Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DeathFog
Temporally-Displaced Fossil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm 

For me this show was a dream come true. Accept and their 1982 album Restless And Wild was among the first metal bands I got into back in the day. Back then I could barely imagine seeing them live in my home town. Some day the dreams do come true.

I initially had high hopes for this show and I was not disappointed in the slightest. Some people still complain about the lack of Udo Dirkschneider. He sure is a very charismatic frontman with a unique singing style, but Mark Tornillo is in no way worse. Of course he is not Udo V2, but why should he attempt being Udo ? He is Mark Tornillo and he is good at being himself both live and in the studio.

The performance was perfect. Top notch musicianship and great stage show. The band performed as a solid unit. The crowd was very enthusiastic and the band seemed to really enjoy what they were doing. The crowd was eager to hear their new material, which is not very usual in case of a band with such a big back catalogue. Wolf Hoffman and Peter Baltes stole the show for themselves. Wolf more so than Peter. Herman Frank prefer to stay in the background for the most part which seemed strange. Sometimes the performance was almost too perfect to the extent of seeming unrealistic : I had a feeling that every single move of the band members was following some scenario and that the whole performance was directed like in the theatre. Wolf Hoffman is so far the best guitar player I have witnessed live.

Some videos I shot are listed below.

Accept - Stalingrad [Live in Tallinn]
Accept - Shadow Soldiers [Live in Tallinn]
Accept - Pandemic [Live in Tallinn]
Accept - Fast As A Shark [Live in Tallinn]

Reply to topic