* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:29 pm 

Praetentus wrote:
These stories are awesome!

I would share some of mine, but most of them were probably just creepy because I'm a younger female whose parents have made her paranoid. *nodnod*

Just Go ahead, they might be creepy in a non supernatural sense
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Byrial1991
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:41 pm 

This happened when I was 12 or so. I went to bed and the windows of my room were opened, because it was summer. I nearly fell asleep, but then I suddenly heard a realy creepy moaning from the street. I was already crepped out by it a little, but I stood up and looked out of my window to see were it comes from. I thought it maybe was someone who tripped in the dark and was hurt or something. I looked down both sides of the street, but there was nothing. But I still heard the moaning from anywhere out there. I closed my windows realy fast and went back to my bed. Took a long time until I finaly fell asleep that night.
I'm not that kind of person who believes in ghost stories or such things. But of cause this realy crepped me out when I was 12, even if there is a simple explanation for it.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:50 pm 

There are a lot of strange/unfamiliar animal sounds which sound scary to people who aren't accustomed to hearing them: The aforementioned fox and badger screams, for instance. Animal sounds like these probably account for most of the strange moaning/screaming noises people hear at night. Feral cats sometimes produce wierd moaning sounds which can sound almost human at times, while a cat screech (in heat, or simply agitated) is pretty distinctive as well- the first time I heard that (at age seven) I thought it was a monster, too. So the moan down the street was most likely a cat, in other words. But you never know.

DescensionToCocytus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:54 pm 

NikeOfSamothrace wrote:
Desath wrote:
...and the moral of the story is that despite all freaky monsters and weird stuff happening, no one can be more creepier than a corrupted human being.

Wholeheartedly agree. This story doesn't pertain to me but I found out a couple days ago that one of my friends was on the verge of getting kidnapped. She was getting off a subway station around Brooklyn when some random guy approached her and told her "to follow him and keep smiling." Fortunately for all of us she screamed and he ran off like a little pussy.

Think it might be a good time to buy her a can of pepper spray and a pocket knife.

shit like that happening is why i ALWAYS carry a knife. you never know when you'll end up needing it

I do not want to fist any bros.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:13 am 

^
Totally agree with you. About a year ago I bought a switch blade from a flea market. You never know when you might need one, and self defense is very important.

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:56 am 

^
Same here. Also, I have a small axe that fits in my briefcase.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 am 

Okay here's another:

It had to have been around 2002, I was in High School. We were living in rural Ohio in this really old house. On one occasion late at night with the lights off -after my eyes had adjusted to the dark- I opened them and saw this large black figure standing across the room. It was deformed and my mind filled in the blanks of what it looked like and gave a pretty convincing description that made me nearly shit bricks. I then realized that it was just a pile of clothes on an exercise bike that just somehow, at the right angle, looked humanoid. I had to get up and throw them all down to actually fall asleep.

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:44 am 

This one happened back in elementary school, and while it doesn't quite rival the other stories posted on here it definitely left an impression on me. Anywho, it was gym class that hour and I had to excuse myself to use the restroom. As I walked down the hall I had a feeling something wasn't right. I noticed the hall being completely quiet and eerie. Regardless, I shrugged the feeling off and entered the restroom. As I finished pissing I made my war towards the door, and thats when things started to get real fucked up. Blocking the door stood this enormous kid with this deliberate sinister look on his face.. Do you remember the scene in Full Metal Jacket when Private Joker discovered Gomer Pyle in the restroom or Jack Nicholson's gaze in The Shining? His face was EXACTLY like that. He had this completely depraved and psychotic look on him. The strangest thing was I didn't hear the door open at all! It was almost as if this...creep materialized out of thin air or something. As I stood there frozen with fear, he began talking how he was going to beat/kill/torture me. I also noticed he was breathing heavily as well. For a split second I rushed towards the door and managed to escape, as I ran and looked back I noticed he just stood there. His face turned around gave me this creepy-as-fuck smile. For the rest of the day I just remained completely paranoid and refused to talk to anyone. It was just a week later that I gained enough courage to discuss the matter with friends and family. The weird thing is I never seen this kid's face before at all and I was familiar with everyone in school. To cap it off the weirdo was never found. I've also been bullied many times before, but nothing to the extent as this.

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:29 pm 

Rippingheadache wrote:
As I finished pissing I made my war towards the door

That's pretty brutal.

reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:32 pm 

Duisterling wrote:
Rippingheadache wrote:
As I finished pissing I made my war towards the door

That's pretty brutal.

