Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:00 am 

All nuts are great. Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, peanuts, pistachios, Brazil nuts, cashews, macademias, pine nuts. Some are best on their own, others in certain kinds of foods, but all are great.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:03 am 

Anyone out there who's into classy electronic music the new mind.in.a.box album is very good.

My collection

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:43 am 

The jargon in which Lord Worm posts is rather cute.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:04 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
Anyone out there who's into classy electronic music the new mind.in.a.box album is very good.

Did they just come out with new one? Had no clue. I'll have to check it out!
TheNiceNightmare wrote:
The jargon in which Lord Worm posts is rather cute.

I'd been thinking that too! He comes across quite sweetly.

Any love for honey roasted peanuts? Some of them can be pretty sticky, and I have to rinse my hands after eating a whole bunch. And I like pistachios, especially when they can sneak a seasoning in through the shell. But have you ever gotten a pistachio with its shell clamped shut you can't stick your nail into to pry open? One of the great annoyances of life.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:29 am 

All this talk of different nuts is making me hungry :-P

Let's not forget though many on here live in eu countries and we should post a disclaimer.
Make sure your properly informed and aware of the possible risks of eating nuts

This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed.
No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp.
Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest
if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only.
Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television.
Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform.
At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock.
Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from
fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins.
Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free
before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product
appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final.

This supersedes all previous notices.

ENJOY!

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:57 am 

Reminds me of how bags of peanuts sometimes have "warning: may contain traces of other nuts." and I'm like "what other nuts? :oh shit:"

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:16 am 

Chocolate-covered almonds, peanuts, walnuts, etc are even more wondrous than their naked brethren. Just as God saw fit for man to wear clothing, so He ordained that nuts be sheathed in processed cocoa.

jerk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:41 am 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
Reminds me of how bags of peanuts sometimes have "warning: may contain traces of other nuts." and I'm like "what other nuts? :oh shit:"

Brilliant. But you can't beat the classic, "WARNING: This product may contain nuts." And here I thought they made peanuts out of sawdust and goat's blood.

Jophelerx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 am 

Is it just me, or is the FFA getting more and more immature?

jerk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:21 am 

Jophelerx wrote:

Yes.

OK, mathematician's answer aside, best to keep the immaturity in one place. Then we can all go back to our mature discussions of whether Dimmu Borgir are faggoth poser sellouts.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:46 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I agree, quit the sexist bullshit, Necro.

Except my first post about it where I pointed out that men and women do pretty much the same thing and most of us are passive agressive out of simple laziness. I don't see how me then elaborating on how much of a pet peeve it is to me when women do that and it makes me get rid of them quickly makes me sexist. It just illustrates that I lack patience for the annoyances most people put up with for ''healthy'' relationships. I pointed out many times that this rarely happens with normal girls. Then again, I'm pretty misanthropic in general. I'm just going to drop the subject.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Last edited by Necroticism174 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:50 am 

The new Borknagar leaked

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:02 am 

bronxeel wrote:
The new Borknagar leaked
How is it?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:07 am 

Jophelerx wrote:

We're going to need to change it to the "free for some" if this persists.

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 am 

Slag wrote:
bronxeel wrote:
The new Borknagar leaked
How is it?

I don't know, I'll wait for some youtube videos, I guess

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:20 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Jophelerx wrote:

We're going to need to change it to the "free for some" if this persists.

Yes, I am in favor of a pruning. It seems some souls are rather ripe and asking for it.

Obligatory Last FM Link

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 pm 

Wow, the cover art for the new St. Vitus EP is really well done
:thumbsup:

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:08 pm 

People sure are fond of complaining about the forum. I was guilty of it myself, but realized how pointless it was.

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:29 pm 

You're apart of the thing they are complaining about.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:37 pm 

People whine to much. I'm pretty sure there is conversation of the FFA becoming more and more immature every few hundred pages in every version of the thread.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:39 pm 

Yup, people talk about that all the time, and there are always immature idiots who come and go, but the FFA is never on any kind of actual steep, linear decline. It gets better, it gets worse, it gets better again.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:30 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
This isn't any less awesome a few pages after you quoted it the first time.

Glad you appreciate it :)
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:57 pm 

Cinerary wrote:
You're apart of the thing they are complaining about.

