Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
at the gaytes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:55 pm 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
^ That's interesting. I just did some research and there's apparently a skin condition called harlequin ichythiosis that looks like this:
Spoiler: show

what the fuck

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm 

Biggest MA Unsolved Mysteries:
-Where the hell is CK!?
-Whatever happened to Witcher!?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:17 pm 

This is interesting: https://news.utk.edu/2018/03/07/researc ... -earharts/
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:23 pm 

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2018/02/10/delphi-murders-heres-what-we-know-year-after-slayings-abby-and-libby/326442002/

The Liberty German and Abigail Williams murders in Delphi, IN are pretty hard to forget.

I think what bothers me the most is one of these girls had the presence of mind to get video of this guy on her phone and even with that they still haven't been able to come up with anything.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:12 pm 

CoconutBackwards wrote:
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2018/02/10/delphi-murders-heres-what-we-know-year-after-slayings-abby-and-libby/326442002/

The Liberty German and Abigail Williams murders in Delphi, IN are pretty hard to forget.

I think what bothers me the most is one of these girls had the presence of mind to get video of this guy on her phone and even with that they still haven't been able to come up with anything.

I have been reading about that case for some time. It is one case that really bothers me. I had read somewhere that the girls had left there phones on record during the attack. Some police office had to listen to that as part of the case. Very disturbing to me.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:21 pm 

Timeghoul wrote:
CoconutBackwards wrote:

I have been reading about that case for some time. It is one case that really bothers me. I had read somewhere that the girls had left there phones on record during the attack. Some police office had to listen to that as part of the case. Very disturbing to me.

Holy shit. I had not heard that part.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 am 

I had heard that part on a unsolved crime channel on Youtube. They were children, so it was probably not a thought, but they both could of gotten away. Both of them took off running, when there was any kind of fork in the road/trail they split up. The guy looks like a slug, he probably wouldn't of been able to keep up with them. May have also backed down, if they split up. That whole living witness thing.

It completely amazes me with a picture of the guy, he has not been caught yet.

Quote:
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

at the gaytes
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:54 pm 

ironmaidens_666 wrote:

This case sounds almost surreal. How the fuck someone gets away with 50 rapes and 12 murders?

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:14 pm 

at the gaytes wrote:
ironmaidens_666 wrote:

This case sounds almost surreal. How the fuck someone gets away with 50 rapes and 12 murders?

Quote:
Although he originally targeted women either alone in their homes or with children, he later came to prefer attacking couples instead. His standard procedure was to break in and awaken the occupants, threatening them with a handgun. Victims were generally bound with ligatures that the criminal brought to the crime scene, often blindfolding and/or gagging them with towels taken from the residence that he had carefully cut into strips. The female victim was made to tie up her male companion with bootlaces before being tied up herself. In many cases, these bindings were made so tightly that the victims had no feeling in their hands for hours after they were untied. He would then separate the couple, often stacking dishes on the back of the male, and telling him that if he heard the dishes rattle he would kill everyone in the house. The intruder at times spent hours in the home, ransacking closets and drawers, eating food in the kitchen, and coming back to utter more threats to the victims, who were often unsure as to whether he was still in the home. In some instances, the victims believed he had left and began to move, but he then "jump[ed] from the darkness." The perpetrator was believed to use a bicycle to travel to and from his car, and also made extensive use of parks, school yards, creek beds, and other open spaces that allowed him to stay off the street.

This shit is terrifying. Breaking into peoples' homes and waking them up at gunpoint? What a dirtbag.

kellyon
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 am 

In Yellowstone there is a "hotspot" for tourist around the world. Its famous "Old Faithful" Geyser draws much attention. It spews out 3700 gallons of hot steamy water like clockwork, every 44 to 125 minutes. Here is a livebcam from that place https://worldcams.tv/water/old-faithful-geyser. Going to visit it this fall.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:55 pm 

I know this thread is about Unsolved Mysteries and I hope I'm not being a troll here but here goes. What if most of these missing persons case that are supposed to be foul play related are just people who did not want to be found and just changed their names and bailed.

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:42 pm 

kellyon wrote:
In Yellowstone there is a "hotspot" for tourist around the world. Its famous "Old Faithful" Geyser draws much attention. It spews out 3700 gallons of hot steamy water like clockwork, every 44 to 125 minutes. Here is a livebcam from that place https://worldcams.tv/water/old-faithful-geyser. Going to visit it this fall.

Wrong thread my friend.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:46 pm 

Both the case of the Night Stalker and the geological phenomenon that causes the Old Faithful geyser have been solved- not really unsolved mysteries anymore.

