Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EpicDismemberment
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:24 am
Posts: 252
Location: ประเทศไทย
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 pm 
 

Alright, thank you.
_________________
Apologise in advance if my language somehow makes you feel unpleasant. I always try my best to exchange with you guys politely, formally and respectfully, but I don't know all the English words.

Top
 Profile  
Dembo
Dumbo

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:58 am
Posts: 1196
Location: Crippling Velocity
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:12 pm 
 

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/G ... ute/511709
Track 5 is originally by Hoola Bandoola Band, then it was covered by Imperiet. Now it says "Imperiet cover", probably because that's the version Grimlair covered, with or without knowledge about the original band. Should that remain and the original band be mentioned in the additional notes, or should the band in parentheses be changed?

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 379
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:49 am 
 

I'm currently in contact with the band leader of Act of Creation.
He told me that Jordan Flagg/J.F. is the band's mascot/imaginary member. However, J.F. gets impersonated by one of the other members on the studio albums (see debut album; haven't gotten info on the others yet).
They don't want the actual member to become public. I added a note to the band and artist page, is it okay to leave him as a "dummy entry" since there is someone doing the actual vocals under that alias?

Here's also an interview where the band states that exact same thing:
http://www.metalunderground.at/intervie ... -interview
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 9671
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:57 am 
 

Dembo wrote:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Grimlair/Tribute/511709
Track 5 is originally by Hoola Bandoola Band, then it was covered by Imperiet. Now it says "Imperiet cover", probably because that's the version Grimlair covered, with or without knowledge about the original band. Should that remain and the original band be mentioned in the additional notes, or should the band in parentheses be changed?

Yeah, mention the ur-version in the notes.

PaganiusI wrote:
I'm currently in contact with the band leader of Act of Creation.
He told me that Jordan Flagg/J.F. is the band's mascot/imaginary member. However, J.F. gets impersonated by one of the other members on the studio albums (see debut album; haven't gotten info on the others yet).
They don't want the actual member to become public. I added a note to the band and artist page, is it okay to leave him as a "dummy entry" since there is someone doing the actual vocals under that alias?

Here's also an interview where the band states that exact same thing:
http://www.metalunderground.at/intervie ... -interview

I would delete the dummy entry and keep it to the note.
_________________
Da Däéfö schlåft nèd. || Last.fm | Discogs | Goodreads | BOINC
Quote:
Napero: Two tons of wood, 90 meters... I'd give him 13 minutes
Derigin: Works for me. I'll be right on over

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Metal newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 379
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:05 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
I would delete the dummy entry and keep it to the note.

Changed :)
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Witcher
Metal freak

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:27 am
Posts: 6152
Location: Czech Republic
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:43 pm 
 

I have noticed, that even when Matenrou Opera finally got accepted, they are still listed in the rules as an example of an unacceptable visual kei band. If a change should be made, I would personally propose replacing them with The gazette, since tthey can serve as an perfecct example of a nu-metal based visual kei band. https://www.metal-archives.com/content/rule
NMany users also constantly ask about this band on the "rejected bands" thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnhwQf1Y0PU
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsInI ... foAZX7nVdQ

Top
 Profile  
Antioch
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1218
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:04 am 
 

Users, old and new, keep adding streaming-only releases. Even those who stopped adding YouTube releases ages ago are still adding releases put under "Albums" on Bandzone regardless of the fact that they're not available for download. Could we have a post on the main page concerning Bandzone releases, please? It doesn't have to be long and elaborate. That'd be most appreciated. Thank you.
_________________
❝I ᴡɪʟʟ sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴀ ʜᴀɴᴅғᴜʟ ᴏғ ᴅᴜsᴛ.❞
Iᴛᴇᴍs ғᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴏʀ sᴀʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴄᴀsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛᴇᴅ.

Top
 Profile  
cranialcrusherabc
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 112
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 pm 
 

How to proceed when a band change the tracklist of an album on bandcamp and the album is already added to the discog here with the old tracklist?
_________________
All nazi shit, fuck off and die!

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 9671
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:42 am 
 

Antioch wrote:
Users, old and new, keep adding streaming-only releases. Even those who stopped adding YouTube releases ages ago are still adding releases put under "Albums" on Bandzone regardless of the fact that they're not available for download. Could we have a post on the main page concerning Bandzone releases, please? It doesn't have to be long and elaborate. That'd be most appreciated. Thank you.

There's an upcoming policy change for digital bands in general, I can include that with the announcement then.

cranialcrusherabc wrote:
How to proceed when a band change the tracklist of an album on bandcamp and the album is already added to the discog here with the old tracklist?

Depends. If there's been some time between the original and the change, keep it and mention the subsequent alteration in the additional notes. If it's more like a quick "correction" on the band's part like a day or two after they uploaded it, do the opposite.

