Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Chziime
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:57 pm 

This offshoot of Maryland Deathfest caught my eye in its first incarnation last year when it announced Warning as a performer.

Although I personally won't be able to make it, I'm intrigued by this year's first round of announcements: Blue Oyster Cult, Alcest, Rome, Anna von Hausswolff, Acid Witch, Earthride, and Satan's Satyrs.

My first thought is -- Rome?? One of the greatest neofolk acts, and probably my favorite non-metal band, that rarely tours outside of Europe? I hope they do at least an East Coast mini-tour.

Blue Oyster Cult is an interesting headliner choice, and it's great to see Anna von Hausswolff touring more after her addition to one of Swans' final NYC show in November.

conquer__all
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:08 pm 

Def going to this, but I’ll prob just do two days one venue instead of all access pass. Alcest are great live and I been wanting to checkout Acid Witch for a while now. BOC was s surprise, but I guess they can thank Ghost for making their sound relevant (or not) again.

Cianan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:09 pm 

I really need to see this. The first crop of bands also has me intrigued. I'd love to see Rome, BOC, Alcest and Acid Witch (I fucking love them). I'll definitely be stretching my vacation thin this year. I'm sure I'll purchase the all access pass just so I don't miss anything after a 5 hour drive.

Reply to topic