Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:36 pm 

Infowars' source could be Trump himself. We know he's a fan of the show.

VileRancour
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:50 am 

darkeningday wrote:
So why the hell are there not civilians breaking in and dismantling these child concentration camps in Texas and other border states? Because they'd have a record?

It's probably for the same reasons that most civilians are not going to take a completely random border-crosser into their homes. Even though they probably find the optics genuinely distasteful, they do realize (on some level) that this orchestrated scandal is simply a means to weaponize feelz into a push for complete and total open-borders policy. So they'll air out their outrage because that's what you do in Polite Company, which is all that matters in this day and age. But they know that this current situation is the result of decades of obstructing every attempt at a sane immigration policy, and of pissing on every pretense that laws and sovereignty exist. At this point, it's either less humanity at the border, or no humanity at all (=Northern Mexico) in their own back yards. It's that simple. :)

Xlxlx wrote:
Being Jewish and growing up with stories of the shoah, I have a tough time describing how alarming this whole situation sounds to me.

Being Jewish myself and growing up with the same background, I have a tough time describing how alarming it is to see it being used time and time again as a cheap emotional manipulation tool on other Jews (and non-Jews) to push an often completely-broken agenda.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:15 am 

Well tickle me pinko, I was a bit ashamed at my overreactionary post, especially after it was rightly skewered by Derigin and Morrigan, but after VileRancour's ridiculous slope slipperier than Jello Mountain and more brazenly alarmist than even Trump at his most demagogic, I feel at least slightly vindicated.

That some in our government and many in the media speak out against forcibly separating kids from their parents and throwing them both behind chicken wire cages set up in abandoned Wal-Marts miles apart has nothing to do with 'secretly' wanting open-door immigration policies. This unverifiable claim just reeks of Alex Jonesian New World Order/globalist conspiracy malarkey. And for your information I would be just fucking fine with an illegal family in my literal backyard, especially given the unimpeachable fact that illegals in the US commit significantly fewer crimes than US citizens (which should be obvious to anyone with a brain), ESPECIALLY those with families.

Stop swallowing the Trumpade and remove Breitbart, Daily Caller and Infowars from your morning news crawl. And for your information, illegal immigration into the US has been steadily declining since long before Trump was on anyone's radar. Do we even need to explain how fucking racist it is to insinuate everyone in Northern Mexico has the moral compass of a cartel boss? Though I guess you'd be sure to mention that "some, you assume, are good people" :lol: . I mean, jesus christ dude.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

VileRancour
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:46 am 

Glad to be of service (re: vindication). :D And no, I don't really read any of those sources (I don't even know what Daily Caller *is*!) but don't let that stop your strawmanning. Perhaps illegal immigration into the US has been steadily declining, but that's like saying that the rate of global temperature increase is slowing down a bit, so we can stop the "climate change alarmism", even though the trend itself continues in the same bad direction - just more slowly.

And perhaps I shouldn't even bother to protest about what you claim I was supposedly "insinuating", but just for kicks, I'll point out that it has nothing to do with "race" and everything to do with straightforward deduction: the fact is that Mexico has a huge problem with criminal activity which is already making life hell for many of its own lawful citizens. And it shouldn't be surprising that the act of illegal immigration necessarily implies a measure of disregard for laws, and as such attracts those that aren't exactly welcome as model citizens in their *own* home country, and are more likely to be part of the problem. If anything, making that distinction would be the exact opposite of painting "everyone" with the same "fucking racist" brush, but I'm fully confident of your ability to twist even this around to make it fit your foregone conclusion.

And even if 99.9999% of all illegal immigrants are perfectly law-abiding, it does not justify the risk of letting in the remainder, especially when "sanctuary" policies have demonstrated their outstanding efficiency in continuing to harbor horrifyingly violent criminals after they'd been deported half a dozen times. What, as a country, makes you more obligated to the innocents of another country at the expense of the safety of your own? The very fact that this is even controversial at all is what boggles the mind. And if you can't see how the situation with those kids is already being exploited to push the policies of those who completely negate the concept of immigration control in any form, I can't help you there.