Lolpah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:21 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
Both the case of the Night Stalker and the geological phenomenon that causes the Old Faithful geyser have been solved- not really unsolved mysteries anymore.
The Original Night Stalker, also known as East Area Rapist has not been caught.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:38 pm 

Didn't see anyone mention this...supposedly The Original Night Stalker left this really chilling, disturbing voicemail for one of his victims.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:20 pm 

Is it possible that maybe some of these rapists were actually female? Its a terrifying thought but...?

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:46 pm 

Face_your_fear_79 wrote:
Is it possible that maybe some of these rapists were actually female? Its a terrifying thought but...?

To paraphrase Elliot Stabler, THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE SEMEN INSIDE THEM.

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:53 pm 

Good point I kind of figured my comment was wrong anyway.

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:02 am 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Watchers

Heard about this the other day. Sounds spooky but not excactly terrifying.

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:20 pm 

Pichushkin wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Watchers

Heard about this the other day. Sounds spooky but not excactly terrifying.

But nice obscure folklore at least. The principle behind it is pretty cool. In the ever-fascinating "Creepiest things that have happened to you (part 2?)" - thread there's a captivating story told by one of our Italian members (Lord Jotun, maybe?) which somewhat fits into this lore if memory serves me right.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:38 am 

I think a great one is the WOW! Signal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

Directly from the Wikipedia:

The Wow! signal was a strong narrowband radio signal received on August 15, 1977, by Ohio State University's Big Ear radio telescope in the United States, then used to support the search for extraterrestrial intelligence. The signal appeared to come from the constellation Sagittarius and bore the expected hallmarks of extraterrestrial origin.

Astronomer Jerry R. Ehman discovered the anomaly a few days later while reviewing the recorded data. He was so impressed by the result that he circled the reading on the computer printout and wrote the comment Wow! on its side, leading to the event's widely used name.

The entire signal sequence lasted for the full 72-second window during which Big Ear was able to observe it, but has not been detected since, despite several subsequent attempts by Ehman and others. Many hypotheses have been advanced on the origin of the emission, including natural and man-made sources, but none of them adequately explains the result.The Wow! signal remains therefore the strongest candidate for an alien radio transmission ever detected.

Quote:

battle_axes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:46 pm 

Looks like police may have found the Original Night Stalker:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:09 pm 

Not to turn this into an anti-cop thread but given how real the blue wall of silence is, I have to wonder how many friends or coworkers of his thought something was suspicious or "off" about him but didn't say anything.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:51 am 

battle_axes wrote:
Looks like police may have found the Original Night Stalker:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

I'm real happy to hear they may have finally caught this guy.

I had just read the original story in this thread not too long ago and was pretty disgusted with the story of what this guy had done to these people.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:11 pm 

now it's high time abovethethrone finally brings the zodiac killer to justice.

j/k, the news of this guy finally having been caught has seriously intrigued me again. I'm really keen to hear new information on this, since there are a lot of open questions regarding this guy, e.g. what did he do in the meantime, why did he stop killing, or at least why have there no more cases been linked to him since 1986, and how did he get into the cops' focus?
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:25 pm 

into_the_pit wrote:
now it's high time abovethethrone finally brings the zodiac killer to justice.

j/k, the news of this guy finally having been caught has seriously intrigued me again. I'm really keen to hear new information on this, since there are a lot of open questions regarding this guy, e.g. what did he do in the meantime, why did he stop killing, or at least why have there no more cases been linked to him since 1986, and how did he get into the cops' focus?

Yea, I hope we get to hear a lot from this guy before he dies, or kills himself.

From what I've read from neighbors it sounds like he was obsessed with his lawn, keeping people off his lawn and yelling "fuck".

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:48 am 

so it seems they got on to him via some online ancestry portal... didn't expect that.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 am 

into_the_pit wrote:
so it seems they got on to him via some online ancestry portal... didn't expect that.

Awesome.

What do you do with this guy? I feel there needs to be some kind of punishment, but what do they do with him? I want his head opened to find out what is going on in there.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:05 am 

Timeghoul wrote:
I think a great one is the WOW! Signal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

This was referenced in the first episode of the second season of the X Files.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Osmiumthemetal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:47 pm 

Something I think about is the real implications of Spacetime. Space and time are not the same but integrally interrelated; one cannot exist without the other. If an event occurred in space, there had to be a period for it to occur (as no event is ever instantaneous).