LOL

Creepy story tho, the thread is epic but I sadly don't have any stories to contribute here :/.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:46 pm 

I have one myself, but I don't think anyone will believe it. Never fully understood what happened, never could explain it, never experienced anything like it, and I hope that it never reoccurs to anyone else. The ending, especially, will sound utterly outrageous to you, but unfortunately it was very real.

It was sometime between spring/summer 2006. We had major exams coming up including a table tennis competition, so me and my friend decided to go to the nearby sports center and practice as much as we could before the event. My friend is who I would call an above average person; athletic, in great health, doesn't smoke nor drink, sharp, cultivated, lively, adventurous, talkative, playfully sarcastic but not an asshole. He's also a Christian, you might want to keep note of that.

Anyway, we enter the table tennis room, start warming up and play some practice rounds before we start counting scores. Pretty smooth so far. At some point we took a small break, and he said he was going to the restroom. After he came back, we continued playing and counting scores. Things got pretty competitive and we were both quite excited doing our best. Then he shouted something like "We're gonna win, we're gonna prevail!" and I was like "Yeah! we're definitely gonna ace this shit!". Then a few plays later, he got even more excited and started surging across the room trying to return my curved shots, and shouted again in the middle of play, only this time much louder: "WE'RE GONNA WIN, WE'RE GONNA PREVAIL" and it was so loud that I stood still for a moment and let the ball fly past me. His leaps were getting more and more aggressive, the room was shaking with the sound of his stomps, like a sledgehammer hitting concrete. I asked him if everything's OK and he just said "Keep playing, we have to get better". I thought he was just really excited with the game, so I continued play. A few seconds, and again he started shouting and flying across the room, which was strange because I remained calm this time and played it slow with easy serves.

From there, things got pretty terrifying. He stopped, grabbed his shirt to take it off and did so with the loudest fucking roar I've ever heard coming from a man. The whole room kept reverberating with his voice for several seconds, and I slowly backed off the table trying to get a grasp of whatever the hell just happened. I wanted to say something, but he turned to me with a crazy look in his eyes, and I froze still in awe. He then said that we should continue playing and get better, and when I murmured that we should take a break he shouted again and insisted. One failed service later, he just dropped his racquet and immediately started jogging around. He jogged to an empty adjacent workout space and started roaring again. He flipped for good now. I tried to talk to him and calm him down, to which his reply was the now regular "We're gonna prevail" shout followed by a complete lack of self-awareness and responsiveness. I even tried to grab him but his sheer momentum was enough to knock down and injure a dozen people. After many failed attempts to reason with him, I saw some people outside the door stopping still to see what was happening. But how the fuck could I explain any of this shit? They'd suspect that I gave him some hallucinogens or something. Anyway, with the berserking beast still raging and roaring to no end in the room, I went outside, looking like the undead, walking slowly towards the lobby trying to figure out what to do. I reeked of fear and people could smell it along with the resonating roars. I was told that people were trying to talk to me and ask me questions but they thought I became catatonic.

Now in the lobby downstairs, I remembered that I had a cellphone I could use to call his parents... Except that it was still in the room, and I did NOT want to go back there. I started to realize that there was a crowd gathering upstairs trying to calm my friend down, and the lady at the reception was staring quite stunned. Someone gave me a telephone so I could call his parents and I did. I also called my parents and the red cross. I don't know how, but they eventually managed to calm him down and get him out of the room. On his way down to the lobby, he had his eyes closed, talking in a desperate voice saying things about Jesus and redemption. When they sat him down, he looked sweaty and incredibly tired, almost unconscious. He kept babbling about Jesus's love for us, doing the sign of the cross repeatedly, and telling us to repent. Sounds like your typical hardcore Christian? Well that's not even the start of it. It was hard to tell if he was still himself after the ordeal. Minutes later, his mother and sister came racing to the scene with utmost fear as if he had died. He was still alive, still babbling and somewhat in pain. They were distraught beyond anything. I can't even imagine how they would've been like if they'd saw him in the roaring phase. He became much less harmless now, but still looked critical. Some minutes later, his father finally appeared running like a madman to his son, and an ambulance followed.

Now get this. When the paramedics put him on a stretcher, he screamed that Jesus was in his mouth, and that unless his father kissed him, the father was going to die.

