Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:31 pm 

Okay, I just awoke from a really odd dream. I mean, it's pretty mundane, but from the perspective of it being a dream, it's really strange. I walked into this shop (sells tabletop game supplies in real life) that I regularly go to, and the only thing they were selling was hundreds of copiesof Fates Warning's album Awaken the Guardian. Every wall and shelf was absolutely full of the exact same copy of the album. It's vaguely distressing to me. I feel like dreaming about media I enjoy is kind of stupid...

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:06 pm 

I have had plenty of dreams where I get copies of albums I really want (and even some fictional ones) at crazy cheap prices. It's annoying to have those because for a few seconds after I wake I still think I got them.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:23 am 

I had one a couple nights ago where I was talking with some super rich conservative guys about how much I want to hit Bill O'Reily with a brick, but then said I admired him for the way he can pull off some miraculous bullshit stories and come out untarnished from it... I never thought about that until after that dream, but there is something kinda ballsy about being that much of a cunt and then defending one's cuntiness against the onslaught of reasoning piled against you... Bill O'Reilly is metal.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:15 am 

Had a dream about some steroided clown creature hunting me in a game of hide & seek in an airplane hanger. Decked out with mazes and junk it seemed an easy task but it found me regardless. Damn thing could rip it's own head off and throw it as an attack. I can't compete with that.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:59 am 

OneSizeFitzpatrick wrote:
Bill O'Reilly is metal.

Probably just his hipbone.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:44 am 

This night I dreamed I was a mobster and this one guy was wronging my organization so I was tasked to remove him, but he kept weaseling himself out of good hit opportunities. So I get my mobster buddy (not an actual buddy, just a buddy in crime who I otherwise can't stand) to help me out. Together we go to visit the offender at his home, but when he sees us he's all like "hey, it's my good friends, come in, do you want something to drink" etc. even though he knows our intention fully well. Then I notice the guy's elderly dad sitting in his living room and his mom chain smoking in the kitchen, which seems like a bit of a problem. But my buddy just goes to the dad and whispers something to him. The old man's eyes go big, he gets up and heads to the kitchen, closing the door behind him. Our target gets all sweaty and nervous all of a sudden. I shoot a questioning glance at my fella, he just nods - so I take out my silenced piece and point it at my buddy's forehead and wake up.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:46 am 

Nochielo wrote:
I have had plenty of dreams where I get copies of albums I really want (and even some fictional ones) at crazy cheap prices. It's annoying to have those because for a few seconds after I wake I still think I got them.

Those are the worst. I've had so many dreams like that about picking up cheap/free albums/gear/merch and then waking up only to be completely bummed out that none of it was real.

I once dreamt I found a Germs bootleg called "The Devil's Ducks" (which was probably some weird, scrambled dream-recollection of the "Cat's Clause" bootleg). IIRC, in the same dream, I found a bootleg cassette of Morrissey doing live covers of Rudimentary Peni songs.

Brainded Binky
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:44 am 

I can recall a very weird/creepy dream I had one night. In it, there was this woman in ancient times who was buried alive in a stone sarcophagus. Said sarcophagus was rediscovered and placed into a museum, where the woman's cries for help can still be heard at night. I myself was never involved in the dream, which was weird, but I just had to share it with you.

splyu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:37 am 

the_raytownian wrote:
Nochielo wrote:

Those are the worst. I've had so many dreams like that about picking up cheap/free albums/gear/merch and then waking up only to be completely bummed out that none of it was real.

I once dreamt I found a Germs bootleg called "The Devil's Ducks" (which was probably some weird, scrambled dream-recollection of the "Cat's Clause" bootleg). IIRC, in the same dream, I found a bootleg cassette of Morrissey doing live covers of Rudimentary Peni songs.

Well, I once inherited a whole music collection. Except that it was all on microcassettes, and I had no way of playing those back. It was all neatly labelled and everything.

Odin AllFather
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:11 pm 

one recent dream i had was very "metal" i think. it may have been because i fell asleep blasting a Hipocrasy album in my headphones.

i dont remember much at this point but there were a handful of randoms from my life. they were conspiring behind my back and some of them kept releasing these ancient people from a vault. the ancient ones kept getting stronger and i had to fight them to get them back in the vault. the last time one of them came out i remember them being featureless except for being striped black and white.

the others were mocking me and asking why i would not let them be released and why did i care so much about this group. "WE ARE A GUILD" i shouted and one of the randoms attacked me. i remember he tried to spark a lighter into my beard (i have a pretty long beard in real life) and this made me so angry i burnt his hand to a crisp and slammed his head into a desk until i felt the side of his jaw crack and cave in.

after this i was awake.

the oddest part about this is i work with the guy from the end of my dream and a few days after he was joking around with me - i was a few steps away from him and he held up a lighter, sparked it a few times and said "get that beard over here".

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:23 pm 

Last night I had a dream about Bioshock (The game serie)

Producers was showing gameplay from the next Bioshock game, and it looked awesome!
I also remember I thought about that they should make a box with all Bioshock games and dlc for PS4.
Ha, yes I do indeed like Bioshock
A lot...
:o

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:28 am 

Last night, I dreamt that PRESIDENT BARRACK OBAMA borrowed a patched-up metal kutte of mine soley for a televised speech, for which he wanted to seem like someone who cool young people could relate to... He was super-pushy about it, like I had some obligation to go along with it.

I said it was okay as long as he didn't take off any patches, and he took off most of them, and there was just a Napalm Death patch on the right breast area or something when I saw the speech on TV. When I got it back I was like "DUDE! I ASKED YOU NOT TO DO THAT!" Then, to make matters worse, he told me he threw them away at some celebrity's house (I forget who) when I asked him what he did with them.

So I'm frantically trying to get hold of this famous person to make sure they don't dump my patches... In the dream, it was only maybe three that were actually taken off this imaginary jacket... One was some weird cross between an Abigor patch using Gorgoroth's Antichrist album cover motif in red, and it was the size of a big Russian-made Electro-Harmonix pedal... So, like, it took a while to sew on, dude. :grr: I don't remember the other patches, but they were all "dubious" things that wouldn't "seem cool to wear on TV" basically.

Anyway, to add insult to injury, the president was acting all flippant about it, like "gee whiz, I have no idea why this is a problem, they're just some stupid patches. Why don't you just go buy more?". HE CLEARLY DOESN'T UNDERSTAND EVERY DAY PEOPLE! I TOLD HIM THAT. I TOLD HIM HE'S AN OUT-OF-TOUCH, ARROGANT JERK, and... That's about all I remember...

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:45 pm 

...and you totally could have shot him if he hadn't taken your guns. Thanks, Obama.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:02 pm 

Maybe if I ever had any guns in the first place... I'm pretty sure the dream had more to do with me being an over-anxious, possessive drip than anything to do with the POTUS.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:13 am 

I know, just taking a shot at the "guvment's takin mah guns" rednecks and the blaming of every problem on the current president. He sounded like some kind of bullying jock in your dream. :lol:

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:30 pm 

Last night, I dreamt that I was a child, and my father was Eddie Vedder. My mom was my actual mom, but her body took the shape of a square mattress with her torso coming out of the top, and Eddie Vedder was screaming at me and forcing me to walk in a circle around her inside a darkly lit room and whip her with a belt over and over while I cried how sorry I was for doing so.

I'm meeting a lot of famous people lately.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:34 pm 

A few nights ago, I dreamed I was in some kind of spaceship, and there was a huge section sealed off because several people had died in it many years ago and it was haunted or something. The weird part is that, when I looked out a window on the ship, there were these huge, colorful protozoa-looking things floating around the ship. I don't remember anything else.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4