Tue/Apr-11 Toronto, ON Opera House
Wed/Apr-12 Montreal, QC Club Soda
Thu/Apr-13 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club
Fri/Apr-14 New York, NY Irving Plaza
Sat/Apr-15 Philadelphia, PA TLA

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:54 pm 

Gonna have to decide this one at some point. I like Kreator but I don't like Obituary and I don't know the other 2. I guess my decision will be based on how much I like the other 2 since I don't like going to shows for 1 band.

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:23 pm 

Indecency wrote:
Gonna have to decide this one at some point. I like Kreator but I don't like Obituary and I don't know the other 2. I guess my decision will be based on how much I like the other 2 since I don't like going to shows for 1 band.

Never listened to Horrendous, but if you like 80s speed metal and proto black metal, you oughta dig Midnight. Supposed to be a good live show too.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:05 pm 

I gave Horrendous a listen last night (unrelated to this tour) and I thought it was some damn good death metal. I'd give them a go!

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:26 pm 

Indecency wrote:

Midnight kicks ass, dude. Why don't you like Obituary? Too slow, or is it the vocals?

Haven't seen Midnight in 4 years, Obituary basically stole the show from Cannibal Corpse when I saw them together, and Horrendous is the shit. Pretty hyped for this entire fucking lineup, Kreator will only disappoint if half of their setlist is their new album.

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:59 pm 

TrueDynamite wrote:
I gave Horrendous a listen last night (unrelated to this tour) and I thought it was some damn good death metal. I'd give them a go!

Any recommended starting point with them?

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:04 am 

Turd Blaster wrote:
TrueDynamite wrote:

Any recommended starting point with them?

Just saw them live a few months back, most of their setlist was stuff from their second and third album. Check these out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Cn9xLUOjk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo44SGZtIRs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UpOPjrtLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fknkkyxJXOk

Second album is the best imo.

Turd Blaster
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:15 am 

Appreciate it :thumbsup:
I'll check these out tomorrow.

Eradicatedseraphim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:43 pm 

I'm not stoked about having to sit through a second rate band (Obituary) toget to see legends like Kreator, especially since I just saw them with Cannibal/Cryptopsy. But Horrendous and Midnight Are both great bands, at least.

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:30 am 

I pretty much only want to go to this tour to see Midnight, I have only really listened to them and Obituary (and I saw them with Cannibal Corpse and Cryptopsy last year). I've been meaning to check out Kreator for a while, as I know of their legendary status, but I had not heard of Horrendous until this tour was announced.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:15 pm 

TheMysticWombat wrote:
Indecency wrote:

Midnight kicks ass, dude. Why don't you like Obituary? Too slow, or is it the vocals?

Haven't seen Midnight in 4 years, Obituary basically stole the show from Cannibal Corpse when I saw them together, and Horrendous is the shit. Pretty hyped for this entire fucking lineup, Kreator will only disappoint if half of their setlist is their new album.

Echoing MysticWombat here. Nailed it on the head, this tour will kill.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:55 pm 

Trying to decide whether to go to this, mainly because so far I'm only planning to go to one show so far in the new year (Mayhem) and haven't noticed much else coming through that's interesting (at least that I'm aware of yet). Kreator I'd love to see live again, Horrendous I'm down for, but Obituary is kind of making me indecisive. I've never seen them live before, love their first three albums, but their mid-era/new stuff doesn't interest me. Anyone know if they still play material off the first three albums live? Also, are they a band worth seeing live/put on a good show even if you don't like the mid-era/new stuff?

Midnight I have a weird relationship with in that I actually like whatever I've heard from them but their imagery has always been a turn off for me. Might be interesting to see them live anyway. Maybe it'll finally twist me one way or the other when it comes to actually buying their stuff.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:55 pm 

Did you not read the responses above you? Obituary fucking killed live this year. Outdid Cannibal Corpse by a mile.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:05 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Did you not read the responses above you? Obituary fucking killed live this year. Outdid Cannibal Corpse by a mile.

I did, indeed. There was only one post I saw talking about Obituary and CC, but I don't think it mentioned whether Obituary still play a fair amount of stuff off the first three albums or not. Some bands end up totally neglecting old stuff live while others don't, just wondering the case with Obituary.

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:45 pm 

Norrmania wrote:
Erosion of Humanity wrote:

I did, indeed. There was only one post I saw talking about Obituary and CC, but I don't think it mentioned whether Obituary still play a fair amount of stuff off the first three albums or not. Some bands end up totally neglecting old stuff live while others don't, just wondering the case with Obituary.

Set list.fm is your friend:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/obituary-bd6fd46.html

(You can also go to the artist's page and see overall statistics.)

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:28 pm 

TheMysticWombat wrote:
Indecency wrote:

Mostly too slow, and their music feels like it has no "purpose". I typically like my death metal nice and brutal, but can like slower stuff in some cases. But I still prefer it to sound 'something', whether it's melodic, evil, crushing, or just something. Obituary to me sounds like some guys hitting random chromatic chords on a guitar. I saw them live once a few years ago and wasn't too impressed, so I have definitely given them a try.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:42 pm 

Exact same for me. I've seen Obit live a few times and I don't understand their appeal at all. They're the definition of uninteresting caveman metal. This tour sounds amazing, but I also can't imagine Midnight puts on the same intense show in larger theaters that they do in small clubs.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:07 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Exact same for me. I've seen Obit live a few times and I don't understand their appeal at all. They're the definition of uninteresting caveman metal. This tour sounds amazing, but I also can't imagine Midnight puts on the same intense show in larger theaters that they do in small clubs.

I was wondering the same thing. When I saw that BOTH Texas dates will be at House of Blues, my first thought was: "Will they allow fire?" :lol:

burnroasted
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:17 pm 

Ill be at the very last show in philly for sure

Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:32 pm 

I had the pleasure of going to the Houston date and it was a great time. I'm stoked that I finally got to see Midnight! Hopefully they'll do a headlining tour soon though because they didn't get to play nearly as long as they should have.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:39 am 

Went to the Santa Ana date: incredible show, terrible fucking choice of a venue. The pit area was too small for this kind of show, shit was packed and people were suffocating, people were diving into the pit area from the higher grounds, security was still allowing people to TRY to squeeze in, it was fucking ridiculous. It's a beautiful venue for non-metal shows where everyone can get a great view but holy fuck they need to stop picking The Observatory for this tour.

Apart from that the merch line for Kreator was huge, and Midnight ran out of backpatches at the Florida stop. Never had a chance :(

SkullFracturingNightmare
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:16 pm 

Yeah, I actually didn't end up going to the AZ date but from what I saw on Facebook from friends who did go, the venue was packed as shit. Kreator draws way too big a crowd out here for that kind of venue. We've got bigger places that aren't arenas/sit-down venues that could've accommodated that many people a lot better than Club Red.

Reply to topic