Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Tanuki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:31 am 

Subrick wrote:
My Facebook memories brought this thing back to me after a few years of forgetting that it existed.

Impious are a great band, but this is a total misfire on every possible level.

During first minute: This doesn't seem so bad
After first minute: Oh god what's happening

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:49 am 

I gotta give them props for trying something different with it I guess.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:59 am 

Thing is, that song makes me think it could actually be possible to do an extreme metal cover of "One" with blastbeats and harsh vocals and have it turn out pretty good. I'm imagining maybe like, Mgla doing it, and having it rule. That version sucks not because it's just a failure as an idea, but because it just sounds like complete shit. Sounds really off-time, with miserable production, shitty vocals, etc.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:54 am 

droneriot wrote:
Foxx wrote:
Hopefully the band goes full TUK-era Cryptopsy and decides to fight their fans so we can sit back with our buckets of popcorn and watch some quality shitflinging.

The mention of The Unspoken King and the reaction it got from death metal fans makes me wonder if a famous deathcore band like that would get the same reaction from their fans if they made an old school death metal album.

While I not exactly going old school death metal, a lot of deathcore/scene fans I know hated on JFAC after their Doom EP, though those same people jumped back on board with the release of Sunbather. (For some reason a lot of deathcore fans like some Tech Death, though generally bands with some sort of deathcore past like The Faceless and Fallujah) Closest thing I've seen to that.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:34 am 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
While I not exactly going old school death metal, a lot of deathcore/scene fans I know hated on JFAC after their Doom EP, though those same people jumped back on board with the release of Sunbather. (For some reason a lot of deathcore fans like some Tech Death, though generally bands with some sort of deathcore past like The Faceless and Fallujah) Closest thing I've seen to that.

Well I think those kids' reaction to "Genesis" is more along the lines of what he was saying, given that it's arguably somewhat "old school", at least if you consider Hate Eternal, Corpsegrinder-era Cannibal Corpse, Krisiun, etc. to be OSDM. I have to say that I really loved the album back then but it really seemed like I was the only one who did :lol:. It's hard to believe but I really still like it, to this day, it's a great album. And in my experience, all the deathcore kiddies I knew jumped back onboard right when they released "Ruination", and simultaneously I couldn't stand it and haven't liked anything they've done since.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:37 am 

To add to the thread, my friend sent me this earlier this week since we were talking about different rap fusions and how Country Rap is the worse thing on the planet, this song is pretty band.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:47 am 

@True_Death, yeah Genesis is pretty OSDM influence, pure death metal atleast and their best album, though thought Sun Eater was decent (Don't know why I said Sunbather in the previous post, damn Deafhaven confusing me). Haven't listen to JFAC in a few years though. Most of their stuff was meh to me and I thought Doom was pretty god awful didn't understand why the Deathcore kids praised it.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:48 am 

Hah, kind of like D.R.I., Cro-Mags etc. back in the day being considered sell-outs for starting to play metal.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

stevetehgreate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:19 pm 

i have no words to discribe this shit,just why?

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 pm 

Yeah, that was, admittedly, pretty terrible.

Stuff like that is best viewed with the sound off. I mean, that girl is seriously beautiful. Not that this will stop her and her band from making utterly horrible music which, honestly, is far worse and displays far less talent than whatever 10 minute static burst that Sloth uploaded today.

The Metallica cover above was ALMOST pretty good, but ultimately it failed, due to the annoying and out of place blasting sections and the bad vocals.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:23 pm 

stevetehgreate wrote:

Holy shit! :lol: That was goddamn hilarious!

And the chick in the background in the white dress: she looks so out of place! I saw her laugh, steal one of the dude's hats, move over in a robotic fashion, most of the time her hands are behind her back. What is she doing!?

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:51 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
Stuff like that is best viewed with the sound off. I mean, that girl is seriously beautiful.

o_O

She looks about 13.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:50 pm 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:
Most of their stuff was meh to me and I thought Doom was pretty god awful didn't understand why the Deathcore kids praised it.

Because deathcore fans, especially from that time period, have notoriously non-existent standards and will enjoy just about any breakdown laden, pig squealing dreck you have them listen to.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:17 am 

I just saw someone on Facebook selling one of The Great Kat's albums, which reminded me of this thread, for God, she's gotta be one of the worst things I've ever listened to.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:01 am 

this is a weird one but the song i hate the most is the joker by the steve miller band, i dont know why but i just cant stand it, it annoys the hell out of me, every single part of that song has no redeeming qualities for me

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:01 am 

SatanicPotato wrote:
this is a weird one but the song i hate the most is the joker by the steve miller band, i dont know why but i just cant stand it, it annoys the hell out of me, every single part of that song has no redeeming qualities for me

Holy shit, I thought I was the only one! :lol:

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:12 pm 

stevetehgreate wrote:

Bones does the screaming edgy trap thing way better

stevetehgreate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:43 pm 

more from our friends unicorns killed my girlfriend.Not as bad as the previous one but,the painfuly avarege instumentation and halleriously bad lyrics and video just make it unbearable

(and i seriously thought metalcore couldn't get any worse)

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:07 pm 

Bleeech! Someone tell that rhythm guitarist he IS allowed to play more than one chord!