Honestly, my posts are really not that bad. But if people truly have a problem with them for some reason, I will stay away from the FFA for a bit and let you continue to have your intellectually superior conversations.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:04 pm 

*puts on shades inside*

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:25 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
*puts on shades inside*

Cool rhymes with tool. Just wanted to point that out.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:46 pm 

I know that it's uncool to ask for illegal download links here, but I'm absolutely stuck here, anybody know where I could find a download for Krhoma Death's Grating Into Corpse, I'm not sure how killing all the links to an album with such a limited release it doesn't even have a discogs page helps save artist's profits, but mediafire seems to think it does. Just PM if you don't want to get in moderator trouble.

0kill
Patron Saint of Burglary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:57 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Yup, people talk about that all the time, and there are always immature idiots who come and go, but the FFA is never on any kind of actual steep, linear decline. It gets better, it gets worse, it gets better again.

Yup. It really hasn't seemed to change that much since the last time I checked it out a couple years ago. It is what it is and such. It might even be better than what it was circa 2008 or so when blatant spamming happened more.

- John Calvin.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:06 pm 

http://www.blacklistednews.com/American ... 8/Y/M.html

Well, shit.
Hehe, foreskins.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:17 pm 

I guess I disagree with internet censorship in principle but something like that was inevitable as soon as people figured out how to file share. I know it's a slippery slope and more and more websites are likely going to be blocked, file sharing sites would only be the beginning, blah blah... But if that passes I will suck it up and be thankful for all the frees hit I got beforehand. I like on the comments some guy wrote "Well that's the only way AT&T could make their service any slower is to shut it off completely."

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:23 pm 

Crick wrote:
http://www.blacklistednews.com/American_ISPs_to_launch_massive_copyright_spying_scheme_on_July_12/18474/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Well, shit.

That's a great idea to stir up revenue: piss everyone off!

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:02 pm 

Here's an old story from a few months ago that I found while cleaning out some files! I think you guys will appreciate it.

Quote:
One day I was hanging in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea out with my good friend Kim Jong Un and we were sharing our grief over the loss of our beloved leader: JoePa of Penn State! "He was just like your father" I said, "Selfless to a fault, working day and night to protect his people." KJU looked up and gave me a weak smile. "My closest friend and ally", he said, "with this obvious exception, are you aware that Americans are the most savage race in the world? Do you know of their horrible atrocities against the People of Korea?" I responded with shock that I had no idea! We headed over to the nearby museum of Korean War Atrocities where I saw literally hundreds of artistic renditions of American war crimes! I was flabbergasted by what I saw! One of the paintings showed American soldiers pouring molten lead down an innocent villager's throat and I knew it was an accurate portrayal of what happened because I recognized the poses from that sixteenth century woodcut of Aztec warriors pouring molten gold down a conquistador's throat, including the improper proportions and flat perspective! Finally we came to the ultimate damning evidence: a blurry photo of either American soldiers cheering over a bunch of dead villagers or a group of trick-or-treaters! "Those monsters!" I cried in anguish! I immediately renounced my US citizenship, even though I'd actually already renounced my US citizenship after my stint as ambassador's aide in the Islamic Republic of Iran, but this time I meant it even more! I immediately hopped into my race car and sped off to America to exact revenge for things that happened decades before I was born to people I literally had no genuine concern for! When I arrived in DC, I promptly took out a piece of paper that I'd photocopied a picture of the US Constitution from a book at the library, crumpled it up, and threw it at super sonic force through the Oval Office window! On the back of the picture, Obama found a very threatening note! Having rectified the injustices visited upon the People of Korea I pulled the bill of my visor backwards and walked off into the sunset!

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:04 pm 

I can't decide if your short stories or Diamhea's (borrowed) poetry is more awful. This is not coming from a place of contempt, I actually enjoy a lot of your posts here.

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:33 pm 

This is interesting: Sexually frustrated flies drink more alcohol

Might help explain a few things about us humans.

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 pm 

Expedience wrote:
This is interesting: Sexually frustrated flies drink more alcohol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17357560

Might help explain a few things about us humans.

Might explain where our taxes are going too. :-P
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

WebOfPiss
Myopic Void

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:07 am 

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:15 am 

Didn't really think the PSL was your style. :P

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:49 am 

Internetocracy: seems interesting, but what happens if the internet goes down?
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

bronxeel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:50 am 

Fans of Robert Pollard and GBV will get a kick out of this; you only have to sit through a minute or so
:wink:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-vi ... -briefings

DrFunkenstein
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:51 am 

I just remembered that Sepultura is still a band.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:51 am 

Our metal/rock festival announced the headliners for this summer. Slipknot, Manson, Lamb of God and System of a Down. I still taste the vomit in my mouth, I need a battery acid mouthwash.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 827  Next