Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:48 pm 

I fucking hate that kangaroo! FUCK THIS CUNT AND HIS WHOLE FAMILY!!

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:52 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
I think we all know what's going on here

I'll keep posting on the topic until you understand, hopefully this will help though I won't bank on it

Spoiler: show
From 29 April 2010

At 12:28 29th Apr 2010, glynwilliams wrote:

What sheer unerdulterated hypocrisy by Brown and New Labour. The Conservatives have made Immigration a central policy issue in the past two General Elections and New Labour have expressed outrage, calling the topic 'Racist'. Now the issue has really come to the fore and Voters' are expressing serious concerns Brown says that it is OK to discuss the subject. This man is just an out and out hypocrite and the sooner we are rid of his him and his belief that only he is fit to be Prime Minister the better for this Country. Anybody, but anybody, will be better than this scheming egotistical and pious professional Politcian who has brought this country to its knees.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/haveyoursay/ ... lking.html

Dominic Grieve, the Shadow Home Secretary, said: "The Government have shown that they have no answers to the challenges we face by failing to plan for our increasing population - this makes them part of the problem, not the solution."

Rosamund McDougall, policy director at the Optimum Population Trust, has called "for stabilisation and gradual decrease to five million fewer people in Britain by 2050".

"This population growth is absolutely unsustainable, in environmental terms, energy terms and food production. It will make life for British citizens significantly worse," she said.

"Even if we comprehensively greened our lifestyles, the UK could only support 27 million people - less than half its present population - from its own resources."

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:59 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Winnie the Pooh Baseball? :lol: How did you guys find this?

RageW/reiter found it. It's rather infamous on 4chan for the difficulty, and he goes to 4chan, so I guess that would be the easiest place to discover it.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:04 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Vipunen wrote:
https://twitter.com/expsnghghtsm

Some people...certainly not a very uplifting read as a 5'5 man.

God... the sheer amount of basement-level intelligence and arrogant shitheadery contained there actually made me kind of sad.

THIS JUST IN: teenage girls found to be stupid and shallow!

In other news, scientists have determined that water is wet.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:05 pm 

Waltz_of_Ghouls wrote:

Her, actually. Kanga is female.

[url=https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBlacksoulSeraphim/[/url]Gothic Doom/Black Metal
[url=https://www.facebook.com/OfficialAutumnsAshes]Autumn's Ashes[/url] Melodic Death/Doom Metal

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:06 pm 

mindshadow wrote:
I'll keep posting on the topic until you understand, hopefully this will help though I won't bank on it

:brick: :brick: :brick:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2403463/I-adore-badgers-cull--save-hedgehogs.html

Don't you see the parallels (between all four sides of a rhombus)? After all, Baron Quintin Hogg did invoke the Peerage Act and exclaimed that "those blancmange bastards have no right to interfere!"

Is this what we've been reduced to?

be careful what you read, for it's the House of Lords that's watching

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Waltz_of_Ghouls
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:07 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Waltz_of_Ghouls wrote:

Her, actually. Kanga is female.

FUCKING BITCH! I HOPE SHE GETS RAPED BY A PACK OF DRUNKEN MEL GIBSONS!

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:24 pm 

Kanga and Roo are easy as shit, dude. You have not yet begun to feel pain.

Full disclosure: I lost to Owl two or three times by only a ball or two and then just stopped playing. Not out of frustration or anything, just kinda lost interest.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

mindshadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:25 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
mindshadow wrote:

:brick: :brick: :brick:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2403463/I-adore-badgers-cull--save-hedgehogs.html

That's a nasty implication,

I posted this link a few months back, maybe you missed it, or more likely ignored it?

http://thinbluelineuk.blogspot.co.uk/2009/

Another,

What the census shows beyond any doubt is that the UK is in the midst of an astonishing era of demographic shift - and like the experience of many of its international peers, it is being driven by globalisation.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk

Last edited by mindshadow on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:31 pm 

I'm throwing in the towel. You win this time, mindshadow.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

mindshadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:33 pm 

It's not a question of winning, I wish I were wrong, because then we wouldn't be in such a mess here, which no one knows how to sort out, and it's playing right into the hands of extreme groups.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:47 pm 

mindshadow, I don't know if you're putting us all on here, but iamntbatman has been mocking your posting style this whole time, not trying to make any political points. You've been having a conversation with a parody of yourself. If you've been in on the joke this whole time, congratulations, you're smarter than anyone around here has given you credit for.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:51 pm 

I managed to get to Tigger today before I got really angry and quit. I can't even imagine how bad fighting Christopher Robin must be...

