Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:31 pm 

Bumpin'.

Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:09 pm 

I guess I should mention that the stuff I ordered off him pretty much immediately after he opened the thread did arrive in mid March or so. It is a bit odd how a lot of people haven't gotten their stuff though; I'm obviously in a different situation to them but I don't think Noktorn has had any malicious intentions with this whole thing. I've ordered from him a few times over the years, particularly through his old distro and he's always been pretty good. If he wanted to rip people off he probably wouldn't have offered PayPal as a payment method in any case because they don't give a rat's arse about the seller's side of the story unless they post it registered and all that stuff.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:28 pm 

Foxx wrote:
I'm obviously in a different situation to them but I don't think Noktorn has had any malicious intentions with this whole thing.

Well, of course. I'm not angry with him, nor is there any doubt in my mind that he is a fully trustworthy seller, I just want to receive the things that I paid for.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:47 pm 

I don't think he fully considered the magnitude of shipping costs, especially from the number of orders he knew he was going to receive for his collection. I ordered 120$ worth of stuff from him and I'd hate to know how much shipping costs to ship 18 cds, but thats no excuse to be a pussy and disappear off the face of the forum because you aren't able to ship the products. Its going on three months now and this is getting to be a pain in the ass.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

RapeTheDead
Stoned Jesus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:49 am 

Yeah, I paid in early March for even more than you did (about $240 worth) and the only reason I'm worried is because there hasn't been a trace of him online in weeks. It's just kind of a niggling thing at the back of my mind.

SKYLESS AEONS
SENTIMENT DISSOLVE
HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:29 pm 

Bump

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:20 am 

still bumpin'

Under_Starmere wrote:

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:15 am 

bump

Under_Starmere wrote:

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 pm 

Yeah, I'm also going to go with "Did not factor in how mindblowingly expensive shipping all this would be". I consider myself very lucky in that I got mine last month, but I've been keeping tabs on this topic ever since, nonetheless.

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:47 am 

Still nothing for me, and still no reply to emails. He seems to have stopped posting on his blog, too.

jute
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:03 am 

I'm still waiting as well.

ForNaught
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:18 am 

Nothing here either, although I'm not too surprised what with the refund and all. I kind of want to try to re-arrange the deal a bit as I'll be in the states soon. He's not answering emails still, though?

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:09 pm 

I was about to send another email asking for intervention to the other guy who writes on Noktorn's blog, but then I saw some comments there indicating that Noktorn is attending to a death in the family or something. My thoughts are that that could only account for a small fraction of the past 3-4 months of absenteeism. If he really somehow can't deal with sending out a few packages, yet wants to get rid of all this "baggage", he ought at least to refund the money. But anyways, as long as we can sort of keep track of him from a distance, I'm still hopeful of sorting this out before the end of 2012. Until and after that happens, others are warned against dealing with him.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:38 pm 

Bump 5 months and still nothing!

Under_Starmere wrote:

jute
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:47 pm 

Nothing here either.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:19 pm 

bump

Under_Starmere wrote:

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:19 am 

bump

Under_Starmere wrote:

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:55 pm 

bump

Under_Starmere wrote:

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:01 am 

Anything turn up at all......?

Under_Starmere wrote:

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 am 

Did anyone this past year get any stray package from that asshole thief at all? Anything?

Under_Starmere wrote:

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:34 am 

Oh, forgot about this ... No, of course nothing, he disappeared for good. I emailed the same contact in September, who was his friend till his disappearance, but he still had not heard anything back. "The dude was not exactly laughing his way to the bank", he told me. I don't expect to receive anything, ever. I would be surprised to hear of this guy again. He did all the stealing in one big binge then disappeared, with rumours of "family emergency" and depression, but I don't feel sorry for him at all. It's clear he was consciously ripping people off because he continued stealing using his girlfriend's paypal account once his was shut down. Well, there's one thing in the power of a person like him to do which can make the world a better place, and I hope that's how his binge culminated, but it's unlikely. In any case I hope he never brings his hysterics back here...

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:43 am 

SwarteHeap wrote:
It's clear he was consciously ripping people off because he continued stealing using his girlfriend's paypal account once his was shut down. Well, there's one thing in the power of a person like him to do which can make the world a better place, and I h

Woah, when did you hear about this?

Under_Starmere wrote:

SwarteHeap
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:51 pm 

Oh, I thought this was dealt with already in this thread, I guess not. I bought from him in February, I think (a month after he started this thread), and when I sent money I noticed his paypal account had a girl's name. I pmed others who had sent him money before me and they said their money went to a different account, under his own name. I initiated sending money to that account using paypal (with no plan on hitting "confirm"), and it said I couldn't do it because it had been closed. Later I emailed Noktorn's blog-acquaintance mentioning the girl's name and he said it was Noktorn's girlfriend.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3