Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:59 am
Posts: 756
Location: In the Cold Winds of Nowhere
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:15 pm 
 

https://www.theprp.com/2018/07/16/news/ ... ican-tour/

Nergal wrote:
I hereby announce Behemoth‘s triumphant return to the North American shores this fall. We will be in the noble company of At The Gates and Wolves In The Throne Room, who will be supporting us on our 11th opus.

Even though it’s only been a few moments since we played for you, our American legions, we cannot wait for this tour to start! It’s gonna be the first headlining run supporting new music and we are bringing all the artillery, which means the biggest production thus far! ‘Ecclesia Diabolica America 2018 e.v.‘ arrives soon and we want you to celebrate this sonic pandemonium with us!


Dates:

10/20 Phoenix, AZ – Van Buren
10/22 Dallas, TX – House Of Blues
10/23 San Antonio, TX – The Aztec Theatre
10/24 Houston, TX – House Of Blues
10/26 Atlanta, GA – Masquerade
10/27 Tampa, FL – Jannus Live
10/29 Charlotte, NC – The Underground
10/30 Philadelphia, PA – The Fillmore
11/01 Boston, MA – House Of Blues
11/02 Silver Spring, MD – The Fillmore
11/03 New York, NY – PlayStation Theater
11/04 Montreal, QC – M Telus
11/06 Toronto, ON – The Danforth
11/07 Detroit, MI – St. Andrews Hall
11/09 Chicago, IL – House Of Blues
11/10 Minneapolis, MN – Cabooze
11/11 Kansas City, MO – The Truman
11/13 Denver, CO – The Ogden Theatre
11/14 Salt Lake City, UT – The Depot
11/16 Calgary, AB – MacEwan Ballroom
11/18 Edmonton, AB – Union Hall
11/19 Vancouver, BC – The Commodore Ballroom
11/20 Seattle, WA – Showbox Market
11/21 Portland, OR – Crystal Ballroom
11/23 San Francisco, CA – The Regency Ballroom
11/24 Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern Theatre
_________________
Aphotic Contrivance - Progressive Black/Death Metal

DecemberSoul wrote:
Also, don't forget to piss into your amp, douse your albums in gasoline and ram an axe through your speakers for maximum effect.

Top
 Profile  
Indecency
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 pm
Posts: 1109
Location: Edmonton, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:01 pm 
 

Behemoth is great but I'm really excited to see At the Gates. I don't know if they've ever even come to Edmonton before. SotS is one of the first metal albums I got into so their set should have a good amount of nostalgia.

Top
 Profile  
conquer__all
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:49 pm
Posts: 503
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:56 am 
 

Just saw them open for Slayer so I’ll pass. Never was an At the Gates fan. WITTR are probably the most boring talentless band of hipsters I’ve ever seen. Why this band gets on high profile tours is beyond me???
_________________
CHAOS REIGNS!!!

Top
 Profile  
xxld1k
The Sweetest Summer Child EVER!

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:21 am
Posts: 79
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:39 pm 
 

conquer__all wrote:
Just saw them open for Slayer so I’ll pass. Never was an At the Gates fan. WITTR are probably the most boring talentless band of hipsters I’ve ever seen. Why this band gets on high profile tours is beyond me???


They are very dedicated posers if they've been doing it since 2002. I am not necessarily a fan but I don't get the criticism of WITTR due to them being "posers".
_________________
Catching up on the classic's that I missed out on because my parents didn't want to ruin their lives sooner.

Top
 Profile  
Indecency
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:15 pm
Posts: 1109
Location: Edmonton, Canada
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 am 
 

conquer__all wrote:
Just saw them open for Slayer so I’ll pass. Never was an At the Gates fan. WITTR are probably the most boring talentless band of hipsters I’ve ever seen. Why this band gets on high profile tours is beyond me???


Behemoth's set was only what, 5 songs on that set? Not the best for them. They also played a new, unreleased song that no one knows.

Top
 Profile  
conquer__all
Metalhead

Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:49 pm
Posts: 503
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:09 pm 
 

My prob with WITTR when I seen them on the Enslaved tour is the drummer had a very indie-rock drum style that didn’t do their music any justice, the synth was out of time and they had two guitar players and no bassist so there was no bottom end everything just cascaded into Reverb decay. The drummer was really struggling with the blast beats. Not my cup of tea. Their albums do nothing for me either.
_________________
CHAOS REIGNS!!!