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:02 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Kanga and Roo are easy as shit, dude. You have not yet begun to feel pain.

Full disclosure: I lost to Owl two or three times by only a ball or two and then just stopped playing. Not out of frustration or anything, just kinda lost interest.

Same here. Funfact: Buddy of mine beat Owl on the first try. Naturally I hate him now.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Vipunen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:30 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
THIS JUST IN: teenage girls found to be stupid and shallow!

In other news, scientists have determined that water is wet.

Speaking from personal experience, I've come across that sort of behavior regarding height in workplaces, concerts and bars by adult men and women alike. It seems to be a widely accepted form of discrimination (even if it's mostly playful or even unspoken in nature, such as resting one's arm on my head among many other things) so perhaps that's why I was never very self-conscious about it. Very annoying regardless.

I found this to be spot-on http://imgur.com/BtrMTM6

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:48 pm 

I'll stop posting bullshit about Winnie the Pooh Homerun Derby and share something that Corpsessed fans should be excited for.

Quote:
As the summer is dying, we unveil the coverart drawn by Danille Gauvin for the upcoming yet unnamed Corpsessed album.
Currently all the drums, guitars, bass and most of the vocals are recorded. Next weekend begins the mixing of the album. We're getting close to the completion.
Source

That's some seriously awesome cover art, I can't wait to hear the new material!

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:26 pm 

The next time some geek tries to tell me that modern music sucks and that all pop/dance music is vapid and not creative, I will show them this. And they will be swayed.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:28 pm 

LlamaTrainer wrote:
I'll stop posting bullshit about Winnie the Pooh Homerun Derby and share something that Corpsessed fans should be excited for.

Quote:
As the summer is dying, we unveil the coverart drawn by Danille Gauvin for the upcoming yet unnamed Corpsessed album.
Currently all the drums, guitars, bass and most of the vocals are recorded. Next weekend begins the mixing of the album. We're getting close to the completion.
Source

:drool:

Looking forward to this. Should be another devastating slab of Finnish filth and scathing brutality.

My collection

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:30 pm 

LlamaTrainer wrote:

Quote:
Source

Oh, holy shit. :love: It looks beautiful, nice to see that they're finally getting around to releasing this!

(Also nice that they'll allegedly be re-recording those two songs that appeared on that shoddy 7"... :ugh:)

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:32 pm 

But if you meet, a friendly horse, will you communicate by morse? How will you speak to that horse?

Absolute poetry gold. Just let it sink in.

mindshadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:03 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
mindshadow, I don't know if you're putting us all on here, but iamntbatman has been mocking your posting style this whole time, not trying to make any political points. You've been having a conversation with a parody of yourself. If you've been in on the joke this whole time, congratulations, you're smarter than anyone around here has given you credit for.

I don't expect much credit from my detractors, who in calling me names, which included stupid and inbred, I wouldn't have felt obliged to confront them with the now undeniable truths I've spelt out on these pages.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:05 pm 

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/scenery ... ng-moments
Anybody getting this to load correctly? I usually wouldn't give two shits but this actually looks like a funny read.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:11 pm 

mindshadow wrote:
I don't expect much credit from my detractors, who in calling me names, which included stupid and inbred, I wouldn't have felt obliged to confront them with the now undeniable truths I've spelt out on these pages.

What in the fuck are you even talking about?

