5/16 — Tempe, Ariz. – Marquee Theater
5/18 – Denver, Colo. – Ogden Theater
5/20 – Austin, Texas – Emos
5/21 – Birmingham, Ala. – Iron City Live
5/22 – New Orleans, La. – New Orleans Civic Theatre
5/23 – Orlando, Fla. – House of Blues
Quote:
KAMELOT NORTH AMERICAN TOUR 2015

We are pleased to announce we are returning to North America in 2015, in support of the new Kamelot album due for release Spring 2015. The band is busy in the studio now and cannot wait to return to the USA and Canada for their biggest North American stage setup ever!

Special guests on this tour will be Dragonforce from the UK. Guitarist Herman Li on the tour:
“It’s always a problem where to start a World Tour and as we started the last touring cycle in North America we started this one in the UK, but there was another factor, we wanted to go out touring in North America with a superb band, so when the call came from Kamelot for us to join them on their tour we didn’t hesitate! This will be a fantastic tour and a fantastic evening for the fans…… see you all there!!!”

Kamelot founder and guitarist Thomas Youngblood (Official) adds:
“At a recent NAMM Convention, I ran into Sam and Herman from DragonForce and we joked a bit about touring together. So when the idea came up again we thought it would be a great package for the fans. They are power metal and we have power metal with Symphonic elements. Different enough but also some cross over musical elements. I expect it to be a fun tour for all!!”

Presales are available now at:
http://www.enterthevault.com/artist.php?id=47

Limited VIP Tickets will be offered for all shows. VIP Packages Include:

Ticket to the show
An exclusive Meet & Greet with all the band members
Have your picture taken with the band
Early entrance to the venue
A personally signed poster
An original VIP-pass

See you in April/May 2015!!!

Taken straight off their Facebook. This was announced a few days ago but it doesn't look like anyone has posted about it. I for one am thrilled to see another Kamelot headlining tour. I missed the one last year for whatever reason. Must say that I thought Dragonforce was a bit of a surprise, since Kamelot has been touring with symphonic acts like Delain and Nightwish for the past few years.

Last edited by Mysticaloldbard on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:28 am 

I definitely want to go to this, but it's so far ahead (8 months) that I won't be worrying about it for a while. DragonForce is cheesy fun and I'd love to see them live for once. Kamelot isn't my favorite band but I do enjoy them. My problem with this show is it's at the shittiest venue in our city that tends to absolutely ass pack itself with people to the point where the overcrowding is unenjoyable, and these 2 bands are pretty popular.

I'm curious if they're going to take along a 3rd.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:02 pm 

Kamelot :drool: I'm going. I love them, so I'll buck up and go even though it's on a Wednesday and at a venue that can't seem to ever get the sound right. Ever.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:28 pm 

Not a huge dragonforce fan, but Kamelot is one of my favorite bands so I am totally going to this.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:17 pm 

Bought my ticket for this yesterday. I've done a lot of Kamelot listening in the past month or so and now I know more than just 2 of their songs (previously Wings of Despair and Ghost Opera).

I'm curious how the lineup will be for this though. Are there opening acts? It doesn't seem like it, so does that mean DragonForce will be playing an hour long set? I have no idea. I would love if that were the case.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:24 pm 

I'd guess Dragonforce will play 45 min and Kamelot will play an hour and 15 min. It'd be nice if it were an hour and a half though!

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:07 am 

Mysticaloldbard wrote:
I'd guess Dragonforce will play 45 min and Kamelot will play an hour and 15 min. It'd be nice if it were an hour and a half though!

That was my original guess but I think that would be kinda weird and incredibly short if that was the entire show. When Dark Tranquillity and Insomnium were touring, they did 45/75 but at least with my city, they brought 1 local. It was still a relatively short show but it wasn't too bad. Cutting that local for only 2 bands just seems weird... Like, I'd get there say at 7:30pm for DragonForce and the show is already over by 10:00pm?

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:35 pm 

Does anyone know which female singers are touring with them? (If any)

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:22 pm 

I saw a Facebook post of Alissa White-Gluz with them in Mexico, but I'm not sure if she's doing the whole NA tour. They'll more than likely have a couple extra singers with them.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:07 pm 

Yeah, what's the deal with that? I've never seen them live before. Do they usually grab a couple female singers and bring them on tour? The archives are showing me a small list that leads me to believe that (as well as 1 live video). Do they actually do a lot of singing or are they just on stage for a few lines here and there?