But keeping in mind that this is the age when washed-up, drugged-up comediennes have their careers buried for good for calling people nasty names on social media, while others can call women "lying gashes" who should be "whipped in public" and openly call for the murder of ICE agents and for particular children to be "put in cages with pedophiles", and everything's fine - I should probably not expect the shrillness and derangement to be decoupled from these topics anytime soon. It's just extremely odd to peek now and then into this bizarro-world where basic common sense (whether the conclusions are true or not!) elicits a never-ending tantrum of histrionics, and vice-versa. ¯\(°_o)/¯

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:06 am 

In lighter news, it turns out that working for Trump is a turn-off.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:11 am 

''and it shouldn't be surprising that the act of illegal immigration necessarily implies a measure of disregard for laws, and as such attracts those that aren't exactly welcome as model citizens in their *own* home country, and are more likely to be part of the problem.'' You seems to forgot that quite a few illegals are coming in this country is because of the corruption and the criminals in their own contries. If they would have stay they would have been killed or or lives in miserable conditions. A lot the jews who flew Germany during the nazi regime were illegals. There was some criminals amongst them but the vast majority were good honest people. Some countries had the same arguments as your 99.99999% vs 0.00001 argument. Guest what happens? They were shipped back in Germany with the result we all knows. Fortunately, not everyone thought the same thing as you and some have been saved.

The 99.99999% vs 0.00001 is a total bulls..t argument.

''especially when "sanctuary" policies have demonstrated their outstanding efficiency in continuing to harbor horrifyingly violent criminals after they'd been deported half a dozen times''. If the carceral system wasn't so broken with a lot of people in jail for petty crimes amongst other problems, those violent criminals could be send in jails like violents criminals born in the usa without overcrowding the system. But they would be in prison not because they are illegals, but because thae have killed some innocent people. If we just send those few criminal back because they are illegals. They will either return commiting another crime of they would do crimes in their country. It would be much more efficient in fighting real criminals in both countries.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:47 am 

Did rancour seriously just compare declining illegal immigration rates to the eventual disintegration of the ozone layer? Did he seriously just use the first grade semantics argument of "well, illegal immigration is illegal, and murdering people is illegal, so they must share the same clientele." This is, of course, in defiance of fact:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... ore-crime/

Did he seriously just say that a statistically insignificant stat is somehow significant enough to build sweeping policy around since, um, feelings? Did he seriously just say that the lives of thousands of children rended from the arms of their parents and guardians are just meaningless props for outrage? Did he seriously just say "common sense" is more important than verifiable fact? Does he seriously think there's no middle ground for sensible preventative measures for illegal immigration while not trampling over civil rights and using draconion punishments? I have no idea who in their right mind would advocate for 100% free and open borders forever and for always, but apparently there are a lot of them? At least in this guy's mind, lol.

Is this Cynical or Falco's alt or something? It definitely reeks of ANUS.
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

VileRancour
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:19 pm 

ITT we've already learned that the US is like Nazi Germany. Now Mexico is, too? Don't know whether to start with "association fallacy" or with "two wrongs make a right", so let's just declare everyone to be Literally Hitler and be done with it.

FWIW, from what I know I actually agree about the whole prison system situation being bullshit for the reasons you cite, lost_wanderer. But turning it into an instrument of solving another country's issues at the expense of your own would just replace one problem with another - a solution it isn't.

Ah, a new post... well, while it's admittedly sort of cute when the 'other side' turns to the third-person "did he really just do that lol" schtick, having the Washington "Democracy Dies in Darkness" Post presented as any more factual and impartial a source than (say) Infowars stretches credulity just a wee bit. Perhaps I'll drop by again later for some more "post-truth world" comebacks from you guys; please don't disappoint. :D

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:30 pm 

Yeah dewd, The Cato Institute is totally a far left neo-marxist Soros shill and deffo not a right-leaning Libertarian outfit.

But you're right, this is a post-truth world where word associations and feelings and your subjective perception of "common sense" matter far more than stats and figures and empirical data compiled by experts in their field. And you're living proof of that.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:03 pm 

:lol: I think perfectly free and open borders are a nice dream for some of us, but anyone who's tried to emibrate or deal with mmigration matters in this part of the world, as I have, twice, knows that it's so far from a reality that anyone who thinks otherwise must have very little experience in these matters. it's not really a practical goal for any of us to work towards; i think even those of us who dream about how much easier it would be know this very well.

