Nov 23 CH – Zürich, Dynamo
Nov 24 NL – Eindhoven, Distortion Festival
Nov 25 FR – Paris, Trabendo
Nov 26 UK – London, Forum
Nov 27 IR – Dublin, The Academy
Nov 28 UK – Manchester, Sound Control
Nov 29 DE – Essen, Turock
Nov 30 BE – Louvain-la-Neuve, Mass Deathtruction Festival

I wonder how they'll do the format for it this time around. The American tour back in the spring was the Human lineup and Cynic's 2nd guitarist doing only the first four albums, and the Neurotic Deathfest show was Gene Hoglan, Matt Harvey, and a rotating lineup doing songs from every album. The former seems like it'll be how this European tour will be done, if only for the sake of sanity.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Last edited by Subrick on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:24 pm 

Y'know, I really wouldn't mind if this came to North America.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:43 am 

It was back in April. They did a one week run throughout North America and Mexico.

Last edited by Subrick on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:10 am 

Commandaunt wrote:
Y'know, I really wouldn't mind if this came to North America.

I have bad news for you, my maple-syrup fiend. They were at Quebec and Ontario back in April.

I wish Obscura came here, Steffen Kummerer was supposed to fill in on the 2012 run but he couldn't make it.
Let's hope this run does good though :)

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:19 am 

I'll probably go if only for Obscura, but I'm very feeling very ambivalent about the whole Death to All stuff. Was the NA tour performances any good?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:35 am 

Yes. The only thing about the show that really distracted me at times was that Sean Reinert cannot go nearly as fast as he used to anymore. This was particularly noticeable on stuff like Flattening of Emotions, which is so much slower that it actually sucked a lot of the energy out of the song. It's not really his fault though; he's 42, he hasn't played death metal in ages, and tore his Achilles tendon last year, and you never really recover in full from something like that. Even then, it's still Sean Reinert, and he could live to be 100 and still be a great drummer.

Aside from that, the performance was great. All three Human guys played to the best of their abilities, and Max from Cynic took on the Chuck role with as much enthusiasm and will to succeed as you'd expect from someone who was clearly a huge Death fan in his formative years. They only played stuff from the first four albums, with every song from Human represented aside from See Through Dreams and Vacant Planets, and while there wasn't nearly as much material from SBG and Spiritual Healing as I would've liked, it wasn't anywhere near a set breaker. Two particular highlights were the extended bass solo in Cosmic Sea where Steve and Sean just went at it for about 10 minutes, and Baptized in Blood being on the set. That song they did with Gus Rios from Malevolent Creation. The support bands were very good too. Anciients won me over that night with their Opeth-meets-southern doom style, and Exhumed were Exhumed.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:49 am 

I suppose I'll have to give it a shot then. I'm hoping for a SBG heavy set, but that probably won't happen though!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:55 am 

Yeah, don't expect a heavily SBG set. I'd say expect something like the set at Neurotic Deathfest this year, where every album except SBG and Spiritual Healing got two or three songs.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:27 pm 

I changed the name of the thread from "Death to All Europe" to "Death: DTA Europe". The reason for this is that Eric Grief has announced that future tours will no longer be under the "Death to All" name, as well as why the Death logo is being used in promotional materials related to the tour. He cited even more fallout with Sick Drummer Magazine's owner as the reason why.

Quote:
Hello people. A minute to explain about the name 'DTA', since it has caused a lot of chatter...

As you know, 'Death To All' was a one-off, five US city tour organized by Sick Drummer Magazine in June 2012. It featured seven former DEATH members and had our blessing. The shows were killer but behind the scenes things went wrong: Sick Drummer mostly didn't pay anyone (the musicians, us, the booking agent, the opening bands, the crew, the charity), they cancelled 2 shows, and there were questions about refunds, etc. What a mess.

The bottom line was that DEATH fans loved it, we loved doing it, and so decided to carry on if it was possible. But UNBELIEVABLY in June 2013, despite the fact they owed everyone tens of thousands of dollars, Sick Drummer's Ian Macdonald wrote me a demand letter saying he wanted FIFTY GRAND for the name 'Death To All'. We had trademarked it but were so pissed off that he could sink so low that we all made the decision to cease using the term 'Death To All' - most people simply refer to what we're doing as 'DTA' anyway, so only refer to the tours now as 'DTA'. We continue to use the DEATH logo because it needs to be obvious to everyone that this is official and sanctioned by us.

I hope this clears things up. DEATH as a band ceased to exist in 2001 when Chucky died. DEATH now continues on as an important metal brand. DTA is another tool in keeping the legacy alive. Everyone that sees the DEATH logo knows that Chuck died years ago but that his music is timeless. DTA is one means of getting together to celebrate Chuck's creations,

Enjoy the metal flowage. ERIC

DreamOfDarkness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:31 pm 

What a dickhead from Sick Drummer...
Anyway, I hope things are going better this time for the crew and the band and that the shows will be as good as they were on the first tour. The tickets are selling fast, so to all of you who haven't bought one yet, be fast (a few days ago already half of the tickets were sold for the show in Essen).

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:01 am 

The thing about Ian and SDM doing the first Death to All tour was that they bit off WAY more than they could chew with it. They thought they could organize a tour of that magnitude with that many band members and crew guys and whatnot, make all these payments that were required, and break even. Their hearts were absolutely in the right place, and they aren't natural dicks at all (I should know firsthand as I used to write for SDM). They were just incredibly unprepared at what they were trying to do, and it's been biting them in the ass for over a year now because of that.

Reply to topic