Or is that "E" the only chord he knows?

ratedgdr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:26 pm 

maidenpriestmanic wrote:

To add to the thread, my friend sent me this earlier this week since we were talking about different rap fusions and how Country Rap is the worse thing on the planet, this song is pretty band.

The thing is, he did an absolutely beautiful song called "Night Train" that makes me break down crying almost every time. So he can do good work. Problem is a lot of country singers these days have to try to be hip (or thereabouts) to try to keep the genre relevant. And they fail miserably for the most part.

Now, on the subject of JFOC, I actually only bought one song of theirs, and no surprise, it's "Entombment Of A Machine." It's not bad but their post-"Doom" material is so much better. And deathcore isn't something I mind when it's done well. Fallujah, Whitechapel, Thy Art Is Murder, Veil Of Maya and a band from Italy called He Comes Later (which is more -core, as I found out) are good in my opinion. Oceano, Emmure, Acacia Strain? Forget it.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:50 pm 

true_death wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

Holy shit, I thought I was the only one! :lol:

lol i am glad i am not the only one, i mean the lyrics are terrible and it sounds terrible imo the thing is for me i hate any justin beiber song however somehow that song rates worse than any justin song i have heard

stevetehgreate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:25 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
Bleeech! Someone tell that rhythm guitarist he IS allowed to play more than one chord!

Or is that "E" the only chord he knows?

i think if he plays more than one chord he might scare all the secene kids that these guys have as a fanbase :-D

~Guest 160745
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:23 am 

Japanese beatdown band does that annoying John Denver song

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:14 am 

XXXtreme wrote:
that annoying John Denver song

You take that back, right now--that song is a national treasure.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am 

The vocals sound like drunken yelling. It's actually pretty funny.

stevetehgreate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:34 pm 

There is no hope for music,isn't it?

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:02 am 

XXXtreme wrote:

Japanese beatdown band does that annoying John Denver song

It's actually difficult not to like this song. I'd take this over the whiny insipid fluff that is J-Pop.

kellyon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:26 am 

LMFAO - “Sexy And I Know It” ))
agree with the opinion that the fact that LMFAO is so popular makes me wonder if somebody put a ton of LSD in our national water supply...

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:45 am 

stevetehgreate wrote:

There is no hope for music,isn't it?

There's something unsettling about a 13 year old boy rapping about his "honeys" which are other 13 year old girls. :ugh:

kellyon wrote:
LMFAO - “Sexy And I Know It” ))

Hey, this song is okay. Really good to dance to at nightclubs. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

kellyon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:00 am 

what can I say...:)

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:23 pm 

Here's something a little different. I never paid any attention to this band, even when they were relevant, but I checked this out because the band's press release basically said it was a "melodeath" track, and I got curious because I was vaguely aware that they have "evolved" into some kind of radio rock band. I also remember the singer saying that he completely despises metal and only listens to pop country & Nickelback, and I think that's plainly evident here. Not only is it boring, it just sounds so forced and shallow. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it's kind of insulting in a way, it's "heavy" but literally nothing else & somehow I get the vibe that the members are convinced that's all there is to metal, just chugging breakdowns & screaming vocals, and throngs of mouthbreathers will be pleased.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:50 pm 

If Kvelertak can be removed from the site for not being metal enough, despite a clearly metal first album, surely the same logic can be applied to All That Remains, right?

Here's the other song released from this album. It's similarly awful. It's like it was written specifically to be a WWE PPV theme song.

Oh, and this was in the recommended videos for both songs. This is a perfect storm of shit.

The Crazy Old School Music Fan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:46 pm 

stainedclass2112 wrote:
Liturgy is one of the worst bands I've ever heard. Absolutely horrible.

On The Ark Work:

The Crazy Old School Music Fan wrote:
I would rather bathe in sulfuric acid mixed with the hottest lava on earth while blowing my brains out before listening to this atrocity again

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:54 pm 

I bet you would choose to hear the album again if that scenario actually happened.

stainedclass2112
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:01 pm 

Concept: BOTH AT THE SAME TIME

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:17 pm 

Liturgy is pretty much Deafheaven but with nothing that actually makes Deafheaven good.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:19 pm 

stainedclass2112 wrote:

That is the concept of Liturgy's next album, probably.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:22 pm 

stainedclass2112 wrote:

Liturgy's next album confirmed.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:07 am 

All That Remains bandphoto:
Spoiler: show

Cool bright green sleeveless, bra. Hashtag "You mad" with an image of a gun, how edgy and inciting of PC rage! haha. Really matches that cool military hat and teenage mutant Amish beard. Patriotic tattoo sleeve like a boss, none more American. You didn't leave the battlefield, you're still there. I feel like at any moment Syria could burst into your concert and you'd blast them sand Balaclava vermin to a firey hell!

stevetehgreate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:09 am 

Oh my god,it's like the guys on the left are from a shity groove metal band and the guys on right are from some second-rate Gothenberg worshiping melodeath band.I am seriously baffeld at what their trying to acomplish and it looks like they are fucking failing at it too.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 50  Next