Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GanoesParan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:32 am 

Defeated Sanity just announced that they are cancelling their US tour that kicks off in about a week. Really disappointed, I was getting excited to see them.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:29 pm 

Evil Invaders recently got detained at the airport upon EXITING, and Taake have canceled a few more shows, including 2 in California. Bummer.

Also worth mentioning that Morbid Angel isn't performing anything from the first 4 albums.
SOURCE: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/morbid ... ve-tucker/

Quote:
"The setlist will be different, too — in the past, we've covered all of MORBID ANGEL's discography, but this time we went with the discography between Trey [Azagthoth, guitar] and I. I'm really excited about the fact that every song we play is a song I was a part of. There are some MORBID ANGEL classics that aren't there, but we made our own classics."

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:08 pm 

Exhumed was denied entry into Canada for the Modified Ghost Festival, doesn't look like the rest of the fest is cancelled though:

Quote:
Exhumed have been denied entry into Canada for unspecified reasons and will thus miss their planned appearance at the ‘Modified Ghost Festival‘ in Vancouver, BC. The band commented:

“Canadian friends at Modified Ghost Festival: we regret to inform you that we have been denied entry into your otherwise very nice country and will not be able to play tonight. You can thank your ever vigilant and enthusiastic border guards for that. We are very sorry to not be able to play for you tonight and at this point we sincerely doubt we will attempt to return to Canada anytime in the near future. Enjoy the rest of the festival and please accept our apologies as we would like nothing more to play some Gore Fucking Metal for you.”

http://www.theprp.com/2017/05/25/news/e ... ry-canada/

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:38 pm 

Not only did Taake cancel all of their US dates, as a result Gost dropped off and Helheim is only playing a few scattered shows. I've always wanted to see Helheim and I just got word they are skipping tonight's show since there was no support. What a shitty way to spend your first ever US tour, 25 years in the making.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:44 pm 

narsilianshard wrote:
Not only did Taake cancel all of their US dates, as a result Gost dropped off and Helheim is only playing a few scattered shows. I've always wanted to see Helheim and I just got word they are skipping tonight's show since there was no support. What a shitty way to spend your first ever US tour, 25 years in the making.

That's a shame :( The Canadian dates are confirmed, I guess I should go see 'em.

Edit: got my ticket.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

MyrVarg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:58 pm 

GanoesParan wrote:
Defeated Sanity just announced that they are cancelling their US tour that kicks off in about a week. Really disappointed, I was getting excited to see them.

You should've seen them when they came to Minnesota last year. Caught them at 7th Street Entry, it was a solid show. Not sure if it's worth driving all the way here from Milwaukee, depends how much you enjoy Defeated Sanity.

Also would like to bring up The Faceless cancelling. I made a thread about this in the Metal Discussion board but still worth mentioning here.

The Faceless are the kings of cancelled gigs lol

DxMxGxD
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:22 am 

bolt thrower 2015 australia tour....due to well, everyone knows why. never seen them live still not over it. feel me, dawg?

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:31 pm 

It appears as though Sound on Sound Fest has been cancelled for this year.

Quote:
We are extremely saddened to announce today that Sound On Sound Fest 2017 is being cancelled. This is one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make. Due to several recent roadblocks outside of our control and in an effort to do right by our fans, the decision to cancel the event was our only real option.

All ticket holders will be 100% refunded for the costs of their tickets. That refund process has already been initiated through our ticketing partner, Eventbrite, for all attendees who purchased ticket(s) through their site. There is no action necessary on your end and you can expect to see the refund on your credit/debit card statement within the next 5-7 business days.

If you bought a physical ticket, please email [email protected] to process your refund.

If you have questions about this entire process, please contact us at [email protected]. We are dedicated to answering any questions and concerns that you might have.

We are currently in the process of rescheduling the majority of the artists who were set to play Sound On Sound Fest at other venues in the area, and will be announcing the shows and individual show tickets available for purchase very shortly. There are many acts who were touring through November 10-12 who are still performing as well as a number of artists who will be flying back in for new dates this year.

For all these rescheduled shows, fans who purchased Sound On Sound tickets will get the first chance to purchase single tickets to any makeup shows this fall. Fans will be emailed a link with details in advance of the public onsale with a limited time to purchase before tickets open to the general public.

We will announce the schedule for shows on Monday, October 16. The private presale exclusively for all Sound On Sound Fest ticket holders will start on Monday, October 16 and run until Thursday, October 19 at 8 a.m., when the public onsale begins.

We truly love our fans. We appreciate you sticking by us while we work hard to make this right. Be on the lookout for new show announcements from Sound On Sound Fest artists and ticket links for these replacement shows.

Sincerely,

Sound On Sound Fest

http://www.theprp.com/2017/10/06/news/2 ... cancelled/

SpiritOfTheForest
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 am 

Destroyer 666 have cancelled their remaining tour dates with Enthroned and Belphegor. That's an absolute pisser because they were 95% of my reason for going. I've seen them before at least but they're always phenomenal to see live. On the bright side, I hadn't got a ticket yet and I've now found someone giving there's away for free so I can now see Enthroned without forking out close to 25 quid! Not bad as far as silver linings go.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2