[url=https://www.facebook.com/OfficialBlacksoulSeraphim/[/url]Gothic Doom/Black Metal
[url=https://www.facebook.com/OfficialAutumnsAshes]Autumn's Ashes[/url] Melodic Death/Doom Metal

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:18 pm 

Subrick wrote:
mindshadow wrote:

What in the fuck are you even talking about?

Don't fuel it by asking it questions.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:38 pm 

mindshadow wrote:

Come on, you can do better than that. That's not even a grammatically correct sentence - using both "who" and "them" in the relative clause is redundant. Up your game, dude; it's disappointing when I can even vaguely understand what you're trying to say. :(

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:50 pm 

well, I dunno about you guys, but Mindshadow's easily the most entertaining dumb person we have on this board (the alternative is what: Napoleon?). Let's be nice to him so that he doesn't leave, and perhaps someone else can do a delightful parody of him in a few weeks. Cheers Batman! :beer:

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:55 pm 

I've never had an issue with him. :scratch:

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:56 pm 

I just wish iambatman's mockery had gone on for a few more pages. That was beautiful.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Pale_Pilgrim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:05 pm 

How does a band only around since 2003 have so very many former members? Including former live members, I count 35. :o

My DeviantArt
My old band/project

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:14 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
I've never had an issue with him. :scratch:

Me neither. I honestly don't understand where all this antagonism comes from. So much for being nice I guess? I am dissapoint.

~Guest 293033
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:19 pm 

...I rather like mindshadow

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:25 pm 

He's not actively annoying, but let's all be honest: every single post of his for the last few years has been some rambling post about.. well, the BBC, govt stuff that no one cares about and so on and so forth. No one ever acknowledges it- either positively or negatively- but he just keeps on rolling, posting the same sort of stuff week in week out. He could've been replaced by a bot that rambles about conspiracy theories in a very british way and no one would ever have noticed.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:35 pm 

I don't see how that would warrant getting ridiculed by 50% of the regulars though. I dunno, maybe I'm just a docile bastard, but it all feels very vicious to me. Yes, this is a forum filled with people who speak their minds about other people on the forum. This is a good thing, but please reserve it for the people who actually deserve it.

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:39 pm 

Well I wasn't even being serious with my comment despite how people reacted. His last ramble was inexcusably dreadful, that much is certain. Mindshadow, speaking in riddles and consistently lowering your text is incredibly annoying and considering your posts are usually on important issues you might do well to stop that in order to get your point across. Just some helpful advice.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:52 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I don't see how that would warrant getting ridiculed

You should.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:13 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I don't see how that would warrant getting ridiculed by 50% of the regulars though. I dunno, maybe I'm just a docile bastard, but it all feels very vicious to me. Yes, this is a forum filled with people who speak their minds about other people on the forum. This is a good thing, but please reserve it for the people who actually deserve it.

I'm sorry, it seems like you've mistaken this for the place where everyone sings and hugs and bakes cookies. This is the other place.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:22 pm 

That's just taking it out of context entirely. I have always considered this forum to be a fair place, and I still do. I simply don't think that mindshadow deserves ridicule. He's not Veracs.

Or Napoleon for that matter. The thread that he started right just now...

Last edited by henkkjelle on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 pm 

Mindshadow's posts are one of those things I thought everybody just scrolled past, I know I do. They're pretty harmless but there's almost always no context for them or anything that starts a proper discussion so I ignore them.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 pm 

I'm a little surprised mindshadow hasn't changed his approach by now. On more than one occasion he's essentially had it explained to him why he retains his odd pariah/leper status and how he could modify his contribution to be more effective, generate more conversation, and generally paint him as a more comprehensible, sane person that's not browsing the Deep Web for archival photos of Margaret Thatcher's collection of commemorative teacups from the library basement. Yet nothing changes. I don't have a problem with mindshadow but I never check out the links he posts or try to make sense of what he says.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:36 pm 

Pale_Pilgrim wrote:
How does a band only around since 2003 have so very many former members? Including former live members, I count 35. :o

It's a Gothic band. Perhaps the cutting went too far.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258 ... 518  Next