Got it? Are you sure? OK then.

Afterwards, he was taken to a hospital where he lost consciousness. He stayed there for several days, and I wasn't sure what became of him. I only heard some news from his parents who said that he was getting better, but couldn't remember anything that happened. We figured it was better to keep it that way and make no mention of the incident to him. Fair enough. A week or so later, after leaving everyone worried with his prolonged absence, he was back in college... Except that he wasn't the same anymore. He became extremely calm and quiet, nothing he's ever been before. I even asked some friends, just to make sure that he wasn't behaving as such exclusively in my presence, and they thought he changed a lot as well. In any case, he made it back before the big exams. The class and professors showed great solidarity taking care of him and helping him with his studies, to let him catch up to the myriad of things he missed. He was in good hands and things were seemingly only getting better, until...

His father died. Sudden heart attack in the early morning, his first and last. A couple of weeks before the exams. It was utterly devastating for everyone who knew him, moreso for his family. It was disheartening and beyond words, but myself having been a witness of the above, I could not fucking believe it. Somehow, I still don't. WHAT THE FUCK? What did the man ever do to deserve this? He's a better human being than most of us, at least myself for sure. I became even more puzzled and kept wondering whether this is some sort of sick divine prank or just plain horrible timing. Either way, he was very brave afterwards and fought his way through everything to prevail over his exams and earn his diploma. It was amazing, and all of us were happy if not in disbelief, yet there was still a bittersweet gust in the air. He's been more or less doing fine ever since, now only a semester or so away from graduating as a computer engineer. Oh and he regained his cocky behaviour.

As I mentioned at the start, so far no one knows what happened back at the sports center. Hospital testing did not yield any significant results and the conclusion was that it all happened because of stress. I'm kinda lost. Does stress lead to such exceedingly aberrant behaviour and the prediction of someone's impending death?

Last edited by kingnuuuur on Tue May 24, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TeRRorBld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:04 pm 

Holy shit! A nightmare in real life!

MetalHeadNorm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:10 pm 

^Possibly a possession by the lord Satan himself.

What do you mean by that? How quickly I reply?

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm 

Maybe he was just fucking around, some people go to extreme's with that.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:04 pm 

Wow, that’s a pretty nutty story kinguuuur. The comment he made about his father’s death is surely coincidental- a rather creepy one though. And yeah, it sounds like he had some sort of temporary, stress induced psychosis.

Although I suppose someone’s take on this story would be dependant on whether they believed in god. Still, pretty fucking weird.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:38 pm 

kingnuuuur wrote:
I have one myself, but I don't think anyone will believe it.

This is the thread where we have bloody houses, yellow gollum like creatures and me seeing visions of some Man wearing Yellow that everyone else could see as they acknowledged his presence

kingnuuuur wrote:
"WE'RE GONNA WIN, WE'RE GONNA PREVAIL"

Someone has been listening to Kataklysm's 2008 Album to much, especially the first song.

Ok all Serious now, that is pretty creepy Illness, Posession, or anything we can't explain even if it isn't any of those, pretty creepy
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:09 pm 

Interesting story, kingnuuuur. Unfortunate about your friends' father, but I'm with CorpseFister in that it was coincidental. Good to see your friend is back to being himself, too.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

MadThrasher888
Freddom Fightah!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:04 pm 

I had a really fucked up nightmare a few nights ago and I woke up with my entire body soaked in sweat.

Valdincan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:41 am 

In regards to kingnuuurs story: it could be that your friend and his family knew his father had an illness, the stress of which caused your friend to have a psychotic break of some kind, they stress of that break may have hastened the fathers death. Of course thats just conjecture, there are tons of explanations for the behavior, the "prediction" of death was either already known about in some form of coincidental.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:53 am 

Must've been coincidental. Stress induced psychosis seems to make the most sense, as it was a stressful period for students at college.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:09 am 

kingnuuuur wrote:
Must've been coincidental. Stress induced psychosis seems to make the most sense, as it was a stressful period for students at college.

Probably.

But I remember having a dream where I saw someone I knew, many years before, walking up a local road carrying a hand saw. Imagine my surprise the next morning when passing the exact place in my car, seeing that person walking up the road.

Coincidence? I guess but it was a strange experience.

bfernandez
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:17 pm 

Well I have a couple, but they are nowhere near as extreme as the blood castle, gollum, or especially kingnuur's nightmare story.