@Witcher: I'll let the owners know.
_________________
Da Däéfö schlåft nèd. || Last.fm | Discogs | Goodreads | BOINC
Quote:
Napero: Two tons of wood, 90 meters... I'd give him 13 minutes
Derigin: Works for me. I'll be right on over

Top
 Profile  
cranialcrusherabc
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 112
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 am 
 

Azmodes wrote:
Depends. If there's been some time between the original and the change, keep it and mention the subsequent alteration in the additional notes. If it's more like a quick "correction" on the band's part like a day or two after they uploaded it, do the opposite.


Ok, thanks.

EDIT:

Referring to the split of Kurgan / Regressor, the tracklists are different for each band's bandcamp, i.e., Regressor's bandcamp has one tracklist and Kurgan's bandcamp has another one and I can't change the tracklists independently. How to proceed in this case?

Bandcamp: Regressor
Bandcamp: Kurgan
_________________
All nazi shit, fuck off and die!

Top
 Profile  
HouseSpiders
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 511
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:52 pm 
 

How would you suggest listing the vocalists for Visions of Atlantis? Neither the male nor female vocalist is the main frontperson, they share 50% of the vocals. At the moment, the line-up looks awful, misleading and is also full of inconsistencies... in some albums the female vocalists have the tag, while in others they don't... all male vocalists have the simple role "Vocals"... it's a mess! I was just about to remove "female" from every single album line-up, but then realized I should probably ask here first.

In this particular case, I wouldn't oppose to adding "Vocals (male)" - the band has had many vocalist changes and it would be easy to navigate this way. We could also just use "Vocals" for both genders... these are our two choices. Listing "vocals" for the males and "vocals (female)" for some but not all females just looks pathetic. What do you think is best?
_________________
vacca wrote:
"Pointwhoring is no fun. Pointwhoring endangers the life and happiness of millions. It must stop. We appeal in particular to the youth of today, stop the madness. There are better things in life."

Top
 Profile  
Antioch
Metalhead

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:08 am
Posts: 1218
Location: Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:50 pm 
 

Azmodes wrote:
There's an upcoming policy change for digital bands in general, I can include that with the announcement then.


Danke sehr!
_________________
❝I ᴡɪʟʟ sʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴀ ʜᴀɴᴅғᴜʟ ᴏғ ᴅᴜsᴛ.❞
Iᴛᴇᴍs ғᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴏʀ sᴀʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴄᴀsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛᴇᴅ.

Top
 Profile  
0th
Metal newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 pm
Posts: 118
Location: China
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:52 pm 
 

If a track is instrumental, we've toggled "Instrumental?" on; what about the song title: "Title" or "Title (instrumental)"?
Like here: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/H ... ory/733320

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 9671
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:48 am 
 

Antioch wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
There's an upcoming policy change for digital bands in general, I can include that with the announcement then.


Danke sehr!

Sure. Not quite the announcement to include it with I had in mind, but whatever works.

0th wrote:
If a track is instrumental, we've toggled "Instrumental?" on; what about the song title: "Title" or "Title (instrumental)"?
Like here: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/H ... ory/733320

Unless it's an explicit part of the title, don't.
_________________
Da Däéfö schlåft nèd. || Last.fm | Discogs | Goodreads | BOINC
Quote:
Napero: Two tons of wood, 90 meters... I'd give him 13 minutes
Derigin: Works for me. I'll be right on over

Top
 Profile  
cranialcrusherabc
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 11:39 pm
Posts: 112
Location: Brazil
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:22 pm 
 

Hey, just quoting this so it doesn't get lost.

cranialcrusherabc wrote:
Referring to the split of Kurgan / Regressor, the tracklists are different for each band's bandcamp, i.e., Regressor's bandcamp has one tracklist and Kurgan's bandcamp has another one and I can't change the tracklists independently. How to proceed in this case?

Bandcamp: Regressor
Bandcamp: Kurgan
_________________
All nazi shit, fuck off and die!

Top
 Profile  
Dembo
Dumbo

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:58 am
Posts: 1196
Location: Crippling Velocity
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:48 am 
 

The strangest thing happened, I found a release with no songs. Never seen that before. At first I thought the browser might be messed up in loading the information, but even when clicking on the edit button, there were no songs. And according to the modification history, it had been that way since its addition in January 2017. Anyway, I added the tracks.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/T ... ght/625955

Top
 Profile  
Storm of the Light's Bane
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:16 pm
Posts: 549
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:25 am 
 

Dembo wrote:
The strangest thing happened, I found a release with no songs. Never seen that before. At first I thought the browser might be messed up in loading the information, but even when clicking on the edit button, there were no songs. And according to the modification history, it had been that way since its addition in January 2017. Anyway, I added the tracks.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/T ... ght/625955

That occasionally happens when changing which version is the parent.
_________________
BlackheartSauron wrote:
Whatever. I don't care if you include that band actually - I already know you won't and no amount of discussion can influence your decision, because you're closed to any information/opinions of others - you just don't have an open mind.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group