One thing that always comes back to my mind with this is the passage of time itself. The passage of time of course is effected by densities in space like black holes and neutron stars and large concentrations of matter and with this effect comes the bending of space too. But something I wonder is if the expansion of space itself (which can be thought of as infinite numbers of Minkowski spaces all spreading; like a deck of cards being spread across a table) is a result of how time is always passing. Time has to always be passing for any change to be noticed; and perhaps this fact that time is always changing is what makes the universe itself expand.

Time passage could be the analogy to space expansion. They both are constantly changing in a medium that presently eludes us. I hope this fits in this topic.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:24 pm 

Will Lykathea Aflame ever release a second album?

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 am 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor John Titor. I did not see it discussed and really enjoy this thread. Although there is speculation of who the "time traveler" is, his predictions have not come true, the entire case still remains unsolved. From Wikipedia:

In his online postings, Titor claimed to be an American soldier from 2036, based in Tampa, Florida. He was assigned to a governmental time-travel project, and sent back to 1975 to retrieve an IBM 5100 computer which he said was needed to debug various legacy computer programs in 2036; a possible reference to the UNIX year 2038 problem. The IBM 5100 runs the APL and BASIC programming languages.

Titor had been selected for this mission specifically, given that his paternal grandfather was directly involved with the assembly and programming of the 5100. Titor claimed to be on a stopover in the year 2000 for "personal reasons," to collect pictures lost in the (future) civil war and to visit his family, of whom he spoke often.

Titor also said he had been, for a few months, trying to alert anyone that would listen about the threat of Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease spread through beef products and about the possibility of civil war within the United States. When questioned about them by an online subscriber, Titor also expressed an interest in mysteries such as UFOs, which remained unexplained in his time. Titor suggested that UFOs and extraterrestrials might be travelers from much further into the future than his own time, with superior time machines.

Quote:

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:22 pm 

He sounds more like your garden variety crackpot lunatic, or else (more benignly) someone with a vivid imagination and a passion for science fiction. Interesting guy, but not really an "unsolved mystery" type thing, or anything to take seriously.

Malefikant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:31 pm 

true_death wrote:
The most horrifying "unsolved mystery" that I know of, is the story of Tara Calico. She was a 19 year old girl who vanished while out biking. Her walkman was found destroyed on the pavement, and several witnesses reported to have seen her riding her bike (which was never found) and that a pickup truck with a camper shell on the back was seen following closely behind. What makes this story especially terrifying is that about a year later, a woman found the following Polaroid photograph in the parking lot of a convenience store, in the spot where a white windowless van had been parking when she arrived (the polaroid is on the left, on the right is a photo of what Tara looked like):

According to the mother, the girl in the photograph on the left is her daughter, because a scar on the girl's leg is identical to a scar Tara received in a car accident. Even weirder, the mother also recognized the book in the bottom-left corner ("My Sweet Audrina" by V.C. Andrews), as one of Tara's favorite books. But most haunting of all, to this day the boy in the photograph has never been identified.

Yes, creepy (and sad) story.

It somehow reminds me of those dozens of unidentified victim photographs of Rodney "Dating Game Killer" Alcala.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/S ... 2849.html#

Crazy if you think that most of them are still not identified, especially since the photo quality is very professional for the 70s. Nobody seems to miss these women/kids these days.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 6:55 pm 

Oxenkiller wrote:
He sounds more like your garden variety crackpot lunatic, or else (more benignly) someone with a vivid imagination and a passion for science fiction. Interesting guy, but not really an "unsolved mystery" type thing, or anything to take seriously.

The John Titor story is a pretty interesting one. You should try and look into it. It became an internet mystery of medium relevance at some point, and not so long ago it was (possibly) solved as to who was the real John Titor based on the time and style of writting.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:08 pm 

There's like 10,000,000 other John Titor's on the internet who don't have "who is the real John Titor?" articles written about them. It's a mystery no one should care about.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:02 pm 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammy_Lynn_Leppert

That girl was in Scarface and plays a girl distracting Manny during the chainsaw shower scene.

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:54 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
There's like 10,000,000 other John Titor's on the internet who don't have "who is the real John Titor?" articles written about them. It's a mystery no one should care about.

Did John Titor bullied you in school while you were kids back then in the future?
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:32 pm 

The anime series, Steins;Gate, actually makes heavy reference to the John Titor incident--namely, one of the main characters, Suzuha, is a time-traveler who tried to warn people about an impending cyberpunk dystopia. Kinda cool when these kinds of urban legends make their way into fiction.

Timeghoul
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:54 am 

Although "John's" predictions failed to come to light and people in the know when it comes to physics proved most of what he said to be wrong, he pulled the ultimate "prank." His prank was so epic that years we are still discussing it and its become an urban legend. There are even people on the net still discussing his validity.

Quote:

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next