First one: Alright, this one is probably more funny than creepy, but it scared the living hell out of me when it first happened. So, I'm on my school's (which is a small private prep school) music competition trip with the Symphonic and Jazz bands (the other ensembles present are the honors acoustic guitar and the choir) to Mertyle Beach, South Carolina. Well, I was thirteen, but I was in the high school band because they needed a bassist. So when a bus drops us off at the Broadway on the Beach mall after we had performed, a few of the other guys from band and I decide to walk around and sight see. Mind you, I"m one of three of the seven of us who is sober (and of one of the ones who was sober was a Korean Exchange Student/Computer Geek, so it wasn't exactly like he would be the one who would, you know, act normal). So we're walking around and after a few hours we've basically seen all there is to see, we've eaten at Margaritaville and spent a gratutious amount of money paying for it. We've been to the arcade, the record shop, Victoria's Secret, you know, the whole sche'bang (also one of the guys who was weird normally was drunk, he played in the kid's playground for a while until a parent yelled at him). So we've almost come in a full circle around the mall (the mall's a circle) and a song that we played for jazz band comes on the radio, specifically "Take the A Train", so we start dancing in public and after the song ends we feel like we're in the mood for more "danceable" music so we come across a non-descript building that's faintly lit with no one in it, its around ten o'clock at night at this point. So we decide to just hop in there and it starts playing... HOLY DIVER on the sound system. So we're dancing and all that crap when suddenly, A SEVEN FOOT BLACK GUY WITH DREADLOCKS, AN EYE PATCH, AND A PISTOL WHO WEIGHS ABOUT 300 POUNDS CHASES US OUT OF THE BUILDING. After we all screamed, "HOLY SHIT!" in unision, we look up and there is this little, barely readable black plaque above the doorway that states "Nightclub, alcohol served, 21 or over only, bouncers are policemen, and are licensed to dispose of unruly customers in anyway they seem fit." So then, one drunk guy and another on a marijuana high think that it would be a great idea to walk into the club again and apologize to the seven foot black guy. So they go in, and it turns out that the seven foot dude is really a nice guy who just has to do his job. He knows full well they aren't sober, but he doesn't even bat an eye despite the fact he's a cop. The other bouncer there, however, is his polar opposite, he's a cold calculating midget. Bald and white, he clocks in at about a whopping 4 foot 11. He doesn't say a word the whole time, just stares at us with cold and piercing blue eyes that are dark and evil, I wish I could describe them, it was like having Satan stare at you, one of the drunk guys tried to hug him to cheer him up (not my idea, remember) but there is no change, just staring into infinity with those eternally cold eyes. After that, we had to settle with the band director why we had gotten thrown out of a nightclub, but he understood how poorly it was marked (which it was).

Story 2: I once went to see a parade when I was younger and lived in Misisippi, it was the fourth of July. When we went there we heard on the loud speakers that the KKK would make a special apperance. Since my dad is a minority (Hispanic, not Black, but still...) we got the crap out of there. I was only five years old at the time.

Story 3: I already stated this one in the "funniest/dumbest shit you've heard people say" thread (which needs a bump, by the way, someone go post a story in there), but I'll state it again because I guess it could constitute as creepy. Two of my friends spent the night at my house, and since I felt guilty being the only one with a bed, I decided to sleep on the floor with them. Its about three in the morning and I was 12 years old at the time. So, obviously because of our ages at the time, we are sober. But at 3:30 am we decide to get some sleep, and we sleep for about an hour.
All of the sudden, one of the guys gets up and just starts screaming (somehow this didn't wake my parents) and yelling at the top of his lungs. This wakes me and the other guy up and we try to calm him down, but it just doesn't work. FINALLY, he shuts up, and says, in dead seriousness... "I'm sorry, but the fan on your ceiling looks like a terrorist with a bomb strapped to his chest falling from the sky." Obviously, my friend randomly screaming was the creepy part of that, and his reason for screaming was the funny part.

Last edited by bfernandez on Thu May 26, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cweed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:41 am 

kingnuuuur:

great story!! Definitely very thought-provoking.

I'll have to think about more weird stories for me, can't think of me any off the top of my head. I've got a few ghost stories that happened to my siblings, but that doesn't exactly fit the topic.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:44 am 

For the record, if I were JPSyndrome, I'd be fucking dead. I mean don't get me wrong I'd try to put up a fight and sell my life at the highest cost possible, but I'm way to fucking out of shape to outrun some organ harvesters. That story was thrilling and you sir are a fucking gangster.

