After earning a GED and a college degree, she married into a wealthy East Texas family and gave birth to a daughter. Due to her off-putting, secretive behavior, she clashed with her husband's family, and her marriage eventually collapsed. She committed suicide in the driveway of her former in-laws' home in Longview, Texas, on Christmas Eve 2010.[5]

After her death, her husband and his family found the evidence of her falsified identity in a lock box in her closet. A 2013 Seattle Times feature article about the case was published in news outlets around the world and created enormous interest in the online "websleuth" community.

McLean's true origins remained a mystery until 2016, when her identity was confirmed using a combination of public records and direct-to-consumer autosomal SNP analysis of her husband's and daughter's DNA, leading back to the McLean–Cassidy family on Philadelphia's Main Line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_Erica_Ruff

I don't think I've ever seen the term "incoherent ramblings" used so many times in one place. Fascinating story, but she clearly had some untreated, maybe also undiagnosed, mental illness dragging her down. She died by suicide, and in the "See Also" section of the page, at least two more people in similar circumstances also died by suicide. Almost like the stress of this kind of life eventually takes it's toll on people...

I've often wondered what it would be like to up and disappear and abandon the life I have. It was something that went through my mind repeatedly over 2017-2018, and a big chunk of this year. Have to confess I wouldn't know where to begin, though. Do I uproot first and then build my new identity? Do I build the new identity first? Who does that? Can I fake it all with documents online?

I'm also curious how easy it is to actually just disappear. I'm of the mindset I could vanish and for the most part, my absence wouldn't even be noticed. Just a white guy in a sea of white guys? Who would notice?

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:20 am 

demonomania wrote:
That’s it, time to change it to the “Solved Mysteries Thread.”

That's true. You make a very great point. Its supposed to be about unsolved not solved.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:02 pm 

Ever heard about the Murder of Julia Wallace? This one is pretty interesting. And still unsolved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Herbert_Wallace
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:06 am 

There is quite a bit of talk that a guy is running a cult in an MMO. It is in one that I wasn't familiar with called worlds.com. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on it for those already familiar with it, or for anyone that has time to watch the video below. I'm going to investigate it myself, once I am able to log onto a non-work computer.

Quote:

BenjaminC81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:01 am 

Bumped into this thread by accident but i love all the stuff i've been reading so far. I'm a sucker for all these murder mystery cases and the numerous theories surrounding them. Seems so weird that someone can vanish without a trace or hint from the bottom of the earth.

One of my personal favorite cases is that of Jeannette DePalma. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jeannette_DePalma

There are some wild theories about a satanic or ritualistic sacrifice which was covered up by the local sheriff and what not. The truth is probably not spectacular, but the various theories make for good reading. I'd recommend reading "Death on the Devil's Teeth" for some insightful theories about the case.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:27 am 

BenjaminC81 wrote:
Bumped into this thread by accident but i love all the stuff i've been reading so far. I'm a sucker for all these murder mystery cases and the numerous theories surrounding them. Seems so weird that someone can vanish without a trace or hint from the bottom of the earth.

One of my personal favorite cases is that of Jeannette DePalma. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jeannette_DePalma

There are some wild theories about a satanic or ritualistic sacrifice which was covered up by the local sheriff and what not. The truth is probably not spectacular, but the various theories make for good reading. I'd recommend reading "Death on the Devil's Teeth" for some insightful theories about the case.

That is pretty interesting. It mentions a witches coven that resided on a reservation. Was it confirmed that there was an actual coven of witches? The description the crime scene sounds ritualistic. Not necessarily witches, but a ritual of some sort seems to have been performed. I wonder if anyone ever looked deeply at the evangelical pastor father? From what I read it was generally agreed the body was found inside a makeshift coffin, with crosses. Sounds like they tried to remove the demons and killed her.

Quote:

BenjaminC81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:49 am 

Timeghoul wrote:
BenjaminC81 wrote:

That is pretty interesting. It mentions a witches coven that resided on a reservation. Was it confirmed that there was an actual coven of witches? The description the crime scene sounds ritualistic. Not necessarily witches, but a ritual of some sort seems to have been performed. I wonder if anyone ever looked deeply at the evangelical pastor father? From what I read it was generally agreed the body was found inside a makeshift coffin, with crosses. Sounds like they tried to remove the demons and killed her.

To be honest i haven't finished the book yet so i have no clue if the pastor was ever a suspect. Although it is suspicious he kept pushing the satanic angle during the investigation. Kind of like he wanted to direct the attention away from himself. But the police is also pretty sketchy about the events claiming the dossier was lost in a flood back in 1999, but supposedly the file was lost even earlier somewhere in the early 80's. As for the Watchung Reservation where the murder took place, there have been numerous sighthings by people of several weird occurences. But nobody ever really saw a coven of witches or satanists actually performing any rites there. But the reservation has quite an interesting backstory itself as you can read here: https://weirdnj.com/stories/abandoned/deserted-feltville-watchung/

It could of course also be a simple case of murder where the perpetrator left all those weird symbols and stuff to lead the police astray thinking it was somehow occult related. Either way the truth will probably never be known, only speculations remain.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next