Anyway, I'm very confused about what is going on there presently. Where are these people being rounded up? At the border, or on the streets of Texas? That's one of the most heavily patrolled and secure borders in the world; it's not illegal to cross it though, although everyone is supposed to have a passport or some equivalent documentation -- it's illegal to stay in the United States and acquire an "under the table" job.

While I am these days very insistent upon doing things "properly" and keeping the bureaucrats happy, I certainly have a lot of sympathy for those who end up stuck somewhere and in fact can't go through all the legal channels to acquire a permanent residence status. It's expensive as hell, and requires a rather large amassing of personal documentation that, simply put, not everyone is going to have access to. I wish these people who have the best of intentions the best of luck. This whole thing makes me feel bad and I wish I understood better what was going on.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:22 pm 

VileRancour wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
Being Jewish and growing up with stories of the shoah, I have a tough time describing how alarming this whole situation sounds to me.

Being Jewish myself and growing up with the same background, I have a tough time describing how alarming it is to see it being used time and time again as a cheap emotional manipulation tool on other Jews (and non-Jews) to push an often completely-broken agenda.

You know, I was gonna offer a retort to this, but then I saw every single other piece of hot, steamy shit you pressed into your keyboard, thankfully adressed by others, that I decided I'm simply not gonna bother. Can't help you if you choose not to see what's in front of you.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:26 pm 

Notable retard Charles Krauthammer died. Hopefully soon the rest of the retards who championed the invasion of Iraq with him will soon follow.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:01 pm 

VileRancour wrote:
And perhaps I shouldn't even bother to protest about what you claim I was supposedly "insinuating", but just for kicks, I'll point out that it has nothing to do with "race" and everything to do with straightforward deduction: the fact is that Mexico has a huge problem with criminal activity which is already making life hell for many of its own lawful citizens.

Uh, yeah. Which is why they are running the hell away from there to begin with. And the fact that the legal process is painful, arduous and messy (hint: guess who have been pushing for immigration reform to help address this, and no, it's not "open borders"), which means desperate people would rather take their chances.

I mean, you know they are desperate since they're leaving their homes to go into... a shithole like the US. :p

Quote:
And it shouldn't be surprising that the act of illegal immigration necessarily implies a measure of disregard for laws, and as such attracts those that aren't exactly welcome as model citizens in their *own* home country

Are you fucking kidding me with this? You're better than this, dude.

Statistically, in the US anyway, immigrants have lower crime rates than non-immigrants. This is well-documented. Immigrants do not become undocumented due to a "disregard of laws" or for having criminal tendencies (note, something being illegal is also not the same thing as it being criminal -- can't believe I have to spell this out... roughly half of undocumented immigrants are just staying on expired visas, which is a civil offense, not a criminal one), not in the US anyway, and linking this to actual crimes is crassly ignorant at best.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_i ... ted_States

Quote:
, and are more likely to be part of the problem. If anything, making that distinction would be the exact opposite of painting "everyone" with the same "fucking racist" brush, but I'm fully confident of your ability to twist even this around to make it fit your foregone conclusion.

If you repeat fact-free bullshit filled with racist or xenophobic dog whistles, don't smugly feign surprise when called out. Simple.

Quote:
And if you can't see how the situation with those kids is already being exploited to push the policies of those who completely negate the concept of immigration control in any form, I can't help you there.

This is nonsense. Which mainstream US politician is pushing for 100% open borders as policy? Name some names. The "open borders" thing is a Fox News/GOP talking point, a made-up strawman.

Quote:
But keeping in mind that this is the age when washed-up, drugged-up comediennes have their careers buried for good for calling people nasty names on social media

"Nasty names"? No, it was for being openly racist and having a history of racism. But ¯\(°_o)/¯, indeed.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

alexo666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:43 pm 

So... has anyone seen the MAGA consolidation plan?