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:53 am 

It was something about the story from kingnuuuur that just fucking creeped me out. (just the part about his friend's big blow up/antics in the place before the ambulance came) Maybe it was the delivery or my thought-process about it and envisioning what the incident might have looked like in my mind, but I don't know. To put it into perspective, I even got slight chills, and that never happens to me when I just read something. Thanks for sharing. For me there has always been something exceptionally engrossing/fascinating about inexplicable events like that with humans (like the one kingnuuuur told). As cweed said, definitely thought-provoking. Great story.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:54 pm 

the thing that happened to kingnurr's friend- it is a scary thing because a similar thing happened to a friend of mine. She was a woman with two small boys, camping in the woods in Alaska near where her husband was working sixteen hour shifts for days, even weeks, on end, and had no time (literally) to spend with his family.

Similar story: Flipped the fuck out. Suddenly, started screaming, ranting, throwing things around the campground, had to be sedated, had to be brought back to the mainland by a doctor, etc. She did not suffer as extreme physical symptoms, but the whole catalyst was probably the same: She was stressed, and something in her brain simply snapped- suddenly and irrevocably. She was never the same person after that, and the marriage ended unhappily. Both her, her husband, and I were close friends. But after that incident she was like a total stranger- not only to me but to her family as well. For some people, the human psyche is a delicate thing. In both cases, it sounded like too much stress- in 'Nurr's friend's case the stress of the upcoming tournament, school, and a possible intuition of his father's health problems, in my friend's wife's case- troubles rasing two small boys without a father figure during the summer months, and possibly troubles with her marriage. I really truely feel bad for 'kingnurr''s friend, and wish him well.

overkill666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:20 am 

Me and some friends were exploring an old graveyard in my area. We were walking to an old church in the middle of it and something caught our attention. As we walked in the darkness, something made this loud swooshing noise in front of us. It's kind of hard to describe, it sounded like someone was shaking a blanket with leaves on it. It was very audible and it scared us bad haha. We ran off and got away, calmed down, and went back. It didn't happen again.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:28 am 

The bit about owls earlier reminds me of something that happened late last year. I was taking my last delivery of the night, more than ready to get off work and relax, but one more call came in so I had to take it. Oh well, tips are tips. So I’m taking this pizza to a new subdivision being developed on the outskirts of my town, there are a lot of unfinished houses, but some are done and lived in. It was an odd sort of sunset too, very deep oranges, red and dull orangey yellows. I was listening to a John Frusciante song (the name escapes me, but it has a pretty creepy intro) as i pull up to this house and there, perched on the garage of this house is a massive owl. I couldn't tell if this owl was jet black in color or it was silhouetted against the fire sunset, but this thing was easily 3= feet tall. All I could see was its stony, completely dead looking face. I couldn’t see its eyes, but i could feel that the owl and I were making eye contact. I immediately got very afraid and amazed by this massive creature. We locked eyes for another 30 seconds or so, and in one fluid motion the owl outstretched his incredible wing span and took off right over my car and flew away toward a black ad desolate patch of forest. I've always thought owls were cool and mighty beats, but this thing was pure terror and awe on wings. it looked like a horned owl, but about twice as big as they usually get

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

TheEerieTomb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:48 am 

I gotta tell you guys - I read this entire thread very late last night, and the vivid images that I have in my head of organ-harvesters, bloody matresses, half-naked shotgun-wielding psychos, fucken badgers and owls creeped me out no end. This site should get it's own HBO show so that we could see all these episodes...

And I suddenly have zero urge to EVER visit Illinois... :)

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 am 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
We locked eyes for another 30 seconds or so

What colour (color) were it`s eyes? Only I was talking to a guy I met late one night, in the woods near me. We got talking about Owls and he said their eye colour told you what time of day/night they hunted. I thought they were all nocturnal but he said many hunted at dusk, when the sun was setting, hence orange eyes and yellow for early morning.
Wasn`t sure if he was shittin` me, and what was he doing in the woods at so late an hour :shock:

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:00 pm 

Agroguitarist wrote:
I gotta tell you guys - I read this entire thread very late last night, and the vivid images that I have in my head of organ-harvesters, bloody matresses, half-naked shotgun-wielding psychos, fucken badgers and owls creeped me out no end. This site should get it's own HBO show so that we could see all these episodes...

