Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
HouseSpiders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 am 

I used to work on that queue all the time. I double-check almost all of them, yes, but some need more attention than others.

Quote:
and even supervise/give advice - @HouseSpiders: that's not really mini-modding

And where exactly did I say it was? We verify that the report has been handled correctly, close and generally get the final say... I do it sometimes too. What I meant by mini-modding is sending notifications to users in place of moderator warnings... I think I saw something like that once but I don't remember it well. I can't really think of any other ways to mini-mod the queue.

tahu157
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:05 pm 

Antioch wrote:
If the report seems a little problematic or open for interpretation, I'll double check what they've done.

Is there any type of situation that I consistently handle wrong? What should I change about my approach?

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:12 pm 

HouseSpiders wrote:
And where exactly did I say it was? We verify that the report has been handled correctly, close and generally get the final say... I do it sometimes too. What I meant by mini-modding is sending notifications to users in place of moderator warnings...

That's my point. I tag the user who handled the report telling him how it should've been handled, or refer him to a forum thread where he can find some answers. Explaining things can be time-consuming but definitely useful, as opposed to having to deal with the same mistakes over and over again.

@tahu: That's not what I meant. I said I'd double check, but wouldn't necessarily handle things differently.

tahu157
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:20 pm 

Antioch wrote:
@tahu: That's not what I meant. I said I'd double check, but wouldn't necessarily handle things differently.

I wasn't getting defensive there, sorry if it appeared that way. I'm just genuinely curious if there's anything in particular I haven't handled very well.

HouseSpiders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:13 pm 

Antioch wrote:
That's my point. I tag the user who handled the report telling him how it should've been handled, or refer him to a forum thread where he can find some answers. Explaining things can be time-consuming but definitely useful, as opposed to having to deal with the same mistakes over and over again.

Well as it's up to us to close the report and verify that the resolver has done their job properly, I wouldn't say it's mini-modding either (although who are we to define it)... I think you even sent one of those tags to me once.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11