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1010205853985792000

Last FM

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:32 pm 

I've seen summaries. It's close to dead on arrival in the House, and therefore actually dead on arrival in the Senate. They can't even pass their own budgets, much less one that comes from the White House.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:34 am 

Morrigan wrote:
VileRancour wrote:

And it shouldn't be surprising that the act of illegal immigration necessarily implies a measure of disregard for laws, and as such attracts those that aren't exactly welcome as model citizens in their *own* home country

Are you fucking kidding me with this? You're better than this, dude.

Statistically, in the US anyway, immigrants have lower crime rates than non-immigrants. This is well-documented. Immigrants do not become undocumented due to a "disregard of laws" or for having criminal tendencies (note, something being illegal is also not the same thing as it being criminal -- can't believe I have to spell this out... roughly half of undocumented immigrants are just staying on expired visas, which is a civil offense, not a criminal one), not in the US anyway, and linking this to actual crimes is crassly ignorant at best.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_i ... ted_States

This New York Times article also sheds some light on why they come here, even with Trump's concentration camp policies. Things really are that bad in many Central American countries right now.

New York Times wrote:
“Why would you undertake such a dangerous journey?” said Magdalena Escobedo, 32, who works at the migrant shelter here in Tucson, called Casa Alitas. “When you’ve got a gun to your head, people threatening to rape your daughter, extort your business, force your son to work for the cartels. What would you do?”

Also, in a rare moment of the Trump administration actually doing their homework on something, they suppressed the results of the study when it turned out that immigrants and refugees actually benefit the economy... to the tune of $63,000,000,000.

Quote:
The study found that between 2005 and 2014, refugees “contributed an estimated $269.1 billion in revenues to all levels of government” through the payment of federal, state, and local taxes — which far outweighed their cost to the country. “Overall, this report estimated that the net fiscal impact of refugees was positive over the 10-year period, at $63 billion.” When the study was completed in July, however, it was never publicly released, and the Trump administration dismissed the findings. From the New York Times:

White House officials said those conclusions were illegitimate and politically motivated, and were disproved by the final report issued by the agency, which asserts that the per-capita cost of a refugee is higher than that of an American.

Sorry if any of this has been posted before, but it seems like there might still be some Trumpian stupidity involving immigrants that needs to be educated.

BloodoftheKing
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:57 am 

Join Antifa allready faggot. Im sure your also a fan of Metal Sucks also.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 am 

Well, that escalated quickly.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:13 am 

BloodoftheKing wrote:

*you're

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:32 am 

BloodoftheKing wrote:

Last edited by Resident_Hazard on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:46 am 

Earthcubed wrote:
I've seen summaries. It's close to dead on arrival in the House, and therefore actually dead on arrival in the Senate. They can't even pass their own budgets, much less one that comes from the White House.

I sincerely hope this ends up dead on arrival. This looks like a full-blown disaster. If Trump's bullshit isn't stopped, we really are seeing the downfall of an empire.

Also, I couldn't help but notice heavy cuts to science and NASA--hot on the heels of Trump wanting to fuck up international treaties to build a military branch for outer space. Could this administration possibly be any dumber?

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:07 pm 

Supreme Court upholds Trump ban
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... ban-673181
Quote:
The 5-4 decision marks the conclusion of a protracted legal fight over the ban, which critics argue stems from the president’s discriminatory attitude toward Muslims.

The Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld President Donald Trump’s travel ban, a major victory in the administration’s quest to restrict the flow of immigrants and visitors into the United States.

In a 5-4 decision, the justices affirmed the president’s vast powers over matters of national security — even as they grappled with Trump’s anti-Muslim statements and the intent behind the controversial policy.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:50 pm 

Trump wants to open Superior Forest to mining. This is a beautiful, nearly pristine wilderness. I don't understand how outdoors-types can continue to support Republicans, and Trump especially, when all they want to do is destroy the very environment they love.

I spent last week camping up there, a good 18 miles into the forest. It was unbelievably perfect (after the battery in my Jeep was replaced). The landscape, the environment, the forest, the wildlife. Trump wants this forest razed for temporary money. How the fuck can anyone be in favor of this?

He has literally never done a good deed in his life, and all he's doing now is attempting to top his own evil every step of the way out.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:08 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Well, that escalated quickly.