And I suddenly have zero urge to EVER visit Illinois... :)

come oooon! you don't want to see Gollum sleeping on a bloody matress, overseen by a giant Death Owl? If you really want to get scared shitless, read the original thread ;) I might repost some of the better one onto this thread for the newbies

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:03 pm 

mindshadow wrote:
Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
We locked eyes for another 30 seconds or so

What colour (color) were it`s eyes? Only I was talking to a guy I met late one night, in the woods near me. We got talking about Owls and he said their eye colour told you what time of day/night they hunted. I thought they were all nocturnal but he said many hunted at dusk, when the sun was setting, hence orange eyes and yellow for early morning.
Wasn`t sure if he was shittin` me, and what was he doing in the woods at so late an hour :shock:

That's the thing, its face was coverd in shaddow. it' couldn't see it's eyes, it was just this giant black death owl. That's one of the things that was so creepy about it. I just knew we were making eye contact, i could just feel it.

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:29 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
The bit about owls earlier reminds me of something that happened late last year. I was taking my last delivery of the night, more than ready to get off work and relax, but one more call came in so I had to take it. Oh well, tips are tips. So I’m taking this pizza to a new subdivision being developed on the outskirts of my town, there are a lot of unfinished houses, but some are done and lived in. It was an odd sort of sunset too, very deep oranges, red and dull orangey yellows. I was listening to a John Frusciante song (the name escapes me, but it has a pretty creepy intro) as i pull up to this house and there, perched on the garage of this house is a massive owl. I couldn't tell if this owl was jet black in color or it was silhouetted against the fire sunset, but this thing was easily 3= feet tall. All I could see was its stony, completely dead looking face. I couldn’t see its eyes, but i could feel that the owl and I were making eye contact. I immediately got very afraid and amazed by this massive creature. We locked eyes for another 30 seconds or so, and in one fluid motion the owl outstretched his incredible wing span and took off right over my car and flew away toward a black ad desolate patch of forest. I've always thought owls were cool and mighty beats, but this thing was pure terror and awe on wings. it looked like a horned owl, but about twice as big as they usually get

Dang. I knew owls could be big, but didn't realise they could be that big. I thought maybe what you saw could be an exaggeration of size because of the dark/shadows, but I googled and found that apparently some owls do get that big... Geez, no wonder these things can take off with full grown cats or small dogs. Apparently the female Great Grey Owl is on average around 2 feet and a quarter tall while males are a bit smaller. Even though that's the average they can apparently grow as tall as 3 feet. Then read this: "These owls can crash through snow that could support the weight of a 180-pound person."

Beware the giant black death owl and hide your small children and pets! :lol: Ok, maybe not the small children bit, but these owls are pretty badass none the less.

Anyways, it's been fun reading all these stories. Keep 'em coming! I can't think of anything abnormally creepy really happening to me other than weird sounds in the woods and whatnot. But no gigantic owls or unidentifiable animal sounds that can be mistaken for human for me... Wish I had something to share!

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:06 am 

Hey.

I just remembered something that really scared me as an 11 year old.

I used to stay with my mother in a small house down a steep gravel drive. It was an old miners cottage that had been extended, the original building was probably about 100 years old and was probably home to miners of the time.
It was Martha Gold Mine in Waihi, here's a link
Anyway, the house was pretty dark at night and there were lots of weird noises that I was used to, the wind used to howl through it, but one night I woke up after having really strange dreams to hear voices and laughter in what sounded to be the ceiling of my room, I layed there paralysed... I thought I was still dreaming, but, it felt real, it was real..
I tried to just think to myself that it was just noises and my imagination, but no matter how hard I tried they did not stop, it felt like it went on for hours and it was getting stranger and stranger...
I got up from my bed and it was an extremely cold winter's night, I could still hear the voices and the laughter, the words I could not in any way make out. It felt so unreal at the time and I felt like I was dreaming but I knew I was awake...
I walked quite fast to the bathroom, hearing them all the way, I turned on the light and turned on a tap for a while..I really did not know what to do.

I continued hearing them for quite a while and I don't know really how it stopped, but it did, I didn't go back to sleep the whole night.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:21 am 

nex666 wrote:
Hey.

I just remembered something that really scared me as an 11 year old.