Top
 Profile  
Xenophon
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:07 am
Posts: 828
Location: United States
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:42 pm 
 

conquer__all wrote:
My prob with WITTR when I seen them on the Enslaved tour is the drummer had a very indie-rock drum style that didn’t do their music any justice, the synth was out of time and they had two guitar players and no bassist so there was no bottom end everything just cascaded into Reverb decay. The drummer was really struggling with the blast beats. Not my cup of tea. Their albums do nothing for me either.

So was there someone else besides Aaron on drums for that specific show or something? Also, I they actually have 3 live guitar players most of the time. Personally, I think that setup works really well. The two times I've seen them they've had the best and clearest live sound of practically any black metal band I've ever seen.

I haven't really listened to Behemoth, but AtG and WITTR on the same freakin' tour make this mandatory for me.

EDIT: Oh wow, I didn't even realize but some guy Trevor Deschryver plays live drums for WITTR. I guess their live drummer kinda resembles the pic of Aaron on the Metal-Archives, but looking at this Trevor guy it was definitely him. Anyway, I thought he did a fantastic job both times I saw them.

Top
 Profile  
SkankFistOGwet
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:14 am
Posts: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:21 am 
 

Like usual, 3 Texas dates, and no Oklahoma dates.

Top
 Profile  
praey
Metalhead

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:33 am
Posts: 587
Location: United States
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:00 am 
 

Xenophon wrote:
EDIT: Oh wow, I didn't even realize but some guy Trevor Deschryver plays live drums for WITTR. I guess their live drummer kinda resembles the pic of Aaron on the Metal-Archives, but looking at this Trevor guy it was definitely him. Anyway, I thought he did a fantastic job both times I saw them.

Apparently Trevor was also Deafheaven's drummer on Roads to Judah. Go figure. And yeah, also agree with the drumming being fantastic when I saw them about two years ago. Their live sound in general is something to behold.

Top
 Profile  
Cianan
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 10:40 am
Posts: 391
Location: Foothills of the Adirondacks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm 
 

I'll be heading down to Philly for this one. I also saw WIITR on the Enslaved tour and I really enjoyed their sound (saw them in Boston). Agreed on the Behemoth set for Slayer, can't wait to see them headline. I saw At the Gates at the Decibel Metal & Beer Fest in Philly and thought they put on one hell of a show. This show is going to be a blast!
_________________
FasterDisaster wrote:
If you go for anything, go for the tasty pussy.

Top
 Profile  
BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:59 am
Posts: 756
Location: In the Cold Winds of Nowhere
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:13 pm 
 

Xenophon wrote:
conquer__all wrote:
My prob with WITTR when I seen them on the Enslaved tour is the drummer had a very indie-rock drum style that didn’t do their music any justice, the synth was out of time and they had two guitar players and no bassist so there was no bottom end everything just cascaded into Reverb decay. The drummer was really struggling with the blast beats. Not my cup of tea. Their albums do nothing for me either.

So was there someone else besides Aaron on drums for that specific show or something? Also, I they actually have 3 live guitar players most of the time. Personally, I think that setup works really well. The two times I've seen them they've had the best and clearest live sound of practically any black metal band I've ever seen.

I haven't really listened to Behemoth, but AtG and WITTR on the same freakin' tour make this mandatory for me.

EDIT: Oh wow, I didn't even realize but some guy Trevor Deschryver plays live drums for WITTR. I guess their live drummer kinda resembles the pic of Aaron on the Metal-Archives, but looking at this Trevor guy it was definitely him. Anyway, I thought he did a fantastic job both times I saw them.


Not sure who was drumming for them back when I saw them in 2016 but it was pretty on point at that time. As far as them not having a bassist, I guess I never noticed? Their albums are so atmospheric as far as the guitars and synth are concerned that I never noticed / felt like it was lacking anything. I do recall them having three guitarists live which I feel made up for it.

Either way, this is a killer lineup. I'm planning on going to see this, the Wintersun tour and Ozzy's final tour this fall. This one might end up being the best one though.
_________________
Aphotic Contrivance - Progressive Black/Death Metal

DecemberSoul wrote:
Also, don't forget to piss into your amp, douse your albums in gasoline and ram an axe through your speakers for maximum effect.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group