It also de-escalated quickly.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:52 pm 

Lol @ at everyone attacking antifa who didn't know of it's existence before the 2016 elections let alone occupy

>>>/pol/

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:05 pm 

https://www.theonion.com/tips-for-stayi ... 1827147411

Quote:
[...]

Consider that we all have different perspectives stemming from things like age, ethnicity, or level of racism.

Recall that violently rejecting a tyrannical government goes against everything our forefathers believed in.

Give your political opponents the benefit of the doubt by letting this play out for 20 years and seeing if it gets any better on its own.

Realize that every pressing social issue is solved through civil discourse if you ignore virtually all of human history.

[...]

Have I mentioned how much I love The Onion lately?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:28 pm 

Justice Kenney is retiring from SCOTUS.

That means Trump gets to put another conservative fuckwit who will likely be on there for decades to come.

:nono:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:02 pm 

Aaaaaand we're boned.

HamburgerBoy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:10 pm 

Depends on how long it takes for a replacement and how the midterms end up. This could just result in more 4-4 gridlock, which may or may not be an improvement over "5-4 with Kennedy as the tie-breaker siding with Repubs over Dems more often than not", depending on your perspective. Nixon had like three conservative justices rejected before the liberal senate approved the more moderate Blackmun (who ended up being one of the most liberal justices in USA history by the end of his term).

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 pm 

Nah. Mitch McConnell wants the replacement to be confirmed by September, and the GOP controls the senate. Y'all toast.

RIP Roe v. Wade?

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:25 pm 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez :)

I also wouldn't put too much stock in what Bitch McConnell says, he's almost entirely talk, which I suppose is appropriate given his position.

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:55 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
RIP Roe v. Wade?

I don't think so. At least two of the GOP's swing Senate votes-- Collins and Murkowski-- are probably not going to vote for a candidate who'd overturn Roe v. Wade, and given how narrow the GOP's lead in the Senate is right now, they really need every vote they can get.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:08 pm 

The most likely scenario for RvW is SCOTUS letting states decide whether abortion should be legal within their boundaries.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:30 pm 

In other words... overturning RvW? :p

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

darkhness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 pm 

Now all we have to wait for is RBG to retire or step down. With that being said, I'm confident Trump will nominate a judge that follows the U.S. Constitution closely.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:47 am 

...as in, follow the constitution as it was written, with the exception of checks on executive power and without such bothersome things like the Bill of Rights.

Police state, here we come.

now, granted, many in the US are more than happy about this, unfortunately. Because while most people in the US do not want a police state, clearly some (like Darkhness above, unless of course he was being sarcastic) obviously do.

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:59 am 

Ruth Bader Ginsburg isn't stepping down any time soon. She knows doing so would fork yet another Supreme Court seat to the conservatives and leave the liberal wing with just three reliably liberal justices, and I think she'll stick around at least until a Democrat wins in 2020 to avoid that.

I think it's incredible, though, that Mitch McConnell comes out and says the Senate should fulfill its constitutional duty and swiftly confirm Trump's nominee. He doesn't even bother pretending at this point. I guess I have no reason to expect any better, but I'm still disgusted at the bald-faced hypocrisy from this unprincipled eel.

darkhness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:11 am 

Oxenkiller wrote:
...as in, follow the constitution as it was written, with the exception of checks on executive power and without such bothersome things like the Bill of Rights.

Police state, here we come.

now, granted, many in the US are more than happy about this, unfortunately. Because while most people in the US do not want a police state, clearly some (like Darkhness above, unless of course he was being sarcastic) obviously do.

I seriously doubt you were concerned with "checks on executive power" when Obama was President for 8 years.

EDIT: I also think it's laughable how the majority of the people on the left are lamenting over this totally unrealistic and improbable Trump police state, but want the government dictating how they live their lives even more than it does now.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:38 am 

Morrigan wrote:
RIP Roe v. Wade?

It will soon turn out that the "reproductive rights" we remember are actually "reproductive privileges".

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:03 am 

darkhness wrote:
I seriously doubt you were concerned with "checks on executive power" when Obama was President for 8 years.

That doesn't matter. If a republican presidency causes people realize an overly powerful presidency is a problem, that's good. If a democratic presidency does that, that's good too.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 227  Next