I used to stay with my mother in a small house down a steep gravel drive. It was an old miners cottage that had been extended, the original building was probably about 100 years old and was probably home to miners of the time.
It was Martha Gold Mine in Waihi, here's a link
Anyway, the house was pretty dark at night and there were lots of weird noises that I was used to, the wind used to howl through it, but one night I woke up after having really strange dreams to hear voices and laughter in what sounded to be the ceiling of my room, I layed there paralysed... I thought I was still dreaming, but, it felt real, it was real..
I tried to just think to myself that it was just noises and my imagination, but no matter how hard I tried they did not stop, it felt like it went on for hours and it was getting stranger and stranger...
I got up from my bed and it was an extremely cold winter's night, I could still hear the voices and the laughter, the words I could not in any way make out. It felt so unreal at the time and I felt like I was dreaming but I knew I was awake...
I walked quite fast to the bathroom, hearing them all the way, I turned on the light and turned on a tap for a while..I really did not know what to do.

I continued hearing them for quite a while and I don't know really how it stopped, but it did, I didn't go back to sleep the whole night.

Is this the first time i happened? and do you have an attic?

nex666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:12 pm 

It was the first and only time it happened, the attic was quite small. It was only accessable through a couple hatches in the ceiling of the house..not tall enough for anyone to stand up in.

This is has some information about the mine and the conditions etc there, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waihi_miners%27_strike

I used to find really old stuff under the house in that place too, like really ancient glass coke bottles, random rusty old tins for various products of old. It was quite interesting. When we lifted up the digustingly worn out carpets we found newspapers from the early 1900's

I didn't live there for very long, but that's not why. I just liked where I originally came from a lot better.

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:26 pm 

When I was in lock up, it was late at night probably around 2ish and my cellmate was sound asleep. I know this cause the fucker snored like mad. Anyway, I was having trouble sleeping (It was like that for the first few months) and literally just laid there staring at the ceiling for about an hour or so when I heard a girl's voice say "daddy?" It wasn't very loud but it was quiet enough, in between snores, that I was able to make it out pretty easily. I jumped up and looked around to see, well, nothing. Same ole' shitty ass cell. I got up off the bed and kinda looked around a bit, behind the toilet to see if anyone was hiding (I dunno why..) and eventually went back onto my bunk about 20 or so minutes later. My cellmate, some fat dude named Dwayne, was twisting and turning and shit but a while later I heard the same voice say "daddy" this time a bit louder and not as distorted. Again, I jumped up ready to kick the shit outta some ghost bitch but just sat there as I saw a lil' girl (about 12 i'd say) at the other end of the cell wearing a red bow in her hair and a tattered to shit dress. It was only for a moment but she looked kinda sad (like someone stole her pudding!) and took a step before disappearing. I kinda just sat there for a few minutes before I sucked it up and laid back down.

About 2 weeks later I was in the library and did some digging in old newspapers when I found the lil' girl in a family photo in an old newspaper. I guess her father was an inmate there about 20 years prior for killing his wife and daughter. The father, I found out, was killed in an "incident" involving a cellmate and a shard of glass and 30 stabs to the face.

I have more but that's the first one that came to me.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:45 am 

^^Holy moley...the little girl stories get me everytime. It sounds like a story a guard told me about a time he was working surveillance at the building I work at during a rennovation phase before it opened back up as the new psyche ward. One night he came to relieve a female guard who was supposed to be parked at the back of the building. Well she wasn't at the back but in the front lot. When he approached her car he noticed her windows were rolled up and that she was crying hysterically. He knocked on the window to ask her what the hell was going on. She was muttering something and seemed to not take notice of his arrival or of him standing there. He knocked harder on her window and yelled at her to open it and insisted that if she didn't that he was going to break it open with his Mag light. She finally woke up from her state and rolled down her window yelling and screaming at him at the top of her lungs that she would never come back to this site ever again; it didn't matter if she'd get fired, nothing would make her come back to this horrible place. What happened, he kept asking, until she finally calmed down and began to tell him what she saw back there. Apperently, while stationed at the rear and facing the building, a little girl came up to her car and knocked on her window. The female guard thinking that perhaps it was a child from some nearby neighborhood, rolled down her window and said hi to her. The young girl asked the guard if she had seen her mommy to which the guard responded no and before she could add anything else the girl moved away and headed towards the building and supposedly walked right through the wall and vanished. Now you know why that picture freaked me out.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:56 am 

Cinerary & his creepy prison stories. *shudders*
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:27 am 

Well, there was this one time in the showers...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next