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:03 pm 

I'm trying to remember... When I saw them supporting Nightwish a few years ago, I think they had a couple chorus/backup singers on stage most of the show. The singer from Amaranthe was one of them. Alissa White-Gluz did two songs with them, Sacrimony and March of Mephisto. Then they had a bunch of singers come on in robes for the latter song. Most of the singers are just there for a couple songs while one or two will be on stage most of the show, if I remember correctly. Could check some YouTube footage. But in the tour announcement they said they'll have "their biggest North American stage setup ever," so maybe there will be quite a few singers.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:54 pm 

Seems like Linnéa Vikström is the touring female vocalist. It's too bad, I would have preferred any of the other 3 main ones (Simone, Allisa, or Elize).

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:44 am 

K, so I just came back from it. It was definitely an awesome show, short as it was.

DragonForce first. I know a lot of words to all of their played songs, so obviously I was digging it. A lot of stage presence from all the members. The guitarists had a bit of back and forth comedy going where when alternating the solos, the guy not playing the solo would sorta mock the other guy. Some laughs were definitely had. The set was really good too, even though they played Cry Thunder (I don't know who even likes that song). I'd definitely see these guys again.

Kamelot was next. I'll get to the good right away, but I gotta say something first. They said this would be their biggest North American setup ever, right? It wasn't big at all... Aside from a high rack to hang cymbals for the drummer and the presence of a female vocalist, it was a pretty typical 5 man shows (I guess all the lights count too). Based on what I've seen in videos, I think the key word here is "North American" and that Europe as a standard gets much bigger. Having said that, their show was awesome too. Good stage presence again, and lots of crowd involvement (clapping, fist pumping, etc). Tommy is a phenomenal vocalist and you can really tell how good he is when he sings live. He can hold a note very well (though he did use reverb during the one time when there no instruments backing him), he can change notes almost as if he's using autotune, and his volume control is excellent. For Vikstrom... What can I say. I don't like her vocals as much as the studio singers, but maaaan is she a babe. Seeing the shaved side of the head thing she had in pictures and just pictures in general, I was expecting some older woman. But she is definitely a beauty. But enough ogling her. Show was great and I'd see them again. If their second North America tour came by me, I would have gone.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:07 am 

How many songs did DragonForce play? I'm not really big into Kamelot, but I like DragonForce and I'm thinking about going.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:12 am 

Indecency wrote:
Seems like Linnéa Vikström is the touring female vocalist. It's too bad, I would have preferred any of the other 3 main ones (Simone, Allisa, or Elize).

Amaranthe is touring, so Elize can't do that.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:21 pm 

TrueDynamite wrote:
How many songs did DragonForce play? I'm not really big into Kamelot, but I like DragonForce and I'm thinking about going.

They played 9 songs. My bad, I usually post the setlists here when I do my mini tour reviews.

DragonForce: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dragonfor ... 80017.html
Kamelot: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kamelot/2 ... 80010.html

Also, check out the songs 'Centre of the Universe', 'Karma', and 'Forever' by Kamelot. They're all mid-era Kamelot songs, they're all played live, and they're all upper-midpaced melodic songs. If any of the live songs Kamelot played would appeal to a DragonForce fan, it would be those. I was also mainly going for DragonForce but I listened to a lot of Kamelot after the show was announced and was pleasantly surprised with them. They're definitely a grower band.

TrueDynamite wrote:
Indecency wrote:

Amaranthe is touring, so Elize can't do that.

Yeah I know. They're actually coming through my city too but I decided to skip them since I'm not the biggest fan of the band to begin with and because the openers aren't great.

TrueDynamite
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:51 pm 

Thanks! I thought DragonForce would only play 6ish songs, so that's great. I saw Amaranthe last year and they're a better live band. If you haven't seen them before, it's worth checking out.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:36 am 

Can't believe Dragonforce actually plays Ring of Fire live. :ugh:

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:21 pm 

Lol. I'll tell you what though, it's definitely a catchy cover. I fell like if you let go of the fact that's it's a cover, on its own, it's still a decent typical ultra fast ultra melodic DragonForce song.

Reply to topic