Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
irionman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:23 am 

This one is on discogs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him/her here. He goes by Paragonazazel on discogs. https://www.discogs.com/seller/Paragonazazel/profile That's his selling profile. He claims to have some of the rarest demo tapes known to man. I fell for it and bought one recently. I purchased the Dimmu Borgir ‎– Rehearsal August 1994 tape. Seen here: Rehearsal August 1994 As you can see, he's already claiming to have a second one for sale. That's what first tipped me off, as I had not received the package from him yet. Well, the tape gets to me, and the image on the cover is the same image that they tried to upload to discogs multiple times; the same image that was coincidentally removed for being the cover of a "cheap bootleg" and not the original demo. I confronted the seller about this and he remains adamant that he bought these tapes from some local distro and that they are legit. I'm calling bullshit. I've filed a claim with paypal and I will give him a negative feedback on discogs. I'm sure he's the one bootlegging these tapes. (OH, and he's from Greece too, forgot to mention that) Be aware of this scum bag. Don't fall for his bullshit.

irionman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:03 am 

BIIIIG FUCKING BUMP

So, ParagonAzazel is also known as Vinyl Terror and apanthropology. Well, I filed a dispute with paypal and paypal sided with me. His address is listed as:
P.O.box 80518,
Spyridon Oikonomides,
Piraeus Greece, 18510,
Greece

So, naturally, that's not an address. Or, if you try to send something there, it will get lost. Which will give him the ability to claim you never shipped it, allowing paypal to not pay you the money back you are owed. So I dug a bit more. (Mind you, I'm doing this from a hospital bed. I'm no hacker. I'm not even great with computers. I'm just fucking bored)

When I googled that address, a band profile popped up. The band matched some previously posted about information about this shit head. (Basically, there was a thread showing that he played in a band called Tragedy Begins) Well, since one of the band members had moved to Canada, and my tape came from Greece, I assumed the rip off was Alastor Sabaktes. So, googling that name only came up with a Soundcloud account. Which really isn't very helpful....but keep an eye on the profile picture he uses there.

I noticed on discogs that ParagonAzazel had recently reviewed and submitted information for the band Frostdemonstorm That confirmed the information, to me anyways, with what is presented here on MA.

Well, long story short. Here is his Facebook profile. Look at his pictures. You'll see the one from his soundcloud in there. He does have a Twitter but he isn't active on it anymore apparently.

So, ParagonAzazel aka VinylTerror, aka Apanthropology, is actually Spyros Economides from Piraeus, Greece. I hope someone knows him personally. He deserves a visit.

manes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:00 am 

This scumbag has been around for a few years. Of course many Greek metal heads, or assumed to be so, know him but they just keep their mouth shut, then all of a sudden they become lions when there is a bootlegger from some other Country. This is pathetic.

legendeternal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 am 

i know this guy,super RIP OFF im sure,i dealed with him over 2 years ago,just sent me all the bootlegs and the amount was less than i ordered,i let him refund me the money,but this guy refused and let me purchased more stuffs from him then he would sent me the missing stuffs,but i dont believed him,so i dont deal with him any more under any condition.i lost a big bunch of money,be aware!!!!

irionman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:03 pm 

I know this has been a while but I figured I'd update as to what happened here. I found out how he wins his paypal disputes. He doesn't ever go and pick up the package once it's been sent back. It'll sit there at his PO box until a specific time when it's returned. He's then able to tell paypal he never got it. Luckily, I had taken photos of the packaging process, of the post office lady stamping the package, and kept all related tracking numbers to prove him wrong. I won the case against him and he had to refund me the full price, plus I ended up getting the tape back in the mail as well.

manes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 am 

Nobody has left him a negative feedback for selling bootlegs so far. I guess they are all happy about their "new" very rare demos. This tells me how people are dumb.
He seels bootlegs for 200 euros and then you know about a Dutch dumbass who has just sold original Darkthrone and Ildjarn demos with handwriting from Fenriz and Vidar respectively for 45 euros. Go figure it out

Moonspell Rites Productions
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:14 pm 

Coming to bootlegs I have no complaints. Guess I am just one of those few lucky ones

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:07 pm 

Last edited by ~Guest 329938 on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:10 am 

https://www.discogs.com/seller/Giancarlo1978/profile

This person is a scammer who sells fake products. I was quite angry when I wrote my original post. If you think you can get an original Beherit or Gehenna for 7, though, you're too gullible to not be ripped off.

Last edited by hakarl on Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Language

~Guest 329938
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:05 pm 

Reply to topic